Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36488 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 8:44pm On Apr 09
safarifarms:

Pain who? The one who got angry at an innocent post and the one who's having fun, who is really pained?

I get man really made me laugh out loud. What does a man hater need with a man?

Modified:
I've had enough fun already sha. I may not have time to tease you more.

Have a nice day

You are crying more than the bereaved. No be by force to like you and NL resident demons. I no like una and I no fit ever like una. So if you like, cry from today till 2040, e no go change.

Choose your reasonable women. Goodluck to these women o. We are here observing them.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Advancedman(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim

The most important is for the Man to know his place same for the woman.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by maureensylvia(f): 9:37pm On Apr 09
Oshokhai69:

Are you happy? Please be truthful.

Marriage is a journey, and it has its ups and downs. But overall, I'm happy with my marriage and the life we've built together.
It’s not always easy but it’s definitely worth it🥰

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Verbtips(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09
Balablue64:
Marriage is overated and a scam.
post goodlady love to see
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by oweniwe(m): 10:19pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Women pls marry men you look up to. Women are drawn to some form of leadership and power. Dear man if you do not possess the one that fascinates the woman you are going for, you will share her eventually.

I totally disagree with this point.

Woman should learn to submit to their men, if she cannot submit to her man, let her go back to the street where different men will be passing her around.

Times have changed. We are no longer in the days of Nebuchadnezzar. Most guys these days just want to go out to hustle, come back home and sleep.

Any woman that is not satisfied with a simple man today, eventually Na Street go dey pass her around

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by PureFace1(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09
Elzazzi:

Carrying different oloshos is expensive to run

You think marriage or relationship is not more expensive ?

if you calculate the bills you will pay in relationship and marriage you will realize that it's not worth it for what you will get.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Fortune13(m): 11:03pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

My brother,
Your personal experience(s) in marriage cannot be an evidence that marriage is evil.

It's quite unfortunate that you view marriage with such lens.

One thing I'm sure of is that every marriage go through a season of tests. How you handle the tests have serious influence on the lifespan of the marriage.

Many are not prepared for the season of tests in marriage.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by jiz: 11:47pm On Apr 09
All your 10 points are good but none will help without THE G FACTOR OF GOD
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by UjuJoan2: 1:37am On Apr 10
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim

I agree with No. 9. A woman can never respect or love a man she has to provide for. She might for a short period of time, but if it becomes the norm you have lost her.

Most women don't mind having gender roles, what annoys us is when we have to provide financially and still have to play the role of a home maker all the time. Marriage, like life, has to be balanced!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by UjuJoan2: 1:44am On Apr 10
franchasofficia:
Like I said earlier you are right with your line of reasoning about the issue but then it is beyond your understanding because you are a woman and not a man.

You are talking about who gets more approached here but I am talking about natural instincts, natural phenomenon.

You think it is by women's discipline that even though they get more approached by different men for romance, still more women reject such approaches more than men?

It is by discipline that men chase women more than women chase men all over the world?

You think it's by discipline that a boy of 12 years starts liking girls and getting erection and start looking for a girl to hump while girls of his age are running away from boys?

You think it's by discipline or coincidence that Presidents, kings, Prime Ministers, male billionaires, male CEOs, Bishops, Pastors, Imams, etc spend so much just to entice girls to sleep with them but the female ones control themselves or do theirs in a more limited way?

It is by discipline that Queen Elizabeth remained faithful to her husband but her husband could not despite their status in the world?

It is by discipline that Hillary Clinton remained faithful to Bill Clinton but bill Clinton being US President with so much attention on him couldn't exercise same discipline?

No wahala

This is the way Nigerian men think. They think they were born to flirt and sleep with anything available. But the truth is that, most women think that way too.

But we live in a society where a promiscuous woman is seen as a wh0re and the same kind of man is seen as a virile man. So women restrain because they know the society is less forgiving of their indiscretions.

