Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

"Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke (32014 Views)

Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke / Lady Calls Out Jnr Pope's Wife For Blocking Her After She Tattooed His Logo / Jnr Pope Celebrates Wife, Jennifer's Birthday: Meeting You On Facebook .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Matabue1985: 4:04pm On Apr 14
immortalcrown:
It took more than 48 hours for this statement to be released. Was something being cooked up?

Many contradictory claims.

If jackets were freely available and Junior Pope and some other passengers of the boat rejected the jackets, why did AGN suspend Adamma?

TC said marine police said, "You people refused to come and hire jackets from us". But you now claim jackets were freely available. So, even the other dead victims and the missing ones rejected the jackets?

TC never said anybody provided free jackets and anybody rejected the jackets. Consider his claim about the marine police saying the passenges refused to hire jackets. I suspect a connivance by the police and the movie producers against TC. Recall that the TC said the police wanted to take him to a police station.

I earlier saw a post on this same Nairaland. In the post, the boat driver claims that Junior Pope refused to pay for a life jacket. One says free jackets were provided while another one says Junior Pope refused to pay for a jacket. Think about it.

According to TC, the boat driver who was not concentrating on the boat movement was trying to show his face on video when the boat hit another boat. No other person has claimed another boat was hit. The same TC is accused of standing. If TC was standing, did anyone confront him and what was his response? I don't believe the accusation against TC. Other survivors should stand by the truth to counter the accusation being leveled against TC.

TC never said Junior Pope was alive to say anything after the boat accident. But now, this producer is saying Junior Pope was asking if everything is okay. TC didn't mention that a gallon was thrown for Junior Pope.

NOTE:
My own question is why did it take more than 48 hours for this producer to come with her claims? Did she even present the claims to the AGN before getting suspended by the AGN? The claims by TC do not contradict each other. But the claims by the producer do not support one another. And the claim by the boat driver contradicts those of the producer. This case is like that of Mohbad. There is even another claim that the producer denied the responsibility of the boat transportation.

The highest blame goes to boat drivers who don't enforce the use of jackets. The government should be blamed for collecting levies from the boat drivers without enforcement of safety measures to the boat transportation. Or, doesn't the government collect levies from the drivers? AGN should be blamed because other producers acted like Adamma. The AGN has not been proactive. Then, the passengers should be blamed for not being security conscious. No sensible adult will travel by boat without insisting on using a life jacket.
one of the worstest thing to do on earth, is to lie on the head of a dead man that pope was offered life jacket but he refused it this adana of a girl is really an idiot! Because poor man don die and him dey provoke say him die and he spirit still dey roam about the spirit world and you go cum still bold dey lie for he head join?

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:05pm On Apr 14
immortalcrown:
I am not speaking for him. I am analyzing their claims.
d claims are largely contradictory... more exposé is bn provided as time goes
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by bluefilm: 4:06pm On Apr 14
Who will speak for the dead now?

No-fucking_-body!
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14
Arizoner:
so somebody that cannot swim will have time to ask if everybody is ok
d story taya me!

2 Likes

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by teewhydope(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14
MaziX:
I have always travelled through boat from lagos to Benin Republic. I always reject the life jacket cux of this same thing... Very dirty! December 20th 2023 outr boat had an accident. I was without a luge jacket.. this boat pple are same with our crazy road transport companies.

You have no point really. I just pity you
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Moony45: 4:07pm On Apr 14
Like the yoruba adage says. "Aja ti o ba ma soonu, ko ni gbo feere ode". Meaning "The dog that will get lost will never hear the whistle of his shephard"

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by descartes400: 4:08pm On Apr 14
zed7:
No excuse for incompetence. I'm not blaming her, I'm blaming the boat owners who only care about profit.

I have had cause to use boats in Lagos and the so called life jackets are a joke. People don't know that life jackets lose their efficiency after a period of time. The boat owners don't care and will hand you a dirty looking, worn out life jacket.

I only hope we do better as a nation. Everything is all about self. Get your own life jacket if water is s major part of your transportation.

If you travel by water frequently, just endeavour to buy your own life jacket to avoid stories that touches.

4 Likes

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:09pm On Apr 14
Arizoner:
you that is talking, can you swim in river niger with your swimming lessons?
mami water go give am dat space?
grin
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by alt3r3g0: 4:09pm On Apr 14
This where training comes in.

Those days working offshore, in addition to life jackets being mandatory, you are also trained about the "survival circle" in the survival at sea training.

This is where all the survivors hold themselves together and the people without life jackets climb in the circle.

This way, rescue is easier as they easier to spot from a helicopter, are all together and those without life jackets have a higher chance of survival.

It's a pity.

6 Likes

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by kingthreat(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14
She's trying to exonerate herself.
Abeg all these quack slay queens in the Asaba and Nollywood movie industry should be banned
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14
IMPARTIAL:
Could it be mammy water that dragged him down? I experienced this in the Patani River several years ago.

True!
is mami water anti-ppl?
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by gassbee: 4:11pm On Apr 14
immortalcrown:
It took more than 48 hours for this statement to be released. Was something being cooked up?

