Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam (41454 Views)

2019 WAEC GCE Registration Form – Instructions & Guidelines [first Series] / WAEC 2018 Results: Check And Tell Us About Yours / Futa Post Utme Form Is Out - Read Instructions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Oparasunny125(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07
brain54:
It's the person that set the exam that's wrong...

The instructions didn't say to read question 10 first.

It says "especially" so when you get there, you realize.

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

The examiner just needs Jesus!
When you were to read all the questions especially question 10, a good student will first go straight to question 10 to know what the question is talking about since the examiner's emphasis on it .
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Oparasunny125(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07
pretydiva:
Back then in uni, exam instruction is the first thing I read

Btw, the questions are quite easy! But while for this person wey don already answer some of the questions
The person sees cheap questions and rushes to answer them
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by DMCY: 11:27pm On Apr 07
obembet:
Reading instructions carefully can help us understand how to perform certain tasks and help us perform them efficiently. Reading instructions carefully also helps us to be organized and helps us avoid mistakes.

See what happened here

Source; yabaleft

We go still see person wey dey cover booklet for this exam o😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Goldbw122(m): 11:44pm On Apr 07
Thank God am done with school. I hate stress 😬
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by AnI77: 11:46pm On Apr 07
This is exactly the kind of nonsense that will happen when there is no external moderation of examination questions.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Ouchbabe(f): 12:07am On Apr 08
After all your carefulness, you fail abi you nor fail?

Natbrowny:
A cognitive exercise 4 that matter. The person wey take this test suppose know say every word and alphabet gaz mean something.

U gaz wake up ur CIA Instinct in cognitive tests

Na so i write one course exam like dat. ETHICS.
I had to be extra careful when i dey write am. I careful pass when i dey write English exam sef.

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by themanderon: 12:13am On Apr 08
I saw this some years back during an interview I attended.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Harrynight(m): 12:16am On Apr 08
Pious101:
with d way emphasis was place on question 10, common sense would have made one to glance on it even before commencing.

That's for those who even read the instruction to the end or read at all
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by emu22(m): 12:19am On Apr 08
The examiner placed emphasis on number,3minutes is more dan enough to go straight to the number 10 before doing anything else.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by DonroxyII: 12:25am On Apr 08
KillIgbohoN0W:

Exactly.

3mins is too short to read all 15 and come back to start solving #1 so 99% will read #1, solve, move to #2, solve and so forth...

Dumb examiner.
I wouldn't want to work for them anyway.
I read my All My Questions first before attempting them ... This give me the opportunities to find the cheap Questions & weigh my options on the difficult questions!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by rockyh(m): 1:38am On Apr 08
fixedhollies:
Stupid question… There is a reason for numbers in questions. You wanted question 10 read first but you didn’t put it in the first question. The instruction didn’t state read question 10.

Examination is a test instrument, what has this measured?
test of deceit
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Explicit05(m): 2:08am On Apr 08
Sincerely speaking 99.9 percent will fail if that's the criteria.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Enemyofpeace: 2:15am On Apr 08
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Excelll: 2:24am On Apr 08
brain54:

The instructions didn't say read question 10 first.

It says "especially" so when you get there is when you realize.

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

Nope, you are wrong. By first reading the instructions above, a smart student would have quickly checked was is on question 10 and then save yourself all the stress.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Beautifulday: 3:20am On Apr 08
obembet:
Reading instructions carefully can help us understand how to perform certain tasks and help us perform them efficiently. Reading instructions carefully also helps us to be organized and helps us avoid mistakes.

See what happened here

Source; yabaleft

The examiner needs to be examined. He needs to go back to school to study English.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by shilz(f): 3:43am On Apr 08
brain54:

telling you to read question 10 first is as good as not setting the exams questions …A smart student will go straight to question 10 to know why he is asked to read it.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by tonymyke4life(m): 3:54am On Apr 08
Why is almost everyone saying the same thing. Most of us claiming to be right here are not getting the basics. The instruction here is simple. It said 'read' not 'answer'. All the exams I've been Tru were mostly Answer, illustrate, evaluate, etc. But this one was clearly stated. It said 'Read'. It's when you read the instruction that you wud notice the number 10 part that made it special. Remember, instructions r always part of the questions. How can you jump to answer the questions without reading the instructions!.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Nauttyprof(m): 4:02am On Apr 08
brain54:

That's why we fail exam. Your explanation and analysis are TOTALLY WRONG.

