Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema (32147 Views)

NAMA Explains Why Some Airlines Are Avoiding Nigeria’s Airspace / Airpeace: Onyema On Board As Flight Attendant In Training (Video, Photo) / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Oshokhai69: 8:46am On Apr 10
Pimine:

Exactly. The solution is very simple: Nigerians should shun those other airlines when possible and continue to fly Air Peace. The reason being that they don't care about us and are only reducing the prices because they want to frustrate Air Peace out of the market.

If they succeed, they will hike their prices again and Nigerians will pay through their noses.

Nigerian youths and their foolishness. Oya drop MTN and Airtel and only use Glo to show how patriotic you are. Nonsense!
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by survival1(m): 8:52am On Apr 10
We should try to support Airpeace if not we will pay for it multiple times. The foreign companies know that Nigerians prefer cheap things over quality so they will bring down their prices with zero quality services to frustrate Airpeace out of business after which they will increase their prices again.

Case study is Dangote. After frustrating other competitors out of the market with price reduction, he skyrocketed the prices of same products.

For example, cement was between 1800 to 2500. He reduced his own to 1500 and people started rushing his cement but now ask yourselves how much is cement?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ugodson(m): 8:54am On Apr 10
mrvitalis:

Oga it's business compete or fold

From your reply i am guessing you dont fly or tou have NEVER,when you start like in and out of the country like twice. I bet you, you will edit this shit you wrote here
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by gotousa2013: 8:54am On Apr 10
Airpiece should have known better. How can a new entrant into a route be calling the shots on prices ? And how far low can he go ? Of course the big ones will come lower and lower. He should learn what is happening to flair air in Canada . Cheap flights has never been sustainable in the long-run . U need to charge the right price to stay profitable.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by 004gist: 8:55am On Apr 10
ryloy:
Yes, that is how businesses work, Competition is good for Nigerians

There are bad competition
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by olerone: 8:59am On Apr 10
If airpeace is unable to cope with the price adjustments' of other competitors and its stops operations, you can be sure in the immediate future e.g within one year of airpeace been out of the market, the other competitors will increase their prices back.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by CrossRhodes: 8:59am On Apr 10
blacknp:
Ok na only air peace can give us low air fares to The UK abi, other airlines have given us lower rates than his, you have started complaining, soon as usual, you will bring in tribalism, & blame Tinubu.
Who is this thing?
Fall out from here

Other airlines giving you lower rates as soon as airpeace entered the fray doesn't tell you they have been fleecing you?

Are you this daft or what? No common sense here?

Look at someone that wants to argue

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Christistruth00: 8:59am On Apr 10
What Air peace and Onyeama should do is copy what Nigerian Airways did back in the 90s
and Double the luggage allowance

Nigerians will buy your tickets over foreign Airlines for the sake of the luggage allowance alone

Nigerians can pack load for all of Africa
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by CrossRhodes: 9:00am On Apr 10
Christistruth00:

What Air peace and Onyeama should do is copy what Nigerian Airways did back in the 90s
Double the luggage allowance

Nigerians will buy your tickets over foreign Airlines for the sake of the luggage allowance alone

Nigerians can pack load for Africa
Nice one but they have to compare with the type of plane and the payload it can safely carry, or else some nigerians go pack 300kg worth of goods

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by CrossRhodes: 9:07am On Apr 10
survival1:
We should try to support Airpeace if not we will pay for it multiple times. The foreign companies know that Nigerians prefer cheap things over quality so they will bring down their prices with zero quality services to frustrate Airpeace out of business after which they will increase their prices again.

Case study is Dangote. After frustrating other competitors out of the market with price reduction, he skyrocketed the prices of same products.

For example, cement was between 1800 to 2500. He reduced his own to 1500 and people started rushing his cement but now ask yourselves how much is cement?
Is.this not what I have tried to explain here but some clowns are already saying I'm complaining
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by descartes400: 9:07am On Apr 10
helinues:

In business, you put the prosperity of your business first before the consumers..

Air peace should have known from the start that they can't compete with those foreign airlines whether monetarily or by connection, why starting something can't finish when him no be Finidi George?

I guess you have been vindicated!

You were called unprintable names. Air peace had wanted to unilaterally arrogate to his business by initiating a price war but the "others' said well two can play the game..so let the game begins!

You slap person for face, the person retaliate with him own slap, your teeth remove, you come dey complain?

I didn't see MTN complaining when Glo decided to crash prices of sim, MTN did the needful to remain in business, the rest is history today.

The Nigerian government should in no way intervene in this matter...should only intervene if prices are highly astronomical beyond the reach of consumers.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Christlike01: 9:14am On Apr 10
wizelink:

Oga Did you say the same thing to Dangote? For how long has FG bled Nigerians because of Dangote? Why didn't FG create a level playing ground for all businesses that want to compete with Dangote? Why can't the same FG give the same treatment to air peace?

That's the useless tribal/religious politics we over everything. If Air peace were to be North westerner, your guess is as good as mine what would had been happening to the said air line.

"What exactly do you want the FG to do, barring foreign airlines from doing business in Nigeria because of Airpeace? People like you are the main problems of the Igbo; you just don't realize it.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by riverbird: 9:14am On Apr 10
AmotekunSW:

That guy is your fellow Igbo. Not everyone who talks against what you stand for does so out of bigotry. Use your brain for once.

