Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far (65497 Views)

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ariesbull: 6:57am On Apr 14
Usefulsense:

If we remove insults, we will engage in constructive reasoning.

I cannot build Nigeria. Those who tried get killed.

The only option I have is to move my children to safer clime.

Don't you have shame ?

That's a question

Me I will be shameful that I am eulogizing where others build...there is no dignity in that !

Just like talking bad about my family as a man and praising another person family ...isn't that shameful

People should be reasonable

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 10:57am On Apr 14
Usefulsense:

Australia really humbled me. Imagine a financial controller in Nigeria now picking and packing cartons in warehouses in Australia.

Oga rest, which one is imagine a financial controller. Is it about the job title or position, or is it about the financial reward which in turn gives financial freedom and good standard of living?

You know what it is all about, a governor, hor member, senator etc won't relocate from Nigeria even if he gets the visa on a platter, and I believe you know why?

So because you were making at max #1m per month, which is #12m yearly, you feel you don become big man for Nigeria?

Dey make times 5 or more of that and we still feel like we are not yet a "big man." Well people are different sha.

Using today's standard, oga you are not a big man anything.

Na now you get opportunity to become a rich successful man, and I hope you make proper and good use of it.

I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ahehe: 8:02pm On Apr 14
Congratulations!
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Kizzygentle: 2:36pm On Apr 15
Congratulations to you and more wins. Please how can I go to Australia through study route. I need your guidance in this.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Kizzygentle: 2:42pm On Apr 15
Usefulsense:
Last year, I sought the opinion of Nairalanders concerning my plan to move to Australia.
My major worry was my age (48) and also considering that my net salary in Nigeria was a little over a million Naira per month as the financial controller of a manufacturing company in Onitsha.

Below is the link to the thread I opened to seek peoples advice and I recommend that you go through the thread to fully appreciate
the story that follows.

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/7825207/japa-confused-please-advise][/url]. I promised to tell my story after 3 months of my stay in Australia.

I finally left Nigeria on December 7th, 2023 and arrived the country on December 9th with my children. Today, I am exactly 3 months, 2 weeks and 6 days old in Sydney, australia.

This is not a hearsay, it is not an eye witness account, it is my story.

This is intended to guide people who maybe planning to travel outside Nigeria. Should you migrate at an age over 45 or not?

Those who told me not to go are right and those who told me to travel are also right.

Given another opportunity, will I take the decision to move out of Nigeria at 48? Have I made a mistake? How am I surviving?

You will find out in this thread.

To be continued shortly .........

My brother please can u guide me on the study route. Thanks
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 5:53pm On Apr 15
Kizzygentle:

My brother please can u guide me on the study route. Thanks

Australia school fees no be moi moi o. If you don't have a rich sponsor and if you are not rich, you might struggle.

Aussie Universities school fees are not cheap at all.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Bestest05: 9:17pm On Apr 15
This thread finally ended up no giving any meaningful information because of some I too wise busy doing nothing fellows on the comment section. Nawao for some people
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 11:12am On Apr 20
Evil spirits and demons finally killed this thread. Chaii
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by mbapelvis: 8:05pm On Apr 20
Can someone enter Australia as a tourist and seek asylum?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Mcslize: 11:43pm On Apr 20
ariesbull:
and don't you have shame that you can't build your place ...you run to places others built to mess it up ?

Just asking

Stop this gaslighting. Build which place? Was he the one that destroyed Nigeria?

Come off it man. If you like die for Nigeria, no one cares. Op has discovered his own path of life that he feels so secured about his life unlike you that will always panic when moving around without securities.

Die for Nigeria as a honorary patriotic Nigerian. We will be so happy for you man.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ednut1(m): 12:12am On Apr 21
mbapelvis:
they wont even give you the tourist visa to begin with. Canada gave many Nigerians tourist visas last year. You can try your luck
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ariesbull: 4:24am On Apr 21
Mcslize:

Stop this gaslighting. Build which place? Was he the one that destroyed Nigeria?

