Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business (55541 Views)

Yam Business? Things You Should Know / Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business / I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:51pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

Thank you, Uyai.

Point taken. But I find it very weird though. Splurging on women for vanities but not doing same for financial liberation.

Men are weird. Later they'd be bashing materialistic women. angry

Yes, very weird. I even made a real life scenario here.
UyaiIncomparabl:

I agree with you.

Reminds me of my pablo boyfriend that year. Dude was chivalrous and stupendously generous with his funds, but will never aid you in a way that would financially liberate you. Everytime, he would ask "My Uyai, do you want hair? Say it. How much is it? Can 500k buy it? But, tell this same guy to give you money to purchase something that is progressive, for example, a laptop to help you study or a professional certification to promote you at work, NEVER. Well, I learned to make every request about HAIR and CLOTHES since that was how it could work. Kilo kan boss. grin

I would always wonder what sort of human he was. And they will come out tomorrow to bash materialistic women when they advertently aid/aided the materialism. Everyone is a hypocrite after all.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Kukutente23: 10:54pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

It is futile going back and forth with you.

I agree with you. I'm a parasite indeed. A wonderful one at that.

Thank you.

Kindly accept the assurance of my warmest regards.
The problem with you is that you justify the frivolous nature of the boyfriend on the ground of it being personal choice while you condemn the girl who has used her brain.
That's a sign of parasitism. A tendency to embrace ostentatious spending just cause it's free

Beyond the aesthetics, a lady who is well taken care of and provided for by her boyfriend will not take to fried yams as a business.

Lemme ask. Can you do the business of frying yams? The answer shows your parasitic mindset
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by folake4u(f): 10:56pm On Apr 03
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes, very weird. I even made a real life scenario here.

Oh wow.

Never knew you'd experienced this before.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you break things off with him? Did he take it lightly?
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Kukutente23: 10:56pm On Apr 03
UyaiIncomparabl:

Darling,

It does not work that way. Not every supposedly generous guy is generous in the whole sense of it. Some men are very ready to sponsor your vanities but will never fund a dime to set you on the foot of financial liberation. I mean, these sort of men will rather buy you hairs worth millions than fund your potentials that can make you soar. As a girl who wants something different for yourself, what must you do if you meet such man? Must you not ask and misappropriate the funds for your own good?

Sometimes, misappropriation of funds in this context is not a bad choice. Unless there is a pattern, then it should be looked into. Until then, all I can see is a woman is very entrepreuneurial and ready to financially liberate herself.
God bless you
I have always known you to be sensible

Is is encouraging to see that you've not changed

May you live long to cook for your husband and children
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:07pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

Oh wow.

Never knew you'd experienced this before.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you break things off with him? Did he take it lightly?

He wanted me to get pregnant for him and I said NO. He went ballistic and called me a swine. Lol. No wahala. Oga, if you must want the milk, come pay for the cow that pumps the milk, simple.

Plus, he lived a fast life and I did not want to be part of it. Had a lot of disgusting vices I could not condone too. I complained so much he nicknamed me "nag". I tried all I could to make him a homebody like me, but his choices were baddies which he tried all he could to make me be (which isn't bad), but I was uninterested. Two contrasting humans. We just stopped communicating but he is still generous surprisingly. grin
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by folake4u(f): 11:12pm On Apr 03
UyaiIncomparabl:

He wanted me to get pregnant for him, I said NO. He went ballistic and called me a swine. Lol. No wahala. Oga, if you must want the milk, come pay for the cow that pumps the milk, simple.

Plus, he lived a fast life and I did not want to be part of it. Had a lot of disgusting vices I could not condone too. I complained so much he nicknamed me "nag". I tried all I could to make him a homebody like me, but his choices were baddies which he tried all he could to make me be (which isn't bad), but I was uninterested. Two contrasting humans. We just stopped communicating but he is still generous surprisingly. grin

Oh wow. I really detest men that always push for pregnancy out of wedlock. Just like kuku do the right thing and put a ring on it.

