Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine (55000 Views)

Bobrisky Jailed As Portable Arrive South Africa With His Wife / Logo Benz: Olamide Should Be Jailed For Appalling Lyrics ~ Man / Sauce Kid Released After Being Jailed For Fraud In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by 2mch(m): 12:51pm On Apr 12
Shebi he said he has influential boyfriends? Where are they now
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by moneyissweet(m): 12:51pm On Apr 12
I believe you, it happened to me while in muragabhat jail in Dubai.

Righteousness2:
Prison has been one major Instrument GOD has used to Humble, save and change many persons.
Maybe this will just be the beginning of his turning point.

His Soul in Eternity matters to GOD. In these last of the last days GOD is Desperate to get as Many souls as possible.

When GOD is all out to save a soul especially one that will be an instrument to get a whole lot of others, He can do and undo to get that soul. Just like Saul who became Paul the apostle.

2 Likes

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by karkinase(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12
After GOD na Government … no whyn urself o
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by GreatOchuks: 12:54pm On Apr 12
BondRiv:

The highlighted part is not true, as are several parts of your post which lack context. It depends on the circumstances of the case.

The way you guys boldly comment on things with no sense of context or anything, often baffles me. You kept talking about politicians, is Bobrisky a politician?

Even regarding law, you don't know anything about law and what you are talking about. You just muddle things up and post.

There are times when you have to plead guilty and ask for a lenient sentence or face the full wrath of the law. That is the practice all over the world, when there is a strong evidence against you. The lawyer will advise but it is the client's decision. If you decide to gamble with your life, that is your risk and the prosecutor will ensure you serve the maximum sentence under the law upon conviction.

Never you give any Accused or Defendant, this advice .

Always plead NOT GUILTY, even when there are compelling evidences establishing the crime ,, let the Prosecution prove it beyond reasonable doubt while your Lawyers do the needful....

This offence is even bailable, he could have pleaded, not guilty and his Lawyer will apply for his bail which the Judge will grant ,, he messed up, now he's an Ex Convict

3 Likes

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by lexy2014: 12:55pm On Apr 12
edogu:
They just used him or her as a scapegoat.

scapegoat for what?
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Scarletjr(m): 12:55pm On Apr 12
Na persin wey go still go come back
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by CodeTemplar: 12:56pm On Apr 12
I feel nothing for her or him.
If you see how naira notes are looking like madman dreadlocks ehn? All because people desecrate them before spending them.

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by uuzba(m): 12:57pm On Apr 12
lexy2014:

scapegoat for what?
Scapegoat for shim people.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by spencekat(m): 12:57pm On Apr 12
Dittodat:
The sentence is ridiculous and unwarranted. This judge must be one of the brainwashed religious fanatic hiding behind the law.
I don't like the Bob or whatever but this is harsh.
Sure
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by razzydoo(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12
ZACHIE:
Mental reset exercise .
When is Portable getting his own dose?
They should serve together in the same jail.
The fight go sweet die
what is portable’s offence?
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Jayhome24: 12:59pm On Apr 12
Villa12:
listen to yourself. Because he will be worse than the politicians does that mean you should be asslicking your politicians that has eaten your future and that of your unborn kids?

Oh my God!!!

Why are you these lousy and abusive? Do I even talk to you or quoted you?

It is laziness that is killing you not politician so your future, your generation future and your born and unborn child or children life will be eaten up by politician goodluck to you Mr lousy mouth...
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Donald7610: 12:59pm On Apr 12
Righteousness2:
Prison has been one major Instrument GOD has used to Humble, save and change many persons.

God does not do bad

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Flame333: 1:00pm On Apr 12
edogu:

all the ballers he or she knows could not come out right now...

so many lesson being learned if you don't have anybody behind you from social media Broadcasting...

all the people waiting for him to fail have finally seen the excuse to put him Behind Bars..

I hope he learned very well when it comes out...
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by SonofElElyonRet: 1:00pm On Apr 12
lawyer:
Ah!

The lawyer who advised him or her or himshe to plead guilty on the day he or she or himshe was arraigned must be investigated. The lawyer did Bobrisky dirty. All Himshe would have done was plead not guilty, obtain bail conditions, be set free and negotiate with EFCC to withdraw the case and serve community work. NDLEA did it for Naira Marley, so why couldn't they do the same thing for Bobrisky?

I am not a fan of Bobrisky and his clout-chasing antics but this is not fair on him or her or himshe. 6 months as a transgender in a Nigerian prison is going to be tough for him or her and I hope they don't injure or kill him there.

He expected an option of fine... would likely appeal and get fine option ....

2 Likes

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Dittodat: 1:01pm On Apr 12
Righteousness2:
Maybe this will just be the beginning of his turning point.

His Soul in Eternity matters to GOD. In these last of the last days GOD is Desperate to get as Many souls as possible.

When GOD is all out to save a soul especially one that will be an instrument to get a whole lot of others, He can do and undo to get that soul. Just like Saul who became Paul the apostle.
They should lock your sorry ass up so that you can grow some sense.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by grandstar(m): 1:02pm On Apr 12
It was a transphobic judgment if you ask me.

Had he been straight, I am certain a fine option would have been on the table.

Anyway, don't abuse the Naira.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Numberoneflavou: 1:02pm On Apr 12
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by otherway: 1:04pm On Apr 12
edogu:

Walahi... Many people are guilty of what she did.