Come off it man. If you like die for Nigeria, no one cares. Op has discovered his own path of life that he feels so secured about his life unlike you that will always panic when moving around without securities.

Die for Nigeria as a honorary patriotic Nigerian. We will be so happy for you man.
oga go build your country and stop being a liability ti other races

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 9:05am On Apr 21
mbapelvis:

Your mates that entered on tourist visas in the last 2yrs never returned back home and they have messed it up for others. So the answer is no, tourist visa done cast due to the wickedness of Nigerians. Cheers
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ttmax09(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21
Eriokanmi:
Thanks for dropping a different but reasonable scenario. I lived and schooled in America but chose to come back home. There are limitless opportunities here.

As you're running away, lots of Chinese, Japanese and Indians keep thronging Nigeria in search of opportunities we've never seen. Imagine a Chinese opening a shop in Oshodi grin. They'd come with a pair of trousers and begin riding jeeps in less than 5 years. This was what I saw, which brought me back Home. Meanwhile, those I left behind said my village people had prevailed. Now, I dash them money each time I visit. They can't even try what I did now cos age isn't on their side anymore and they're overwhelmed with family needs. Some of them haven't gotten papers till date so, they can't even visit home.

As I speak, I can only say, thank God I came back. I'm quite relevant in the industry in which I operate. I can't imagine me relocating at that age...for what reason exactly? I hold visas of powerful countries which I have not even used. I can visit all the European countries with the multiple visa I hold, any time I choose. I don't have to queue before obtaining American visa. With a drop box, I'm good.

I live in a part of Lagos where we enjoy 22hrs power supply. I don't have to turn on my gen if the light blinks cos I know they'd restore it in minutes. In advanced nations too, light does blink. I had been inside the Geneva Airport for 20 minures and light wasn't restored affer they took it. Prof Adewole, the former health minister was there that day. We jammed eachother. He was also returning to Nigeria.

I drive 40 minutes to the airport. I get to VI ahead of those living in Lekki/Ajah despite leaving their homes early. Life is about choices but choosing rightly is edifying and rewarding. I remember a day i was painting my house. The owner of the company said, we painted Davido's house and his dad's university too. I was like, that means there's nothing celebs can enjoy which I too can't. Look inwards and you'd see opportunities that will transform your life and that of your entire family. I just completed a WHO-sponsored project in the first quarter. Nigeria is a blessed nation. What we lack is leadership. If only we can jettison tribalism and bigotry, we will get it right someday.

The bad choices we make are the reasons Nigerian youths, who are supposed to fix the nation are running away. Our leaders who have refused to leave the space, always operate like cultists so they care less about the masses after deceiving them into winning elections. Imagine a senator being expelled for exposing his colleagues. His conscience must have disturbed him to spill the beans despite being an officer in the house. Getting it right begins with you and I
lovely writeup, indeed Nigeria is blessed, but we just lack good leadership.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 12:32pm On Apr 21
Eriokanmi:
Thanks for dropping a different but reasonable scenario. I lived and schooled in America but chose to come back home. There are limitless opportunities here.

As you're running away, lots of Chinese, Japanese and Indians keep thronging Nigeria in search of opportunities we've never seen. Imagine a Chinese opening a shop in Oshodi grin. They'd come with a pair of trousers and begin riding jeeps in less than 5 years. This was what I saw, which brought me back Home. Meanwhile, those I left behind said my village people had prevailed. Now, I dash them money each time I visit. They can't even try what I did now cos age isn't on their side anymore and they're overwhelmed with family needs. Some of them haven't gotten papers till date so, they can't even visit home.

As I speak, I can only say, thank God I came back. I'm quite relevant in the industry in which I operate. I can't imagine me relocating at that age...for what reason exactly? I hold visas of powerful countries which I have not even used. I can visit all the European countries with the multiple visa I hold, any time I choose. I don't have to queue before obtaining American visa. With a drop box, I'm good.

