Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema (32428 Views)

NAMA Explains Why Some Airlines Are Avoiding Nigeria’s Airspace / Airpeace: Onyema On Board As Flight Attendant In Training (Video, Photo) / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by zagorakis(m): 6:23am On Apr 10
CrossRhodes:

And if he doesn't restart, Nigerians should continue paying exorbitantly on other airlines

You can't blame him, has he been on an airplane before? Does he know the price of air tickets
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by WorldRichest: 6:24am On Apr 10
mrvitalis:

Oga it's business compete or fold

The guy is saying nonsense
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by WorldRichest: 6:25am On Apr 10
agabusta:
It's good we have Airpeace competing with the foreign airlines.

But Airpeace should man up and stop all this victimhood.

These people just like claiming victim in every circumstance

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Father4all: 6:26am On Apr 10
helinues:
Toh

Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

Sebi some people dey talk say Air peace consulting other airlines na nonsense.

Oya now. Let the flight fee continues, win win for the travellers
you are an enemy of progress. So, you are happy that foreign airline are cheating your country people
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 6:26am On Apr 10
Father4all:
you are an enemy of progress. So, you are happy that foreign airline are cheating your country people

You are enemy of Air peace progress like Air peace itself
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Benwallt(m): 6:33am On Apr 10
Paraman:
The government must find a way to support Air Peace

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Which government? Na animals dey run government for ZOO o.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Father4all: 6:33am On Apr 10
helinues:

You are enemy of Air peace progress like Air peace itself
brainless

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Skyehigher1: 6:33am On Apr 10
Air peace please don't fear we are fully behind you please quickly order for another 30 air craft for better competition we stay behind you ojuwon ma Bo ni ..we Nigeria need to start traveling with air peace because without air peace in the aviation industry oloriburuku foreign airlines will always extolt us since
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Nauttyprof(m): 6:33am On Apr 10
mrvitalis:

Keep quiet. Don't you get the point. It's business as you said. So, you prefer that in the long run, you pay higher again?

I just don't understand how people reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Geovanni412(m): 6:34am On Apr 10
LegendHero:
The government needs to find a way to step in to help.

Either we also flood the market with multiple Nigeria airlines flying that route so they too can gang up, or government find a way to support Airpeace one way or the other.

I’m sure when these foreign airline success and Airpeace run out of capacity to deliver, they will increase the price back and we go back to square one.

Nothing is new

Nigerian businesses use the same tactics on newcomers

Try importing stockfish and selling at a lower price

They will send people to buy your stock on credit with no intention of paying you back.

After your stock is exhausted, and capital drained, you will have no choice than to be humble and run away or join their cartel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by lexy2014: 6:36am On Apr 10
LegendHero:

You are also right about this.

But I think Aipeace is bold for pushing it through without consulting them. He wouldn’t have been able to slash that price that much if he indeed consulted them..

Actions bring consequences. But I think he should have done a market research to see the effect of his action. So like that, he will have his checkup plan to counter these big airlines.

Government should step in and find a way to support one way or the other.

It is a win-win situation for Nigerians either way.

how will market research have shown the effect of his action?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by sonofsteven: 6:36am On Apr 10
agabusta:

You don't know business strategy

Just keep watching
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Centerpolefarms: 6:37am On Apr 10
Many of you will come on NL and start talking like Nigeria is your second county or a transit point. If you go to all these Airlines country and see how they treat their citizens you will know that naija deserves more from them but they won't because we don't complain and our travel a lot. I could remember when I was in Nairobi, Kenya. Their government increases price of ugali (Maze flower) with just 1 bob and the citizens boycott the product and also went to street to protest 🪧 and the price was dropped within 24 hours. If na Nigeria, otilor. Promote your country and buy made in Nigeria. He doesn't kill or bite.

Center Pole Farms
Eggs Production and Meet Production...!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Nauttyprof(m): 6:39am On Apr 10
agabusta:

I am sure if you know the real story of how this man has survived, you won't type this way again.

