Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy - Food (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy (40223 Views)

Top Ten Popular Igbo Soups / Who Is The King Of All Nigerian Soups? (Pictures) / 5 IGBO Soups You Should Try (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 10:16pm On Apr 01
waternogetememy:
I DON POST OHA NOW, TOMORROW, U WILL ARGUE WITH MY CHILDREN, THAT OHA SOUP IS NOT IGBO.

U CLOWNS!

STOP THE HATING AND GIVE CREDIT TO WHOM IT IS DUE.

Who dey drag that smelly soup that smells like footballers socks.

We are telling you to stop claiming other people's foods such as Okro , Egusi and Ogbono which you have never cultivated in your east.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:18pm On Apr 01
DeepThroater:

We are telling you to stop claiming other people's foods such as Okro , Egusi and Ogbono which you have never cultivated in your east.

THAT IS VERY FUNNY, CONSIDERING THIS IS YOUR SOUP.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gustavowhite(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01
DeepThroater:

Mr Niger delta,now you are revealing your ethnic group
Yoruba people and change of ethnic group na 5& 6
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by vannessa7(f): 10:20pm On Apr 01
Couldntfigurean:
Igbo should learn to gatekeep their foods like the black Americans gatekeep their culture
I once saw an American woman claim okra is from twi,Ghana and many Ghanaians were agreeing with her,how can okwuru be Ghanaian when it’s even documented as far back as the 1800s
And to egusi,youba can’t claim egusi,I know igbos who wouldn’t touch Yoruba foods with a long pole and we have been eaten egusi since time immemorial,so how can you make a soup better the supposed owners?
they (Yoruba) dont even cook theirs like ours,they add Stew and oil,while igbo use ugu(what’s the Yoruba name for ugu?)
Some dumb igbo are now calling ofe akwu banga,with time delta people will tell you how ofe akwu is delta and some dumb people will accept

When it comes to food,leave it for ndigbo,people say Calabar but most Calabar kitchen cook igbo foods and just edikikang

Igbo kwenu

You people like to hype yourself over nothing, you must denigrate and malign others in order to feel good about yourself, inferiority complex.

Igbo soup that ages you and makes you people develop various organ diseases, 50 year old looking like 80 years old, wrinkled, wonded look, it's a pity, imagine what is going on inside a person who age prematurely like that, his organs age prematurely too, kidney disease, stroke, etc due to poor diets devoid of tomatoes which repair cells and you are here celebrating nonsense,

I'm sure that Ondo governor might not die like that if he didn't marry igbo woman and eating all those dead food, Mr Ibu may God rest his soul may also be a victim of igbo so called wonder soups, empty barrels make the loudest noise.
I don't mind eating tomatoes soups and ewedu forever even though Yoruba also have other varieties of soups, Vegetables of different types too, google it and get educated

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by tnerro1(m): 10:21pm On Apr 01
illicit:
I enjoy Igbo girls

The light skinned ones

I Dey chop them like oha soup😋😋

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gustavowhite(m): 10:21pm On Apr 01
DeepThroater:

imagine a Yoruba person talking down of other people’s food
Yoruba are the last when it comes to food,apart from ewedu and gbegiri and stew,what else do you guys eat?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:22pm On Apr 01
vannessa7:

You people like to hype yourself over nothing, you must denigrate and malign others in order to feel good about yourself, inferiority complex.
Igbo soup that ages you and makes you people develop various organ diseases, 50 year old looking like 80 years old, wrinkled, wonded look, it's a pity, imagine what is going on inside a person who age prematurely like that, his organs age prematurely too, kidney disease, stroke, etc due to poor diets devoid of tomatoes which repair cells and you are here celebrating nonsense, I'm sure that Ondo governor might not die like that if he didn't marry igbo woman and eating all those dead food, Mr Ibu may God rest his soul may also be a victim of igbo so called wonder soups, empty barrels make the loudest noise. I don't mind eating tomatoes soups and ewedu forever even though Yoruba also have other varieties of soups, Vegetables of different types too, google it and get educated

NO, YORUBA KNOW THEIR ANCESTRAL SOUP, AND THEY KNOW SOUP THAT CAME FROM OTHER TRIBE.

