Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far (65484 Views)

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by esamade(f): 7:52pm On Apr 04
Poshpee:
Phew! See negativity over someone's life decision for moving out of this lawless and nonsense country called NIGERIA.

The people insulting the OP are sadist, wicked, lack sense of reasoning, gullible, mediocres, foolish, and poverty minded.

Some of you raining abuses on him, cannot even travel of of this zoo(NIGERIA) that's why you are so painned. Jealous naim go finish una.

If you come for me, i go give you anyway. I be fully blood Ijaw and remember "ijaw youth dey beat".

OP, thanks for sharing this, may God bless you and your family.

Lol. My Izon person, take it easy. People will be people. Put them on ignore.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by okomoney: 7:57pm On Apr 04
i will do so. thanks

Mcslize:

Read the first 20 pages of this thread below. Start from page 1-20:

https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:18pm On Apr 04
VAPatrick:

Okay, since accounting principles are different, are you saying that accrual principle for instance, in Nigeria is different from accrual principle in the US? Why am I even asking you? Apparently, you don’t know what each of them mean, since you copied them from the net or generated with ChatGPT.
I am done lecturing you bro

If you want lectures pay for it
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by VAPatrick: 8:26pm On Apr 04
AmuDimpka:

Lecturing me what? ChatGPT content that you don't understand. grin

3 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by TNORWAY: 11:30pm On Apr 04
AmuDimpka:

we.rey

Go Ai go do copy and paste 😁

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 2:02am On Apr 05
gforce5:
Egbon (Senior), congrats. Even though I've argued against people 40+ migrating, with the way Nigeria is now, it doesn't matter anymore. Nigeria is an economically unstable country. You just don't know what to expect. You are doing the best for your family. I hope that your children will appreciate the sacrifices you are making for them. Don't listen to all the negative commentators. These lots think that everything is about money. They don't understand what it's like to live in a functional society. Most Nigerians living in Nigeria think that being a big man in a small pond is normal.

A soul finally sees the light. We need to win more souls from the long lived darkness to the side of light.

AmuDimpka, remain you. We can't leave you in darkness. Come over to the side of light let the light shines on you and liberate you from the horrific abyss call nation, filled with so much corruptions.

Have you not heard they've just increased electricity tariff from 68 naira to 225 per kilowatts, with no increase in minimum wage? The earlier you know that those in power don't give a damn about you, the better for you.

Since we entered this year, we've been experiencing epileptic power supply. People's businesses have been suffering from poor power and here they came with an increased in Electricity tariff. How is the common man going to survive?

Imagine a country that gained independence for over 60 years ago, can't boost of stable electricity that will make small to medium scale businesses boom.

Since we were kids, we started hearing Nigeria will get better. Now, we've grown to full adults and the same Nigeria has gone from bad to worse. No where is it even close to getting better.

Let's open our eyes and let's be wise. Don't let anyone fools you. If you still put your hope in this country, better have a rethink.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 2:22am On Apr 05
Poshpee:
Phew! See negativity over someone's life decision for moving out of this lawless and nonsense country called NIGERIA.

The people insulting the OP are sadist, wicked, lack sense of reasoning, gullible, mediocres, foolish, and poverty minded.

Some of you raining abuses on him, cannot even travel of of this zoo(NIGERIA) that's why you are so painned. Jealous naim go finish una.

If you come for me, i go give you anyway. I be fully blood Ijaw and remember "ijaw youth dey beat".

OP, thanks for sharing this, may God bless you and your family.

Ishilove comes to mind. The way she put body down insult OP, you will think she once stayed in the same compound with op. You will never see Ishilove congratulate or rejoice with any man here for achieving something good in this platform.

All I see in her is irredeemable bitterness and unnecessary hate without minding, that might caused her BP to rise. Feeling bittered on another person's success.

I just wonder the kind of women we have in this platform.

No be ladies like this dey stab their husbands to death in Nigeria so? Her bitterness is just too obvious and chronic. For another person success o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Ikemba007: 3:54am On Apr 05
But this is exactly my point. Please read the history of Europe you'll see that there was more evil there, but their good people stayed to face it head on and they fixed it by defeating the evil ones. They didn't abandon their fatherland to the bad people.

That said, have you ever wondered why our own evil people are ready to die stealing and destroying and stopping you, while we are not ready to die in your fight against them? It is simply because they are committed to their course. They are ready to die while you are ready to flee to another man's fatherland. Meanwhile that other man's fatherland was build based on their sacrifice. Their own bad men didn't just ask them what they wanted and hand it over.

All those things you see in movies like GOT are based on the medieval Europe which was way worse than the evil here.

So no be for una land evil start. Kindly read the history of Europe and how it came to be fixed.

rapheal5:

You didn't get the point, if you want people to create an order in their fatherland it must be a land where the rulers have the love of mankind at heart. where they really want the system to work not a land full of lameduck with greed running in their dna who turn politics to a do or die affair. Tell me one thing you benefit as a citizen of this country...
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Darien4: 5:00am On Apr 05
Thank you.

