Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36485 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 4:24pm On Apr 09
Proserpina:
grin grin grin grin

Yes no dey cause problem, Pina. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by thesicilian: 4:27pm On Apr 09
Gboom:

And single and cohabitating life is underrated?
I'm afraid so.

What are your personal experiences that makes you feel marriage is overated
If I start today there'll be no end.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Inspirer1: 4:38pm On Apr 09
Number 9 is very very important
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by chatinent: 4:42pm On Apr 09
Different men crave for different things. Some want love, respect, companionship, a legacy etc.

Shalom
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Humbleself1976(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09
No 9 Is very important. šŸ’ŖšŸ’Ŗ
DonDraper:

grin
Chux Nnodim
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Lifemanage: 4:52pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

Who is this?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Lifemanage: 4:54pm On Apr 09
Toks2008:
interesting.

The best marriage is not between two romantic people neither is it between two compatible people.

The best marriage is the one between two forgivers.
Better said
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Kaido: 4:54pm On Apr 09
tochez24:

Lol, i understand your point my friendšŸ˜šŸ˜

But you see, some few girls are still virgins,homely, feminine and wife materialšŸ’Æ

Don't allow the majority of whores you see around today both offline and online deter you from getting married.

When you marry a virgin homely girl, you will be glad you're married.
Such girls you described exist, but I am not interested in living with a woman that people gon call my wife.

I value peace of mind and money over a woman

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by jonsn: 4:55pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:
Marriage is way overrated. As time goes on more and more men and women are going to stay away from getting married

When you get married to the right person for you and you play your part rightly, you will know that marriage is not overrated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Wannabenz: 4:58pm On Apr 09
No 3. Is real,I would've divorced my wife within 3months and I'm glad I didn't take that route. Friendship abi relationship is not marriage.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by occfx: 5:07pm On Apr 09
Every marriage is unique, always find a way it works for both of you. Don't listen to anybody or any friend especially, parents inlaws. My 2 cents
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by ejieddy: 5:18pm On Apr 09
This is so very apt. Love the part you said nobody will hurt you more than your spouse and one's ability to forgive and love again will be key and tested. Truly, this is the ultimate test of marriage as many people don't pass this test. One must also be intentional about fanning the flame of love.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Rapture4real(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

Who do you? Don't use your frustration to frustrate others.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by kinkydude: 5:25pm On Apr 09
Nice.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by VULCAN(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09
It's wise not to take people seriously who always notice that tiny black spot on a large white board.

Almost always- they have major issues

pocohantas:

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Proserpina: 5:29pm On Apr 09
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 5:31pm On Apr 09
VULCAN:
It's wise not to take people seriously who always notice that tiny black spot on a large white board.

Almost always- they have major issues

Na your family problem be that, guy.āœŒļø

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by femi4: 5:31pm On Apr 09
Mindlog:
ā€œHonor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving youā€ (Exodus 20:12).

Na respect your wife owe you no be honour, na her parents get dat one. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Once she's under his roof, she's no longer under her father's covering.

The man assumed the position of husband and father, so he deserves both respect n honour
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by onlinestaff247: 5:33pm On Apr 09
Marriage is not a do or die affair.

Marriage is not compulsory.

If you can have your kids by crook or hook, fine.

Marriage can make or MAR you.

Any small mistake in marriage, you're a gunner who is gonna be filled with regrets.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Jeferious: 5:34pm On Apr 09
okoroemeka:
what you say is your mind,in my area in imo state an unmarried man is looked on and regarded as a teenager ,no matter the level of your achievements,if you cannot manage a woman you are still a child in the eyes of everybody,infact it is almost impossible and unthinkable to be a man and reach 40yrs still single in my community ,the very essense of what a man needs the respect and dignity will not be given to you,even if you drive a rolls Royce Cullman.only by managing a woman can you prove you are worthy to be called a man
That one concern una village people. Like my manhood is defined by my ability to manage a fellow human being like me?

Una still dey dark ages

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 5:36pm On Apr 09
maureensylvia:

Nice points

11. Find something doing, donā€™t relax to answer Oga wife, do something, bring something to the table

12. I learnt to keep quiet during argument because I know if I talk and he talks back, Iā€™ll feel more hurtā€¦
Itā€™s not every fight I should fight.
later on, I walk up to him and present my case, we resolve.

Marriage isnā€™t work, itā€™s commitment jare
Mine is 9 years in marriage

Are you happy? Please be truthful.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Stanislaus18(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:

Peace!

I understand you had a negatively bitter experience, but not all women are like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Oshokhai69: 5:45pm On Apr 09
Ijaya123:
For any marriage to work, what is required is
1. Kindness
2. Both partners have to be deliberate and intentional with their commitment.

All those love fantasies are just fictions.

So the point of marriage is then what?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pretydiva(f): 5:49pm On Apr 09
Toks2008:
interesting.