I live in a part of Lagos where we enjoy 22hrs power supply. I don't have to turn on my gen if the light blinks cos I know they'd restore it in minutes. In advanced nations too, light does blink. I had been inside the Geneva Airport for 20 minures and light wasn't restored affer they took it. Prof Adewole, the former health minister was there that day. We jammed eachother. He was also returning to Nigeria.

I drive 40 minutes to the airport. I get to VI ahead of those living in Lekki/Ajah despite leaving their homes early. Life is about choices but choosing rightly is edifying and rewarding. I remember a day i was painting my house. The owner of the company said, we painted Davido's house and his dad's university too. I was like, that means there's nothing celebs can enjoy which I too can't. Look inwards and you'd see opportunities that will transform your life and that of your entire family. I just completed a WHO-sponsored project in the first quarter. Nigeria is a blessed nation. What we lack is leadership. If only we can jettison tribalism and bigotry, we will get it right someday.

The bad choices we make are the reasons Nigerian youths, who are supposed to fix the nation are running away. Our leaders who have refused to leave the space, always operate like cultists so they care less about the masses after deceiving them into winning elections. Imagine a senator being expelled for exposing his colleagues. His conscience must have disturbed him to spill the beans despite being an officer in the house. Getting it right begins with you and I

Capping yen yen yen. ... How many Youths online and on the streets have you mentored? Una go just come online dey type rubbish. How have the youths in your village and community benefited from your purported success? Allow people who feel their success is on the other side to try their luck. Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Jamestown123: 2:00pm On Apr 21
DrAkpamudehe:

Capping yen yen yen. ... How many Youths online and on the streets have you mentored? Una go just come online dey type rubbish. How have the youths in your village and community benefited from your purported success? Allow people who feel their success is on the other side to try their luck. Rubbish
Bros frustration is written all over you and your write up.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 2:53pm On Apr 21
Jamestown123:
Bros frustration is written all over you and your write up.

Am where you and your generation will only dream to be but can never be, so stop capping nonsense
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Eriokanmi: 3:04pm On Apr 21
DrAkpamudehe:

Na fight ? grin. Abeg easy ooh
Mentioning those God has used me to elevate is tantamount to blowing my trumpet. If I do, I've received my reward already so its irrelevant.
I pray God keeps using me. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Jamestown123: 3:36pm On Apr 21
DrAkpamudehe:

Am where you and your generation will only dream to be but can never be, so stop capping nonsense
Nothing concern me and you. Na advice I give you bros.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 9:46pm On Apr 21
Jamestown123:
Nothing concern me and you. Na advice I give you bros.

Go and advice your miserable life and that of your next generation. You want to advice a man who has the 6th most powerful passport in the world under his possession. You are a
F😒😒L
. Broke man still hustling for Uber to drive , dey give big man advice. Wetin I no go see for nairaland. @Eriokanmi, these are young kids on nairaland, am asking you to help and mentor. They need help
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Jamestown123: 9:59pm On Apr 21
DrAkpamudehe:

Go and advice your miserable life and that of your next generation. You want to advice a man who has the 6th most powerful passport in the world under his possession. You are a
F😒😒L
. Broke man still hustling for Uber to drive , dey give big man advice. Wetin I no go see for nairaland. @Eriokanmi, these are young kids on nairaland, am asking you to help and mentor. They need help
Ichie kpakpando 1 😂😂😂
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Obierika(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22
Bestest05:
This thread finally ended up no giving any meaningful information because of some I too wise busy doing nothing fellows on the comment section. Nawao for some people

What other information are you looking for?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by mbapelvis: 1:39pm On Apr 23
DrAkpamudehe:

Your mates that entered on tourist visas in the last 2yrs never returned back home and they have messed it up for others. So the answer is no, tourist visa done cast due to the wickedness of Nigerians. Cheers
I'm a Cameroonian not a Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.