Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36483 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 10:52am On Apr 10
gaite:

A wife’s role is to support and not to provide. The moment my feeding no longer becomes my husband’s problem, he ceases to be my husband. A man who is fking me must take care of me. He’s not entitled to free sex just because he paid bride price. He can as well collect it back and get the eff out of my life. The way I regarded sex before marriage is the same way I regard sex in marriage. Sex is sacred to me. You can’t be fking me kpa kpa kpa every night in the name of husband and expect not to care for me.
S*x is not meant to be transactional. The culture of making s*x transactional has led some men to cheat unapologetically .
Because they could pay younger girls feeding money to have this same s*x.
Many women these days are s*x hawkers, the ones who called themselves ashawo are just being professional about it.
Many widow are s*x hawkers because they came to this life to be useless to themselves, and when the bread winner dies, their sense of entitlement is to look for the next man that will s*x and pay for their feeding, at this stage of their life some are after 3.
Only promiscuous married men is what they get and not young guys.
Infact no normal young guy will settle for less.
So ladies really need to add value to themselves, how can you come to this world just to look for a man to take up your responsibility?
How can a adult lady can't feed herself without a man lol.
That's so crazy, as for me I honestly don't understand.
How can you be a proud liability just because your spread legs grin
Don't you also enjoy the fun?
The reason why men will always care for women and children is because that's how nature made it. It's a pride to always protect those that rely on you, it's the same with many animals also.
But it's not an entitlement my dear.
What support are you giving to your husband when you can't even support your daily feeding?
Is it kpa! Kpa! Kpa! Support? grin
E go expire o! The younger ladies dey get more tight kpetus and twist on bed very well.. your husband go lose control when better babe give am style.
He go prefer to dey pay dat babe instead of paying you for expired stuff.
If sex is sacred you won't take it as an entitlement package to your feeding.
Please take care and add value to yourself, value no dey expire.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 11:05am On Apr 10
gaite:

A wife’s role is to support and not to provide.
I see, you registered just to reply me. I feel maybe you're facing similar issues in your marriage also.
Seek counseling plz
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by gaite: 12:09pm On Apr 10
tollyboy5:

I see, you registered just to reply me. I feel maybe you're facing similar issues in your marriage also.
Seek counseling plz

Assumption is the mother of all fckups.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by gaite: 12:16pm On Apr 10
tollyboy5:

How can you be a proud liability just because your spread legs grin
Don't you also enjoy the fun?
But it's not an entitlement my dear.
What support are you giving to your husband when you can't even support your daily feeding?
Is it kpa! Kpa! Kpa! Support? grin
E go expire o! The younger ladies dey get more tight kpetus and twist on bed very well.. your husband go lose control when better babe give am style.
He go prefer to dey pay dat babe instead of paying you for expired stuff.
If sex is sacred you won't take it as an entitlement package to your feeding.
Please take care and add value to yourself, value no dey expire.

I was going to reply this, but I can’t be bothered cos you’re slow.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 12:34pm On Apr 10
gaite:

I was going to reply this, but I can’t be bothered cos you’re slow.
You have nothing to say, God knows we both know
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by okerekingsley90: 12:36pm On Apr 10
Oshokhai69:

This comment has a lot of wisdom. But if I may ask, what if your wife ends up like Mrs Alakija and hits big time wealth. Will you continue to be the provider, especially when her tastes and those of the kids change as a result of her new found wealth? 🤔
This question eh grin grin
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by donmik: 1:07pm On Apr 10
Great post needed for the time we find ourselves.
Kudos!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Dminister(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10
The scaring part is when you realise you are having a bad wife. To divorce her, and to get married to a better wife becomes a problem because the next person might be the worst.

I have a wife who thinks a man should always have to provide in whatever situation. She doesn’t understand there are better days and bad days for business. When it’s better days she would spread to enjoy her life to the fullest, and during this periods she would adore you and have so much respect for you. We would never be having misunderstandings or stress about money.

