Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36490 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:52pm On Apr 09
This is why carrying olosho is better...

No drama, no bullshiitt...

Just pay her, put dick in her toto and bounce off to the next when u're done with her...

Nothing is attached to it, except the one that wants a return-match because of the way u treated her...

Even the rematch is well defined - get fvcked, get paid, then get lost....

No time for drama and BS...

May God help some of u guys...

6 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Akalia(m): 2:53pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:
Marriage is way overrated. As time goes on more and more men and women are going to stay away from getting married
The reason your submission would happen is because the society at large has lost the core values that bind humanity of which marriage is one of the values that bind humanity in good fate.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Gboom: 2:53pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:
Marriage is way overrated. As time goes on more and more men and women are going to stay away from getting married
And single and cohabitating life is underrated?
What are your personal experiences that makes you feel marriage is overated

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Kaido: 2:54pm On Apr 09
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by gigabyte13: 2:55pm On Apr 09
I go nack my wife tire
I go nack her eeeehn
Mtchewwwwwwwwww
Marry first...
Nack go be the last thing on your mind
Bill go wan keeeeeee you

13 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by DeathToSimps: 2:56pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim

Rubbish.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Evolutionism: 2:56pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

🔟lessons I learnt in my 10years in marriage🥂

#1. Men crave honor, not just respect. He could get respect from his neighbor, colleagues, even a stranger.

#2. Lower your expectations from the start. Fairytales are fiction and doesn't last longer than a novel or movie length, marriage is a lifetime reality.

#3. You would both hurt yourselves more than you could ever imagine, and your capacities to forgive and love again would be tested. A lot of people don't survive the test.

#4. The likelihood that one spouse would be unfaithful at some point is higher than the statistics... Also It's more likely to be the man. These categories of women would cheat (a) the unrepented slot (b) the unattended or neglected (c) the scorned. The second category are lonely, and the last category just want to get even. Try not to break the trust, it's so difficult to repair.

#5. Children are a blessing from God, but always remember they are the icing and not the cake. They would grow, leave and cleave. Let them be your common interest and love binder, not your escape. May God bless you with your own children 🙏

#6. Be intentional about fanning the flame of your love. It naturally goes out if you don't make the effort to keep it burning.

#7. If you two don't care about each other more than you care about yourselves, you are just flat mates.

#8. Women pls marry men you look up to. Women are drawn to some form of leadership and power. Dear man if you do not possess the one that fascinates the woman you are going for, you will share her eventually.

#9. Man, the only way you can remain the leader in that home is to be the provider. A woman can at best be a contributor, and if she provides it can only be temporary. Hustle my man!

#10. Most matters you take out to outsiders could have been resolved within yourselves. The people you are going out to don't have it any better. Your pastor is not a marriage counselor. Your friends are not the ones you got married to. Your parents have finished their job. Learn to communicate with each other, and resolve your issues.

In summary marriage can be Heaven on earth, or Hell. The way you lay your bed, so you must lie on it. Wish you well 🥂

Chux Nnodim

A wise street man doesn't need anyone to tell him Marriage is full of Baggages upon Baggages and it favours the female gender the most.

This doesn't mean marriage isn't cool and it wouldn't still stop most people from getting married.

Sometimes i come across some married.men i'm older than looking like they are my uncle lol. Some have grew grey hair. I will just be smiling in my mind.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by folake4u(f): 2:56pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

That was a new one to me. But I am taking notes and updating my OS. Hahaha!

Please jot things down, make I copy from your note. grin grin
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 2:57pm On Apr 09
Mindlog:
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you” (Exodus 20:12).

Na respect your wife owe you no be honour, na her parents get dat one. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You dey mind the OP
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Emmanuel30a2: 2:57pm On Apr 09
This one is saying NONSENSE! STORY STORY SUPER STORY... STORY WEY NO GET GLORY... BY THE WAY, I DEY CELL&SELL SNIPER OR GIVE SNIPER; TO those who wants to drink sniper...or be hit with sniper/by sniper... It sells like stem cell... Sniper sells like stem cell...
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09
Toks2008:
interesting.

The best marriage is not between two romantic people neither is it between two compatible people.

The best marriage is the one between two forgivers.
Bless you bro, many are lost into romantic compatibility.
I see them and shake my head.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 2:59pm On Apr 09
Ijaya123:
For any marriage to work, what is required is
1. Kindness
2. Both partners have to be deliberate and intentional with their commitment.

All those love fantasies are just fictions.

Thank you for these bullet points. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by diamond68: 2:59pm On Apr 09
Marriage na scam but having said that some women will help you so much and lift you up when you are down. Very rare to find but if you do keep her

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pharmagba: 2:59pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:
Stop using grammar to conceal your ignorance.

