Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) (36030 Views)

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Truthshotcrazy: 4:07pm On Apr 01
cool
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by ayjay45: 4:09pm On Apr 01
Blackfire:
Poor people

grin
abi na cheesy grin grin grin I was thinking the same thing myself
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Almaiga: 4:22pm On Apr 01
StraightGaay:
It is expected that you do it yourself since you cultivate it, and how is this news?

See bad belle people grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by abba190: 4:26pm On Apr 01
maureensylvia:

There’s dignity in labor
But you eat rice right?!
Ma, pls can you help me with a job or financial assistence? things are hard i will really appreciate if u will help me.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by StraightGaay: 4:40pm On Apr 01
UrgentNeeds:

I'll give you an app to install on your phone. You'll find a lot of your type needing your services on it.
How come you know about it than I do, u must be one of us, just DM me.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Almaiga: 4:42pm On Apr 01
MasterTeeUSA:
My Mom raises chicken too...she is over 70yrs old. She said when people were complaining that chicken was N15k...she just killed two and cooked. She lives alone, and she is as hardworking as any young person. She even planted cassava in the backyard, and harvested it to make both garri and pap. The problem with initiative is...some people have it, some don't. The only thing some people are great at...is complaining and blaming everyone else. Your solution is AROUND you. Mind you, my Mom does not need to do all these...I don't even want her to do all these, but if i give her funds, she would rather bless others. I also do my best to help those that can't help themselves like orphans. It is a new week...make up your mind to change your own life. The Govt would not do it for you.

Your mom is a great Woman

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 4:46pm On Apr 01
twinskenny:

Can I buy from you

I sold 90% of my Rice unprocessed to Rice mills. I made more money from such sales. Presently, a 100kg bag of unprocessed Rice is about 80k in Kaduna State.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 4:52pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

What about destoning and polishing

The machines are available everywhere in the North. After the peeling, we take the Rice to a destoning machine. The polish is not needed since it's for my home consumption.

If I want to package this rice for sale, I will use small groundnut oil to mix it. Afterwhich it will be sunned. You will mistake the Rice for foreign Rice. I will just package in foreign Rice bags (foreign Rice bags are sold in local markets here in the North) and sell as foreign Rice. Unfortunately, I don't do that. I only process my Rice for my family consumption

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 4:53pm On Apr 01
UrgentNeeds:

Way To Go!

I Don't Buy Garri Too....
I Don't Buy Chicken Feeds Too

I Process My Cassava Into Garri.
I Process My Cassava Peels into Chicken Feeds.

Nice one. I commend your efforts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by WarriAproko: 4:54pm On Apr 01
We're can I buy this unprocessed rice cheaper
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01
Judolisco:
we have chicken, goat and turkey but we still buy beef for market.... We dey pity dem.

Lol
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 4:56pm On Apr 01
mariahAngel:

Seeing the work that goes into producing the foods we eat, one cannot but respect farmers more and appreciate every single farm produce.

I mean, WOAH! I'm impressed.

Also, there's no need for one to "mistake it as foreign rice", it is good enough as it is, as long as there are no stones in it.
Plus, unpolished rice is more nutritious.

Nlfpmod come and see something o!

You are right. Farming is not actually easy. But it's a thing of joy to see what you cultivate yield good harvest.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 4:57pm On Apr 01
commoditiesnig:
Impressive! Kudos man!

Thanks
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 4:58pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

Is she still doing all that in London?
Why did she stop if she did
I don't think so

She teaches Yoruba language and culture to the kids she babysits

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01
sonofthunder:

I'll like to do this also.... The livestock for family consumption God helping me

It's very nice
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 5:00pm On Apr 01
Willed042:

If it was sustainable she would not have relocated abroad or what do u think?

It wasn't about that

All her kids stay abroad, it became so lonely.

She moved since 2002

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:02pm On Apr 01
Ashirioluwa:

You’re partially right, the fear of the Fulani boys or kidnappers is another reason.

Most people who started commercial farming few years ago abandoned this great dream because of the above reason.