Mcslize:

Follow this thread below and read the first 20 pages:

https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 6:28am On Apr 05
Mcslize:

A soul finally sees the light. We need to win more souls from the long lived darkness to the side of light.

AmuDimpka, remain you. We can't leave you in darkness. Come over to the side of light let the light shines on you and liberate you from the horrific abyss call nation, filled with so much corruptions.

Have you not heard they've just increased electricity tariff from 68 naira to 225 per kilowatts, with no increase in minimum wage? The earlier you know that those in power don't give a damn about you, the better for you.

Since we entered this year, we've been experiencing epileptic power supply. People's businesses have been suffering from poor power and here they came with an increased in Electricity tariff. How is the common man going to survive?

Imagine a country that gained independence for over 60 years ago, can't boost of stable electricity that will make small to medium scale businesses boom.

Since we were kids, we started hearing Nigeria will get better. Now, we've grown to full adults and the same Nigeria has gone from bad to worse. No where is it even close to getting better.

Let's open our eyes and let's be wise. Don't let anyone fools you. If you still put your hope in this country, better have a rethink.

Do you think that we earn wage?? Bro we pay wage we don't earn it

My own is simple ..I will not advise anyone who is 48yrs to travel to stay. At that age one should be going for vacation and business trip

That's my position sir
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by TNORWAY: 6:39am On Apr 05
AmuDimpka:

My own is simple ..I will not advise anyone who is 48yrs to travel to stay. At that age one should be going for vacation and business trip

That's my position sir
hatred,envy, jealousy....all in one person who is still in okitipipa, ondo state.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by rapheal5(m): 8:10am On Apr 05
Ikemba007:
But this is exactly my point. Please read the history of Europe you'll see that there was more evil there, but their good people stayed to face it head on and they fixed it by defeating the evil ones. They didn't abandon their fatherland to the bad people.

That said, have you ever wondered why our own evil people are ready to die stealing and destroying and stopping you, while we are not ready to die in your fight against them? It is simply because they are committed to their course. They are ready to die while you are ready to flee to another man's fatherland. Meanwhile that other man's fatherland was build based on their sacrifice. Their own bad men didn't just ask them what they wanted and hand it over.

All those things you see in movies like GOT are based on the medieval Europe which was way worse than the evil here.

So no be for una land evil start. Kindly read the history of Europe and how it came to be fixed.

That's why i said we need patriotic and courageous men like you to lead the masses to fight against this evil people.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by sageb: 8:29am On Apr 05
Mcslize:

Ishilove comes to mind. The way she put body down insult OP, you will think she once stayed in the same compound with op. You will never see Ishilove congratulate or rejoice with any man here for achieving something good in this platform.

All I see in her is irredeemable bitterness and unnecessary hate without minding, that might caused her BP to rise. Feeling bittered on another person's success.

No be ladies like this dey stab their husbands to death in Nigeria so? Her bitterness is just too obvious and chronic. For another person success o.

Why do you think she's like that?

This your claim is libelious

Ishilove is not what you portray her to be.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:07am On Apr 05
TNORWAY:
hatred,envy, jealousy....all in one person who is still in okitipipa, ondo state.
real Ondo
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by IbeOkehie: 11:16am On Apr 05
Gerrard59:
Special thanks to Treadway!

I hold nothing against OP's thread or his relocation. His choice, which I respect. However, I refuse to hold the notion that a toilet cleaner in Australia lives a better life than a permanent staff banker in Nigeria. The other day, Nairalanders argued that being a skyscraper cleaner in the UK is better than a bank manager in Nigeria. That is totally nonsensical! I don't look at earnings conversion as they are pointless, but professions and standard of living.

Anyone can decide to move from being a doctor to cleaner in the abroad, no problem. But don't come online to state that someone flourishing in his/her career in Nigeria is worse than the cleaner in the abroad. It does not follow. As I argue, you compare oranges to oranges, not oranges to apples. Compare the cleaner in the abroad to a cleaner in Nigeria, NOT a cleaner in the abroad to a career professional in Nigeria. A truck pusher in Nigeria who moves to become a cleaner in the abroad has won the lottery and improved. However, a seasoned professional who does the same has not done well.

We have to be honest in what we say.

I still disagree. I've explained why so I'll let it be. Your perspective is very different sha so I can understand.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 6:39pm On Apr 05
sageb:

Ntor! Na envious bittered lady she be. Go and read her comment to op, a calm homely lady won't feel that bittered on another man's success.

I believe you can tell a homely calm lady from a razz, vindictive and saussy one. Can't you?

Ishilove is a vindictive woman. Bad character no dey hide for ladies behaviours. The red flags will always be there.

