Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine (54959 Views)

Bobrisky Jailed As Portable Arrive South Africa With His Wife / Logo Benz: Olamide Should Be Jailed For Appalling Lyrics ~ Man / Sauce Kid Released After Being Jailed For Fraud In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by mrLhanray(m): 1:16pm On Apr 12
Indispensable85:
The government is sending a strong message to his contemporaries. The publicity of their rubbish was becoming too much. It's not because he sprayed money. Thanks to VDM and others that put him in the spotlight. It was going out of hand already.

They didn't send any message across
Convicted for Naira abuse, not cross dressing or homo sexuality?
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by judedwriter(m): 1:18pm On Apr 12
6 months in prison isn't a joke...

But l am sure because of massive societal followership, the authorities will make his stay as comfortable as possible.

The big question is will he return to to his transgender lifestyle or live a normal man as his birth certificate indicates?? 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Theoarhics: 1:18pm On Apr 12
Bobrisky bearbear go grow well now.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by kals4luv990(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12
ZACHIE:
Mental reset exercise .
When is Portable getting his own dose?
They should serve together in the same jail.
The fight go sweet die
you should be thanking portable for this moment

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Amalekki: 1:20pm On Apr 12
Bros, you better get the indirect message before it's too late.

mrLhanray:

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Villa12(m): 1:21pm On Apr 12
Jayhome24:

Oh my God!!!

Why are you these lousy and abusive? Do I even talk to you or quoted you?

It is laziness that is killing you not politician so your future, your generation future and your born and unborn child or children life will be eaten up by politician goodluck to you Mr lousy mouth...

pele o Mr hardworking.
Suffering and smiling gang
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by callmenazarene: 1:22pm On Apr 12
Lagos mummy, why nah. This period is strictly for your reconciliation with God. Don't miss it.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Truvelisback(m): 1:23pm On Apr 12
Shikena:
1 - It depends on your personal definition of "unfair".
2 - Murder is not 6 month sentence.
3 - You seem or tried to sound knowledgeable about the law, what is the position of the law on Naira abuse?
4 - What law did Bobrisky plead guilty to prior to the judgment?
5 - What are the legally defined penalties for that law?

l only used the word "murder" to stress or illustrate that the offence he allegedly committed isn't as that serious for fine not to be accepted or be given 6 month sentence. There is more it than Just the spray of money 💰.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Dsimmer: 1:25pm On Apr 12
This is rubbish. Useless selective judgement can't stand until the efcc equally arrest the northern politicians who were seen spraying money in a clip! Because without that, that's tantamount to discrimination and shows that the efcc are hypocritical criminals. What kind of nonsense is that?

Is that even the job of Efcc? What has been done to The several politicians who are looting the country dry such as Halima, Buhari and his nephew etc who looted the country dry? The efcc are just disgracing themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Empresa: 1:25pm On Apr 12
This is unfair. Many people spray money at events but non have been arrested or convicted. He is a cross dresser but he shouldn't be jailed because of spraying money, something many people do at an event and get away with it. A fine should have been ok
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Judolisco(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12
lawyer:
Ah!

The lawyer who advised him or her or himshe to plead guilty on the day he or she or himshe was arraigned must be investigated. The lawyer did Bobrisky dirty. All Himshe would have done was plead not guilty, obtain bail conditions, be set free and negotiate with EFCC to withdraw the case and serve community work. NDLEA did it for Naira Marley, so why couldn't they do the same thing for Bobrisky?

I am not a fan of Bobrisky and his clout-chasing antics but this is not fair on him or her or himshe. 6 months as a transgender in a Nigerian prison is going to be tough for him or her and I hope they don't injure or kill him there.
iswr himshe or shehim go learn for prison
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Babangidapikin: 1:26pm On Apr 12
GreatOchuks:

After pleading guilty?
Will only be shooting himself on the foot , before the Appeal will be over and Judgement delivered , that 6 months would be over long ago .
You de whine goffment?
He did right pleading guilty , he won't waste the courts time or resources.. but I think the judiciary want to proof a point with him because now we have to determine which prison cell to hold him , a male cell or a female cell ..I think the NCS need to create a binary cell pending the appeal ..and I hope it won't need legislative approval .