SIMPLY ACKNOWLEDGE THEM.

IS THAT TOO HARD?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:23pm On Apr 01
IF I EAT AMALA, I GIVE RECOGNITION TO YORUBAS BECAUSE I KNOW IT ORIGINATE THERE.

IT IS A WAY TO SHOW LOVE.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 10:24pm On Apr 01
Gustavowhite:
imagine a Yoruba person talking down of other people’s food
Yoruba are the last when it comes to food,apart from ewedu and gbegiri and stew,what else do you guys eat?

Guy you don't want to go down the food track

Because I go remind you of Basden's book on your peoples culinary habit .

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by OniyideAmplify(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01
FOOTSOLDIER2:
People asking egusi na igbo soup, Shey the name "Egusi" sounds like Yoruba or Hausa to your ears ?

I'm from Kaduna state but you people will always jealous Igbos
What exactly aboki wan tell us before if not rubbish. What else do you know aside goro and weed.

I just laugh when you said Yorubas are jealous of igbo.

Very soon, you people will soon come out and tell us that Ashewo is an igbo word as we don dey allow una call am "ashawo"

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Couldntfigurean: 10:26pm On Apr 01
vannessa7:

Igbo soup that ages you and makes you people develop various organ diseases, 50 year old looking like 80 years old, wrinkled, wonded look, it's a pity, imagine what is going on inside a person who age prematurely like that, his organs age prematurely too, kidney disease, stroke, etc due to poor diets devoid of tomatoes which repair cells and you are here celebrating nonsense,

I'm sure that Ondo governor might not die like that if he didn't marry igbo woman and eating all those dead food, Mr Ibu may God rest his soul may also be a victim of igbo so called wonder soups, empty barrels make the loudest noise.
I don't mind eating tomatoes soups and ewedu forever even though Yoruba also have other varieties of soups, Vegetables of different types too, google it and get educated
Coming from a people that consume red oil like red wine
I bet it’s too much of red oil that killed mohbad who is not even up to 30 years
I wonder why anybody will make one small pot of ewedu i with one bottle of red oil and think he is enjoying
Delusion is Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 10:26pm On Apr 01
Gustavowhite:
Mr Niger delta,now you are revealing your ethnic group
Yoruba people and change of ethnic group na 5& 6

I side with anybody besides you guys.

And how did I become Yoruba by telling you to your faces that you are lying that you own all those delicacies ?

I have come to know you guys as our greatest enemies who will lie and distort facts and history .

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gustavowhite(m): 10:28pm On Apr 01
DeepThroater:

Guy you don't want to go down the food track

Because I go remind you of Basden's book on your peoples culinary habit .

yoruba have the worse culinary skill
You can confirm from your brother ope famakin who said you cook rubbish in Yoruba land
Take your fight to him not me

I know many people who grew in Lagos and won’t even touch a Yoruba food with a 20m pole

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Dsimmer: 10:28pm On Apr 01
Couldntfigurean:
how are you in ogbomosho and know that these things don’t grow in the SE?
Yoruba and Hausa are at par in soup level,you guys don’t have soups
When you type Nigeria foods on google,it’s mostly Igbo foods
Most of the yam we eat in igboland todays are brought in from benue and the north,so you want to tell us we didn’t eat yams back in the days,laziness have make many of us rely on the north for food,it dosent mean they never had it
Stick with gbegiri and ewedu,that’s the typical Yoruba food

What Google are you talking about? Several Nigerians work there however Yoruba aren't dishonestly insecure or manipulative to be manipulating fact on Google by bringing up some lying articles to the first search in a bid to suit some lying narrative. Lol..

Meanwhile, Gbegiri and ewedu are delicious Yoruba's soup btw. It's popular among the Yoruba because it's delicious.

