Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke (29231 Views)

AGN Executives Pay Condolence Visit To Late Jnr. Pope's Family (pics/video) / Lady Calls Out Jnr Pope's Wife For Blocking Her After She Tattooed His Logo / Jnr Pope Celebrates Wife, Jennifer's Birthday: Meeting You On Facebook .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Globalinfo247: 8:12am On Apr 11
AN AFFILIATE OF INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF ACTORS PIA)

Following the tragic incident of boat mishap that claimed the life of Mr john Paul Odonwodo aka Junior Pope and four other crew members at waterside of River Niger Cable point Asaba on 10th of April 2024 on a movie set titled "The other side of Life" produced by Adamma Luke. The Leadership of the build has taken the following decisions

1. All Films that involve riverine areas and boat riding is hereby suspended indefinitely

2. No Shoot on all locations Nationwide on Thursday 11 to April 2024

3. The film titled "Another side of Life is suspended indefinitely

4. No actor is allowed to work with Adamma Luke as a producer till further notice

5. While we keep searching for the bodies of the remaining persons may their soul rest in peace

Yours Sincerely,
DR,Ejezie Eureka Rollos MON
National President

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by LuQuLuQu(m): 8:15am On Apr 11
Adanma Luke in a big trouble right now

But was she in charge of their safety too?

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 8:15am On Apr 11
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? Making life jackets compulsory for boat journeys is more effective than your suspension. I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

Is suspending movie shooting along riverines better than making safety measures compulsory for such shootings? So, a movie producer that offers standard transport systems to his or her crew members should not go on with his or her production? Don't you sound unwise here?

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by a chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

I know that Adamma should have provided standard transport systems for her team. I am not saying she is not guilty of anything here. But there are two facts here. One, other producers have previously and repeatedly used the method Adamma used, meaning that the AGN was never proactive. Therefore, AGN should equally blame and suspend itself. AGN should admit its flaws rather than putting all the blames on Adamma. Two, aren't the crew members old enough to insist on getting life jackets for the boat journey? Security requires collective efforts but the protection of your life begins with you.

The day I entered a boat, the skippers were careless. They had life jackets but asserted that I and my friends were safe without the jackets. This was in Lake Victoria oh (probably the deepest or biggest lake in Africa)! I and my friends insisted on wearing the jackets. At the middle of the journey, the boat started leaking. But no mishap. The point is that accident can happen but your safety begins with you.

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 8:19am On Apr 11
LuQuLuQu:
Adanma Luke in a big trouble right now. But was she in charge of their safety too?
Yeah

4 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by SEGLIZ: 8:20am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger, how does the post mean a firm action against Adamma Luke?

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?
are you done presenting your questionnaire?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 8:20am On Apr 11
SEGLIZ:
are you done presenting your questionnaire?
The first question was wrong and has been modified. Now, address the questions or admit that you are not serious about this topic.

8 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Otulented: 8:49am On Apr 11
Am telling you ooo! You're shooting such a movie. You couldn't even provide a life jacket.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by datola: 8:50am On Apr 11
What about those boat operators who didn't/don't value life. They should be prosecuted for wasting precious lives. They are tte ones expected to provide and insist on use of life jackets

Those operators would most likely escape death from the boat misap.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 2Radii: 8:50am On Apr 11
Lakaaka

My question is why were they not on live jackets??

I can never be in boat without my live jacket on..same with swimming pool, I must have my tube with me

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by SQLmastar(m): 8:50am On Apr 11
sad
This move is a little overboard if you ask me. Why give an indefinite suspension to all movie sets within riverine areas? Why not enforce rules that would mandate the strict use of water safety equipment and body wear?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by MrJames007: 8:50am On Apr 11
undecided
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by AOB1: 8:50am On Apr 11
cry
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Gresaez: 8:50am On Apr 11
Must it get bad before we give a right policy?

11 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Divoc19(f): 8:50am On Apr 11
Safety Measures; must a tragedy occur before these measures should be put in place.

It’s only in Nigeria that a whole resident will not have a First Aid Box or Fire Extinguisher.

An average Nigeria can neither not swim nor perform a CPR our own is to pray and shout.

May we not be victims.

There are more than a thousand ways to die.

Let’s talk small. We all have our own coming.

Peace.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by ZombieDetective: 8:50am On Apr 11
angry... Medicine after death...

You cannot swim but you enter small boat without lifejacket

6 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by jeff1993: 8:51am On Apr 11
Nigerians in general are very lackadaisical to safety measures. Our best mantra is na God dey protect us forgetting that God protects ts those who take extra effort to protect themselves.

How will u be going on a water transport without life jackets and floaters forgetting that it takes just only a sec for change of events to occur. To think he was even doing a video telling the guy to slow down that he is a father of four kids is very sad.

Now to the Useless actors guild, why are they banning the Adama ?? ... Is it the producers fault?? ... Accidents do Happen!!! ... should the Adama be the one to tell grown up actors to be on life jackets while crossing the niger??.... Is the Adanma the one riding the boat??

Na until death happen na him Nigerians dey know say dem keep medicine for Cupboard!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by ZiksProgeny: 8:51am On Apr 11
A very welcome step

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by wman(m): 8:51am On Apr 11
RIP to the dead. So avoidable. Life jackets should have been provided and mandated. He should have been taken to a hospital first instead of the morgue and instead of the herbalist place.

7 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:51am On Apr 11
They probably substituted life jackets for opening prayers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by NairalandGOAT1: 8:52am On Apr 11
Medicine after death!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 2Radii: 8:52am On Apr 11
SQLmastar:
sad
This move is a little overboard if you ask me. Why give an indefinite suspension to all movie set

Movie set in riverine area..Read am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by thrillionaire(m): 8:52am On Apr 11
Toh medicine after death.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by specialmati(m): 8:52am On Apr 11
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed : embarassed embarassed embarassed chai so the guy is no more

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by maasoap(m): 8:52am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?
Stupid and senseless questions

2 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by shadrach77: 8:52am On Apr 11
Shebi they said the guy is alive cry
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Mandate2023: 8:52am On Apr 11
All dis nonsense is just misplaced priority......self awareness is key coz I don't imagine myself going on a boat ride without life jacket

Dey can't suspend any location shooting except for asaba movies........that 1 is empty introduction from mumu association

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by victorazy(m): 8:52am On Apr 11
Stupid absumption. Is suspending camping in riverine areas the solution or to enforce the use of some measures before embarking on such journey.

Is Nollywood not big enough to have a well equipped boats, well furnished for such occasion? So that who ever want to cross it's crew will hire it.

3 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by kings59: 8:52am On Apr 11
Notice me people.

Just because some people died, they now know they will come out to speak.

That's one thing with Nigerians. They won't consider safety first.

There is a an electric pole in my area that wants to fall, no one wants to talk about it or protest for it to be changed.

People are waiting for it to fall before they blame the devil, that's if it kills someone.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by yesloaded: 8:52am On Apr 11
As a producer, it's a must to take safety of your crew as first priority

It amaze me that you won't find auxillary nurse on set not to talk of registered nurse or doctor to provide first aid care in case of a medical emergency

Travelling on boat without life jacket is too bad, funny enough 20k will get a life jacket which I am 100% sure that each crew member has more than 20k in their bank account

The journey was planned and I expect each crew members to get themselves life jacket or refused to embark on the journey of they are unable to get the life jacket

RIP to the dead

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Buys Luxury Yacht "Mariya" / Kate Henshaw's Stunning Look To AFRIFF 2017 / Sola Ogudu: I Love Davido, He's A Sweet Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.