Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36489 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by saasala(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:
Op you are right with some points and not entirely correct with some.

Men don't crave for honor, they want absolute respect from their wife. As a lady, respect your husband and he will cherish you, this can be called honor by some, but it all boils down to true and absolute respect.

If you want your husband to worship you and do whatever you ask, respect him, if possibly honor him if I am to borrow op's words. Stop dragging headship with your man, you are wonderfully made as a woman, you women are the flower of life, maintain your feminity, don't try to be a man.

As a man, whether you are living in Washington DC, London, Sydney, Cape Town, Seoul, Tokyo, Kingston or Casablanca, please if you want to enjoy your marriage and enjoy that natural respect from your wife, you must be ready to be the provider (financially, materially and otherwise). Don't copy western culture of sharing financial responsibilities 50-50 with your wife, if you do so, whatever you see in that marriage, take it and do not complain.

Women naturally are not created to provide, so in all your prayers as a man, always pray to God to keep you financially buoyant enough to take care of your family and manly responsibilities.

If your wife must come in, let it be partial contribution, don't mind all these small boys looking for a woman to cater for them, if you are a man, act like a man, provide for your family solely and let your wife assist when necessary and where necessary but don't ever share financial responsibilities equally with your wife if you want to enjoy your marriage. Take your eyes off from your wife's income.

Dear ladies, cheating is beyond every sexually active man's control. It is not as easy to control by men as it is for you ladies.

It is a natural fault. It is a natural flaw that only God understands. Don't divorce a good husband just because he cheated, don't judge a good man by his lack of sexual control, only the God that created him can judge him because he alone understands the battle he is facing in that aspect.

You get brain no be small

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tochez24(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09
Kaido:
Men and women are different animals, not meant to live together.

Marriage is a charade, don't fall for it.

Lol, i understand your point my friend๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

But you see, some few girls are still virgins,homely, feminine and wife material๐Ÿ’ฏ

Don't allow the majority of whores you see around today both offline and online deter you from getting married.

When you marry a virgin homely girl, you will be glad you're married.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Anunakeeh: 3:21pm On Apr 09
Marriage is overrated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Gretalfreud(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09
One of the best reads on Nairaland!
I know because I have seen this.
A lesson for the folks intending to settle down. Pls, take a cue from this write up.

Let me add, that a responsible man who is not providing for his family feels like his pride/ego is been trampled upon. No matter the assistance from the wife or her relatives, you will still feel empty. So my one cent for guys, make some doe before settling or atleast have a job with a promising future.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by bitbillionaire: 3:22pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

@ the bolded: No, it's not soon. Men need to be WORSHIPED by their wives and they need it now! Respect, honour, worship they are all different degrees of the same thing.

A woman who cannot worship and reverence her husband is not a wife material.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by NairalandGOAT1: 3:24pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim

1. Make God the center of your marriage because he is the originator of the institution and he has the manual to help you stay happily married.

12. Love is not enough in marriage.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Anashe: 3:24pm On Apr 09
#1: Honor o, respect o, you can't force it if you're not living and leading by being a good or excellent example of a husband and father.

#10: If it is a case of abuse, please report him/her to an authority figure or to the authorities depending on how bad it is. Don't die trying to resolve an issue like physical abuse among yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 3:24pm On Apr 09
bitbillionaire:

@ the bolded: No, it's not soon. Men need to be WORSHIPED by their wives and they need it now! Respect, honour, worship they are all different degrees of the same thing.

A woman who cannot worship and reverence her husband is not a wife material.

Okay Sir. We are taking note. Once once, we would also drop sacrifices at his doorstep.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by safarifarms(m): 3:26pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

That was a new one to me. But I am taking notes and updating my OS. Hahaha!
I think OS update is not necessary for you. You should just avoid marriage for your wellbeing. Marriage is not for everyone you know!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Greystone: 3:28pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim

Words of Wisdom. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
This topic should be pinned to the Front page.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Greenfaces: 3:28pm On Apr 09
maureensylvia:

Nice points

11. Find something doing, donโ€™t relax to answer Oga wife, do something, bring something to the table

12. I learnt to keep quiet during argument because I know if I talk and he talks back, Iโ€™ll feel more hurtโ€ฆ
Itโ€™s not every fight I should fight.
later on, I walk up to him and present my case, we resolve.