Did you hear him analyse how these foreign airlines operate? Many of their aircrafts are leased to them to fly while Air Peace purchased all the aircrafts used. There is a body or company in charge of leasing aircrafts to airlines but they never did the same to Airpeace. This man is trying to help us spend less on travel while paying a difficult price to make it possible, yet we as Nigerians will keep sounding the usual way till these foreign airlines drain us financially all in the name of travelling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by HALCYON44: 6:39am On Apr 10
Alex oyeoma is just learning in the business and now his indirectly seeking for government help. When we say the government made it possible sir piece some people are arguing. We dinitely needs at least 1 more airline out of Nigeria to help air piece cope in the market, to kill off the tension airpiece is going through.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:40am On Apr 10
Paraman:
The government must find a way to support Air Peace
Mr. Paramecium, u made sense Jez dis once!
cool
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Swallowurspit(m): 6:40am On Apr 10
Irrespective of your political affiliation, it is moral to support local business. Either isi agu or aso oke, ofe oha or efo riro, na pride of Naija.

Fly Air Peace ✈️

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ubox: 6:42am On Apr 10
seunmsg:

lol. So, why should I fly Air Peace when I can fly BA at a cheaper rate?

Only to pay ×2 or ×3 of that when Air peace is pushed out

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by zagorakis(m): 6:46am On Apr 10
Oshokhai69:

Please learn the difference between has and have. Our educational system has really failed our youths. What a shame!
Who English help, his message is crystal clear and that's what matters.
How much have you made from knowing the difference between has and have?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Fearyourcreator: 6:47am On Apr 10
LegendHero:

Either we also flood the market with multiple Nigeria airlines flying that route so they too can gang up, or government find a way to support Airpeace one way or the other.

I’m sure when these foreign airline success and Airpeace run out of capacity to deliver, they will increase the price back and we go back to square one.
Government for Una mouth ... Lolzzz
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by franugo(m): 6:48am On Apr 10
helinues:

The airliners are competitors not enemies. There are several ways Air peace could have gone about it.

Those foreign airlines also have a way of reaching out to each other. How did all of them just dropped their price if not that they might have consulted each other

Just like on the other thread, you are still yet to get the situation. Of course there are ways to reach out to all airlines, if customers can do it,i doubt other airlines will have any problem reaching the powers thay be in the company. The fact of the matter remains that:
1. The foreign airlines were charging us an arm and a leg cause they know how most Nigerians are anxious to leave the country and will pay almost any amount to do so
2. The foreign airlines were obviously making bastard money and are not happy with airpeace for bringing down the price to a more reasonable level
3. The foreign airlines will do whatever it takes to get airpeace out of the equation so they can go back to the former price they were charging or close enough to it.
4. Airpeace obviously do not have the pocket to challenge them by tanking losses the way the foreign airlines are doing now on the london route just to knock airpeace out.
I know most Nigerians are pretty cheap and will probably choose the least air fare i.e foreign airlines, a situation that will quickly force airpeace out of the london route, but once that is done, the foreign airlines will most likely go back to a profitable price level.
From everything up there, Allen's outburst is simply a call to Nigerians to stick up for him the way he stuck up for us by not following the foreign airlines in setting prices that are ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Pimine: 6:48am On Apr 10
LegendHero:

Exactly. The solution is very simple: Nigerians should shun those other airlines when possible and continue to fly Air Peace. The reason being that they don't care about us and are only reducing the prices because they want to frustrate Air Peace out of the market.

If they succeed, they will hike their prices again and Nigerians will pay through their noses.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Khyrvxjzy: 6:48am On Apr 10
garfield1:

How can you utter such

thats your problem, always tribal

am sure that guy is SE person because he supports obi and SE

but if you can't do business fold up
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Khyrvxjzy: 6:48am On Apr 10
garfield1:

He is always pro SE

what a shame
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Fearyourcreator: 6:48am On Apr 10
LegendHero:

You are also right about this.

But I think Aipeace is bold for pushing it through without consulting them. He wouldn’t have been able to slash that price that much if he indeed consulted them..

