Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) (36032 Views)

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by cococandy(f): 5:45pm On Apr 01
Johnjustice:
Back to the land, if even just 10% of our population go into farming, we will have food surplus.

I agree

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Sweetvie: 5:46pm On Apr 01
This is impressive
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by seunayantokun(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

You are right. But we wey be farmers must farm at all cost. We might not fa as much as we want, but we will surely farm
Then protect yourself sophisticatedly enough to counter possible attackers. Good luck.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by HydraFeeds(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

My farms are in Kaduna and I farm for commercial purpose

Great ,I've been to Kaduna once and it's a nice place in the urban area but the news we hear from the suburbs are quite discouraging but since you're on ground ,if you don't mind little partnership,can I email you ?
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by joseph4sales: 5:56pm On Apr 01
Carlylepneuma:
This is not new to us coming from the northern part of the country which are predominantly farmers, if not for the insurgence around us we wouldn't be talking about hunger and food inflation...
i totally agree
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:08pm On Apr 01
descarado:
.even with the processed food, average lifespan there is 81yrs.
What's the average lifespan again in your place.

Have never seen people as jealous as us.
Tor.

You got it all twisted because your mind is full of Sh!t.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Johnjustice: 6:08pm On Apr 01
cococandy:

I agree
Am passionate about plants and nature.

I like to meet people of same interests...you live in Lagos?
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by WarriAproko: 6:10pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

Kebbi
Kaduna
Bida
Mokwa
Kano
Jigawa
Nasaraw
price for 100kg
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by sunsweet33: 6:12pm On Apr 01
You just processed all the nutrients out of it! Ha! 😯
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by sunsweet33: 6:32pm On Apr 01
jiz:
Good one, I know some people will not appreciate this. This can be automated for mass processing

That’s actually the issue, not that people are Too lazy to farm.

Outdated and time-consuming methods and lack of infrastructure that prevents products from being stored, transported and utilised efficiently.

So much produce is wasted where other countries at least try to preserve by drying or curing if they can’t store any longer.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by mariahAngel(f): 6:33pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

You are right. Farming is not actually easy. But it's a thing of joy to see what you cultivate yield good harvest.

As children, I remember us shouting for joy when we woke up to see that the beans we planted have sprouted. 😀
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 6:39pm On Apr 01
mariahAngel:

As children, I remember us shouting for joy when we woke up to see that the beans we planted have sprouted. 😀

Yes, it's a thing of joy even in farming. When you see what you planted grow nicely. Then you end up harvesting. It's usually a beautiful sight. especially when the farm looks green.

I usually take pictures of my farm when it is green. I love the sight.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kukutente23: 6:41pm On Apr 01
illicit:

I don't think so

She teaches Yoruba language and culture to the kids she babysits
That shows you that rearing chickens and farming cassava after a hard says work is not something you brag with
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kukutente23: 6:43pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

The machines are available everywhere in the North. After the peeling, we take the Rice to a destoning machine. The polish is not needed since it's for my home consumption.

If I want to package this rice for sale, I will use small groundnut oil to mix it. Afterwhich it will be sunned. You will mistake the Rice for foreign Rice. I will just package in foreign Rice bags (foreign Rice bags are sold in local markets here in the North) and sell as foreign Rice. Unfortunately, I don't do that. I only process my Rice for my family consumption
Most of the de-stoning machines hardly do a good job except you get the industrial de-stoning machines from big mills.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 6:46pm On Apr 01
WarriAproko:
price for 100kg

80k as at today in Kaduna
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

That shows you that rearing chickens and farming cassava after a hard says work is not something you brag with
Who farms cassava?

Who's bragging?

Subsistence farming is stupid?
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 6:47pm On Apr 01
HydraFeeds:

Great ,I've been to Kaduna once and it's a nice place in the urban area but the news we hear from the suburbs are quite discouraging but since you're on ground ,if you don't mind little partnership,can I email you ?

Na the same Kaduna I dey make money via farming.
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 6:48pm On Apr 01
seunayantokun:

Then protect yourself sophisticatedly enough to counter possible attackers. Good luck.

Thanks Bro
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kukutente23: 6:49pm On Apr 01
MasterTeeUSA:
US has stringent regulations that forbid all these stuff...now if you ask me how many Nigerians drive Uber or even Americans generally or even go grocery shopping for others...its a lot. Every country is Unique, but your solutions are around you. During pandemic, I saw that warehouse needed people...I signed up even though I have my regular work...4yrs plus, I still do that as a side gig. You can make excuses or change the narrative, the choice is YOURS. In the US or Nigeria, Politicians do not give a shit about you personally...they look at the world from a general point of view.