Marriage isnโ€™t work, itโ€™s commitment jare
Mine is 9 years in marriage
My wife talks back. Even when she's wrong. And she likes to resort to emotional blackmail because she never treats issues objectively. It's three years now and I miss the days when I was alone. I'm already considering living apart from her, I'm only looking at the kids for now.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by MightySparrow: 3:31pm On Apr 09
I guess this is for marriage between Adam and Eve not between Adam and Steve or Ada and Eve.
gringrin grin
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by nams77: 3:34pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

That was a new one to me. But I am taking notes and updating my OS. Hahaha!
The ecosystem is dynamic. I know you know!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Idaytesj29(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim

Now, these are people that can give advise.
10 years, you are an Odogwu already. Wish you 50 more years of marital bliss.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Akalia(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09
Greenfaces:

My wife talks back. Even when she's wrong. And she likes to resort to emotional blackmail because she never treats issues objectively. It's three years now and I miss the days when I was alone. I'm already considering living apart from her, I'm only looking at the kids for now.
Bro, I am faced with similar experience but recently I employed the strategy of not arguing with my wife and I also intentionally cut down on frequent playful chitchat and quality time spending together. Being too available and too caring to a woman breeds contempt or see finish.
Create time to hangout with the fellas often. Let her miss the closeness she used to enjoy with you, na she go used style they find you come.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 3:39pm On Apr 09
safarifarms:

I think OS update is not necessary for you. You should just avoid marriage for your wellbeing. Marriage is not for everyone you know!

Give this advice to your sisters and the men that would marry them. They are people you see and know. You should have more thoughts for them. grin

nams77:

The ecosystem is dynamic. I know you know!

And everyone would be fine. To each his own.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Greenfaces: 3:42pm On Apr 09
Akalia:
Bro, I am faced with similar experience but recently I employed the strategy of not arguing with my wife and I also intentionally cut down on frequent playful chitchat and quality time spending together. Being too available and too caring to a woman breeds contempt or see finish.
Create time to hangout with the fellas often. Let her miss the closeness she used to enjoy with you, na she go used style they find you come.
that's what I'm doing. I used to discuss my business with her and all, but now I don't. I just want to concentrate on sending the family money and staying where I can have access to peace of mind. I don't go home till its late.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Almunjid(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

Your comment lacks a foundation in wisdom. It's important to recognize that personal experiences, particularly those from childhood or past relationships, can heavily influence one's reasoning and perspectives. Individuals who have endured hardships such as broken homes or abusive relationships may carry "psychological scars" that shape their views on marriage and relationships. These fลolish views, though they may seem like wisdom to them, often reflect unresolved issues. People like you could benefit from therapeutic support after such experiences, yet few of you seek it out. This neglect can have lasting impacts, not only on your lives but also on your parenting. Children raised by such parents usually suffer from one Psychological problem or the other.
In addition, self-awareness is often lacking in those who are struggling with your type of Psychological problems. I believe that "introspection" and "seeking help" can lead you to healthier attitudes, opinions and behaviors.

Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 3:42pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:

Dear ladies, cheating is beyond every sexually active man's control. It is not as easy to control by men as it is for you ladies.

It is a natural fault. It is a natural flaw that only God understands. Don't divorce a good husband just because he cheated, don't judge a good man by his lack of sexual control, only the God that created him can judge him because he alone understands the battle he is facing in that aspect.

Cheating is not beyond any HUMAN'S control. It was planned, deliberate, executed and covered up. Definitely not beyond the control of the supposed logical gender.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by benqo01(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09
Women don't love men,as a woman if you think you can love a man you are on the road self destruction.

Only a man is capable of loving a woman
What men want from every women is respect and loyalty that's all and everything falls in place

A woman cannot shame a man for cheating

But shaming a man for not being able providing hits really hard.

Men understand that women are only loyal to their feelings and not your sacrifices,don't go above trying to sacrifice for any woman.

A woman can only be loyal to their sacrifice of she knows has done much and invested in a man's life.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by LOVEGINO(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09
SweetBuns:
Best post I've seen on this forum this morning
Too good!
na where "men should be d provider" dey give dis one joy grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by benqo01(m): 3:46pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Cheating is not beyond any HUMAN'S control. It was planned, deliberate, executed and covered up. Definitely not beyond the control of the supposed logical gender.

Well we have heard cases where some said it was by accident ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and women make these excuses alots

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by bitbillionaire: 3:48pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Okay Sir. We are taking note. Once once, we would also drop sacrifices at his doorstep.

Why not. Just that the only sacrifice a man needs from a woman is her body, her soul and absolute submissiveness and surrender to his will. Nothing more, nothing less
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 3:48pm On Apr 09
benqo01:

Well we have heard cases where some said it was by accident ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and women make these excuses alots

And we all know it is lies. It is never by accident. They only say that when they are caught. Better to just apologise and pray your partner forgives. Don't try to make him look stupid by claiming accident.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by benqo01(m): 3:53pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

And we all know it is lies. It is never by accident. They only say that when they are caught. Better to just apologise and pray your partner forgives. Don't try to make him look stupid by claiming accident.

