Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (30962 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by donbenie(m): 3:46pm On Apr 09
Lance008:

Dem tell u say na for their family house
The guy is from north west but reside in Abuja
Una can behave lik say Na Una lik person pass and deep inside Na Una wicked pass
So he friends no fit organized party as a remembrance for field ?
They want to organise it in his residence and the family is against it..
Are you saying that they don't have the right to object against such?
A young man died in a very traumatic and tragic circumstance, respect the family's wish, it's that simple..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by CorrectionFLuid: 3:46pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

A wake keep and a DJ are two things that don't belong in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Pat081: 3:50pm On Apr 09
Why all this nonsense comment we should all know the part of the country they come from ,if it south west state they will never do that for 30 something yrs old man

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by blackgold2018(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09
Mhizshelly:
Dumbest friends ever.....a young man died...na dj una wan use....may God have mercy on you guys!
the op himself is dumb too for posting this.

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Miiirage: 3:53pm On Apr 09
Op, you didnt love the deceased more than his family. You mentioned he was from the North West and i can tell you as someone from the northern rlour culture and customs pertaining to funerals especially for young people are solemn events.

You and your friends refusing to respect his family's wishes are disrespectful to your friends memory and his family.

You even mentioned some of your friends planning to boycott his funeral and i shook my head. Just showed lack of empathy. Please if you guys intended to make a show of your friend's funeral, the best thing to do is stay away, let his family mourn in peace and rememeber the last rites they intend to pay their son they way they wish.

Why not contribute whatever DJ and party fees to his parents? Believe me they'll appreciate it more.

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by OlujobaSamuel: 3:54pm On Apr 09
This is not even about respecting family wishes, young person die, without offspring, you wan do party?
Don't want to believe all the friends sleep face same direction

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Femeto: 3:56pm On Apr 09
Leave the family to do whatever they want.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by LockDown69(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09
OP, you and your friends be werey! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by saintnegroid(m): 4:01pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?
are you sure you guys are not responsible for his death? Celebrating death? Why not contribute money for the family if you don't know what to do with money? This una arrangement is very suspicious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by trespas: 4:02pm On Apr 09
My condolences, guys in the northern part of Nigeria they do not celebrate death it is a solemn affairs calling for reflection n reminder to all that its a garment all must wear. So to d family it's strange what ur team is proposing
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Chicentt(f): 4:03pm On Apr 09
You and your dumb friends can't decide for the family. Which kind yeye friends una be?
Una well so? Even una think of hiring DJ.
shocked

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Babaibeji2020(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

So in your small mind Djs only perform at parties.smh angry
In your smaller mind....dude died a tragic death...let him rest in peace.
The family own him even in death...the rest of you patty organizers are "just his Bleep and tell at the nearest bar buddies"...
Brew,sexcapades,hook ups friends, nothing more.....
.....say no more,go and get the choir as demanded by who get dead bodi

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Christlike01: 4:06pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Why is it so difficult for "Others" to respect the wishes of the deceased's family members?! By the way,what exactly is there to celebrate ? I mean what do you need a DJ for ?!

The deceased family wishes must be respected!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Farmerforgoats: 4:06pm On Apr 09
All of you are mad, without exception.
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Treasure17(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09
Nigerians with their unnecessary show off. Is your circle of friends a cult group cause I don't understand this eagerness to throw inconsequential party. It's ridiculous and for your information, your friends decision does not in anyway supersede the decision of the family. When it comes to friends, I can be very picky and this right here is one of the reasons. All my friends get sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Objectivist04: 4:08pm On Apr 09
Just today I went out to the main road and there was this ambulance approaching with a loud siren. I was so angry within myself due to the loud siren, I wondered why someone will involve in noise pollution because he is conveying corpse and wished we were in a sane country.
When the ambulance approached, I noticed a video man sitting on the front door and videoing other vehicles that lined behind, then I took a look at the diseased poster and noticed it was a young lady probably in her early twenties and I kept asking my self ,

Why all these for such a young person, is the videoing really neccesary? who is going to watch the video, her heart broken parents or siblings ? Why do we put up so much celebration over a young persons death as if it is a celebration of life.

