Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth (19081 Views)

Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids / Sex After Child Birth / Woman Narrates How Husband Died After Returning From Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Anashe: 3:47am On Apr 01
shortgun:

Abeg shut up, many women have come out to debunk the widely believed pains associated with pregnancy and child birth as exaggerated and a hoax. Of all the mammals on the planet only the modern human female needs 1 full year to recover from pregnancy and child birth.

You're the one who needs to shut up. Do you know anything about maternal mortality? Many women where? Are you a medical doctor? Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant or gone through childbirth before? You just come online to spew trash because Nairaland is a faceless forum. To what end? A simple Google search would have helped you, a nonentity and the idiotic illiterates who liked your comment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 3:48am On Apr 01
shortgun:

Abeg shut up, many women have come out to debunk the widely believed pains associated with pregnancy and child birth as exaggerated and a hoax. Of all the mammals on the planet only the modern human female needs 1 full year to recover from pregnancy and child birth.

Which woman has said this? Bloody liar!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Goalnaldo(m): 3:49am On Apr 01
This one dey look for mummy zee kind of favour nothing you go tell me, fortunately for them, men are good people and some of them would raise their account.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Anashe: 3:50am On Apr 01
Reminderz:
When I noticed about this generation females, baddies or hoes as they chose to call themselves, is that they are extremely lazy.. Even without childbirth, they don't even want to do anything in the first place... all they know is just to sit down, cross leg, relax, watch kdrama shit and then wait for man to slave his entire life working for them... no productivity, no value just set of liabilities... instead of them to lower the man's blood pressure and reduce his stress, they will rather increase and frustrate the hell out of his life and y'll wonder why women live longer...

when our mothers gave birth, they didn't even put all these dramas and bullshits these "modern" women are putting up now... all these pregnancy cravings bullshit that's making these women do and ask for stupid things didn't even exist and they were industrious, strong and also a source of peace for their husbands... in fact, childbirth then was as easy as a goat giving birth... go to some part of the villages, you would still see some of what I said happening... but you see now, mehn, I can't help but shake my head... the man in love AKA the slave, will work to satisfy all these cravings, make sure even a pin doesn't touch her, coupled with the fact the slave will even provide a maid for her, but just to do the basic things at home will still be a 5-unit course for her...

it's true, weak men create hard times.. if not the foolish men that encourages these behaviours in women, the women would have sit tight but in a world where the men are weak, the women are the superior... what's bad in cooking for your husband? she didn't even seem force? I also blame social media, if not, I don't know why people can't live their lives privately anymore, using every opportunity to seek validation online... it's a pandemic... if not because of the bullshit we consume these days, the artificial drugs we take, the chemicals we ingest daily, giving birth would never require being in a hospital... all those our local herbs and fruit would have done a great job in keeping us much healthier.. but the knowledge of these is slowing waning off since we adopted the modern way of treatment which is invariably damaging our health.

Trying to count how many times you've used "bullshit". But I'll make this short and simple, you would have been better off aborted, or perhaps, your parents should have used emergency contraceptives instead of giving birth to a disgrace like you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Anashe: 3:52am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Which woman has said this? Bloody liar!!

Don't mind that nincompoop. I don't pity the women who keep having children with and for these kinds of men. He'll come and argue with a doctor now.

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 3:53am On Apr 01
franugo:

That's right, guilt trip her for not lying....childbirth is different for a lot of women, I've heard about women who lost so much blood and almost died, my favourite colleague is one of such. I've also heard of women who washed clothes, gave birth, came home and packed the dry clothes on same day. Infact the pregnant lady was washing clothes when my colleague saw her that morning, by the time my colleague got home in the evening, the woman don go clinic, born, come back and packed the clothes she washed in the morning.
Childbirth is not the big bad wolf you people make it out to be all the time, everybody no go get your experience. No need to debase the woman that had a seamless delivery.

Is her situation the norm?? Why are you happy to take the exception as the NORM?

Most women do not have a seamless delivery.

Have you ever been to a Labour ward before?

4 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Anashe: 3:59am On Apr 01
Ashirioluwa:
As for me, I will not allow her to do it. As a matter of fact, I will be doing the cooking for us until she’s physically ok.