Point is Egusi is a Yoruba word. Simple as ABC.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gustavowhite(m): 10:29pm On Apr 01
DeepThroater:

I side with anybody besides you guys.

And how did I become Yoruba by telling you to your faces that you are lying that you own all those delicacies ?

I have come to know you guys as our greatest enemies who will lie and distort facts and history .

you are a Yoruba boy
Stop jumping from one tribe to another,even online you guys are cowardly to admit your tribe
Always hiding behind other tribes to dish Igbo
Even online?
Haba

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 10:30pm On Apr 01
Gustavowhite:
yoruba have the worse culinary skill
You can confirm from your brother ope famakin who said you cook rubbish in Yoruba land
Take your fight to him not me

I know many people who grew in Lagos and won’t even touch a Yoruba food with a 20m pole

Go and read Basden's diary to understand and know the kind of limited food your ancestors gnawed on.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Couldntfigurean: 10:31pm On Apr 01
Dsimmer:

What Google are you talking about? Several Nigerians work there however Yoruba aren't insecure, dishonest or manipulative to be manipulating fact on Google by bringing up articles to the first search in a bid to suit some narrative. Lol..

Meanwhile, Gbegiri and ewedu are delicious Yoruba's soup btw. It's popular among the Yoruba because of its medicinal benefits.

Point is Egusi is a Yoruba word. Simple as ABC.
story story story
Yoruba are the most dishonest and manipulative people
Try another lamba

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Dsimmer: 10:32pm On Apr 01
Couldntfigurean:
story story story
Yoruba are the most dishonest and manipulative people
Try another lamba

Says someone whose wicked ancestors killed every other regional leaders except the Igbos. Then ended up playing the victim.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:33pm On Apr 01
SOMEBODY SAID, WHAT YORUBA CALL EGWUSI SOUP IS ACTUALLY EGWUSI STEW.

MAYBE, THE YORUBAS HERE ARE CONFUSING SOUP AS STEW.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gustavowhite(m): 10:33pm On Apr 01
DeepThroater:

Go and read Basden's diary to understand and know the kind of limited food your ancestors gnawed on.

Painment
Nobody is dragging amala and gbegiri with y’all
Nobody like that shit,so don’t drag what’s not yours

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gangster1ms: 10:33pm On Apr 01
I knew they would argue egusi... in the future they will claim ofe nsala and ofe akwu, the first step is renaming the soups to white soup and banga soup respectively.
Beware my igbo brethren and stop showcasing our delicacies around them.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Couldntfigurean: 10:34pm On Apr 01
Dsimmer:

Says someone whose wicked ancestors killed every regional leaders except the Igbos.
What “my ancestors” did is their business,Yoruba boy
Claim your amala and efo soup and leave others to claim theirs

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:35pm On Apr 01
leathalbeast:
looks very yummy but over here in Ghana we will call this stew instead of soup.

OK NA YOU TALK AM?
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Dsimmer: 10:35pm On Apr 01
Gustavowhite:
Painment
Nobody is dragging amala and gbegiri with y’all
Nobody like that shit,so don’t drag what’s not yours

Oha looks shitty, not ewedu. Take that from me. See beautiful ewedu below.

And Egusi is a Yoruba name which has got several varieties as a matter of fact.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by vannessa7(f): 10:36pm On Apr 01
Couldntfigurean:
how are you in ogbomosho and know that these things don’t grow in the SE?
Yoruba and Hausa are at par in soup level,you guys don’t have soups
When you type Nigeria foods on google,it’s mostly Igbo foods
Most of the yam we eat in igboland todays are brought in from benue and the north,so you want to tell us we didn’t eat yams back in the days,laziness have make many of us rely on the north for food,it dosent mean they never had it
Stick with gbegiri and ewedu,that’s the typical Yoruba food

I have been to your land and one open secret is that your land does not support good food cultivation, that's why you pick all sorts of brick a brick to make your over hyped soups, and you will be looking for thickener.it is due to the advent of transportation and civilization that you now have access to other things like meat and pepper to support your food,

Your red mud soil does not support arable and livestock farming and thats why your ancestors eat human flesh and some even still eat it up till now. Yam looking skinny like disease, you couldn't feed your people during the civil war because you can't grow your own food, you are just Marauders going everywhere claiming what is not yours, we know better.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gangster1ms: 10:37pm On Apr 01
benebaby77:
Egushi soup is not Igbo soup...

