Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36481 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by femi4: 6:13pm On Apr 09
Mindlog:

Wife respect your husband, a parent's honour can never be transferred to a spouse....a husband is the head of his home, while the wife's father will always be her father, her root.
It's transferable

Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
Romans 13:7
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by highchief1: 6:13pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim
been married for 10yrs too.e no easy.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Albertone(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Aren't you old enough to realise this is a forum and when you create a thread, COMMON SENSE would tell you that people would comment? I bet you are old enough to know this. The common sense part is the deficit.

Give yourself a break and acquire what you lack.

Trolls have affected your Nairaland mental health. You think everyone that counters you is out to exchange words.

I don't do e-fights.
If you wan fight me, make we pick location grin
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 6:21pm On Apr 09
Albertone:

Trolls have affected your Nairaland mental health. You think everyone that counters you is out to exchange words.

I don't do e-fights.
If you wan fight me, make we pick location grin

It is how you guys draw first blood and try to hide your hands.

Aren't you old enough to realize that to each his or her own? That's his view!
If another man comes and says it's not honor, it's now long suffering, that's his own view.

Give us a break!

The above was your post and you think I don't see you for WHAT you are? Boy move!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Emeka71(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09
SweetBuns:
Best post I've seen on this forum this morning
Too good!
I shall have you.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Albertone(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

It is how you guys draw first blood and try to hide your hands.

The above was your post and you think I don't see you for WHAT you are? Boy move!

Trying to let you know that different men have different demands is what you call drawing of first blood?

Na you sabi sha
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 6:29pm On Apr 09
femi4:
It's transferable

Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
Romans 13:7

Honor your father and your mother.....then Ephesians 5:33 says: So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by iamtoofan: 6:40pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

If God that created Man, commanded woman should to show "RESPECT" to Man... whats the confusion still about

Do women really marry for love cheesy lie make thunder do the needful

... there is a reason paternity fraud is rampant

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Jeferious: 6:43pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:
Like I said earlier you are right with your line of reasoning about the issue but then it is beyond your understanding because you are a woman and not a man.

You are talking about who gets more approached here but I am talking about natural instincts, natural phenomenon.

You think it is by women's discipline that even though they get more approached by different men for romance, still more women reject such approaches more than men?

It is by discipline that men chase women more than women chase men all over the world?

You think it's by discipline that a boy of 12 years starts liking girls and getting erection and start looking for a girl to hump while girls of his age are running away from boys?

You think it's by discipline or coincidence that Presidents, kings, Prime Ministers, male billionaires, male CEOs, Bishops, Pastors, Imams, etc spend so much just to entice girls to sleep with them but the female ones control themselves or do theirs in a more limited way?

It is by discipline that Queen Elizabeth remained faithful to her husband but her husband could not despite their status in the world?

It is by discipline that Hillary Clinton remained faithful to Bill Clinton but bill Clinton being US President with so much attention on him couldn't exercise same discipline?

No wahala
You were making some sense till you started your "You think it is by" rhymes.

My brother, anything wey dey man body, dey woman body too. Show me a male sex-maniac, and I'd tell you that there's a nymphomaniac somewhere who would put his seemingly high libido to shame if she's allowed to express herself fully and without judgement. And again, don't vouch for these famous women. Women can be very discreet when it comes to sexual affairs. Men, on the other hand, are very lousy

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Ijaya123: 6:47pm On Apr 09
Oshokhai69:

So the point of marriage is then what?

You have to define yours.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by zagorakis(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09
Elzazzi:

Especially one that seeks to give them advantage cheesy

You dey mind them, and nah still them go quick call men scum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 7:00pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Too many apples and oranges plus analogies in your post.

Men chase more women == Women getting more approached by men. The difference is both know the consequences of being caught.

12yrs old girls also start experiencing puberty and the zeal to explore. Why do you think we have teenage pregnancy?

Please quit the exaggerations. Faithful men (and women) would stay faithful. Cheats would cheat. We all know the difference between the two groups.