Giving birth to a baby is not an easy thing.

Thank you for this. Can't believe the ignorant comments I've been seeing here. Lost two different patients a few years ago to cardiomyopathy and heavy bleeding within a week of child birth. And these ones think that it's child's play.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Anashe: 4:04am On Apr 01
dangotesmummy:
o please educate the man child about some women developing stroke,deafness or high blood pressure after bringing life to a child.

I had a friend very pretty, chubby,full of life and vivacious.the moment she was pregnant most of her hair was gone,her blood pressure rose up,her beauty was gone even after child birth.obesity nko? Some cannot even walk again after child birth,some go blind too much to mention and then this sociopathic fool with no home training casualizes child birth like you don't have a mother to tutor you

I've had oby/gyn patients (pregnant women) with complete hair loss, loss of dentition, temporary blindness, paralysis, partial stroke, postpartum psychosis, etc. I think they need to start raising the awareness in Nigeria because of the things I'm reading here from supposedly educated people. Plus women need to start knowing the potential risks involved before having kids with nonentities. Dear God! I don't have the strength for Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by purples25(f): 4:33am On Apr 01
franugo:

That's right, guilt trip her for not lying....childbirth is different for a lot of women, I've heard about women who lost so much blood and almost died, my favourite colleague is one of such. I've also heard of women who washed clothes, gave birth, came home and packed the dry clothes on same day. Infact the pregnant lady was washing clothes when my colleague saw her that morning, by the time my colleague got home in the evening, the woman don go clinic, born, come back and packed the clothes she washed in the morning.
Childbirth is not the big bad wolf you people make it out to be all the time, everybody no go get your experience. No need to debase the woman that had a seamless delivery.

There is no guilt tripping or debasement here. I congratulated her and showed happiness for her case, but I asked her not to generalize, because she seemed to be addressing all women in her post.

Men really want to grab at those stronger women as an example of all women. Yes, they mostly do that. Then the ones that need rest and care cannot get it because of the strong ones mouthing off all about how easy it is. I had an 'easy' birth yet I appreciated every little consideration for my health. Even easy wasn't easy but, how would you understand. Maybe you think easy is without pain (I laugh). Yes, even if I stood up minutes after and the nurses praised. I still wanted and needed that petting. Superwoman my foot.

She didn't push or have contractions or pains and fears abi? Lemme just keep quiet on that.

You want women to be saying it's easy so that y'all can deal with all of us and in fact forget about all tender care. That's what you guys secretly want. And the women who trivialize childbirth are opening the door wide for you.

You and the women that want to spring clean after having babies should meet up and get married. They should just not turn back on any day claiming mistreatment, lack of appreciation, stress or neglect, because that's how it usually ends. My soul might come out of my body to slap their mouths.

7 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by udomonday: 4:33am On Apr 01
Foolish man.dont you know that you are supposed to pamper and cook for her at that period?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by etrange: 4:40am On Apr 01
franugo:

I believe they were alternatives there, i saw an old woman there, probably a parent and i saw a younger lady, possibly a relative. It's clear the lady wanted to do it herself for her husband, nothing bad there. Also, the man said a day after returning from the hospital, not a day after childbirth.

Yeah, but most people leave the hospital 24 hours after giving birth, so that distinction you tried to make may not count for much, to be honest. I'd like to believe she was just putting up a show for the camera cause I don't see any universe in which those other ladies you mentioned would comfortably sit down and let her do the cooking for all of them to eat even if the husband allowed it. It's like going to the hospital and eating the patient's food. Like you said, it's possible she wanted to do it, but courtesy demands that the people around asks her to rest instead. But like I said, they seem happy and that's all that matters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by ScarletBrace(m): 4:48am On Apr 01
shortgun:

At this time, my heart goes out to all the women in your household. Heaven grant them the strength to bear this huge sanity loss by a redpiller of a nuisance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by MuslimIgbo: 4:51am On Apr 01
EreluRoz:
Wicked man, may this type of selfish unreasonable man be far away.

Even if she wants to a sensible loving man will refuse and ask her to go rest.