What you're describing is side hustle. Inability to afford basic commodities and having to work extra hours to afford them is hardly something to brag about.
Let us look at rice that the op is talking about. It takes 3 months at the very least to plant and grow rice successfully after which you have harvest, then tresh before you now remove the husk and then de-stone before you polish. Does all that activity sound like something an individual can do as a side hustle?
Ask the Op how much NPK is sold and the special herbicide used for rice of different varieties. That's not too mention watching out for ammonia formulation.
All what I'm pointing out is that it is not a productive thing when someone who works normal hours can't afford basic commodities and has to go into more strenuous activities to make ends meet
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kukutente23: 6:52pm On Apr 01
illicit:

Who farms cassava?

Who's bragging?

Subsistence farming is stupid?

Subsistence farming is not stupid but it's not something to be encouraged as a solution to food insecurity.
Funny enough, OBJ tried it in the 70s with OFN and we know how it ended.
I don't know what job your aunt was doing in Nigeria but the time and effort it takes to rear chicken never mind farm cassava is not something you can do as side hustle except you're looking for losses
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

Subsistence farming is not stupid but it's not something to be encouraged as a solution to food insecurity.
Funny enough, OBJ tried it in the 70s with OFN and we know how it ended.
I don't know what job your aunt was doing in Nigeria but the time and effort it takes to rear chicken never mind farm cassava is not something you can do as side hustle except you're looking for losses

We are talking about someone that owned a rice mill

Sponsored all her kids to uni and abroad from the proceeds of the mill

Went to join them in 2002

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Mom007(f): 7:08pm On Apr 01
youngsum:
farming is for rich people nowadays or you must have a capital
Keep making excuses for your laziness... undecided
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kdon2: 7:09pm On Apr 01
Richtaiwo:
Necessity is the mother of invention. Back to land. Even highly industrialised countries are seriously engaged in commercial farming, but here in Nigeria, anyone that has managed to complete secondary school sees himself too big and educated to farm but be screaming no job, high cost of food yen yen yen. Proudly a farmer.

Farms are not safe in Nigeria. Nigerians want to farm
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by UrgentNeeds(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

Nice one. I commend your efforts

Thanks King
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Sucolee(m): 7:17pm On Apr 01
Clap 4 urself...u made it

1 Like

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 7:17pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

Most of the de-stoning machines hardly do a good job except you get the industrial de-stoning machines from big mills.

My processed Rice is stone free. The destoning machine did a great job

Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kukutente23: 7:18pm On Apr 01
LocalFARMERS:

My processed Rice is stone free. The destoning machine did a great job
Yeah
Na for eyes dem dey take know am
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 7:19pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

Yeah
Na for eyes dem dey take know am

Why you dey follow me dey argue,abi you follow me chop the rice?
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Kukutente23: 7:20pm On Apr 01
illicit:

We are talking about someone that owned a rice mill

Sponsored all her kids to uni and abroad from the proceeds of the mill

Went to join them in 2002
Someone that owned a rice Mill in 2002 was rearing chickens and farming cassava?
Do you mean she owned a poultry and a cassava farm or she actually farmed by herself?
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by illicit(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:

Someone that owned a rice Mill in 2002 was rearing chickens and farming cassava?
Do you mean she owned a poultry and a cassava farm or she actually farmed by herself?

Where did u get cassava from tho?

Maybe u shd read my posts again for better understanding...

She had a lot of free range chicken

Goats too in a separate compound...
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by Almaiga: 7:29pm On Apr 01
descarado:

Maybe, you have never been to the villages.
Chicken, goat, sheep and subsistence farming is a must. What they eat, they cultivate. Just few things they buy from the market.

Hmmm
Re: I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) by MasterTeeUSA: 7:29pm On Apr 01
You are missing the point. Your side hustle does not need to be rice. You are on NairaLand...Do you know what you can achieve on here alone or with your phone? My point is...you can sit and complain or have initiatives that can impact your life. I know a friend...all she does is post clothes for other people using the same data that will be wasted by others. If the dress is N5000, she can list it for N6,000 and when bought, she will pick up and ship to Lagos or Abuja as the case may be. She makes a good income on that in addition to her salary...when it was time to buy a car, she did it by herself...and supports the husband by buying provisions for the kids and all. They just moved into their own house. Husband too sells land on the side...his trustworthiness has allowed him to pocket hundreds of thousands of Naira in agency fees. Same country...different mindsets.

Kukutente23:

What you're describing is side hustle. Inability to afford basic commodities and having to work extra hours to afford them is hardly something to brag about.
Let us look at rice that the op is talking about. It takes 3 months at the very least to plant and grow rice successfully after which you have harvest, then tresh before you now remove the husk and then de-stone before you polish. Does all that activity sound like something an individual can do as a side hustle?
Ask the Op how much NPK is sold and the special herbicide used for rice of different varieties. That's not too mention watching out for ammonia formulation.
All what I'm pointing out is that it is not a productive thing when someone who works normal hours can't afford basic commodities and has to go into more strenuous activities to make ends meet

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Python Killed In My Area, Turned To Meat / Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! / Man Kills Monkey Ahead Of Christmas Tomorrow, Gets Blasted Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.