Have you met a girl / woman who has absolutely nothing to lose? Then you'll know men are women are equally sexually promiscuous.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 5:57am On Apr 10
PureFace1:

if you calculate the bills you will pay in relationship and marriage you will realize that it doesn't really worth it for what you will get.

What do you mean by ‘it doesn’t really worth it’? Is this what they thought you in your school?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by obotematics: 6:00am On Apr 10
Congratulations

My 15 years lesson, never trust a woman.
Don't let your in-laws in! They are haters
Never trust a woman
Dazzol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 6:00am On Apr 10
oweniwe:

I totally disagree with this point.

Woman should learn to submit to their men, if she cannot submit to her man, let her go back to the street where different men will be passing her around.

Times have changed. We are no longer in the days of Nebuchadnezzar. Most guys these days just want to go out to hustle, come back home and sleep.

Any woman that is not satisfied with a simple man today, eventually Na Street go dey pass her around

You marry a woman that is doing well in her career making same as if not more than you and contributing a significant portion of the finances to run the home and you expect her to submit to you? Because you are who? God?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 6:05am On Apr 10
franchasofficia:
Like I said earlier you are right with your line of reasoning about the issue but then it is beyond your understanding because you are a woman and not a man.

You are talking about who gets more approached here but I am talking about natural instincts, natural phenomenon.

You think it is by women's discipline that even though they get more approached by different men for romance, still more women reject such approaches more than men?

It is by discipline that men chase women more than women chase men all over the world?

You think it's by discipline that a boy of 12 years starts liking girls and getting erection and start looking for a girl to hump while girls of his age are running away from boys?

You think it's by discipline or coincidence that Presidents, kings, Prime Ministers, male billionaires, male CEOs, Bishops, Pastors, Imams, etc spend so much just to entice girls to sleep with them but the female ones control themselves or do theirs in a more limited way?

It is by discipline that Queen Elizabeth remained faithful to her husband but her husband could not despite their status in the world?

It is by discipline that Hillary Clinton remained faithful to Bill Clinton but bill Clinton being US President with so much attention on him couldn't exercise same discipline?

No wahala

What evidence do you have that Prince Philip was cheating on Queen Elizabeth?

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 6:15am On Apr 10
tollyboy5:

The Nigeria system and culture has relegate women to the kitchen as house wife, procreation object.
Women of old were satisfied with such position but today ladies and men has refuse to understand that things has changed alot.
That is why is easy to hear talk from commodity based ladies like "Can you take care of me?" , "Can you afford me?" .
And [b]all the men thinks of [/b]is the bdsm style he's planning to experiment on her.
Nothing else lol grin

I have zero pity for whoever is in turbulent home.
They all claim to do the right thing but they didn't.
I will rather go for a resourceful toxic lady than going for a "Can you afford me?" Type of lady.

Come which school you go wey dem no teach you say has and have/ refuse and refused no be the same things?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Elzazzi: 6:35am On Apr 10
PureFace1:

if you calculate the bills you will pay in relationship and marriage you will realize that it doesn't really worth it for what you will get.

You still have a point too
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Raalsalghul: 7:04am On Apr 10
Evolutionism:

This is just the Truth.

It's happening already. A lot of 30years plus guys and ladies still single.

Many of them are still waiting for their prince charminggrin

Or princess charming cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Raalsalghul: 7:09am On Apr 10
Evolutionism:

A wise street man doesn't need anyone to tell him Marriage is full of Baggages upon Baggages and it favours the female gender the most.

This doesn't mean marriage isn't cool and it wouldn't still stop most people from getting married.

I usually come across some married poor/rich men i'm older than by five or more years looking like they are my uncle lol. Some have grew gray hair. I will just be smiling in my mind.

Biology, emotions, social conformity are the driving forces behind marriage.

If you examine it from a rational perspective and apply some logical thinking, it makes little sense to get married especially as a man.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Evolutionism: 7:15am On Apr 10
Raalsalghul:

Biology, emotions, social conformity are the driving forces behind marriage.