Two years sef I still dy rest. Nonsense
Lol
2 years?

Then you go rest forever then...
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by abba99: 4:53am On Apr 01
I know a woman who when to farm alone working and gave birth on the farm alone. She then took her baby and firewood back home.. the baby boy is still alive today with mum. 20 years ago. ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Bellotelli: 5:10am On Apr 01
Wife still enjoys doing what she's doing and the couple are enjoying their marriage,.. but here you guys are, jobless lots, arguing about other people's life angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Larrycool1234(m): 5:19am On Apr 01
Why is this man telling us this now ? Oh so we can start donating money again like the aunty who wake up 4am everyday ..,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by KOMBE: 5:20am On Apr 01
poshestmina:
He should have carried the gas and foodstuffs to her in the Labor room .
He didn't have to wait till the next day .

Can't believe someone can be this selfish. He should kill the woman

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by jellybabee(f): 5:20am On Apr 01
bukatyne:
In which culture did women start working immediately after birth? Igbos have the omugwo system, Yorubas have the MIL/Mother/female relative come in. I don't know about the Hausa but I believe in a Polygamous set-up, there are enough wives to run the home such that the new mother is not burdened.

Our fathers in the 15th century, where did women give birth and jump into chores?

@OP: I don't blame the husband. If the wife has shown herself capable, who are we to say she isn't? Ideally, we can't love her more than she loves herself.
Hausa women go to their parents's home to stay after child birth

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by condensedmilk: 5:29am On Apr 01
purples25:

Why do you like to make life hard for your fellow women, belittling the effort and pains of giving birth.

You should have asked her what she did differently so as to learn one or two and also teach other women too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Ouchbabe(f): 5:29am On Apr 01
Anu mpama, I know idiot like you who think a woman is a slave will support the rubbish the man posted. Wait until your daughter whether born or yet to be born cooks for her husband right in the labour room
franugo:

You're very silly for posting this, so everyone is supposed to go through your childbirth experience? Are you okay? Imagine calling the woman an uninformed illiterate....something must be wrong with you angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by delpee(f): 6:01am On Apr 01
Hmmm! It's not a wise decision even if she's strong. Sometimes complications arise due to stress after birth. May that not be her portion.

She needs some rest before the task of taking care of both baby and the home starts in earnest.

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 6:04am On Apr 01
Ouchbabe:
Anu mpama, I know idiot like you who think a woman is a slave will support the rubbish the man posted. Wait until your daughter whether born or yet to be born cooks for her husband right in the labour room

You have no decorum, just coming online to spill trash
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 6:11am On Apr 01
purples25:

There is no guilt tripping or debasement here. I congratulated her and showed happiness for her case, but I asked her not to generalize, because she seemed to be addressing all women in her post.

Men really want to grab at those stronger women as an example of all women. Yes, they mostly do that. Then the ones that need rest and care cannot get it because of the strong ones mouthing off all about how easy it is. I had an 'easy' birth yet I appreciated every little consideration for my health. Even easy wasn't easy but, how would you understand. Maybe you think easy is without pain (I laugh). Yes, even if I stood up minutes after and the nurses praised. I still wanted and needed that petting. Superwoman my foot.

She didn't push or have contractions or pains and fears abi? Lemme just keep quiet on that.

You want women to be saying it's easy so that y'all can deal with all of us and in fact forget about all tender care. That's what you guys secretly want. And the women who trivialize childbirth are opening the door wide for you.

You and the women that want to spring clean after having babies should meet up and get married. They should just not turn back on any day claiming mistreatment, lack of appreciation, stress or neglect, because that's how it usually ends. My soul might come out of my body to slap their mouths.

Maybe you don't know what guilt tripping is but you definitely did it in the comment i quoted. I've seen terrible childbirth, my woman's sister almost died, lost her beauty, shape and got depressed a little...I've also seen difficult deliveries as well as mild ones. You want us to generalise using terrible childbirths while complaining that all men want to generalise using easy deliveries....are you not seeing the hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Truvelisback(m): 6:11am On Apr 01
EreluRoz:
Wicked man, may this type of selfish unreasonable man be far away.

Even if she wants to a sensible loving man will refuse and ask her to go rest.

