Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? (17631 Views)

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by mustwork: 9:17am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I'm glad my situation is making a positive change in you. Maybe the holy spirit led me to make this post

May that same spirit cause a change in you too

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by saasala(m): 9:24am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

How do I reawaken the zeal?

You are on the right pathway to eternal freedom.

Congratulations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 9:25am On Apr 07
saasala:

You are on the right pathway to eternal freedom.

Congratulations
Right path? undecided
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by beyondPen(m): 9:27am On Apr 07
You are not alone, the zeal in many of us is no longer there giving we were even born in church. Many nowadays go to church for something. It could be they want miracle (job, money, health) or for show.

Now you simply realize church cant give you what you really want in life as we were told but the actions we take in life.

Although we dont have anything against the church but the truth is we are in the post-religious era

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by deanoffaculty: 9:27am On Apr 07
Pat081:
Yes Pastor is just a name but some Pastors no matter how your dress looks like some one who just come from the village or someone who is working on building sites if they want to enter they will do everything to get between the ladies legs
Those are werey Pastors .....
😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Abimbola29(m): 9:27am On Apr 07
I used to be a church boy,right now it's almost 4 years now I stepped my feet in church,pls help o

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Savedday2: 9:27am On Apr 07
The truth is that, church is no longer church anymore.

Churches these days are just business organization. If you look closely you will understand.

I will advise, you go to church once a while as your spirit leads. Follow the words of the Bible not the words of the pastors.

Note: If you are an instrumentalist, usher, choir, church cleaner or any of those dedicated worker in church that they don't pay, just know that you are a free labourer in the vineyard of a business organization where the pastor or church executives are using your sweat to enjoy life while promising you that you are working for God.

Next time ask them to give you all the tithe and offering of a Sunday service and promise them that they are working for God and see if they will give it to you.

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by em2drelion456: 9:28am On Apr 07
Since you have lost interest abeg rest. Nobody dey force you enter church.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by saasala(m): 9:29am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Right path? undecided

Yes, right path.

The less time you spend in church, the freer you become, the more reasonable and pragmatic you become. Your overall outlook on life becomes excellent.

Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. Its the story of my life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by nedekid: 9:30am On Apr 07
Them de share monie for church?
Metcheew.
If I go church I must sleep, no matter how hard I try. That is only on occasions eg, persin invite me, birthday, burial, child dedication etc.
I don sleep so tay I almost fall for chair, guess where I siddon sef, front roll. Lol
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Tohmey(m): 9:33am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

Dsame things happening to me
Mine is : I find it very difficult to pray in the night and in the morning

I have been struggling to be praying buh noway
Dont know what to do ryt now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by michaelbills(m): 9:33am On Apr 07
Which bible verse backs this up? And how did you know they are saints? Going to church doesn't make you a Saint.

chiommy123:
I don't really understand maybe I am different cos I don't need any zeal. I just can not stay at home on Sunday morning no matter where I am. Maybe understanding that abstinence from the gathering of the saints is a sin maybe that can help

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 9:34am On Apr 07
nedekid:
Them de share monie for church?
Metcheew.
If I go church I must sleep, no matter how hard I try. That is only on occasions eg, persin invite me, birthday, burial, child dedication etc.
I don sleep so tay I almost fall for chair, guess where I siddon sef, front roll. Lol
LoL you need deliverance

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ufotty2001: 9:34am On Apr 07
Likewise me too. I don't always feel like going to church.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by KvngJaja: 9:35am On Apr 07
https:///addexdrop_bot?start=4fde97b87f4bee14d56726ea4d52b2a8
Get +70 point from this link and +3 points daily and convert it to dollars using your solana wallet. Don't sleep on this airdrop, it pays wink
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 9:36am On Apr 07
Tohmey:
Dsame things happening to me
Mine is : I find it very difficult to pray in the night and in the morning

I have been struggling to be praying buh noway
Dont know what to do ryt now
Sometimes I just encourage myself that since my mom is constantly going and praying for me then I should just relax and save myself some stress 😬

