Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam (41441 Views)

2019 WAEC GCE Registration Form – Instructions & Guidelines [first Series] / WAEC 2018 Results: Check And Tell Us About Yours / Futa Post Utme Form Is Out - Read Instructions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by blaise26abj(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07
obembet:
Reading instructions carefully can help us understand how to perform certain tasks and help us perform them efficiently. Reading instructions carefully also helps us to be organized and helps us avoid mistakes.

See what happened here

Source; yabaleft

Funny how people are saying 3 minutes is too short to read the questions . You can go through those questions in about 30 seconds . The good thing is that emphasis was placed on number 10 which should attract your attention immediately.

Personally I have never started writing in an essay exam without going through all the questions and strategizing which ones I can get maximum scores from .
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by frenzzy2(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07
brain54:
It's the person that set the exam that's wrong...

The instructions didn't say read question 10 first.

It says "especially" so when you get there is when you realize.

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.nothing like that am not sitting for the exam but after glancing through the instructions I went quickly to number 10 to see what the sort of question it is that will warrant the instruction

The examiner just needs Jesus!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Administration1: 8:34pm On Apr 07
Pious101:
with d way emphasis was place on question 10, common sense would have made one to glance on it even before commencing.

All the comments above yours prove that some people no get sense

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by DonBenny77(m): 8:35pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

No you are dumb else immediately you see especially number 10 your gaze should immediately go to question 10.
They need extra smart people for the position.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by shoprite: 8:36pm On Apr 07
Well . . .If in the instructions, I was told to read all questions carefully "especially number 10" then that's where the exam will start for me . . .Number 10 ! cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by shoprite: 8:36pm On Apr 07
cool
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Edembasilprutus(m): 8:37pm On Apr 07
Pious101:
with d way emphasis was place on question 10, common sense would have made one to glance on it even before commencing.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by DonBenny77(m): 8:38pm On Apr 07
shoprite:
Well . . .If in the instruction, I was told to read all questions carefully "especially number 10" then that's where the exam will start for me . . .Number 10 ! cool
You're a smart guy and the next minute you should have submitted.
Immediately I saw especially number 10. The way my gaze moved down to question 10 was like a reflex action.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by bobonla: 8:43pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

Is ur type that need help.
If u read the instructions, immediately u see especially number 10. U suppose pause first glance through number 10 come back and continue reading the instructions. The first think any reasonable examination candidates suppose do na to read instructions b4 attempting the questions. But the questions were simple. Him rush am dey answer am sequentially until him reach number 10 b4 him eyes clear.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Shimran(m): 8:56pm On Apr 07
Raylight2:
read the instruction not the questions

Right there, the instruction directly refer you to question number 10.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by tefishy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07
cheesy
Seriously
Blackbelly:
Most of the students will fail in flying colors 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Goalnaldo(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07
My instinct would normally go to the number 10 to see what makes it special. I no go fail at all
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by oliverano: 9:11pm On Apr 07
Taiwo20:
African just like to make life difficult for themselves and they celebrant wickedness.

What does the examiner seek to achieve with this?

To know those who follow instructions. I probably wouldn't want to work as I'll assume them to be too strict and robotic but those who didn't follow instructions won't be employed if it was a job interview.

It's a simple sturv!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by oliverano: 9:12pm On Apr 07
Goalnaldo:
My instinct would normally go to the number 10 to see what makes it special. I no go fail at all

Exactly, very simple sturv!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Gadafii: 9:13pm On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:

A smarter student would know that 3mins is insufficient to answer 15 questions let alone read them first.
this is why you are not smart or intelligent, otherwise you WILL read the number 10 first without having to read all the instructions

Don't reply me again with lame response please
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Danchibez: 9:14pm On Apr 07
Gadafii:
a smart student or candidate will read that question 10 first, its only unintelligent students that will read question one, solve then read question 2

Back then in school,I read all the questions first, identify the ones I can solve easily, mark them down, solve then and then focus on the ones that would give me issues, with that I am very efficient, because while solving the ones I know very well, ideas for the hard ones would fall in, it has always worked for me that way

Exactly my type in University then
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by IamAsiri: 9:15pm On Apr 07
bobkezel:
The examiner wrong. The instruction would have been

"you SHOULD read all the questions FIRST before you start answering...