Two years sef I still dy rest. Nonsense
Dey calm down. From the video, she looks very excited doing it and she wasn't forced to do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 6:15am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Is her situation the norm?? Why are you happy to take the exception as the NORM?

Most women do not have a seamless delivery.

Have you ever been to a Labour ward before?

And why are you happy to take terrible deliveries as the norm? I don't understand you ladies on this platform. Women give birth all around the world, some go through hell, some deliver like hebrew women, some go through some difficulty....but you people, especially little girls that haven't experienced childbirth, come online and make it seem like it is worst pain in the world for every mother and when women that have actually been through it come out and debunk you, you lose your shit.

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by YelloweWest: 6:40am On Apr 01
LordIsaac:
She was not forced…even animals feed their babies a day after giving birth. If there are no complications, their bodies are designed to continue maintaining their homes. Stop insulting the man!
Animals feed their babies. That's exactly what she should be doing not feeding her stùpid husband!!

4 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by YelloweWest: 6:43am On Apr 01
shortgun:

Yeah... you need the assimilation labour machine asap!

Don't marry anyone with this mentality pls!

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Trophy12: 6:45am On Apr 01
Where that animal jennyclay grin
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by YelloweWest: 6:46am On Apr 01
poshestmina:

Caveman (Our Father's set ) Ndeewo Nnayin Ukwu Sir.
I'd like to ask you few questions;

"Your mother's set" ,Were they any under any kind of pressure to get educated ,get a career /BuSiness to support their 'Dimkpas' and husbands?

The pregnant women you've heard,read about and seen with swollen feet ,constant fatigue, throwing up ,severe Insomnia and all the pregnancy induced uncomfortable situations (I'm not even going to talk about the life threatening Medical Emergencies some go through) ?

Nnaanyi sir ,should the "Weak man AKA man in love " ignore his uncomfortable or sick partner to go hang out with the boys or sleep off on her (Prolly after topping up?)

You must be delusional ,inhuman and bitter to your bone marrow to think birthing a child is a joke!
Men who stayed with their women giving birth have PTSD ..Some won't even go in ,some ran away midprocess .

Of course ,even wall gecko becomes tiger and lions online,so yeah ,enjoy the invisible shoulder pads and Alfa crown.

Women that gave birth had a Fattening where I'm from ,they don't leave that house until 2/3 months. No chores ,no nothing . just eat ,feed the baby and sleep for atleast 2 months and I didn't even grow up to meet that tradition and it was during 'YOUR Mother's Generation)! I'm from Kalabari ,Rivers state. Research and read about it!

"YOUR Mother's set" were mostly housewives ,so they 'tended to their husbands with all of their times and energies.
You want "Your mother's set of wife or women but you don't to be your father's set.

Na your type dey ask What are you bringing to the table?
I wonder and blame women who stays with your kind of men.

Tueh!
Imbra!!!

Don't mind all these fools on this blog.

Most of them are drug addicted failures who's only career is bet9ja.

They hate women because they simply can't have a good one.

Temper tantrum, bloated ego small boys.

Anyone with half a brain knows this is wrong.

A day after child birth, he can't cook his own goddamn meal...

As for the wife claiming super woman, her shege dey wait her for front...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Forumites: 7:02am On Apr 01
jmoore:
Her choice, her life.

Is she complaining?
I just tire for these people my brother. My wife drove herself to hospital to have my first child. Before I come back from where I went the strong woman don born…. Even tell me say make we dey go home. I had to tell the doctor to please allow her to rest. We are wired differently.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 7:03am On Apr 01
franugo:

And why are you happy to take terrible deliveries as the norm? I don't understand you ladies on this platform. Women give birth all around the world, some go through hell, some deliver like hebrew women, some go through some difficulty....but you people, especially little girls that haven't experienced childbirth, c ome online and make it seem like it is worst pain in the world for every mother and when women that have actually been through it come out and debunk you, you lose your shit.

Alaye, have you experienced childbirth?

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by dangotesmummy: 7:06am On Apr 01
fyzaila:

You're right, feeling ontop nothing
go and heal you are too bitter.no be woman be Naija problem tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.