The moment I start having financial problems for few months, I am being disrespected and thrown under the bus because she is contributing to the house despite I still struggle to provide 300k to run the house monthly.

If you have a wife that supports you and encourages in your bad days you don’t know what God has done for you. A wife that doesn’t complain and compares you with others outside. A wife that’s not blaming herself for making the decision to get married to you because she sees her colleagues and she feels they are doing better than her. Well I think Nigerian women of this generation are not for marriage. I have given up on Nigerian women. I have to try other African women for marriage

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by histemple: 1:14pm On Apr 10
C2Ok:
Some people did more than you wrote up there but still got letter of divorce.
Marriage just like Many other things isn’t for everybody.
There’s no manual or self help book because whatever works for me may actually destroy yours.

There is nothing like DIVORCE LETTER please.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by sweetkev(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10
Dminister:
The scaring part is when you realise you are having a bad wife. To divorce her, and to get married to a better wife becomes a problem because the next person might be the worst.

I have a wife who thinks a man should always have to provide in whatever situation. She doesn’t understand there are better days and bad days for business. When it’s better days she would spread to enjoy her life to the fullest, and during this periods she would adore you and have so much respect for you. We would never be having misunderstandings or stress about money.

The moment I start having financial problems for few months, I am being disrespected and thrown under the bus because she is contributing to the house despite I still struggle to provide 300k to run the house monthly.

If you have a wife that supports you and encourages in your bad days you don’t know what God has done for you. A wife that doesn’t complain and compares you with others outside. A wife that’s not blaming herself for making the decision to get married to you because she sees her colleagues and she feels they are doing better than her. Well I think Nigerian women of this generation are not for marriage. I have given up on Nigerian women. I have to try other African women for marriage

You are talking about my wife here. I already divorced her.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by C2Ok: 2:36pm On Apr 10
histemple:

There is nothing like DIVORCE LETTER please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3754508/best-divorce-letter-ever
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Dminister(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10
sweetkev:
You are talking about my wife here. I already divorced her.

Very good, and I am already on the path of divorcing my wife too. I remember she told me one time she doesn’t care if a man is cheating as long as the man is rich and he is providing everything for her.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by obrian888: 2:41pm On Apr 10
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

They should change your drugs if you are still using the former one, because it is obvious, it is no longer working, or see your therapist asap.
I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by sweetkev(m): 3:06pm On Apr 10
Dminister:

Very good, and I am already on the path of divorcing my wife too. I remember she told me one time she doesn’t care if a man is cheating as long as the man is rich and he is providing everything for her.
My ex wife said worse. Your wife still contribute sometimes right ? Mine can not even buy ordinary pad with her money despite the fact that she's also working. Not even a sachet water and she talks anyhow too. I warned her for years but she never took it seriously until I served her the paper. Now I have peace

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Dminister(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10
sweetkev:
My ex wife said worse. Your wife still contribute sometimes right ? Mine can not even buy ordinary pad with her money despite the fact that she's also working. Not even a sachet water and she talks anyhow too. I warned her for years but she never took it seriously until I served her the paper. Now I have peace

You did very well. I also gave my wife enough time to see changes in her behaviour which has now elapsed. Whatever she is contributing comes with insults and so much disrespect. The two years we have been together she contributed nothing despite her earning 350k monthly salary.

She only started contributing to the house the beginning of this year I started having financial problems. The 4 months she started contributing to the house is like hell to me, and I still manage to provide 300k monthly for the house yet I am being told I am not doing enough.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by histemple: 11:59pm On Apr 10
C2Ok:

https://www.nairaland.com/3754508/best-divorce-letter-ever

Please avoid saying "divorce letter" in the public. Writing a letter is not part of the process of a formal divorce.

When you hear things like "sign the divorce paper" you are most likely watching a poorly directed nollywood movie by a set of ingramous zealots.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Hassanmaye(m): 8:43am On Apr 13
tollyboy5:
This is 60% trash talk.