K

Now they even tag is ACCIDENTAL SEX ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 3:54pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

You are right, but then, you are a female, you will never understand the sexual pressure men experience when it comes to having multiple sex partners. Naturally, men have a default in that aspect but it can be controlled only through supernatural and divine intervention through strong adherence to spiritual guidelines and divine help, but if you think a man's desire to mate with more than one woman he finds sexually appealing can be controlled through self discipline and decision or for the love of the woman he is married to or dating, then you can go ahead and believe that.

I repeat, without spiritual/divine grace and strict adherence to spiritual guide and doctrines, no sexually active man can mate with just one woman for the rest of his lifetime, whether he loves the woman or not. Quote me anywhere, any time, any day cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Jewessgratitud3: 3:55pm On Apr 09
Marry in the Lord..I mean to a genuine child of God.not a pretender deceiving you just to get married. I'm talking about someone sold out to God, you don't need all this manual guide or tips because the true fear and love of God in you will reflect in that marriage and guide you both through it.

The love and fear of God will not allow you to hurt your partner or cheat on them.

It's only worldly marriages that experience all this nonsense because the persons involved are not regenerated and even if they apply this tips it wont work because it is going to be all faked.

Marry a worldly man/ woman at your peril.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 4:02pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:
You are right, but then, you are a female, you will never understand the sexual pressure men experience when it comes to having multiple sex partners. Naturally, men have a default in that aspect but it can be controlled only through supernatural and divine intervention through strong adherence to spiritual guidelines and divine help, but if you think a man's desire to mate with more than one woman he finds sexually appealing can be controlled through self discipline and decision or for the love of the woman he is married to or dating, then you can go ahead and believe that.

I repeat, without spiritual/divine grace and strict adherence to spiritual guide and doctrines, no sexually active man can mate with just one woman for the rest of his lifetime, whether he loves the woman or not. Quote me anywhere, any time, any day cool

There is no pressure men face that women do not face MORE. Most women are approached by way more men than a man would ever. In fact, any woman in a stable relationship or marriage would allude to the fact that men are attracted to kept women __ contrary to what we read online. They approach these women with so much aggression and energy, it takes a lot of DISCIPLINE and COMMITMENT to stay faithful.

The only pressure you guys face is the pressure that you can cheat and get away with it.

Nothing spiritual about it. It is simple discipline. If you don't want to taste a meat, do not cut it with your teeth. If you don't want to cheat, avoid situations and conversations that would give you ideas and direct you towards cheating.

Many times I get asked why I am almost invisible on visual social media (IG, TikTok) and it is simple, I don't want man troubles. 99times I might say NO, there might be 1 time I fall. If you start giving me the vibe of flirting, I caution you and cut you off if you persist. I don't need any divine whatever to know this. I don't even go to church. I just know I don't want to put him through that.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Proserpina: 4:09pm On Apr 09
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by OKOATA(m): 4:09pm On Apr 09
GanagiBitrus:
Stay off marriage if you are not ready to say "SORRY" even when you are right. wink
Say sorry for what. Imagine a father teaching his son how to simp. Sorry ko sorrow ni. If this is how you want to do your own marriage sorry guy I pity you. Already telling woman sorry at the slightest thing shows you are weak oga. Better kill this mentality cos it's bullcrab.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Honestey: 4:10pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:
Marriage is way overrated. As time goes on more and more men and women are going to stay away from getting married

In fact I'm afraid if anyone comes to me for advice about marriage,he is not ready to get marry because my advice will scatter every lies and fantasy he has about marriage

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by thesicilian: 4:24pm On Apr 09
okoroemeka:
what you say is your mind,in my area in imo state an unmarried man is looked on and regarded as a teenager ,no matter the level of your achievements,if you cannot manage a woman you are still a child in the eyes of everybody,infact it is almost impossible and unthinkable to be a man and reach 40yrs still single in my community ,the very essense of what a man needs the respect and dignity will not be given to you,even if you drive a rolls Royce Cullman.only by managing a woman can you prove you are worthy to be called a man
What you say I don't doubt it's true. Before it was all over the country, continent or even global to view the unmarried man as immature, irresponsible, or simply someone who's refused to grow up. But now you can only quote your community, and maybe for some others a few other places who hold that view. Doesn't that still prove my point that marriage is becoming less important in the modern day scheme of things?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.