If jackets were freely available and Junior Pope and some other passengers of the boat rejected the jackets, why did AGN suspend Adamma?

TC said marine police said, "You people refused to come and hire jackets from us". But you now claim jackets were freely available. So, even the other dead victims and the missing ones rejected the free jackets?

TC never said anybody provided free jackets and anybody rejected the jackets. Consider his claim about the marine police saying the passenges refused to hire jackets. I suspect a connivance by the police and the movie producers against TC. Recall that the TC said the police wanted to take him to a police station. And if the AGN does not defend (justify) its suspension of Adamma, I suspect that the AGN has been bribed to support the conspiracy. How can the AGN suspend Adamma and keep quiet after seeing the statement from Adamma? Think about it.

I earlier saw a post on this same Nairaland. In the post, the boat driver claims that Junior Pope refused to pay for a life jacket. One says free jackets were provided while another one says Junior Pope refused to pay for a jacket. Think about it.

According to TC, the boat driver who was not concentrating on the boat movement was trying to show his face on video when the boat hit another boat. No other person has claimed another boat was hit. The same TC is accused of standing. If TC was standing, did anyone confront him and what was his response? I don't believe the accusation against TC. Other survivors should stand by the truth to counter the accusation being leveled against TC.

TC never said Junior Pope was alive to say anything after the boat accident. But now, this producer is saying Junior Pope was asking if everything is okay. TC didn't mention that a gallon was thrown for Junior Pope.

NOTE:
My own question is why did it take more than 48 hours for this producer to come with her claims? Did she even present the claims to the AGN before getting suspended by the AGN? The claims by TC do not contradict each other. But the claims by the producer do not support one another. And the claim by the boat driver contradicts those of the producer. This case is like that of Mohbad. There is even another claim that the producer denied the responsibility of the boat transportation.

The highest blame goes to boat drivers who don't enforce the use of jackets. The government should be blamed for collecting levies from the boat drivers without enforcement of safety measures to the boat transportation. Or, doesn't the government collect levies from the drivers? AGN should be blamed because other producers acted like Adamma. The AGN has not been proactive. Then, the passengers should be blamed for not being security conscious. No sensible adult will travel by boat without insisting on using a life jacket.
she had to do her own investigation before putting out a video, this video has been out since but nairaland is just posting it to you now
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:11pm On Apr 14
alt3r3g0:
This where training comes in.

Those days working offshore, in addition to life jackets being mandatory, you are also trained about the "survival circle" in the survival at sea training.

This is where all the survivors hold themselves together and the people without life jackets climb in the circle.

This way, rescue is easier as they easier to spot from a helicopter, are all together and those without life jackets have a higher chance of survival.

It's a pity.
Hmmm!

New exposé u put out here!
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 4:12pm On Apr 14
Maybe she's right
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Obakoolex(m): 4:13pm On Apr 14
MajorOvakporaye:
Many people don't take swimming skills seriously in this part of the world. They would rather spend 200k on rubbish than spend 30k or 20k for swimming lessons.
First time I heard sense coming from you undecided
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by BscHolder: 4:15pm On Apr 14
God punish this shameless liar
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Nonexisting1: 4:15pm On Apr 14
Nigga was struggling in water but still cared for others by asking if everyone was okay. He was a good man.

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Oracleee: 4:16pm On Apr 14
Naira20:
Una don start lie abi?
What about others that died?They also rejected the "dirty" life jackets?

It could be true. I once went for vacation in Calabar and decided to take a boat cruise to twins island. As close to the place was this merry party organized by one big boy. I was impromptu invited and since I had nothing doing it's a goal. While entering the fancy ferry we were all provided with life jackets, one big boy started by saying this is too dirty with supposed legions of germs attached to it. He refused it and some wannabes follow suites If anything had happen it's possible they won't survive the mishap and folks will blame the boat company for oversight.

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Adeneeyee84: 4:16pm On Apr 14
Brandosky:
This foolish woman must not be let go unpunished.
Foolish woman indeed!!! Is JP and the rest a kid for transporting on water without a life jacket?
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by kingthreat(m): 4:18pm On Apr 14
MaziX:
I have always travelled through boat from lagos to Benin Republic. I always reject the life jacket cux of this same thing... Very dirty! December 20th 2023 outr boat had an accident. I was without a luge jacket.. this boat pple are same with our crazy road transport companies.

You can insist or pay for a cleaner one.

2 Likes

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by JuanDeDios: 4:19pm On Apr 14
immortalcrown:

TC said marine police said, "You people refused to come and hire jackets from us". But you now claim jackets were freely available. So, even the other dead victims and the missing ones rejected the free jackets?

TC never said anybody provided free jackets and anybody rejected the jackets. Consider his claim about the marine police saying the passenges refused to hire jackets. I suspect a connivance by the police and the movie producers against TC. Recall that the TC said the police wanted to take him to a police station. And if the AGN does not defend (justify) its suspension of Adamma, I suspect that the AGN has been bribed to support the conspiracy. How can the AGN suspend Adamma and keep quiet after seeing the statement from Adamma? Think about it.