The problem of many Nigerians is bt living by the OP standard.
My advice to men is, when you're getting married please marry a lady you can control to some large extent if you're willing to also be faithful in deeds.

Don't forgive an unfaithful partner if you've been faithful.

Marriage is give and take, don't give when you're not getting and don't give what you can't afford to loose.

Don't marry a lady from a single mother, if you should do be careful, they have a crazy ideology about life.

You're the provider doesn't mean you should kill yourself. Number 1 important thing in life is food. Once you can feed yourself, your parent and children and other billing are not compulsory but try attend to some grin
Your second to the last advice is gold, single mums........... Hmmmmmm
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14
pocohantas:

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

You respect him
Honor him
and Worship him.

That is the complete package.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On Apr 14
franchasofficia:
Op you are right with some points and not entirely correct with some.

Men don't crave for honor, they want absolute respect from their wife. As a lady, respect your husband and he will cherish you, this can be called honor by some, but it all boils down to true and absolute respect.

If you want your husband to worship you and do whatever you ask, respect him, if possibly honor him if I am to borrow op's words. Stop dragging headship with your man, you are wonderfully made as a woman, you women are the flower of life, maintain your feminity, don't try to be a man.

As a man, whether you are living in Washington DC, London, Sydney, Cape Town, Seoul, Tokyo, Kingston or Casablanca, please if you want to enjoy your marriage and enjoy that natural respect from your wife, you must be ready to be the provider (financially, materially and otherwise). Don't copy western culture of sharing financial responsibilities 50-50 with your wife, if you do so, whatever you see in that marriage, take it and do not complain.

Women naturally are not created to provide, so in all your prayers as a man, always pray to God to keep you financially buoyant enough to take care of your family and manly responsibilities.

If your wife must come in, let it be partial contribution, don't mind all these small boys looking for a woman to cater for them, if you are a man, act like a man, provide for your family solely and let your wife assist when necessary and where necessary but don't ever share financial responsibilities equally with your wife if you want to enjoy your marriage. Take your eyes off from your wife's income.

Dear ladies, cheating is beyond every sexually active man's control. It is not as easy to control by men as it is for you ladies.

It is a natural fault. It is a natural flaw that only God understands. Don't divorce a good husband just because he cheated, don't judge a good man by his lack of sexual control, only the God that created him can judge him because he alone understands the battle he is facing in that aspect.

@bold:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Olorun daran!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:12pm On Apr 14
franchasofficia:
You are right, but then, you are a female, you will never understand the sexual pressure men experience when it comes to having multiple sex partners. Naturally, men have a default in that aspect but it can be controlled only through supernatural and divine intervention through strong adherence to spiritual guidelines and divine help, but if you think a man's desire to mate with more than one woman he finds sexually appealing can be controlled through self discipline and decision or for the love of the woman he is married to or dating, then you can go ahead and believe that.

I repeat, without spiritual/divine grace and strict adherence to spiritual guide and doctrines, no sexually active man can mate with just one woman for the rest of his lifetime, whether he loves the woman or not. Quote me anywhere, any time, any day cool

Then God must hate men because adultery leads to hell cheesy
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:19pm On Apr 14
ogawisdom:
Marriage is 50:50

Anything short of that you must totally submit to a man if he will be the sole provider.

Partial submission is allowed in a 50:50 marriage? cheesy
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Farfalla(f): 5:29am On Apr 15
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

May you find peace in your heart and healing in your soul.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Farfalla(f): 5:39am On Apr 15
#10. Most matters you take out to outsiders could have been resolved within yourselves. The people you are going out to don't have it any better. Your pastor is not a marriage counselor. Your friends are not the ones you got married to. Your parents have finished their job. Learn to communicate with each other, and resolve your issues.

I beg to differ.
Parenthood is a lifelong commitment that lasts until death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.