Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam (41451 Views)

2019 WAEC GCE Registration Form – Instructions & Guidelines [first Series] / WAEC 2018 Results: Check And Tell Us About Yours / Futa Post Utme Form Is Out - Read Instructions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Ogagun57: 8:41am On Apr 08
[That is why it is a cognitive test.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by backlinkseo(m): 8:49am On Apr 08
CasaCourses | Latest Race Events & Reports in Morocco CasaCourses Your ultimate guide to race reports and events in Morocco, keeping you updated on the latest races and running events casa course
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Vipro(m): 8:59am On Apr 08
fixedhollies:
Stupid question… There is a reason for numbers in questions. You wanted question 10 read first but you didn’t put it in the first question. The instruction didn’t state read question 10.

Examination is a test instrument, what has this measured?
Ability to follow instructions
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Jeffy1206(m): 9:19am On Apr 08
bobkezel:
The examiner wrong. The instruction would have been

"you SHOULD read all the questions FIRST before you start answering...
check the instructions again. That's exactly what it says. Use your iq well cos na cognitive test be this. Brain pass brain with common sense. 😜
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by uuzba(m): 9:26am On Apr 08
chigoziri2403:
The examiner is correct, the instructions is to read not solve
Read all questions EXPECIALLY number 10.
That should spur you to FIRST look at this number 10 that they made special mention about.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by fixedhollies(m): 9:26am On Apr 08
Vipro:
Ability to follow instructions

That is a confusing instruction. If you don’t agree with me don’t worry. That question would face a reliability test. I have studied education for 7 years. I have never seen such a test instrument. in fact the teacher should be sanctioned.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by chigoziri2403(m): 9:35am On Apr 08
uuzba:

Read all questions EXPECIALLY number 10.
That should spur you to FIRST look at this number 10 that they made special mention about.
The time alloted might be a factor that will make them overlook the instructions
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Silentgroper(m): 10:44am On Apr 08
Goldbw122:
Thank God am done with school. I hate stress 😬
dey play . You go soon know say school stress dey learn work.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by charlsecy(m): 10:48am On Apr 08
brain54:
It's the person that set the exam that's wrong... The instructions didn't say read question 10 first.
Not true. The instructions said you should read all questions, not answer them.

bobkezel:

Not true. If you had read all questions as instructed, you should have known you didn't have to answer the questions.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by HisXLNC1: 10:55am On Apr 08
It's quite simple. Your employer just wants to know if you are the type that follows instructions...to the letter. The instruction say READ ALL QUESTIONS, ESPECIALLY QUESTION 10. This is a case of "Offor go and spy, Offor went and called".

1 Like

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by KingLion007(m): 11:54am On Apr 08
brain54:
It's the person that set the exam that's wrong...

The instructions didn't say read question 10 first.

It says "especially" so when you get there is when you realize.

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

The examiner just needs Jesus!
I think he's right. It is good to read instruction/question FIRST before attempting any question. So if you had gone through the questions first before attempting it. U for don grab.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Titanium001: 12:07pm On Apr 08
brain54:

The instruction should have been "read question 10 first." To save someone all the cancelations.

You’re wrong, bro. The word ‘especially’ singles out question 10 from the rest. A sensible person, after reading the instruction, would quickly glance at 10 first, to see what is special about it. Conventionality when writing a cognitive test is the surest way to fail
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Hespee93: 1:08pm On Apr 08
I don't know the reason why people are blaming the examiner.

Do you want to tell me that you don't read the queations first beofer start answering questions.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 1:14pm On Apr 08
geoworldedu:

It doesn't take long to cancel the answers na. 3 mins is much time to answer questions that are objectives and not Mathematics.
Well this is obviously not objective

And the whole thing is not about reading the instruction actually but understanding it
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by geoworldedu: 1:27pm On Apr 08
success1smyn:

Well this is obviously not objective

And the whole thing is not about reading the instruction actually but understanding it
Sorry for the mistake. 3 mins is not bad to answer questions that gives spaces for answers that are not Mathematically related. As you can see, the person was able to cancel the questions successfully before submitting.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Whois(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08
Lol. The accuracy

Cc
yarimo

Alexlalax1:
They are all over nairaland. Commenting before reading. You will see them abusing Peter Obi because of the heading when the main context is talking about tinubu's monumental failure.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Alexlalax1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08
Whois:
Lol. The accuracy

Cc
yarimo

hahahaha
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by etrange: 2:20pm On Apr 08
bobkezel:

Lol... but they don't want the candidates to answer. Here, I've got a slight variation of your suggestion.