Oga that guy is Yoruba he goes by the name biodun, been long I have known him.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by holaruc(m): 9:20am On Apr 10
ryloy:

Nigeria government needs to support Airpeace substantially and Nigeria people have to do so patrioticly for instance we pay 3m before Airpeace reduced it to 1m, I won't mind using Airpeace at 1m than a foreign flight of 800k cos I don't see any sincerity there why have they not been flying 800k all this while?? They got be served what they truly deserve... Mind you most foreign flight are being supported and sustained by their government with full chest
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by BreconHills(m): 9:23am On Apr 10
helinues:

My point is, the foreign airlines are pulling strings in Nigeria aviation through Nigerians

Yes but this is a minor point that FGN can deal with in one day.

More important is the way airlines purchase aircraft - their largest capittal asset. If Airpeace is having to buy his planes outright or wetlease them then is a large drag on its finances. Most of the international airlines run dry leases with confessional rates straight ftom the manufacturer.

Nigeria needs to move fast to remove Nigeria from the aircraft financing red list. We need to pass a law that makes it difficult or impossible for trade creditors to seize dry leased planes etc.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Lexusgs430: 9:26am On Apr 10
It's a win win, for customers .......😁😜
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by descartes400: 9:27am On Apr 10
Goke7:
I wish Allen Oyeama well but he should talk less and strategise more.

You can’t be opposing National carrier and foreign airlines the same time, pick your battles wisely.

I find it irritating that Air peace will be opposing National carrier because he doesn't want a competitor from the same locality for international route. I find that very unpatriotic! On what ground can he now appeal to the patriotic sentiments of Nigeria to patrionise is airline against the foreign ones?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by edungene7: 9:28am On Apr 10
helinues:
Toh

Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

Sebi some people dey talk say Air peace consulting other airlines na nonsense.

Oya now. Let the flight fee continues, win win for the travellers
You lack common sense
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Growing(m): 9:28am On Apr 10
This is jungle fight.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by descartes400: 9:28am On Apr 10
seunmsg:

President Bola Tinubu will not subsidize ticket for anyone flying to London or anywhere else. If Air Peace can’t appeal to the patriotic sentiments of Nigerians to stick with them irrespective of price, they will be pushed out of the route. There is no two ways about it.

I find it irritating that Air peace will be opposing National carrier because he doesn't want a competitor from the same locality for international route. I find that very unpatriotic! On what ground can he now appeal to the patriotic sentiments of Nigeria to patrionise is airline against the foreign ones?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by WINDSOW(m): 9:30am On Apr 10
mrvitalis:

Why should they
Why shouldn't they?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by wizelink(m): 9:30am On Apr 10
Christlike01:

"What exactly do you want the FG to do, barring foreign airlines from doing business in Nigeria because of Airpeace? People like you are the main problems of the Igbo; you just don't realize it.
He should receive same measure given to his fellow citizen.

I know your type, who don't even know when his country is facing issues because of hypocrisy. Your type should be kept in the abyss.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by edungene7: 9:33am On Apr 10
agabusta:
It's good we have Airpeace competing with the foreign airlines.

But Airpeace should man up and stop all this victimhood.
You think everything is politicking where were you and yr uselessness government when Nigerians were paying through their nose same way glo crashed MTN price but your type continued to patronize MTN over glo today MTN is sponsoring the south African league why yours is looking for sponsorship

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by wizelink(m): 9:33am On Apr 10
AmotekunSW:

That foolish Onyema opened his big mouth and said his own country stood against him, just less than a month ago. Now, you want the government to protect him.
This is the same man that achieved more in this government more than he achieved in the last 7 years.
Have you forgotten how Obidients took over his narrative and were insulting the President and Minister of Aviation?
I hope the government overlooks his stupidity and find a way to help him.
Foolish!!!. It's a pity
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ajog1: 9:37am On Apr 10
Goke7:
I wish Allen Oyeama well but he should talk less and strategise more.

You can’t be opposing National carrier and foreign airlines the same time, pick your battles wisely.
Pls, how did he oppose a national carrier?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by egoldman(m): 9:38am On Apr 10
helinues:
Toh

Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

You have a very dark soul.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Hogwarthtrades: 9:42am On Apr 10
At this point, Airpeace should fight as dirty as they can to put this cartel like foreign airlines in their rightful place. It's high time Airpeace restructure it's marketing/ sales team, they need to use the power of Strategic NAtional ad campaign at reasonable cost for priority route they ply (easy to get hold of frequent flyers home and diaspora through their favourite celebrities and travel influencers) for the next 24- 36 months... Flood all Social and main stream media with ad campaigns (mixture of catchy ads for kids and expose political type ads to show what the foreign airlines are doing) .

The race to the bottom should be done sensibly else it will end of biting Airpeace in the butt. Hopefully the FG can look into Aviation industry incentive to keep our local airlines competitive.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by egoldman(m): 9:42am On Apr 10
helinues:

Bro, the foreign airlines have been running like a cabal in the Nigeria aviation industry, to break them , one needs to blend along, know their weakness before exploding.

Air peace wasn't patience at all, they just want to do everything gra gra

Keep hating, airpeace will succeed.
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:47am On Apr 10
DenreleDave:

This is what vitalis against onyema

Imagine if helinues has said this, some stupid trolls would have been insulting him...

how far
have you eaten ewa goin today ?
Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 9:48am On Apr 10
Prigidypogodo:
how far
have you eaten ewa goin today ?

Stop sounding too slow

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Father4all: 9:49am On Apr 10
Sapasenator:

That is not good bro!

Helinues is not brainless just that he has never been on a plane so it dosen't concern him what happens to our airline industry.

I am surprised he is even contributing for plane matta.

Make we learn not to insult each other and try understand where Helinues is coming from.
SORRY

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Features Of Akwa Ibom New International Airport Terminal Building / FRSC Officers Cause Accident In Ibadan, 3 Dead (Photos) / [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.