Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? (17766 Views)

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by beyondPen(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07
SoaringLife01:

It is not church that gives , it is God that gives us our heart requests.
Church is for fellowship.

Yes itis God that gives our heart request not church thats the reason many are not interested in church but on God directly
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 5:48pm On Apr 07
ahmedio2017:

Which of the Moses pbup laws that Muhammad s.a.w did not follow or obey , mention them
Oh they are many. Let me list some

1. You shall not take your son's wife

2. Keep the sabbath holy

3. You shall not covet thy neighbour's properties

4. You shall not commit adultery

5. You shall not lie with your slave as if she were your wife and if you do, you cannot divorce her
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by inforesource: 5:57pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

How do I reawaken the zeal?
I keep telling church goers to stop it and seek Jesus Christ and have an encounter with Him. This will be the sign of great falling away. I pity people who goes to Church and not encountered Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Find Him my dear. Find Him and find rest to your soul.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by drlateef: 6:02pm On Apr 07
Kukutenla:

What is inside the Qur'an that's not present in the bible
The Qur'an was copied from the bible!!

No, you are wrong. Bible is a story book. You just open Quran and read. Tell me later if you see it as story book.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Graficient: 6:54pm On Apr 07
No wonder Moses Bliss and the other young ministers are looking abroad for a wife. Una fit say una too good for them because them never blow. By the time that pastor blow this kind of rejection will make him look abroad
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by SeeItSayIt: 7:06pm On Apr 07
Going to church weekly or even daily doesn't really make more christian but the most important is your connection with God through His words.

Nevertheless, the moment you lost interest in gathering with saints, you must be bargaining a deal with the devil for the Bible says he (devil) is very clever.

If you're truly Christian, pray & study God's words more to reconnect by His mercy through the lead of His Holy Spirit.

SHALOM...
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by AmuDimpka: 7:09pm On Apr 07
Emday:
My sister, the first thing we need to note is that we don't go to church because of people. We go to church because of God.

And that leads us to ask: Do you love God? If yes, then serving God is non-negotiable. Worst case, you can change your branch or change the church entirely.

But for your own growth sake, going to church is very vital if you want to become all that God has prepared for you. In addition, not going to church means you're not really being fed by the Word of God. That's a dangerous position to be; because the devil can really take advantage of you.

You don't go to church cos of God... God is everywhere and he lives in us

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by johnsteve4uk: 7:10pm On Apr 07
Just follow your heart and ensure you do what give you peace of mind. Whatever you do that give you peace is Godly. Going to a place of worship does not make you a child but meditation and obedient to the word of God.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 7:16pm On Apr 07
drlateef:

No, you are wrong. Bible is a story book. You just open Quran and read. Tell me later if you see it as story book.
Quran copied from a storybook but it's not a storybook abi
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07
Kukutenla:

Oh they are many. Let me list some

1. You shall not take your son's wife

2. Keep the sabbath holy

3. You shall not covet thy neighbour's properties

4. You shall not commit adultery

5. You shall not lie with your slave as if she were your wife and if you do, you cannot divorce her

So how does Islam violate all this ?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 7:43pm On Apr 07
ahmedio2017:

So how does Islam violate all this ?
Go and read about your Muhammad

He took his son's wife

He chose Friday for jumat instead of Sabbath

He was known to rob caravans and take women of other men

He committed adultery

He raped slaves captured at war
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by michigang: 7:52pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
undecided
are you a virgin
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 7:55pm On Apr 07
michigang:
are you a virgin
Why do you ask?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by michigang: 7:58pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Why do you ask?
just curious
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Shogal: 7:58pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

I understand you very well. Infact I stopped attending church for over two years, I do join online services and also online prayers on YouTube but I knew i was still missing something. I struggled and I still do but God has been there. I will advise you to take one step at a time,no pressure and gradually you will find your first love. Remember that on your own you can do nothing, don't start looking for Big churches, attend one that your spirit is settled with of course if it's one of the big churches, fine. The important thing is that whichever church you decide to attend eventually, let it lift your spirit and draw you closer to God. Shalom 🕊️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07
Kukutenla:

Go and read about your Muhammad

He took his son's wife

He chose Friday for jumat instead of Sabbath

He was known to rob caravans and take women of other men

He committed adultery

He raped slaves captured at war

All this are nothing but fallacies, wise up Muslims worship everyday and not only Friday. He didn't snatch his son wife, it was even adopted and not biological son how did he committed adultery ? Show us evidence
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kasalagoburst: 8:02pm On Apr 07
drlateef:

I read somewhere in the Quran - Verse 47 of Surah Al-Ma'idah, (5:47), states, "And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient"

So are you saying Allah is wrong about his revelation?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 8:09pm On Apr 07
ahmedio2017:

All this are nothing but fallacies, wise up Muslims worship everyday and not only Friday. He didn't snatch his son wife, it was even adopted and not biological son how did he committed adultery ? Show us evidence
Is Friday sabbath day? He desecrate sabbath abi he nor desecrate sabbath

You're making excuses now. So it's alright to snatch your son's wife as long as the son is adopted. If Prophet Odumeje did that will you call him a good prophet or a fake?

He slept with Mary the Copt whom he was not married to
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by drlateef: 10:23pm On Apr 07
Kasalagoburst:

I read somewhere in the Quran - Verse 47 of Surah Al-Ma'idah, (5:47), states, "And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient"

So are you saying Allah is wrong about his revelation?

The Gospel or Injeel is a revealed book, not the handwritten ones by Paul.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07
Kukutenla:

Is Friday sabbath day? He desecrate sabbath abi he nor desecrate sabbath

You're making excuses now. So it's alright to snatch your son's wife as long as the son is adopted. If Prophet Odumeje did that will you call him a good prophet or a fake?

He slept with Mary the Copt whom he was not married to

Where is your evidence na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Godsonkemz(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07
Sorry to be blunt...
Church of nowadays is scam where the pastor moves on a bulletproof vehicle with security aides and expect his gullible members to buy anointing oil, handkerchief or vest for protection.
A place where members starve themselves to fund the pastor's welfare and luxury life.

A place where you are recognized to degree of your financial support.

A place where members gossip each other and bear malice, harbour bitterness and acrimony for another.

A gathering of hypocrites where pastor preaches but lives opposite of his messages.

A place where tithing/seed sowing is more important than the welfare of the congregation.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Honestey: 1:45am On Apr 08
Allwell96:
Check your spiritual life...

At which lab?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by 1Sharon(f): 1:59am On Apr 08
I wonder why these kind of topics only make FP on a Sunday? Even though I'm not a Christian, it's just not fair.

You wouldn't see a Muslim topic like this on FP.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kingson28: 2:20am On Apr 08
It is because the insidious interest of Satan Satan in you is materialising.
Be on your guard.
Don’t stay back ahome.
Attend the meetings of your local church regularly.
God bless you.
Shalom!
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kasalagoburst: 2:58am On Apr 08
drlateef:

The Gospel or Injeel is a revealed book, not the handwritten ones by Paul.

Paul didn’t write the gospels. You said the gospels, Allah’s revelation, are storybooks. So is Allah’s revelation a lie?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 5:50am On Apr 08
ahmedio2017:

Where is your evidence na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
What s clown

He's asking me for evidence

So you Muslims keep sabbath holy?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by SoaringLife01: 7:28am On Apr 08
beyondPen:

Yes itis God that gives our heart request not church thats the reason many are not interested in church but on God directly

You are right , but the place of fellowship with fellow believers can't be underestimated.
Even those in the world( occult, etc) know the importance of fellowshipping that is why they don't play with their meetings.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 8:01am On Apr 08
Kukutenla:

What s clown

He's asking me for evidence

So you Muslims keep sabbath holy?

We keep all days holy, we worship all days
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by TableLeg(m): 8:18am On Apr 08
EreluRoz:

Okija Shrine dey available.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by drlateef: 8:41am On Apr 08
Kasalagoburst:

Paul didn’t write the gospels. You said the gospels, Allah’s revelation, are storybooks. So is Allah’s revelation a lie?

Who wrote most of New Testament? Go and find out.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 9:15am On Apr 08
ahmedio2017:

We keep all days holy, we worship all days
Moses's law did not ask you to keep all days holy

He said to keep the sabbath holy

On the sabbath, you are supposed to go to your house of worship and not go to work

So I ask you again. Do you Muslims and your Muhammad keep the sabbath holy?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 9:38am On Apr 08
Kukutenla:

Moses's law did not ask you to keep all days holy

He said to keep the sabbath holy

On the sabbath, you are supposed to go to your house of worship and not go to work

So I ask you again. Do you Muslims and your Muhammad keep the sabbath holy?

Sabath is on when? Saturday right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Check Out The Interior Views Of Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet (Photos) / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.