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Aklee4994(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12
nony43:
No na this is too harsh, our Lagos mommy. Will they put her in a female prison? If she leaves there here brain go reset.
That y dem Dey call there correctional center bruh 😎

Bobrisky must grow beard before coming out from this palava

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by bitbillionaire: 1:27pm On Apr 12
Op, point of correction: the title of this post should be

"Best Dressed Woman in Nigeria Jailed for Six Months."

Kindly make the amendment.

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Kusu12: 1:27pm On Apr 12
If this guy were to be from the other tribe, wailing and name calling would have taken over social media by now.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Apr 12
Not a Bobrisky fan ..... but that's discrimination. Sooo many others including politicians and celebrities been spraying Naira .... why is Bobrisky singled out to be charged for "Naira Abuse" .... convicted and sentenced without the option of a fine? What does the law state? ... and must the sentence be so harsh? Daylight witch hunt.

His lawyer described ehmmm .... the accused as a she ..... did the court agree? Hmmm..... if sent to male prison ... lamb to the slaughter.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by seunlayi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 12
edogu:

Have you seen anyone punished for abuse of naira? Why Bobrisky? There're so many videos on YouTube of celebrities abusing the naira. Why is EFCC interested in this case? Why is EFCC not arresting politicians who are equally guilty of the same offence? You see why I used the word ' scapegoat'. They just want clip his or her wing since they can't nail her for cross-dressing.

Mind you, there was no option for fine.
Many posters here are full of sentiment. Our hatred for bobrisky is what they are showcase while neglecting the facts you brought up. This is an offence many people are guilty of including.......mmmmmm. let me stop here.
Olopa ma ko everybody laslas

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by 7arrows: 1:30pm On Apr 12
ZACHIE:
Mental reset exercise .
When is Portable getting his own dose?
They should serve together in the same jail.
The fight go sweet die

U r wicked o. U wan make portable kill person?
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by seunlayi(m): 1:30pm On Apr 12
Originalsly:
Not a Bobrisky fan ..... but that's discrimination. Sooo many others including politicians and celebrities been spraying Naira .... why is Bobrisky singled out to be charged for "Naira Abuse" .... convicted and sentenced without the option of a fine? What does the law state? ... and must the sentence be so harsh? Daylight witch hunt.

His lawyer described ehmmm .... the accused as a she ..... did the court agree? Hmmm..... if sent to male prison ... lamb to the slaughter.
Thank you for this
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by pipnator00(m): 1:30pm On Apr 12
For anyone who cared to reason, the govt have succeeded in putting this guy out of circulation.
He was threading STRONGLY on a VERY SENSITIVE topic which borders on the RIGHTS OF THE LGBTQ community. And the govt of the day cant afford such distraction/diversion with the international communities (Western world) especially when they are the ones buttering your bread.

***Until you understand that govts all over the world operates like gangsters and their enforcers, the police, army, SSS, CIA, FBI, court judges and legislators are there to ensure you comply. Only when you understand this, will you understand what happened to bobrisky!

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Heavensent01(m): 1:30pm On Apr 12
Jaling bobrisky for naira inappropriate and ignoring politicians with corrupt cases shows how one sided Nigeria justice is

We hope one day, there will be equal justice for all
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Oghene86: 1:31pm On Apr 12
Wainey:
So will he be in men ward or female ward?

If he stays with the women, they might rape him, if he stays with the men, he might fvck them

Na hospital he de 😂 he declared has male to the courts so he would be taken to the male section of the prison
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by seunlayi(m): 1:32pm On Apr 12
Heavensent01:
Jaling bobrisky for naira inappropriate and ignoring politicians with corrupt cases shows how one sided Nigeria justice is

We hope one day, there will be equal justice for all

Maybe why I don't like reading comments on nairaland 1st page. You get sensible post like these at the later pages.