Lol. To be baddie nor bad oh, at least there's God fearing Baddie. grin

You tried sha. I haven't met these set of men that'd want to date me and I pray they keep avoiding my path.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:17pm On Apr 03
Kukutente23:

God bless you
I have always known you to be sensible

Is is encouraging to see that you've not changed

May you live long to cook for your husband and children

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:19pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

Oh wow. I really detest men that always push for pregnancy out of wedlock. Just like kuku do the right thing and put a ring on it.

Lol. To be baddie nor bad oh, at least there's God fearing Baddie. grin

You tried sha. I haven't met these set of men that'd want to date me and I pray they keep avoiding my path.

You are in Lagos. Do not worry. You will meet them in all shades of black and white. grin
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by enemyofprogress: 11:29pm On Apr 03
ajepako:

Virus ko

Fungi ni

Werey lbadan
na becurse you no dey read your Bible
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by 1Sharon(f): 12:41am On Apr 04
adonuj:
Who dey give dis 1 250k for hair?
Believe social media to your peril

My thoughts too. She doesn't look like that kind of girl.

I mean, she isn't ugly but she isn't outstanding either.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Dotman2210(m): 1:04am On Apr 04
Correct babe, she no be like those ones wey go use the money buy wig ontop their empty head
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Thegamingorca(m): 5:39am On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

He wanted me to get pregnant for him and I said NO. He went ballistic and called me a swine. Lol. No wahala. Oga, if you must want the milk, come pay for the cow that pumps the milk, simple.

grin

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by folake4u(f): 6:06am On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

You are in Lagos. Do not worry. You will meet them in all shades of black and white. grin

Sorry. I slept off.

Hian, God abeg oh.🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by dreamxhaser: 7:22am On Apr 04
folake4u:

Even in this harsh economic realities, people are still balling hard. Your reality is not theirs.

If he gives her a 250k worth of hair, that is fine. Adding a 700k phone or expensive shoes will be done at his own discretion. If he also decides to buy her a car, that is also good and fine.

For me, it's the man's thought that matters. He wanted her to look good for him.

Nigerians and classism. Lol. What is wrong in entering public bus? It is just a means of transportation. What if he doesn't buy her a car but instead she uses Uber to and fro.

It is people like you who associate owning a car with riches.

She needs to pressure him to open a boutique for her? Okay oh. Later you people will say you don't like pressure from women.

Tell them ,please

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

And if her parents do not have the wherewithal or she cannot attend school for one or two reasons? Have you thought about that? You should have at least commended her for being entrepreneurial instead of splurging like her other baddies would have done. Leave dissecting too much sometimes.

If her parents do not have the wherewithal? It still doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is a strange place; perhaps the only country in the world where boyfriends spend more than many biological parents.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:07am On Apr 04
1Sharon:

My thoughts too. She doesn't look like that kind of girl.

I mean, she isn't ugly but she isn't outstanding either.

What kind of girls do they give 250k for hair? Most of the girls these guys splurge on to buy hair and the other whatnots don't even look facially better than her. I don't think a girl has to be facially outstanding for a dude to splurge on her or I just may be mistaken. If you had mentioned "sophisticated", then maybe. I mean, anyone can be dressed or painted up to look sophisticated, even an almajiri girl. Does not make her less outstanding than her fellow slayqueens who could be painted up to look better.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:14am On Apr 04
Acidosis:

If her parents do not have the wherewithal? It still doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is a strange place; perhaps the only country in the world where boyfriends spend more than many biological parents.

Last time I checked, I do not remember where these boyfriends complained for outspending. Who even kept count of the investments between the boyfriend and her parents? Assumptions. Because she innocently misappropriated funds that should have been spent on a vanity, it turned into a scenario for you to bash her parents and by counter effect, every other person's parents. undecided
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Acidosis(m): 8:22am On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

Last time I checked, I do not remember where these boyfriends complained for outspending. Who even kept count of the investments between the boyfriend and her parents? Assumptions. Because she innocently misappropriated funds that should have been spent on a vanity, it turned into a scenario for you to bash her parents and by counter effect, every other person's parents. undecided

My position is not based on what she did or what she failed to do with the money. To be honest, it's not my business.