I think this is very wrong..The death of a young an unmarried person should be a painful and sorrowful one, not an avenue for parting .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BadBradley: 4:09pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

you still get mouth dey talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by donteebalo(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Arrange DJ and refreshment for your late friend’s funeral? He was less than 40yrs old, no wife, no kid! Hmmmmmmmmmm! May this kind of tragedy not happen to any of us 🙏

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Houseontherock1: 4:11pm On Apr 09
You guys are funny...DJ and funfair at such a sorrowful event and you guys are upset that the family is against it? You guys should just stay away, please

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Formation10: 4:17pm On Apr 09
Calling a dj is not a good advice all you guys need to do is to attend his burial to pay him last respect, after that you guy may use his frame picture and gather together to pay him friendly respect in a separate place

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 4:19pm On Apr 09
All of una for this thread dey ment, we will go ahead with a proper wake keeping for our late friend, that's what he would have wanted. We will use another venue if the family members continues to be unreasonable. angry
We don go plenty wake keeping together with him , his own won't be different
angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by IkeAbuja: 4:20pm On Apr 09
DJ in what supposed to be a candle night; its true people are just their with you for the fun not like they love and care that much but las las everyone go kpai and na the cup wey use measure for others Dem go use measure for you

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by LOVEGINO(m): 4:20pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

if this ur write up na true true. Na una kill am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 4:21pm On Apr 09
BadBradley:
you still get mouth dey talk
Who are you to shut me up, are you mad? >:
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by GreatVocalist: 4:26pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What village do you all crawl out from for fuks sake. DJ's are not always used during celebrations, or for playing loud music
who will do the lighting? Who will provide generator?
Who will bring microphones and speakers for the gathering.
Better shut it you don't have any sensible contribution to this thread angry
Don't twist things to suit your faulty assertions. It's obvious in this case what the purpose of inviting a DJ is for. You explicitly said they want to engage in partying and funfair. Will you sing and clap hands to party?

The idea of partying and having a funfair at a funeral is a pretty sick one. It's even worse that y'all want things to go your own way, and threaten to withdraw support if it doesn't. That's cruel, let the family decide how they want their son's funeral to be.

They said they only want something as simple as using a public address system and a choir to sing. Why is that a problem? It's a funeral. One can't continue to mourn, but people ought to be reasonable enough to know when to do some things and when not to. At this time, there ought to be sobriety and solemnization.

If una wan help, make una help. Just don't dictate for people because you want to help. You and your friends should be reasonable, please. The pieces of advice you've gotten here should make you reason with your friends and do what is right.

No one is mounting pressure on you people to help them, just don't dictate for them.

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by CrossRhodes: 4:27pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

You people should apply common sense and decorum and respect the wishes of the family.....na friend Una be not family.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by CrossRhodes: 4:28pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
All of una for this thread dey ment, we will go ahead with a proper wake keeping for our late friend, that's what he would have wanted. We will use another venue if the family members continues to be unreasonable. angry
We don go plenty wake keeping together with him , his own won't be different
angry
B
Everyone on this thread have common sense, you and your friends no be am.

4 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by greatseed: 4:30pm On Apr 09
Mhizshelly:
Dumbest friends ever.....a young man died...na dj una wan use....may God have mercy on you guys!
How are we sure his friends didn't kill him. May his soul r I.p

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by GreatVocalist: 4:30pm On Apr 09
Lance008:
See bro ignore the family
Mak everybody respect each other
You can do that in days intervals
Not all family are family
What the heck?

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by duncan511: 4:34pm On Apr 09
If this is the kind of humans Nigeria have, that means I give up on Nigeria, your death friend, don't have a friend at all

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Kobicove(m): 4:37pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What village do you all crawl out from for fuks sake. DJ's are not always used during celebrations, or for playing loud music

You came here to ask for advise, people are giving you the advise and stating their opinion and you're here cussing!

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by IamAsiri: 4:39pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

A sound engineer can easily do that without employing he services of a DJ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Couple's Wedding Reception In The Middle Of A Pool / More Wedding Pictures Of 2015 General Election Couple / Governor Amaechi's Brother Godferry's Wedding (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.