Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him (43463 Views)

Woman Divorces Her Husband, Forces Daughter To Go With Her (Photos) / Mother Snatches Her Daughter's Husband, Then Gives Birth For Him In London / Woman Divorces Her Husband Over Too Much Sex In Adamawa, Husband Appeals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by ablogroup: 9:21pm On Apr 03
Most of y'all are oblivious to the benefits this woman is entitled to as his care giver/guardian. Dey play.

2 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by folake4u(f): 9:22pm On Apr 03
IrawoKross:
God!!! cry

You sent your angel in a human form to that young man....

It will be nearly impossible to see one Nigerian lady do this.

God bless her for this.

Lol.

This is highly unnecessary of you to shade Nigerian women because nor be today this kind thing dey happen.

Lots of Nigerian women still stick to their sick husbands, even close to their death bed. They literally took the vow "In sickness and health" to another new level when they stay by their side.

Joke Silva has been standing with her sick husband (who has dementia) for years. Pray, tell me, is she a Kenyan woman?

Finally, you deserve the love you think you deserve.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by correctguy101(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03
A disconnect.

Just like without your memories, you're hardly the same person, hardly.

The wonders and miracles of life are numerous...
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 9:24pm On Apr 03
Scratching my head

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by dkidd: 9:24pm On Apr 03
She try sha... So the times she dey gbensh the guy inside room the fomer husband go dey hear screaming.. chai. Him go nearly snap out from coma as him ex wife dey cum embarassed

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Intrepid01(m): 9:24pm On Apr 03
Hambivert:
I don't know how to react to this story, it has a sparogative paradoxical feel. It's wrongly the right decision she made.
When the going gets tough, the though gets going.

Bro, it is complicated. But in the end, we should know that women will always think of themselves first, wait, even men too. Human are wired to be selfish
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Goodlady(f): 9:24pm On Apr 03
callmevirus:
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
It's a smart biz
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by CrossRhodes: 9:25pm On Apr 03
Madam, your sister should come and adopt tinubu...

Another brain dead disaster plaguing this country.....

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by IrawoKross: 9:26pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

Lol.

This is highly unnecessary of you to shade Nigerian women because nor be today this kind thing dey happen.

Lots of Nigerian women still stick to their sick husbands, even close to their death bed. They literally took the vow "In sickness and health" to another new level when they stay by their side.

Joke Silva has been standing with her sick husband (who has dementia) for years. Pray, tell me, is she a Kenyan woman?

Finally, you deserve the love you think you deserve.
Please, is it that you wannabe Nairaland feminist derive joy making an issue out of nothing?

As a graduate of law, you ought to be brilliant to know when someone used the word "Nearly Impossible"

Someone used "Totally Impossible" but me wen use "Nearly Impossible" you guys are already in my mention with placards of unsolicited sermons.

Don't try to make a big deal out of my comment.

No hard feelings.

2 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Moniya4Real(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03
Lol, you spoke my mind . For where you wan see a Nigerian girl do this. na how to go on vacation and to buy brazilian hair dey occupy their minds. They would have left the brain-dead guy unannounced. I doubt if an African american would do same as well? they share a trait of our women down here.

IrawoKross:
God!!! cry

God bless her for this.
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Nonexisting1: 9:27pm On Apr 03
There is nothing angelic about this gender. She is only cashing out with the sick gentleman. I have a good friend in the US and I've heard stories from him about how people cash out in situations like this. They get returns in taxes and get several government benefit supports for caring for the sick whereas they sit idle at home doing little for the sick person. Nobody should praise the vaginarian, she did this for a selfish reason.

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by virginchaser(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03
IrawoKross:
God!!! cry

God bless her for this.

Some Nigerians are down to heart too. Please change your circle.

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Sanchez01: 9:29pm On Apr 03
Most people don’t know what is at play here and they think the lady is an angel. The divorce means she might get to hang on to some properties of the man or what they both have. The adoption means she gets tax cut/refund for being a ‘parent’ and taking care of an invalid. And another twist; she most likely is the beneficiary of his life insurance since they were married. And being brain dead, he certainly can’t think of removing her from his life insurance.

The lady is smart. She divorced him but kept him close. If he is being taken care of by his family, they could influence an updated life insurance policy/beneficiary.

She can still remarry while taking care of her ex husband and still get to be his life insurance beneficiary.

4 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by IrawoKross: 9:30pm On Apr 03
virginchaser:

Some Nigerians are down to heart too. Please change your circle.

k.
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03
Omooorrrr no Nigerian lady will do this. I repeat no Nigerian lady will do this out of love

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by maasoap(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03
IrawoKross:
God!!! cry

God bless her for this.