The best marriage is not between two romantic people neither is it between two compatible people.

The best marriage is the one between two forgivers.
How can I like this 1 million times kiss
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pappilo(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09
Savedday2:

Peace!

U sabi ball and can only be speaking from personal experience.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Gboom: 5:55pm On Apr 09
thesicilian:

I'm afraid so.

If I start today there'll be no end.
A virtuous woman is not easy to find but they are available.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 6:03pm On Apr 09
femi4:
Once she's under his roof, she's no longer under her father's covering.

The man assumed the position of husband and father, so he deserves both respect n honour

Wife respect your husband, a parent's honour can never be transferred to a spouse....a husband is the head of his home, while the wife's father will always be her father, her root.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by franchasofficia: 6:03pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

There is no pressure men face that women do not face MORE. Most women are approached by way more men than a man would ever. In fact, any woman in a stable relationship or marriage would allude to the fact that men are attracted to kept women __ contrary to what we read online. They approach these women with so much aggression and energy, it takes a lot of DISCIPLINE and COMMITMENT to stay faithful.

The only pressure you guys face is the pressure that you can cheat and get away with it.

Nothing spiritual about it. It is simple discipline. If you don't want to taste a meat, do not cut it with your teeth. If you don't want to cheat, avoid situations and conversations that would give you ideas and direct you towards cheating.

Many times I get asked why I am almost invisible on visual social media (IG, TikTok) and it is simple, I don't want man troubles. 99times I might say NO, there might be 1 time I fall. If you start giving me the vibe of flirting, I caution you and cut you off if you persist. I don't need any divine whatever to know this. I don't even go to church. I just know I don't want to put him through that.
Like I said earlier you are right with your line of reasoning about the issue but then it is beyond your understanding because you are a woman and not a man.

You are talking about who gets more approached here but I am talking about natural instincts, natural phenomenon.

You think it is by women's discipline that even though they get more approached by different men for romance, still more women reject such approaches more than men?

It is by discipline that men chase women more than women chase men all over the world?

You think it's by discipline that a boy of 12 years starts liking girls and getting erection and start looking for a girl to hump while girls of his age are running away from boys?

You think it's by discipline or coincidence that Presidents, kings, Prime Ministers, male billionaires, male CEOs, Bishops, Pastors, Imams, etc spend so much just to entice girls to sleep with them but the female ones control themselves or do theirs in a more limited way?

It is by discipline that Queen Elizabeth remained faithful to her husband but her husband could not despite their status in the world?

It is by discipline that Hillary Clinton remained faithful to Bill Clinton but bill Clinton being US President with so much attention on him couldn't exercise same discipline?

No wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tochez24(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09
Kaido:

Such girls you described exist, but I am not interested in living with a woman that people gon call my wife.

I value peace of mind and money over a woman

Lol no worries bro...
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Albertone(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

Aren't you old enough to realize that to each his or her own? That's his view!
If another man comes and says it's not honor, it's now long suffering, that's his own view.

Give us a break!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 6:11pm On Apr 09
franchasofficia:
Like I said earlier you are right with your line of reasoning about the issue but then it is beyond your understanding because you are a woman and not a man.

You are talking about who gets more approached here but I am talking about natural instincts, natural phenomenon.

You think it is by women's discipline that even though they get more approached by different men for romance, still more women reject such approaches more than men?

It is by discipline that men chase women more than women chase men all over the world?

You think it's by discipline that a boy of 12 years starts liking girls and getting erection and start looking for a girl to hump while girls of his age are running away from boys?

You think it's by discipline or coincidence that Presidents, kings, Prime Ministers, male billionaires, male CEOs, Bishops, Pastors, Imams, etc spend so much just to entice girls to sleep with them but the female ones control themselves or do theirs in a more limited way?

It is by discipline that Queen Elizabeth remained faithful to her husband but her husband could not despite their status in the world?

It is by discipline that Hillary Clinton remained faithful to Bill Clinton but bill Clinton being US President with so much attention on him couldn't exercise same discipline?

No wahala

Too many apples and oranges plus analogies in your post.

Men chase more women == Women getting more approached by men. The difference is both know the consequences of being caught.

12yrs old girls also start experiencing puberty and the zeal to explore. Why do you think we have teenage pregnancy?

Please quit the exaggerations. Faithful men (and women) would stay faithful. Cheats would cheat. We all know the difference between the two groups.

Cheating is deliberate and planned. There is no rocket science to it - MAN or WOMAN.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Apr 09
Albertone:

Aren't you old enough to realize that to each his or her own? That's his view!
If another man comes and says it's not honor, it's now long suffering, that's his own view.

Give us a break!

Aren't you old enough to realise this is a forum and when you create a thread, COMMON SENSE would tell you that people would comment? I bet you are old enough to know this. The common sense part is the deficit.

Give yourself a break and acquire what you lack.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.