There was nothing like "answer" in the instruction. Just to read all the questions.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by oyoofong(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07
Awn han!
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:16pm On Apr 07
Gadafii:
this is why you are not smart or intelligent, otherwise you WILL read the number 10 first without having to read all the instructions

Don't reply me again with lame response please

You must be a very dumb commercial student.
No science student will do that knowing the war ahead.

Dumbo.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by pansophist(m): 9:17pm On Apr 07
I will answer all the questions and leave number 10 blank.

The instruction states that all questions carry equal marks. So if I answer all questions, while skipping number ten, I will score high. If I answer only number 10, I will pass only number 10 and have a lower score.

Number ten is quite a trick, to play you. Just leave it blank and fail only that one.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by macalashe(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07
brain54:

The instruction is READ all questions.....and not ANSWER all the questions.

I hope you get the logic
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Babsolala: 9:34pm On Apr 07
brain54:

You are wrong!
The title of the paper is cognitive exercise.
COGNITIVE
In such, you are expected to analyze an information from different perspectives.

The "especially number 10" part of the instruction is enough to trigger one's curiosity.

After reading such an instruction, the first question that would come to my mind is "why number 10?" and that curiosity would make me quickly read that question first.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Olatundex22(m): 9:34pm On Apr 07
Gadafii:
why would they tell you to read questions 10 first, that make is very simple for you na

The instruction was very clear, read all questions, especially question 10

A smart person can skip all questions and check out what's up with that question 10, but the habit of you not adhering to instructions is what killed that candidate
you still never said it perfectly, ( please) at the beginning of the read. As I open this thread, reading the paper before getting to see anyone comment i first jumped to that 10 to see what is there. To be honest I didn’t read any other questions except the instructions and 10
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by bobonla: 9:38pm On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:

A smarter student would know that 3mins is insufficient to answer 15 questions let alone read them first.
Then the student is not smart. U are not even supposed to read the questions from number 1 to 15 before knowing what they want. From the instructions a smart student will take a pause, rush to number 10 to clear his doubts. It's call cognitive.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by writeprof(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07
The question paper reeks of ambiguity. This is what happens when every Tom, Dick, and Harry feels they know ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by finallybusy: 9:54pm On Apr 07
Na una know. Thank God I got a job in the days when employers really needed employees and never created vacancies to mock the unemployed.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by stanislaus67(m): 9:57pm On Apr 07
brain54:

THIS IS HOW U FAIL EXAMS. THE INSTRUCTION WAS; READ ALL 15 QUESTIONS ESPECIALLY NO 10.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by papalsayer(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07
This is crap and dumb. I wouldn't want to associate with anyone that thinks this is a flex
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by freemanq(m): 10:08pm On Apr 07
I love this type of exams
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07
geoworldedu:
Cancelling of your work is allowed anywhere. So the candidate will still pass the exam after cancelling out all the answers he wrote earlier.
The time for the exam is 3 minutes so it's not about cancelling
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07
Raylight2:

The person that set the question is very wrong. Asking me read all the questions especially question 10, didn't imply that I read them first before answering the questions. if this was an international exam and you fail me for it, I will take you to court.
The examiner actually ask you to read the questions, that's what's stated in the instruction even if they don't put emphasis on questions 10
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 10:25pm On Apr 07
Raylight2:
read the instruction not the questions

And the instruction ask you to read the questions not answer the questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ritualists Now Attacking Schools (photos) / Kim Ung-yong, The Man Who Scored The Highest IQ Ever As A Kid / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.