The secret of it all was that she was able to figure a way out of her predicament without abandoning her first husband.
She wanted kids and if she had decided to move on, everyone would understand because not many of us could really figure it out that there could be another way out like this. I probably couldn't, it is the first of its kind and I so much love the arrangement. Moving on without abandoning him. It is not easy giving up your life and dream at 21 for another person.
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Jewessgratitud3: 9:32pm On Apr 03
Smart woman. instead of comitting adultery Better to cut off ties and she still went ahead to do him a favor by adopting him to take care of him.
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by maasoap(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03
elpochas:
Sense no go kill the Woman.
I dey tell you. I don't know how she was able to come out with this. Ingenuity.

obinna58:
Is he her son now? Olosho in her no gree

I hope she helps him to still perform his manly duties
He's no longer her husband
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by bionixs: 9:37pm On Apr 03
Good woman
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by humilitypays(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03
IrawoKross:
God!!! cry

God bless her for this.
No Nigerian man or black will do what the second husband is doing either.

White people are closer to God than blacks, sadly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by AngelicBeing: 9:41pm On Apr 03
cool
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by folake4u(f): 9:43pm On Apr 03
IrawoKross:
Please, is it that you wannabe Nairaland feminist derive joy making an issue out of nothing?

As a graduate of law, you ought to be brilliant to know when someone used the word "Nearly Impossible"

Someone used "Totally Impossible" but me wen use "Nearly Impossible" you guys are already in my mention with placards of unsolicited sermons.

Don't try to make a big deal out of my comment.

No hard feelings.

Anytime a female user disagrees with y'all, the next thing is to label feminism. That format is really stale please. Be creative and get a new label. kiss

Oh well, I applaud the lady's selflessness but you shading Nigerian women doesn't make sense.

Since you want to play smart, you should know by now what "Nearly impossible" means and its synonym. Kindly find attached.

Don't also try to make a big deal out of it because your mother is also a Nigerian lady. You didn't think about this when you subtly shaded Nigerian women?

No hard feelings, bruh.

3 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by sonnie10: 9:43pm On Apr 03
wwwkaycom:
The woman is braindead herself
She is smart. Now she can be paid as a care giver for a disability dependent family member.
She would from taking care of the man she loves.

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by justking(m): 9:44pm On Apr 03
We still have good people in this life. People who respect the marriage vows
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by AngelicBeing: 9:44pm On Apr 03
Sanchez01:
Most people don’t know what is at play here and they think the lady is an angel. The divorce means she might get to hang on to some properties of the man or what they both have. The adoption means she gets tax cut/refund for being a ‘parent’ and taking care of an invalid. And another twist; she most likely is the beneficiary of his life insurance since they were married. And being brain dead, he certainly can’t think of removing her from his life insurance.

The lady is smart. She divorced him but kept him close. If he is being taken care of by his family, they could influence an updated life insurance policy/beneficiary.

She can still remarry while taking care of her ex husband and still get to be his life insurance beneficiary.
Gbamsulotey ,well said but apart from the insurance issue, the woman has a good heart 💜 and she deserves whatever life insurance benefits involved in the whole equation grin

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Jeon(f): 9:45pm On Apr 03
This is a heart touching story. I feel for the man 😔.

3 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Jeon(f): 9:47pm On Apr 03
humilitypays:
No Nigerian man or black will do what the second husband is doing either.

White people are closer to God than blacks, sadly
Remember the devil is black. And nothing good comes out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by AZControversial(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03
Administration1:
9ja girls left the chat

grin
With faster- than- light speed.....
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by IrawoKross: 9:50pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

Anytime a female user disagrees with y'all, the next thing is to label feminism. That format is really stale please. Be creative and get a new label. kiss

Oh well, I applaud the lady's selflessness but you shading Nigerian women doesn't make sense.

Since you want to play smart, you should know by now what "Nearly impossible" means and its synonym. Kindly find attached.

Don't also try to make a big deal out of it because your mother is also a Nigerian lady. You didn't think about this when you subtly shaded Nigerian women?

No hard feelings, bruh.
If your own mother does the opposite to your father at home, then I wish her all the best. kiss

By the way, it's really lovely I made you go online searching for meanings.

Love 😘

3 Likes

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by mipeesoft(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03
Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by folake4u(f): 9:56pm On Apr 03
IrawoKross:
If your own mother does the opposite to your father at home, then I wish her all the best. kiss

By the way, it's really lovely I made you go online searching for meanings.

Love 😘

You've run out of words to say and that's why you're deflecting. Pele, I totally understand.

You should also try using the online dictionary yourself instead of throwing words around.

Udo! kiss

1 Like

Re: Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him by Solofresh2: 9:57pm On Apr 03
Jewessgratitud3:
Smart woman. instead of comitting adultery Better to cut off ties and she still went ahead to do him a favor by adopting him to take care of him.

Lol na this kind news una like to dey read

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? / 3 Sisters Pregnant At The Same Time (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.