Cheating is deliberate and planned. There is no rocket science to it - MAN or WOMAN.
It's alright
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 7:00pm On Apr 09
Jeferious:
You were making some sense till you started your "You think it is by" rhymes.

My brother, anything wey dey man body, dey woman body too. Show me a male sex-maniac, and I'd tell you that there's a nymphomaniac somewhere who would put his seemingly high libido to shame if she's allowed to express herself fully and without judgement. And again, don't vouch for these famous women. Women can be very discreet when it comes to sexual affairs. Men, on the other hand, are very lousy
Okay
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by YourGFsnatcher: 7:03pm On Apr 09
DonDraper:

Chux Nnodim
Best thing I read on NL today
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by YourGFsnatcher: 7:05pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

Signs of failed parenthood

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by ThatFairGuy1: 7:20pm On Apr 09
These points are from experienced married woman.

Get married before we take your point seriously too
pocohantas:

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by safarifarms(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Give this advice to your sisters and the men that would marry them. They are people you see and know. You should have more thoughts for them. grin

And everyone would be fine. To each his own.
Why are you angry. I thought I was supporting you? I thought you don't like men and engaging yourself in marriage would be a sad experience for you?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 7:30pm On Apr 09
safarifarms:

Why are you angry. I thought I was supporting you? I thought you don't like men and engaging yourself in marriage would be a sad experience for you?

Na by force to like you? You no get woman wey like you for house? Are you thirsty for my love or the so-called good women in your lives are not enough? Face her and stop looking for love online.

ThatFairGuy1:
These points are from experienced married woman.

Get married before we take your point seriously too

I don't need you to take me serious. Stop overrating yourself, please. grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Kingson28: 7:30pm On Apr 09
[quote author=thesicilian post=129342493]Marriage is way overrated. As time goes on more and more men and women are going to stay away from getting married

Nobody is forcing or compelling you to marry.
Just stay away from ALL FORMS of Sexual Activities and Pleasures outside of marriage, if you don't want God to waste your eternity in the Lake of Hellish Fire forever and ever.
So, let's see how you keep your pree.k pure.
The challenge is on you.
Best wishes.
Jesus is Lord!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 7:30pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:
Op you are right with some points and not entirely correct with some.

Men don't crave for honor, they want absolute respect from their wife. As a lady, respect your husband and he will cherish you, this can be called honor by some, but it all boils down to true and absolute respect.

If you want your husband to worship you and do whatever you ask, respect him, if possibly honor him if I am to borrow op's words. Stop dragging headship with your man, you are wonderfully made as a woman, you women are the flower of life, maintain your feminity, don't try to be a man.

As a man, whether you are living in Washington DC, London, Sydney, Cape Town, Seoul, Tokyo, Kingston or Casablanca, please if you want to enjoy your marriage and enjoy that natural respect from your wife, you must be ready to be the provider (financially, materially and otherwise). Don't copy western culture of sharing financial responsibilities 50-50 with your wife, if you do so, whatever you see in that marriage, take it and do not complain.

Women naturally are not created to provide, so in all your prayers as a man, always pray to God to keep you financially buoyant enough to take care of your family and manly responsibilities.

If your wife must come in, let it be partial contribution, don't mind all these small boys looking for a woman to cater for them, if you are a man, act like a man, provide for your family solely and let your wife assist when necessary and where necessary but don't ever share financial responsibilities equally with your wife if you want to enjoy your marriage. Take your eyes off from your wife's income.

Dear ladies, cheating is beyond every sexually active man's control. It is not as easy to control by men as it is for you ladies.

It is a natural fault. It is a natural flaw that only God understands. Don't divorce a good husband just because he cheated, don't judge a good man by his lack of sexual control, only the God that created him can judge him because he alone understands the battle he is facing in that aspect.

This comment has a lot of wisdom. But if I may ask, what if your wife ends up like Mrs Alakija and hits big time wealth. Will you continue to be the provider, especially when her tastes and those of the kids change as a result of her new found wealth? 🤔
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by writeprof(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

Is this advice from your experience? Stop poisoning the minds of young folks against marriage. I believe you have women around you.