If you examine it from a rational perspective and apply some logical thinking, it makes little sense to get married especially as a man.

Thank you my brother Raal🙏
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by femi4: 7:20am On Apr 10
Mindlog:

Honor your father and your mother.....then Ephesians 5:33 says: So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
If you are intelligent, you can see that the first scripture and the one you put here shows that you can give both honour and respect or honour and love to ANYONE

So rest this case forever
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Evolutionism: 7:23am On Apr 10
Raalsalghul:

Or princess charming cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by femi4: 7:25am On Apr 10
Evolutionism:

A wise street man doesn't need anyone to tell him Marriage is full of Baggages upon Baggages and it favours the female gender the most.

This doesn't mean marriage isn't cool and it wouldn't still stop most people from getting married.

I usually come across some married poor/rich men i'm older than by five or more years looking like they are my uncle lol. Some have grew gray hair. I will just be smiling in my mind.
The economy n culture put pressure on the man. Marriage outside Nigeria put less pressure on man

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 7:25am On Apr 10
Oshokhai69:

What evidence do you have that Prince Philip was cheating on Queen Elizabeth?
I am trying to find a direct source with names.

But you can also read from this https://time.com/5221353/prince-philip-queen-elizabeth-marriage/
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Evolutionism: 7:32am On Apr 10
femi4:
The economy n culture put pressure on the man. Marriage outside Nigeria put less pressure on man

Absolutely True..
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Evolutionism: 7:45am On Apr 10
safarifarms:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin

My brother let me Join you in this laughings.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by oweniwe(m): 8:11am On Apr 10
Oshokhai69:

You marry a woman that is doing well in her career making same as if not more than you and contributing a significant portion of the finances to run the home and you expect her to submit to you? Because you are who? God?

If she is as rich as Alakija and she cannot submit to her husband even if he is jobless, Let her go back to the streets and look for Nebuchadnezzar to marry her.

Simple.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 8:22am On Apr 10
oweniwe:

If she is as rich as Alakija and she cannot submit to her husband even if he is jobless, Let her go back to the streets and look for Nebuchadnezzar to marry her.

Simple.

How old are you please?

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by oweniwe(m): 8:53am On Apr 10
Oshokhai69:

How old are you please?

Age has nothing to do with it.

If a wife feels she is too big to submit to her husband because she is earning more money or because he cannot provide, then let her go and look for a man earning more than her.

Simple.

Man's life is full of so many things to sort. Woman should not come and add to his problems. If a woman feels she is too big to submit, leave her alone go find another woman who is willing to be submissive,.

Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by africaBlogworld: 9:19am On Apr 10
Learn to apologize.
grin
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by gaite: 10:12am On Apr 10
tollyboy5:
This is 60% trash talk.
Don't marry a lady from a single mother, if you should do be careful, they have a crazy ideology about life.

You're the provider doesn't mean you should kill yourself. Number 1 important thing in life is food. Once you can feed yourself, your parent and children and other billing are not compulsory but try attend to some grin

A wife’s role is to support and not to provide. The moment my feeding no longer becomes my husband’s problem, he ceases to be my husband. A man who is fking me must take care of me. He’s not entitled to free sex just because he paid bride price. He can as well collect it back and get the eff out of my life. The way I regarded sex before marriage is the same way I regard sex in marriage. Sex is sacred to me. You can’t be fking me kpa kpa kpa every night in the name of husband and expect not to care for me.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by ogbenimax007: 10:44am On Apr 10
maureensylvia:

Nice points

11. Find something doing, don’t relax to answer Oga wife, do something, bring something to the table

12. I learnt to keep quiet during argument because I know if I talk and he talks back, I’ll feel more hurt…
It’s not every fight I should fight.
later on, I walk up to him and present my case, we resolve.

Marriage isn’t work, it’s commitment jare
Mine is 9 years in marriage
Gof bless you n your home

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.