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by sunsweet33: 9:36am On Apr 07
I also fell away from attending church as I grew up but I’m not to upset about it. I prefer to listen to messages at home

I feel that I was more doing it because it was expected of me, not because it’s my interest. So this is Better.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Expanse2020(m): 9:38am On Apr 07
So the youngest pastors want to also milk in the left over of Nairalander😂😂🤣🤣
Thank God say that ur thing no de read meter OOO
Young pastors
Wahala ma ṣẹlẹ 🤣🤣😂😂
Any way it's too easy for you but you don't use your head nanii
Just subscribe to worship center from your phone and be worship your God through..
.since you want to privatized the commodity from the young pastors and retain the trade mark for the Nairalander only..😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Killermamba: 9:39am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

I have not been to church for some years now, I fellowship on line these days

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:40am On Apr 07
Na you want make devil use you sha for not going to church.....una no get decon or elders for church wey u go report the so called young pastor toasting you? Perhaps na marriage him dey come for?
Or you no get work or you no get enough church clothes wey make u lose interest.?
My dear salvation na per head...shame the devil and get up...arise and walk to church today!
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 9:40am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

Lolzzzzzzzz na there way o, you better run for your life ooooo

What are they even doing in the so called church self? Is that how Jesus Christ PBUH worshiped his God?

Dancing with another person's wife, toasting while dancing (worshiping), looking at another person's bumbum, steering at another person's wife boobs. Pasto.rs dating quiermaster e.t.c.....

I will advice you seek for true religion and stop wasting your time... God is all knowing....
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by tunjijones(m): 9:40am On Apr 07
chiommy123:
I don't really understand maybe I am different cos I don't need any zeal. I just can not stay at home on Sunday morning no matter where I am. Maybe understanding that abstinence from the gathering of the saints is a sin maybe that can help

So. Against who
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by LeyeWrites: 9:41am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

Join Cele.

Nobody will bother you.

In whatever you do, don't abandon the church. Once you do, you eventually abandon the Bible. And, when that happens you become susceptible to vices of darkness. You may even find yourself in the trench of sins you normally would not commit.

So, young one, change branch or change denomination.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Tonytonex(m): 9:42am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

how old are you please?

There's a reason why I asked.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by iramure(m): 9:42am On Apr 07
Congratulations my dear sister. You have taken the best decision. Simply enjoy your freedom from religious slavery.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:42am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

It's really unfortunate you had to endure such an experience with someone that is supposed to draw you closer to God.

I hope though it didn't affect your relationship with God because that's the most important thing. If it did, kindly make it a priority to rectify that, then attendance of church can follow suit if need be.

I suggest though you ask God to guide you concerning which church to attend, to avoid a repeat of such experience that compelled you to leave the other one.

God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by tunjijones(m): 9:44am On Apr 07
chiommy123:

Sin Against who
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by kunle75(m): 9:44am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

There's nothing wrong with you, either you go to the four wall of the building or not,your faith is your church.
I haven't been to church in a while,my life still gets better, infact my prayers life increases and gets better too.
It's has to do with your mind conditioning, who told you that church makes you a good Christian?

Don't beat yourself up for nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 9:44am On Apr 07
jesusjnr2020:
It's really unfortunate you had to endure such an experience with someone that is supposed to draw you closer to God.

I hope though it didn't affect your relationship with God because that's the most important thing. If it did, kindly make it a priority to rectify that, then attendance of church can follow suit if need be.

I suggest though you ask God to guide you concerning which church to attend, to avoid a repeat of such experience that compelled you to leave the other one.

God bless.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by mikywonder(m): 9:45am On Apr 07
Going to church to do what exactly??
I stopped going since 3 years ago

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Lovenorth: 9:48am On Apr 07
lekonso:

Hebrews 10:25
I didn't see where Jesus asked you to go to church there

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by saysoo: 9:50am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

You do not need the church for saluation. Talk to Jesus Christ everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / Bishop Seun Adeoye: Buhari’s Reelection Will Bring More Hardship / I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.