Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam (41450 Views)

2019 WAEC GCE Registration Form – Instructions & Guidelines [first Series] / WAEC 2018 Results: Check And Tell Us About Yours / Futa Post Utme Form Is Out - Read Instructions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by iHart(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07
Chuksaluta:

The Instructions was to read the questions. No instruction was given to answer the question.
exactly my point
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Caeser37(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07
If I happen to come across something like this in exam,then i will rush to ascertain what’s in number ten first,that’s me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Christlike01: 7:49pm On Apr 07
brain54:
It's the person that set the exam that's wrong...

The instructions didn't say read question 10 first.

It says "especially" so when you get there is when you realize.

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

The examiner just needs Jesus!

How is the Examiner wrong when the instruction states very clearly as thus; ".....read all 15 questions ESPECIALLY QUESTION NUMBER 10" ?! With the emphasis laid on question number 10,a smart student would first check out what's so important about that particular question before he or she would even start reading other questions.

What you're complaining about here was exactly what the Examiner wanted to test: students ability to decipher WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT and treat as such!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Christlike01: 7:51pm On Apr 07
Caeser37:
If I happen to come across something like this in exam,then i will rush to ascertain what’s in number ten first,that’s me.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Proserpina: 7:51pm On Apr 07
grin
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Amayabor1: 7:51pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

The examiner is not wrong. You think the examiner is wrong because you already have a particular mindset of how an exam should go.

The instruction says : READ all 15 questions, especially number 10".

What that means is that, the students should read the questions. The instruction didn't say "Read and answer". The instruction was very clear; " READ".

Take the examiner to court and the first thing the judge will tell you is "what was the instruction on the exam paper"? You will answer that the instruction was to " Read all 15 questions ". Na slap the judge go give you.

Read is read. Read and answer is Read and answer. They are 2 different things.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by iHart(m): 7:51pm On Apr 07
Raylight2:

The person that set the question is very wrong. Asking me read all the questions especially question 10, didn't imply that I read them first before answering the questions. if this was an international exam and you fail me for it, I will take you to court.
the instruction did not say you should answer the questions, it said "read" the question. If you take the examiner to court, you will not win!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by A112: 7:52pm On Apr 07
Na that number 1question go make me read number 10.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by PepeXKermit: 7:55pm On Apr 07
Stupeed test
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:57pm On Apr 07
brain54:

With that emphasis on question 10, I jumped down to read it instantly before even reading number 1.
That's what a smart brain would have done.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by PepeXKermit: 7:57pm On Apr 07
Nigerian examiners are so deceitful. Always looking for opportunities to fail people. This is bullsgeet to say the least. Any lecturer abraod that does this is at the verge of losing his job
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Zuckembego: 7:58pm On Apr 07
adioolayi:
Read all questions, especially number 10 is not a direct instructions to read question 10 first.

Abegi!

grin grin grin

But a smart student will want to know what is in question 10

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by salem1996: 8:00pm On Apr 07
brain54:

Your moniker carries BRAIN oooo.
The instructions was simply to read all questions, especially question 10. Not answer all questions.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by alizma: 8:00pm On Apr 07
The person that set the questions is wrong. It is not stated in the instruction that all or no 10 question be read before answering any. The choice as to when to read each or all the questions is open to the student
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by SaturnNick(m): 8:01pm On Apr 07
The examiner is wrong. Instructions and questions are two different things
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Oizee(f): 8:01pm On Apr 07
Pious101:
with d way emphasis was place on question 10, common sense would have made one to glance on it even before commencing.
thanks, somebody like me will look at number 10 first

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by vibemad007: 8:04pm On Apr 07
brain54:

justify ur failure

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by MrJames007: 8:06pm On Apr 07
That legal officer eyes clear when he reach number 10 grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by iykedonp: 8:08pm On Apr 07
The question is "read all the questions, especially number 10". Note, he did not say answer all the questions. It implies that you read first.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Ukafor(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07
A smart student will read number 10 first

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by eazye4u133(m): 8:12pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The examiner is not wrong, the problem is the individual answering the questions. The lesson to learn from this is that you should always read or listen to instructions before attempting or doing whatever you are asked to accomplish or do.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by ericmor: 8:14pm On Apr 07
brain54:

He said read all 15 questions and emphasise on question 10. In my secondary school, we were told to always check the emphasise one first before going to any other question. If you are not sure or can't solve it, you can then move to other questions

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Fiscus105(m): 8:14pm On Apr 07
brain54:

No wonder naija is going backwards, since everyone knows it all, disappointed with several fools that like ur comments

Fools like you that knows it far more than the examiner.

Little wonder naija becoming ungovernable day by day.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by sprints1: 8:15pm On Apr 07
The Movie Exam comes to my mind.. This is why the world lack critical thinkers but brilliant and hardworking zombies who just do the same thing everyday repeatedly without bringing in new ideas

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by sprints1: 8:17pm On Apr 07
Fiscus105:

No wonder naija is going backwards, since everyone knows it all, disappointed with several fools that like ur comments

Fools like you that knows it than the examiner
you better leave that mofo this is why we have so many zombies in work place... Some pharma compnies do this abroad though not in this manner they are aware you are all qualified all they want is attention detailed people... They need a pep ancelotti or arteta not a ten hag or paseiro

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by ericmor: 8:18pm On Apr 07
alizma:
The person that set the questions is wrong. It is not stated in the instruction that all or no 10 question be read before answering any. The choice as to when to read each or all the questions is open to the student

Did the instruction say solve or answer all questions? It only say read and emphasise on 10 which even makes it easier for you to understand and answer with no stress

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by sprints1: 8:19pm On Apr 07
MrJames007:
That legal officer eyes clear when he reach number 10 grin
if dem call am for next stage make I bend... Reminds of men in black when dey wanted to recruit will smith... I learnt something from that movie don't follow the multitude, relax and carefully observe before rushing...

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by oliverano: 8:21pm On Apr 07
brain54:

Common sense = Read first!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by sprints1: 8:22pm On Apr 07
WantsandMore:
Back in school I was always the last to submit because I did spend my first 15 minutes gone through questions by the time I was done the answers to questions I know would be sitting on my finger tips with zero anxiety
there was a child I taught like that in Lagos 8 years old she pays vast attention to detail but you will not know because she no dey talk and has all this funny character... She doesn't rush and no dey cancel... If she writes note amd she cancel na you make mistake

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Taiwo20(m): 8:25pm On Apr 07
African just like to make life difficult for themselves and they celebrant wickedness.

What does the examiner seek to achieve with this?
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Badmashiii: 8:26pm On Apr 07
brain54:

Oga calm down. The instructor probably did that on purpose so as to know those that truly follow "instructions ".

It's obviously part of the exam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ritualists Now Attacking Schools (photos) / Kim Ung-yong, The Man Who Scored The Highest IQ Ever As A Kid / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.