The instruction says READ not ANSWER all questions. So, the first thing to do is to read all questions first. In fact, any students sitting for exams should always do this before attempting to answer any questions. The Nigerian in us feels we need to rush everything including writing an exam.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Gandoki6(m): 4:04am On Apr 08
Dumb examiner in my opinion. Even if one reads question 10 first, they still have not complied with the exam instructions which requires that one reads all questions. Examiner intends only question 10 to be answered yet says all questions carry equal mark. Some people are saying the instruction did not say answer. What's the purpose of an exam and what does "all questions carry equal mark" mean, then?
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Originalsly: 5:32am On Apr 08
brain54:

I just can't figure how soo many of you reason. Were the instruction to answer the questions? ... or to read the questions? As simple and innocent this is .... it is a method used to reduce the number of potential candidates for a job. Corporations that place high priority on employees to follow instructions would give this type of test. The ones who put answers would be cut ... and like you... would be arguing on what they should've done. They know what they are doing. If you can't follow the simple instructions.... it is likely you will not follow company procedures.

@ topic ......I'm not sure ... but is this a State test? Unbelievable.... it must be they all are Primary School dropouts. The grammar is not bad ... it is atrocious . Questions without question marks? I thought it was only the Naira was crashing.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Laboosh(m): 5:36am On Apr 08
Simple instructing but technical....😂
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Hezmatosky: 5:43am On Apr 08
brain54:

But when you read the instructions did you not jump to the question 10?
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by geoworldedu: 5:56am On Apr 08
success1smyn:

The time for the exam is 3 minutes so it's not about cancelling
It doesn't take long to cancel the answers na. 3 mins is much time to answer questions that are objectives and not Mathematics.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Goodzinny: 5:57am On Apr 08
The instruction would have been, read all the questions first before answering.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by GreatVocalist: 6:21am On Apr 08
brain54:

You obviously did not get the whole idea behind the seeming simplicity of this task.

Two things are expected from the exam candidate here:

1. The ability to read and follow instructions.

2. The ability to think critically: from the instruction, it says "read all questions", it didn't say "answer all questions".

That should stir up some critical thinking, as all exams are required to answer each question given. Also, they stated that question 10 must be read. If I was to take that exam, that specific instruction would make me take a quick glance at number 10.

Whoever fails this test would find it difficult to take instructions. I think that's the purpose of the test, so that guy who went ahead to answer those questions clearly failed the test.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by GreatVocalist: 6:23am On Apr 08
Goodzinny:
The instruction would have been, read all the questions first before answering.
No, that would defeat the original purposes of the test:

1. The ability to follow instructions.
2. The ability to think critically.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by GreatVocalist: 6:27am On Apr 08
fixedhollies:
Stupid question… There is a reason for numbers in questions. You wanted question 10 read first but you didn’t put it in the first question. The instruction didn’t state read question 10.

Examination is a test instrument, what has this measured?
1. The ability to take instructions.
2. The ability to think critically.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Jeje247: 6:46am On Apr 08
brain54:

You are wrong. In whatever written tests you are taking, always make sure to read or at least glance through all the questions after reading the instructions. It forestalls this kind of mistakes as well as helping you process some of the difficult questions while answering the easy ones. By the time you get back to difficult questions, you would have put the answer together
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by phemray(m): 6:53am On Apr 08
brain54:

Just now the examiner is being blamed for doing a perfect job. The students are to follow instructions and not to ask a lecturer why A did not come before B.

Logical reasoning is the excellent way of reasoning to be successful in Life.

The instruction is to read all 15 questions expecially number 15 and not ' answer all 15 questions '. I trust, engineering or science related persons can never do this mistake.

Ask yourself, while you are in a class, some people has Distinction and some people 3rd class or failed same exams or topics with you.

Nairaland Is a class.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:57am On Apr 08
Pious101:
with d way emphasis was place on question 10, common sense would have made one to glance on it even before commencing.

Easy for you to say...
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by DeNovo: 7:35am On Apr 08
bobkezel:
The examiner wrong. The instruction would have been

"you SHOULD read all the questions FIRST before you start answering...

No, the examiner is not wrong. The test is for a position in a LAW FIRM. Opposition lawyers will NOT PLAY FAIR. They can bury unfavourable clauses in agreements that will come back to hunt you IF YOU DO NOT READ CAREFULLY!!

Certainly you wouldn't be happy if your lawyer got you in trouble only for him to say u
in his defence that the opposition deceived him because the clauses in question were written out of order!! grin
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by bammyllonaire(m): 7:42am On Apr 08
The name of the examination is cognitive and it is expected of one to follow instructions with reasoning. If he/she followed instructions, he/she wouldn't fail the exam. They saw very simple questions and jumped to answer it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ritualists Now Attacking Schools (photos) / Kim Ung-yong, The Man Who Scored The Highest IQ Ever As A Kid / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.