Normally, the instruction would be "read and answer all questions", but in this case, they don't want them to answer at all. So adding "... before answering" to the instruction would send the message that they're supposed to answer the questions. In that case, when they read number 10 which says they should not answer the questions, they might take it to be in conflict with the original instruction. If that happens, the examiners would be blamed for giving instructions that are arguably self-conflicting.

Therefore, to make your suggestion less questionable, I'd modify it to be:

"You should read all the questions before you start."

I removed the word "answering" at the end cause of the reason above, and I chose to remove the word "first" simply cause it's already implied by the word "before".

Hope you agree.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 3:37pm On Apr 08
geoworldedu:
Sorry for the mistake. 3 mins is not bad to answer questions that gives spaces for answers that are not Mathematically related. As you can see, the person was able to cancel the questions successfully before submitting.

Well even though (s)he was able to cancel them, he's failed already. Every exam has a purpose, he failed what the wanted to test. The exam title is what again?
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by MMempire(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08
brain54:

Instruction says "read all 15 questions especially No 10". And not "answer all 15 questions especially No 10".
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by VULCAN(m): 3:54pm On Apr 08
Brilliant.

My thoughts also

brain54:

Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by geoworldedu: 4:22pm On Apr 08
success1smyn:

Well even though (s)he was able to cancel them, he's failed already. Every exam has a purpose, he failed what the wanted to test. The exam title is what again?
How does cancelling your book mean you failed? There wasn't anywhere in the question that says if you cancel a question you failed.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by geoworldedu: 4:27pm On Apr 08
success1smyn:

What is cognitive test again? How is answering Questions not part of cognitive test?
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08
geoworldedu:

What is cognitive test again? How is answering Questions not part of cognitive test?
You still don't get it. I believe this will help you get my point.

A cognitive ability test measures a candidate’s mental abilities across several different categories. In short, they don’t measure what you know, they measure how you think.

The instruction ask the candidate to read and not answer and that is what they actually want to test. Cognitive ability test is one of the ways employers get the most mentally fit candidates.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by geoworldedu: 4:57pm On Apr 08
success1smyn:

You still don't get it. I believe this will help you get my point.

A cognitive ability test measures a candidate’s mental abilities across several different categories. In short, they don’t measure what you know, they measure how you think.

The instruction ask the candidate to read and not answer and that is what they actually want to test. Cognitive ability test is one of the ways employers get the most mentally fit candidates.
This to me is not a cognitive test. Cognitive test is more of aptitude test. This one is just a funny test that doesn't test anyone's cognitive skill. A cognitive test should have been questions like a bacteria doubles itself in mass everyday. If it is 200g on the 4th day, which day was it 50g?
That one up there is like riddles and joke to me.

And pls in cognitive tests, if you cancel your work, does it mean you've failed the question? I've never heard that from anywhere before though.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by success1smyn(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08
geoworldedu:
This to me is not a cognitive test. Cognitive test is more of aptitude test. This one is just a funny test that doesn't test anyone's cognitive skill. A cognitive test should have been questions like a bacteria doubles itself in mass everyday. If it is 200g on the 4th day, which day was it 50g?
That one up there is like riddles and joke to me.

Ok let leave this back and forth argument.

geoworldedu:
And pls in cognitive tests, if you cancel your work, does it mean you've failed the question? I've never heard that from anywhere before though.

It's not about the cancellation. The examiner don't want you to answer the questions and you did, you have already failed for answering the questions in the first instance.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by Pious101: 7:06am On Apr 09
BalogunIdowu:

Easy for you to say...
it's not easy for me to say, that's exactly what I will do. examiner just don't make emphasis on questions.
Re: This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:26pm On Apr 10
Pious101:
it's not easy for me to say, that's exactly what I will do. examiner just don't make emphasis on questions.

Issokay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ritualists Now Attacking Schools (photos) / Kim Ung-yong, The Man Who Scored The Highest IQ Ever As A Kid / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.