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by edogu(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12
lexy2014:

scapegoat for what?
Have you seen anyone punished for abuse of naira? Why Bobrisky? There're so many videos on YouTube of celebrities abusing the naira. Why is EFCC interested in this case? Why is EFCC not arresting politicians who are equally guilty of the same offence? You see why I used the word ' scapegoat'. They just want clip his or her wing since they can't nail her for cross-dressing.

Mind you, there was no option for fine.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by ejimatic: 1:06pm On Apr 12
grin grin grin
TUANKU:

cheesy HE will be in SAFE hands with the MEN.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by edogu(m): 1:06pm On Apr 12
Flame333:

all the ballers he or she knows could not come out right now...

so many lesson being learned if you don't have anybody behind you from social media Broadcasting...

all the people waiting for him to fail have finally seen the excuse to put him Behind Bars..

I hope he learned very well when it comes out...
Exactly. And it's time for him or her to pipe low.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by grandstar(m): 1:06pm On Apr 12
Vlibray:
Mommy of Lagos dey hold jalamia, make dick no show.
God bless the Judge.
I'm sure he/she is disgusted by mommy of Lagos's cock sucking behaviour like every other sane Nigerian.
At least this would serve as a deterrent to aspiring cock suckers like him

I sense it was a transphobic judgment.

Despite pleading guilty, even an option of a steep fine was not open to him was unjust.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by ejimatic: 1:07pm On Apr 12
BondRiv:

A confused person criticizing a judgement. You are not to be taken seriously. You don't even know the difference between a male and female. Go and learn the basics first. Idris Olanrewaju Okuneye is a man.
grin grin grin grin. You made laugh!
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by back2sender: 1:08pm On Apr 12
Please i want to ask sometin o

Will Bob be placed in Male or Female Section in the Prison?
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Peacerider(m): 1:09pm On Apr 12
Kindness218:
All this foodstuffs way she/he buy, who go day chop am?

His/Her Fans will take charge till He/she returns from prison. I wish Him/her safe return.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by mrLhanray(m): 1:10pm On Apr 12
This is what we call selective justice.
It's better they try him for cross dressing/homo sexual stuffs that is the motive behind these arrest, than these abuse of Naira, which several Nigerians are guilty of and there are video evidence all over the internet of Nigerians doing this.
Even Portable has done this before. Convicting Bobrisky for these, means all Nigerians that has mutilated the naira must all be charged to court.

He shouldn't have pleaded guilty.
He pleaded guilty, that he was sorry, he will use his platform to raise awareness about naira mutilation, what did they do?
They convicted him with no option of fine
A first time offender of the crime
No probation, no community service, all his plea meant nothing.

What a Selective justice system

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Bullet01(f): 1:11pm On Apr 12
Heshe would have transformed back to brotherhood by the time he's done. It's such a pity 😭

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by livinbygrace: 1:12pm On Apr 12
lawyer:
Ah!

The lawyer who advised him or her or himshe to plead guilty on the day he or she or himshe was arraigned must be investigated. The lawyer did Bobrisky dirty. All Himshe would have done was plead not guilty, obtain bail conditions, be set free and negotiate with EFCC to withdraw the case and serve community work. NDLEA did it for Naira Marley, so why couldn't they do the same thing for Bobrisky?

I am not a fan of Bobrisky and his clout-chasing antics but this is not fair on him or her or himshe. 6 months as a transgender in a Nigerian prison is going to be tough for him or her and I hope they don't injure or kill him there.

But he was boasting he could get DG of Arts,Culture and Tourism(Otuna Runsew) sacked because shim get God Fathers.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Indispensable85(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12
The government is sending a strong message to his contemporaries. The publicity of their rubbish was becoming too much. It's not because he sprayed money. Thanks to VDM and others that put him in the spotlight. It was going out of hand already.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Forumobserver12(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12
anonymous1759:
LGBTQ is a NO NO . Waiting for EU to send troops to free Bobby grin

He was sentenced to prison for ABUSE OF CURRENCY...Pure and simple..the prosecutor is smart....

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by BondRiv: 1:15pm On Apr 12
GreatOchuks:

Never you give any Accused or Defendant, this advice .

Always plead NOT GUILTY, even when there are compelling evidences establishing the crime ,, let the Prosecution prove it beyond reasonable doubt while your Lawyers do the needful....

This offence is even bailable, he could have pleaded, not guilty and his Lawyer will apply for his bail which the Judge will grant ,, he messed up, now he's an Ex Convict

It is not always. You lay out the options, let the client decide. There are instances when you will advise against a plea of guilt, depending on the circumstances of the case. It is not in all cases. They have the video of him committing the alleged offence. Trial is not about magic but evidence. Your job is to protect the interest of your client. Plea bargain exists for a reason and he clearly entered into one. That was why the money laundering charges were dropped.
Re: Bobrisky Jailed For Six Months With No Option Of Fine by Amalekki: 1:15pm On Apr 12
Unfortunately that's how law enforcement works everywhere.

You don't have to be the only one driving over speed limit to get caught. Many drivers overspeed daily in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta etc but few are caught.

"I am/was not the only one" is not a valid form of defence in law. You must prove that you did not commit the crime.

MsOnyi24:
This is not funny at all, you don't have to like him but what is wrong is wrong FULLSTOP.
He is not the only person to abuse the naira publicly.
This is a witch hunt and it is wrong.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Wizkid Served Quit Notice From His Lekki Phase 1 Apartment / Burial Of Nora Ugo Nkeiruka (Photos) / Queenzhair: "Nina Stole My Hair Pictures!" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.