I don't have to bash her parents or single out any parent to know that the rising rate of boyfriend spending in Nigeria is a direct result of the growing poverty in many families and the hopelessness in the country.

If you can't see the correlation, then we shouldn't be debating this.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:46am On Apr 04
Acidosis:

My position is not based on what she did or what she failed to do with the money. To be honest, it's not my business.

I don't have to bash her parents or single out any parent to know that the rising rate of boyfriend spending in Nigeria is a direct result of the growing poverty in many families and the hopelessness in the country.

If you can't see the correlation, then we shouldn't be debating this.

Leave dissecting issues like a lawyer. Yes, I agree with you about the growing rate of poverty in the country and it is worrisome, but then, it is what it is.
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by crackhaus: 10:13am On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

I agree with you.

Reminds me of my pablo boyfriend that year. Dude was chivalrous and stupendously generous with his funds, but will never aid you in a way that would financially liberate you. Everytime, he would ask "My Uyai, do you want hair? Say it. How much is it? Can 500k buy it? But, tell this same guy to give you money to purchase something that is progressive, for example, a laptop to help you study or a professional certification to promote you at work, NEVER. Well, I learned to make every request about HAIR and CLOTHES since that was how it could work. Kilo kan boss. grin

I would always wonder what sort of human he was. And they will come out tomorrow to bash materialistic women when they advertently aid/aided the materialism. Everyone is a hypocrite after all.
Na you fess go dey date "Pablo" na.

If it's not that kind of life you were looking, wetin carry u there? πŸ™„
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:28am On Apr 04
crackhaus:

Na you fess go dey date "Pablo" na.

If it's not that kind of life you were looking, wetin carry u there? πŸ™„

Chuchuchu. πŸ˜’
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Raalsalghul: 10:29am On Apr 04
Regex:

The innate desire of man to mate makes him do stupid things. Who am I say to otherwise, after all, we are all animals in the scheme of things.

Wise words nwannem!
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Raalsalghul: 10:36am On Apr 04
Acidosis:

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Acidosis(m): 10:43am On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

Leave dissecting issues like a lawyer. Yes, I agree with you about the growing rate of poverty in the country and it is worrisome, but then, it is what it is.

When you attack me like this, I know say you don miss me. tongue
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Acidosis(m): 10:44am On Apr 04
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:53am On Apr 04
Acidosis:

When you attack me like this, I know say you don miss me. tongue

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by crackhaus: 12:09pm On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

Chuchuchu. πŸ˜’
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by 1Sharon(f): 12:29pm On Apr 04
UyaiIncomparabl:

What kind of girls do they give 250k for hair? Most of the girls these guys splurge on to buy hair and the other whatnots don't even look facially better than her. I don't think a girl has to be facially outstanding for a dude to splurge on her or I just may be mistaken. If you had mentioned "sophisticated", then maybe. I mean, anyone can be dressed or painted up to look sophisticated, even an almajiri girl. Does not make her less outstanding than her fellow slayqueens who could be painted up to look better.

You know the kind of features Nigerian men go gaga over, light skin, big behind, big front, clear skin.

Then again, if she has a BF that can give her that amount of money just for hair, why venture into this? Then look at that environment, nothing about her screams my "BF gives me 250 k for hair"
Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by seguno2: 11:14am On Apr 07
Jewessgratitud3:
This is how you know a well brought up lady.
Kudos to her.

Silentgroper.. wife material 100 yards available.

Did you ask yourself why the guy will give as much as 250k for hair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business by Rubyjade: 10:16am On Apr 10
undecided
Zackattack:

Value someone that you gave 250k? Who should be valuing who?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) / GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.