MARRIAGE is instituted by GOD. Many people fail in it because they either did not consult Him before entering into it OR they refused to put Him into the equation during the journey.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by nedekid: 7:35pm On Apr 09
Bros you try.
When you reach 20 years marriage, na 1000 page book you go write. Lol
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 7:41pm On Apr 09
Oshokhai69:

This comment has a lot of wisdom. But if I may ask, what if your wife ends up like Mrs Alakija and hits big time wealth. Will you continue to be the provider, especially when her tastes and those of the kids change as a result of her new found wealth? 🤔
and why will my wife become a dollar billionaire while I remain a pauper? Only a foolish, lazy, uncreative man will be in such shoe.

As a man, always pray to have enough to take care of your family's needs. If they then desire excess luxury because they can afford it, that is their own cup of tea. But I will make sure I take care of the basic family needs; shelter and more. We must live in the house I built or bought, we can't live in the house she built or bought, that can be our second home, but our primary family house must be built or bought by me.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 7:47pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:
and why will my wife become a dollar billionaire while I remain a pauper? Only a foolish, lazy, uncreative man will be in such shoe.

As a man, always pray to have enough to take care of your family's needs. If they then desire excess luxury because they can afford it, that is their own cup of tea. But I will make sure I take care of the basic family needs; shelter and more. We must live in the house I built or bought, we can't live in the house she built or bought, that can be our second hole, but our primary family house must be built or bought by me.

Please how old are you? Be truthful abeg..
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by ogawisdom(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09
Marriage is 50:50

Anything short of that you must totally submit to a man if he will be the sole provider.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by safarifarms(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Na by force to like you? You no get woman wey like you for house? Are you thirsty for my love or the so-called good women in your lives are not enough? Face her and stop looking for love online.

I don't need you to take me serious. Stop overrating yourself, please. grin

Lol. Who wants a frustrated man hater to like him? grin

God forbid.

By the way Nairaland is not a dating site to accuse someone of looking for love online. If someone is looking for love online do you think they'd chose you above all the reasonable ladies online?

Stop thinking too highly of yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 8:07pm On Apr 09
safarifarms:

Lol. Who wants a frustrated man hater to like him? grin

God forbid.

By the way Nairaland is not a dating site to accuse someone of looking for love online. If someone is looking for love online do you think they'd chose you above all the reasonable ladies online?

Stop thinking too highly of yourself.

You no want me, you come dey cry say I no like you? Ngwanu, choose the reasonable ladies na. I get man and you don't see me complaining that you and your kind do not like me. Wetin I dey use your likeness do? Women wey you like/chose, them chop life reach me? Reasonable ladies indeed. One babe would see it and feel special to be picked by your kind on here. grin

Abeg move.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 8:17pm On Apr 09
Oshokhai69:

Please how old are you? Be truthful abeg..
lol

late 30s
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by safarifarms(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

You no want me, you come dey cry say I no like you? Ngwanu, choose the reasonable ladies na. I get man and you don't see me complaining that you and your kind do not like me. Wetin I dey use your likeness do? Women wey you like/chose, them chop life reach me? Reasonable ladies indeed. One babe would see it and feel special to be picked by your kind on here. grin

Abeg move.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 8:26pm On Apr 09
safarifarms:

grin grin grin

E pain am...
One would think they have anything special to offer that one should aspire to be their definition of reasonable. I jump and pass. grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by safarifarms(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

E pain am...
One would think they have anything special to offer that one should aspire to be their definition of reasonable. I jump and pass. grin
Pain who? The one who got angry at an innocent post and the one who's having fun, who is really pained?

I get man really made me laugh out loud. What does a man hater need with a man?

Modified:
I've had enough fun already sha. I may not have time to tease you more.

Have a nice day
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by lalalista: 8:42pm On Apr 09
Mtcheew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.