Marriage is a commitment.
You (not actions of your partner) determine how long you want to stay.
For it to last BOTH partner MUST keep improving themselves in area of life including communication, respect, emotional intelligence, patience, finance and knowledge of God,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by frankson1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 09
@ Op, which of the pictures you posted is yours?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Wallade(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09
Nice one
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by MurphyLeeeeeeee: 3:02pm On Apr 09
Marriage is a lesson...yes
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by RawBitterTruth(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

You go just open mouth waaa

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by okoroemeka(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:
what you say is your mind,in my area in imo state an unmarried man is looked on and regarded as a teenager ,no matter the level of your achievements,if you cannot manage a woman you are still a child in the eyes of everybody,infact it is almost impossible and unthinkable to be a man and reach 40yrs still single in my community ,the very essense of what a man needs the respect and dignity will not be given to you,even if you drive a rolls Royce Cullman.only by managing a woman can you prove you are worthy to be called a man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09
Obakoolex:
Most people that will comment here are not even married and struggling managing a relationship yet they will never learn from experienced couples.
The OP manual can only work for a man that demand less and sacrifice alot.
Many guys don't belong to that category tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Evolutionism: 3:06pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:

This is just the Truth.

It's happening already. A lot of 30years plus guys and ladies still single.

Many of them are still waiting for their princess charming and prince charminggrin

6 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 3:07pm On Apr 09
Op you are right with some points and not entirely correct with some.

Men don't crave for honor, they want absolute respect from their wife. As a lady, respect your husband and he will cherish you, this can be called honor by some, but it all boils down to true and absolute respect.

If you want your husband to worship you and do whatever you ask, respect him, if possibly honor him if I am to borrow op's words. Stop dragging headship with your man, you are wonderfully made as a woman, you women are the flower of life, maintain your feminity, don't try to be a man.

As a man, whether you are living in Washington DC, London, Sydney, Cape Town, Seoul, Tokyo, Kingston or Casablanca, please if you want to enjoy your marriage and enjoy that natural respect from your wife, you must be ready to be the provider (financially, materially and otherwise). Don't copy western culture of sharing financial responsibilities 50-50 with your wife, if you do so, whatever you see in that marriage, take it and do not complain.

Women naturally are not created to provide, so in all your prayers as a man, always pray to God to keep you financially buoyant enough to take care of your family and manly responsibilities.

If your wife must come in, let it be partial contribution, don't mind all these small boys looking for a woman to cater for them, if you are a man, act like a man, provide for your family solely and let your wife assist when necessary and where necessary but don't ever share financial responsibilities equally with your wife if you want to enjoy your marriage. Take your eyes off from your wife's income.

Dear ladies, cheating is beyond every sexually active man's control. It is not as easy to control by men as it is for you ladies.

It is a natural fault. It is a natural flaw that only God understands. Don't divorce a good husband just because he cheated, don't judge a good man by his lack of sexual control, only the God that created him can judge him because he alone understands the battle he is facing in that aspect.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Elzazzi: 3:07pm On Apr 09
GanagiBitrus:
Stay off marriage if you are not ready to say "SORRY" even when you are right. smiley

So I should keep saying sorry even when she misbehaves? That's how these women see it as a sign of weakness and become so manipulative.
Total bullcrap.
Nobe only sorry lol

11 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by McLizbae: 3:08pm On Apr 09
Life no get manual... AmOutofhere
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by SouthSouth1914: 3:08pm On Apr 09
SweetBuns:
Best post I've seen on this forum this morning
Too good!

Best post of the year!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 3:13pm On Apr 09
gigabyte13:
I go nack my wife tire
I go nack her eeeehn
Mtchewwwwwwwwww
Marry first...
Nack go be the last thing on your mind
Bill go wan keeeeeee you
The Nigeria system and culture has relegate women to the kitchen as house wife, procreation object.
Women of old were satisfied with such position but today ladies and men has refuse to understand that things has changed alot.
That is why is easy to hear talk from commodity based ladies like "Can you take care of me?" , "Can you afford me?" .
And all the men thinks of is the bdsm style he's planning to experiment on her.
Nothing else lol grin

I have zero pity for whoever is in turbulent home.
They all claim to do the right thing but they didn't.
I will rather go for a resourceful toxic lady than going for a "Can you afford me?" Type of lady.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by meobizy(f): 3:13pm On Apr 09
Them use marriage swear for una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by GenFunction: 3:15pm On Apr 09
Jus no marry ozwor,otherwise no tip can save u.if e like make e be 1000 tips to a happy marriage...jus avoid ozwor
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Elzazzi: 3:15pm On Apr 09
zagorakis:

Nothing sweet una pass relationship and marriage talk

Especially one that seeks to give them advantage cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by StreetMedia: 3:16pm On Apr 09
maureensylvia:

Nice points

11. Find something doing, don’t relax to answer Oga wife, do something, bring something to the table

12. I learnt to keep quiet during argument because I know if I talk and he talks back, I’ll feel more hurt…
It’s not every fight I should fight.
later on, I walk up to him and present my case, we resolve.

Marriage isn’t work, it’s commitment jare
Mine is 9 years in marriage
I owe you...

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by jaxxy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09
I will say u are 80% Accurate
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Elzazzi: 3:18pm On Apr 09
MrNipplesLover:
This is why carrying olosho is better...

No drama, no bullshiitt...

Just pay her, put dick in her toto and bounce off to the next when u're done with her...

Nothing is attached to it, except the one that wants a return-match because of the way u treated her...

Even the rematch is well defined - get fvcked, get paid, then get lost....

No time for drama and BS...

May God help some of u guys...

Carrying different oloshos is expensive to run

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.