Actions bring consequences. But I think he should have done a market research to see the effect of his action. So like that, he will have his checkup plan to counter these big airlines.

Government should step in and find a way to support one way or the other.

It is a win-win situation for Nigerians either way.
Lolzzzz ...
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Fearyourcreator: 6:50am On Apr 10
helinues:

Bro, the foreign airlines have been running like a cabal in the Nigeria aviation industry, to break them , one needs to blend along, know their weakness before exploding.

Air peace wasn't patience at all, they just want to do everything gra gra
Dem wan do igb* to the world ... They don't see as a win fro Nigeria sef but their tribe ... Well ,God will see them through... I don't pray and love to see big investments go down ... I am not an ota aje

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by surgical: 6:52am On Apr 10
LegendHero:

Okay let’s paint a scenario.

—If foreign airline charges $2k for London route.

—Then Airpeace go to meet them and say, I want to start this route and charge $1k. What do you think will be their response?

They won’t agree and might say, no let’s do $1900 and Airpeace agrees, how does that favor Nigerians?

—Now Airpeace did it to $1k for example and those airline decreased their to $800. So at this point even if they come together to agree on a price, I am sure it will find a middle level of $1500.

Is it not a win win for Nigeria with Airpeace steps?
oga this,people you are discussing with don't have the interest of Nigeria at heart, its like they are foreigners, they always push for what will hurt Nigeria, they always make Nigerians feel they don't deserve anything but hardships and bad things, who does what they ask air peace to do if not someone that wants to work against his people, do you also noticed that this same people are the ones mouthing buy nija grow naija but suddenly then did not push that here,which would have been the comparative advantage of Airpeace and Nigeria
But this people are evil as the government they support
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Beverlyjean(f): 6:53am On Apr 10
helinues:
Toh

Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

Sebi some people dey talk say Air peace consulting other airlines na nonsense.

Oya now. Let the flight fee continues, win win for the travellers

U guys are very sick ...very very sick
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by zagorakis(m): 6:56am On Apr 10
franugo:

Just like on the other thread, you are still yet to get the situation. Of course there are ways to reach out to all airlines, if customers can do it,i doubt other airlines will have any problem reaching the powers thay be in the company. The fact of the matter remains that:
1. The foreign airlines were charging us an arm and a leg cause they know how most Nigerians are anxious to leave the country and will pay almost any amount to do so
2. The foreign airlines were obviously making bastard money and are not happy with airpeace for bringing down the price to a more reasonable level
3. The foreign airlines will do whatever it takes to get airpeace out of the equation so they can go back to the former price they were charging or close enough to it.
4. Airpeace obviously do not have the pocket to challenge them by tanking losses the way the foreign airlines are doing now on the london route just to knock airpeace out.
I know most Nigerians are pretty cheap and will probably choose the least air fare i.e foreign airlines, a situation that will quickly force airpeace out of the london route, but once that is done, the foreign airlines will most likely go back to a profitable price level.
From everything up there, Allen's outburst is simply a call to Nigerians to stick up for him the way he stuck up for us by not following the foreign airlines in setting prices that are ridiculous
You are smart. Don't mind those bigots
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by CCIA: 6:57am On Apr 10
mrvitalis:

this is what is called Guerrilla war in business grin

Owner of Air peace should know that Nigerians are no fools to fall for this.

if foreign Airlines are under pricing, the said foreign airlines iwon’t be able to keep up for long since they will be operating at a loss. cool

all we want is the absence of monopoly and fierce competition as long as it will keep prices low for Nigerians to comfortably afford. cool
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by boxypane(m): 6:58am On Apr 10
mrvitalis:

You still don't understand the difference between a countries pride and finance.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by RandomFellow: 6:58am On Apr 10
blacknp:
Jehovah is a witness, I had to check properly to see if it was the same MrVitalis, or the account had been hacked.

Na LegendHero shock me pass. I'm loving what I see on this topic. Legend dey on opposite side with Helinues. Freestuffng bring fact come out. MrVitalis spoke against an Igbo man while Legend supported him. Omo... Many things are happening

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria / A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.