I think South South owns White Soup Ofe Nsala

Ooops, you didn't include Ogbono. Almost everyone enjoys Ogbono soup

PS: Egusi soup is a native to Yoruba people.
Ofe nsala is different from Afia Efere that belongs to South south (Akwa ibom)

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:37pm On Apr 01
Dsimmer:

Oha looks shitty than ewedu. Take that from me. See beautiful ewedu below.

SO U KNOW YOUR SOUP IS EWEDU STILL DEY ARGUE?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by vannessa7(f): 10:39pm On Apr 01
Gangster1ms:
I knew they would argue egusi... in the future they will claim ofe nsala and ofe akwu, the first step is renaming the soups to white soup and banga soup respectively.
Beware my igbo brethren and stop showcasing our delicacies around them.

We don't need it, God forbid, who needs wrinkles and premature aging, shior

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 10:39pm On Apr 01
vannessa7:

I have been to your land and one open secret is that your land does not support good food cultivation, that's why you pick all sorts of brick a brick to make your over hyped soups, and you will be looking for thickener.it is due to the advent of transportation and civilization that you now have access to other things like meat and pepper to support your food,

Your red mud soil does not support arable and livestock farming and thats why your ancestors eat human flesh and some even still eat it up till now. Yam looking skinny like disease, you couldn't feed your people during the civil war because you can't grow your own food, you are just Marauders going everywhere claiming what is not yours, we know better.

U HAVE NEVER LEFT SW REGION IN YOUR LIFE.

IGBO SOIL THAT HOLDS WATER, VERY MOIST UNDER.

IGBO PEOPLE HERE GO DEY LAUGH YOU.

IF IGBO THAT LIVE IN RAIN FOREST CANNOT GROW CROP, IT IS THE ARID AND DESERT NORTH THAT IS BETTER.

U DONT SEE NIGERIA IS UPSIDE DOWN?
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Pauliaette(m): 10:40pm On Apr 01
Igbo soup no Mek sense at all...😂😂😂
Bole is my favourite, bole Mek sense wella.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Konquest: 10:41pm On Apr 01
Bulldozer90:
it's a lie!
They are not "just"
Ewedu and Gbegiri are the two most popular Yoruba soups.
It's obvious that you are beginning to engage in some kind of TROLLING here and NOT paying attention to little details and I will have to END any form of conversation with you here and now.

But desist from saying that only Gbegiri and Ewedu are the two most popular Yoruba soups when there are others. Eastern parts of Yorubaland such as Ekiti, Ijesa, Ondo, etc, don't eat Gbegiri and Ewedu when in their native locality because they have their own regional foods and soups.

The Oyos created Ewedu and Gbegiri soups as regional soups and I clearly stated that over 20 types of soups exist in all regions of Yorubaland from Nigeria to Benin Republic and Togo. Where is the lie there?

You are busy twisting the entire Yoruba culinary history upside down to suit your idea of an Ibo supremacy over some common soups that even the Efiks and Ibibios here on NL threads said years back belonged to them and the Ibos copied those soups. This is the reason why the style of dressing, foods and soups that the Efiks and Ibibios eat are also eaten by the Ohafias, Aros, and other so-called Cross River Ibo clans. Nothing bad in that.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Gustavowhite(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01
Dsimmer:

Oha looks shitty than ewedu. Take that from me. See beautiful ewedu below.
Hahahaha

Green algae stew and tomatoe stew
I had a friend who used the same stew for rice,ewedu,gbegiri etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Hardship: 5 Cheap Soups You Can Cook With N1000 In Nigeria / See This Fire Wood Cooking Stove Invented By A Nigerian / Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.