NOTE:
My own question is, did Adamma even present these her claims to the AGN before getting suspended by the AGN? The claims by TC do not contradict each other. But the claims by the producer do not support one another. And the claim by the boat driver contradicts those of the producer. This case is like that of Mohbad. There is even another claim that the producer denied the responsibility of the boat transportation.

The highest blame goes to boat drivers who don't enforce the use of jackets. The government should be blamed for collecting levies from the boat drivers without enforcement of safety measures to the boat transportation. Or, doesn't the government collect levies from the drivers? AGN should be blamed because other producers acted like Adamma. The AGN has not been proactive. Then, the passengers should be blamed for not being security conscious. No sensible adult will travel by boat without insisting on using a life jacket. Adamma is not totally innocent. She should have made an attempt to get the crew members adhere to necessary safety measures.
Who/what is TC?
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by BscHolder: 4:19pm On Apr 14
Arizoner:
so somebody that cannot swim will have time to ask if everybody is ok
I feel say na only me notice that weird lie.
Like you're struggling with the water with Life and death and you're still asking if everybody are okay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by BscHolder: 4:20pm On Apr 14
IMPARTIAL:
Could it be mammy water that dragged him down? I experienced this in the Patani River several years ago.

True!
that Patani river big ehn..
What was your experience?

2 Likes

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by ogascomax: 4:21pm On Apr 14
immortalcrown:

NOTE:
My own question is, did Adamma even present these her claims to the AGN before getting suspended by the AGN? The claims by TC do not contradict each other. But the claims by the producer do not support one another. And the claim by the boat driver contradicts those of the producer. This case is like that of Mohbad. There is even another claim that the producer denied the responsibility of the boat transportation.

The highest blame goes to boat drivers who don't enforce the use of jackets. The government should be blamed for collecting levies from the boat drivers without enforcement of safety measures to the boat transportation. Or, doesn't the government collect levies from the drivers? AGN should be blamed because other producers acted like Adamma. The AGN has not been proactive. Then, the passengers should be blamed for not being security conscious. No sensible adult will travel by boat without insisting on using a life jacket. Adamma is not totally innocent. She should have made an attempt to get the crew members adhere to necessary safety measures.

Your conclusion is very poor here or some of your analysis which I couldn't complete.
The jacket was not to go round. They just have one left which was meant for Pope but since he didn't used it someone else took it and used. You see those jacket that are made available can be dirty in look. Not that they are really dirty but because they have become old they now look that. I travel with boat and I have same experience of dirty looking jacket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by richie240: 4:21pm On Apr 14
TC was also another source of distraction.
cool

3 Likes

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by MaziX(m): 4:23pm On Apr 14
teewhydope:

You have no point really. I just pity you

No point abi? Well done. Till its u or your person
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by teewhydope(m): 4:27pm On Apr 14
MaziX:

No point abi? Well done. Till its u or your person

To me as how? Weren't you the one implying that you'd rather take your chances than put on the dirty life jacket. You could easily change to a different outfit before putting it on you know.

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by DMerciful(m): 4:27pm On Apr 14
Jr Pope was primarily responsible for his safety, he is not a novice. He took his safety for granted because as an A-list actor, if he says he is not going without a life jacket, he will be provided one by force
immortalcrown:

NOTE:

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by immortalcrown(m): 4:28pm On Apr 14
richie240:
Was the same TC who (earlier) denied ever standing in d boat not later busted as a liar in another video which showed him not only standing but constituting a nuisance contrary to what he made us believe that he only sat at the front of the boat holding tightly to the anchor (rope) all through the journey before the mishap??
You didn't answer my question that followed the accusation of TC standing. If he standing was a challenge to the driver, who tried calling TC to order and what was TC's response?

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by Faposky95: 4:29pm On Apr 14
CareerPal:
The probability of a hazard happening is usually low but that doesn't mean it cannot happen. He would have been alive if he had worn the dirty life jacket.

May his soul rest in peace.

Low...?!
That's the Nigerian talking in you.
The need for safety is the understanding that accidents will always occur.
Prevention or cures are then taken .
Dirty life jackets are no life jackets at all.
A life jacket is a life saver period.
Need to see what is termed a Dirty Life Jacket.

1 Like

Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by richie240: 4:32pm On Apr 14
What aeroplane is to air is what life jacket is to water!
Plane defies gravity while life jacket defies water-drowning.

There are things God will do for you and there are other things God expect us to do urself.

No matter how angry the river goddess is, she cannot sink a man wearing a lifejacket.

#spade_na_spade
cool
piriton:
This issue pass life jacket. They said the mortuary attendant said this river does like that to strangers.
Another issue of burying them near the river. You think life jacket was the cause.
What is ringing bell in all the stories.
Don't just punish innocent people
Re: "Jnr Pope Was Provided Life Jacket But Rejected It Because It Was Dirty" - Luke by EreluRoz: 4:33pm On Apr 14
IMPARTIAL:

True!
Please explain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ike's Fans Present N500k To Him As Gift (Video) / Trem’s Bishop Okonkwo Rewards Airport Staff Who Returned Money / Stephanie Hornecker, Regina Askia’s Daughter Beautiful In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.