Thank you for saying this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by 7arrows: 1:32pm On Apr 12
Kenochi:
He has stepped on the wrong toes, I keep telling people that when Government decides to have your time they will treat your case wella.. For me,whoever told him to plead guilty misadvised him. He could have dragged the case for a while after which he will enter into a plea bargain. Now he will tagged as an ex convict for the rest of his life. Anyways when one door closes another one will open,I am sure that whenever he comes out he can apply for asylum in any country abroad and he will be considered as a defender of the trans community in Nigeria

It is well,meanwhile which prison will he use? male or female

And na true o. Western world will be glad to receive him/she as an ambassador.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Indispensable85(m): 1:33pm On Apr 12
mrLhanray:

Because na only bob risky dey spray money for naija abi? I can't argue with people with brains of a toddler. Byeeee
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by falopey: 1:33pm On Apr 12
oluwatomiwa:
The guy is 100% man. All we see are cosmetic dressing

He must be put in male cell shikena

Or else he go give the female inmates belle
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Eteka1(m): 1:34pm On Apr 12
Dialpad:
In all you do ..... Never ever plead guilty, only a few understand this... smart lawyers will get you out of this shit.

If the politicians can get out of serious situation, this is a small case.

She could have claimed it was paper money not Nigerian notes ....

If Orji Kalu and Fayose can walk freely, then I think Bobrisky is stupid for pleading guilty
Then he would have also been charged and convicted for counterfeiting the Naira, being in possession of counterfeit currency, circulation of counterfeit currency. The jail term would have been longer considering that those are more serious offences.

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by falopey: 1:37pm On Apr 12
Dialpad:
In all you do ..... Never ever plead guilty, only a few understand this... smart lawyers will get you out of this shit.

If the politicians can get out of serious situation, this is a small case.

She could have claimed it was paper money not Nigerian notes ....

If Orji Kalu and Fayose can walk freely, then I think Bobrisky is stupid for pleading guilty

You’re wrong. There are some cases, with the advice of your lawyer you have to plead guilty to have lesser sentence. If you don’t plead guilty and the judge finds you guilty out of his own volition, the book would be thrown at you if you know what I mean. That’s maximum sentence.

That’s how it works. You plead guilty for lesser charges once your lawyer ascertains you can’t escape being found guilty. Bobrisky could have gotten up to two years if found guilty.

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by occfx: 1:37pm On Apr 12
lawyer:
Ah!

The lawyer who advised him or her or himshe to plead guilty on the day he or she or himshe was arraigned must be investigated. The lawyer did Bobrisky dirty. All Himshe would have done was plead not guilty, obtain bail conditions, be set free and negotiate with EFCC to withdraw the case and serve community work. NDLEA did it for Naira Marley, so why couldn't they do the same thing for Bobrisky?

I am not a fan of Bobrisky and his clout-chasing antics but this is not fair on him or her or himshe. 6 months as a transgender in a Nigerian prison is going to be tough for him or her and I hope they don't injure or kill him there.

I said it that day, his lawyer is an idiottt... Something that's very easy to defend he is pleading guilty.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by nedekid: 1:37pm On Apr 12
Haba, this is too harsh naa. It is as if he is being used as a scape goat. Besides he/she may have irritated the court.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by SonofElElyonRet: 1:37pm On Apr 12
back2sender:
Please i want to ask sometin o

Will Bob be placed in Male or Female Section in the Prison?

He is financially buoyant enough to get one of those VIP prison sections if at all he serves prison time... he'll likely appeal the punishment that has no option of fine
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Eteka1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12
Babangidapikin:

He did right pleading guilty , he won't waste the courts time or resources.. but I think the judiciary want to proof a point with him because now we have to determine your which prison cell to hold him , a male cell or a female cell ..I think the NCS need to create a binary cell pending the appeal ..and I hope it won't need legislative approval .
What appeal? He pleaded guilty as charged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photo: Olamide And Di’ja Look Cool Together! What Do You Think? / "I Cannot Kill Myself" - Olakunle Churchill Undisturbed Amidst Tonto's Outburst / Nedu Wazobia Marries Funmi, His Second Marriage, See Wedding Invitation Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.