But you know, some Simpleton men (pls pardon me to use that word) will always vouch for such ladies with bad behaviours.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 7:20pm On Apr 05
AmuDimpka:

That's my position sir

Online nairaland billionaire, oya give us the name of your company and it's website, so we can verify. If this one even manages to get visa to Gambia, he will japaa and never look back. Envious being.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Poshpee: 7:59pm On Apr 05
esamade:

Lol. My Izon person, take it easy. People will be people. Put them on ignore.
Lol 😂 I hear you. Some people are so annoying.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Poshpee: 8:02pm On Apr 05
Mcslize:

Any word bitter than bitterleaf that's what she is.
Just because it's a faceless platform, some people tend to spew rubbish.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 8:14pm On Apr 05
Poshpee:

Any word bitter than bitterleaf that's what she is.
Just because it's a faceless platform, some people tend to spew rubbish.

I am telling you brother. I don't know weti men do these ladies o.

I will find it hard to work under any woman that is uncultured and abuse power. That's why you see women like these maltreat their subordinates whenever any little power is given to them.

Should such opportunities present itself, which I don't pray for, I can't work under such types of ladies, cuz every day, we will be exchanging words.

I hate nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Ishilove: 9:51pm On Apr 05
sageb:

Does the person you quoted sound like a normal, reasonable human being?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Ishilove: 10:05pm On Apr 05
jrobbins:

This is not entirely true Sir.

My wife and two kids are abroad through my hustle as a bank staff since 2001 but I'm not resigning to go join them. I've got a Personal driver attached to an official vehicle. Got three lodges(none have less than 6 flats) for rent, a Fuelling station and also being involved in cashew export business. All these were gotten through contacts and connections at the bank. What better life do a cleaner in Australia have than me. The joy of being recognized and respected as a decision maker in a firm Is soothing. After spending years of reading and becoming a first class graduate of Mathematics, becoming a chartered account(ICAN), charted banker(CIBN) M.Sc in Equity and private finance, e.t.c, I'd now settle and agree a cleaner is better than me? No sir.

Life is too short to not explore and get to the top echelon. No one should be comfortable benefiting off others efforts we rather, have to try to become a benefactor to our own people and community. Off course Nigeria ain't really working 100% and that's why, even my own children are growing abroad. But sir, Nigeria isn't really that bad.
You have spoken well. The OP is an Uncle Tom.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Poshpee: 10:52pm On Apr 05
Mcslize:

I am telling you brother. I don't know weti men do these ladies o.

I will find it hard to work under any woman that is uncultured and abuse power. That's why you see women like these maltreat their subordinates whenever any little power is given to them.

Should such opportunities present itself, which I don't pray for, I can't work under such types of ladies, cuz every day, we will be exchanging words.

I hate nonsense!

🤣Please calm down! My brother, i be responsible married woman!😁
Nor mind those set of ladies, i guess that feminist thing is puffing their head. Dey will learn.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 12:06am On Apr 06
Poshpee:

🤣Please calm down! My brother, i be responsible married woman!😁
Nor mind those set of ladies, i guess that feminist thing is puffing their head. Dey will learn.

Accept my apology for mistakenly assuming you to be a man.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Poshpee: 6:56am On Apr 06
Mcslize:

Accept my apology for mistakenly assuming you to be a man.
Accepted.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 10:16am On Apr 06
DrAkpamudehe:

Online nairaland billionaire, oya give us the name of your company and it's website, so we can verify. If this one even manages to get visa to Gambia, he will japaa and never look back. Envious being.

I never said that I am a billionaire but I stopped earning or recieving salary last 8 yrs ago ... I am making my own little contribution to Nigeria and Africa by creating jobs not like intellectually lazy folks that will use millions to travel to be cleaning anus of Oyibo or Waterhouse workers ,rather than use the money yo create jobs here.. oh i forget IQ varies! Some will work for people till they die ! While some will have people working for then till they die !

I detest earning salary or wages ..that's me! I want to create jobs and opportunities for people that's why God gave me brain

Instead of you to create jobs and opportunities, you will be running like rabbits to Japa to countries humans like you created opportunities
Don't you guys have any iota of shame or dignity left in you

Very shameful
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by b03liberty(m): 11:01am On Apr 06
koning:

I will NEVER leave Nigeria if i am making N1million as salary in a month.. i dey mad!.

Do you know what Dignity and self respect means.

My dignity, self-respect and self worth means more to me that having light 24 hours a day. I can afford fuel for Gen for christ's sake.

POVERTY IS THE DRIVING FACTOR FOR THE JAPA MENTALITY. Stop fooling yourselves.
Thank God You don't earn it, people earning it knows what matter

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by BabyAngelMuffin: 3:17pm On Apr 06
I'm so happy for you. Congratulations and all the best to you and yours. Australia is a great country. I'm encouraged by your story. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Ikemba007: 7:23pm On Apr 06
rapheal5:
That's why i said we need patriotic and courageous men like you to lead the masses to fight against this evil people.

We need a larger force to win. So, we can't afford to keep losing men like you.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by rapheal5(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06
Ikemba007:

We need a larger force to win. So, we can't afford to keep losing men like you.
You lead the masses im behind you comrade..

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.