You are right about this. If Government can solve the insecurity we are facing now, alot of people will leave their jobs and go into Farming.

Farming these days is very lucrative. So many common people have become millionaires from farming these days. So many farmers have built beautiful houses, and bought several properties .from proceeds of farming.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:05pm On Apr 01
youngsum:
farming is for rich people nowadays or you must have a capital

Not true. So many common people are farming. But they make money after hatvest
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:07pm On Apr 01
youngsum:
farming is for rich people nowadays or you must have a capital

Not true. So many common people are farming. But they make money after harvest
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by descarado: 5:09pm On Apr 01
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Eating processed food?
.even with the processed food, average lifespan there is 81yrs.
What's the average lifespan again in your place.

Have never seen people as jealous as us.
Tor.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:12pm On Apr 01
lilyheaven:
Yes, but you will have to water it Day in and out, because rice needs a swampy area to strive.

No. There are two major species of Rice. The one for swampy land and the one for upland. In the North, we farm Rice both in the raining and dry season.

Here is a video of dry season irrigation Rice Farming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5scjDK5YIco

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by descarado: 5:13pm On Apr 01
Almaiga:

Your mom is a great Woman

Maybe, you have never been to the villages.
Chicken, goat, sheep and subsistence farming is a must. What they eat, they cultivate. Just few things they buy from the market.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:15pm On Apr 01
HydraFeeds:
Which area are you located and can it be done for commercial purpose?

My farms are in Kaduna and I farm for commercial purpose
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:17pm On Apr 01
seunayantokun:
Yeah Agriculture is the real deal, but fulani herdsmen terrorists and their fulanisation agenda executors must be stopped first. Security first and all the way to the end.

You are right. But we wey be farmers must farm at all cost. We might not fa as much as we want, but we will surely farm
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:23pm On Apr 01
TrustNone:
I've seen all those peels there.
Abeg na me go get time unpeel those rice?
Where I go get that kind time

The stress is nothing compared to the gains. Apart from the millions I make from rice farming, for my house rice na common food. We drink Rice pap, we eat Rice swallow, rice and beans, rice and stew. Even beans I no dey buy for my house.

As rice is the most expensive food in Nigeria, the same rice is the most common food in my house

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by jenniferedet00(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01
You have the treasure most people seek.
Rice is now gold.

They say farming is for the poor and illiterates, they don't know that most farmers are far richer than most average salary earners.

If there's sufficient food at home, whether there's money in your pocket or not, people won't know.

Check my signature to participate in SMM training.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:31pm On Apr 01
WarriAproko:
We're can I buy this unprocessed rice cheaper

Kebbi
Kaduna
Bida
Mokwa
Kano
Jigawa
Nasaraw
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:34pm On Apr 01
twinskenny:

Can I buy from you

I sell mine to rice mill companies. But if you are buying on large quantity, I can help you source for it
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by PHAYOL81: 5:34pm On Apr 01
Good sensitization. Lucky you.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by samomoli: 5:35pm On Apr 01
Farming is not as easy as you think. Firstly, is not everybody that will go into farming. It's not everybody that has land. The solution is simple
Government should be sincere with the money they pump into agriculture, provide mechanized farming equipments at subsidized
prices. Finally fight insecurity that are threatening local farmers. My question now is
How many percentage of people in western countries are farmers. How about countries without arable land. How come they are not dying of hunger. Don't allow our good for nothing leaders decieve you about everybody must go back to farming stuff

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Johnjustice: 5:43pm On Apr 01
Back to the land, if even just 10% of our population go into farming, we will have food surplus.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by cococandy(f): 5:45pm On Apr 01
I love it.

Farming and gardening are truly privileges and one we need to appreciate if we have the land and resources to do it.
Richtaiwo:
Necessity is the mother of invention. Back to land. Even highly industrialised countries are seriously engaged in commercial farming, but here in Nigeria, anyone that has managed to complete secondary school sees himself too big and educated to farm but be screaming no job, high cost of food yen yen yen. Proudly a farmer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Python Killed In My Area, Turned To Meat / Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! / Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.