Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu (57681 Views)

Convert Your Dollars To Naira Before Dangote Refinery Starts – Omokri To Nigeria / Naira Will Appreciate, Dump Your Dollars To Avoid Tears – Onanuga / Wike Replies Ganduje: Your Dollars Won't Work In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by McLizbae: 12:33am On Apr 17
If "outside Nigeria" keep missing in this statement, then it remains a stupid statement.
$1000 = 1.8m about a month ago
Now it about 1.1m, the 1.8m property about a month ago is likely more than 1.8 now.
Dpharisee:
Its just common sense, your $1000 will always buy items worth $1000 but you can not guarantee your N1000 buying the same loaf of bread tomorrow morning
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by HIPROFILE(m): 12:39am On Apr 17
This is how it should be. Opposition should always do or say things to keep the ruling party on their feet for the benefit of the nation. It doesnt literally mean they hate their country. Most Nairalanders and supporters of APC dont know this.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Goodvibes007: 12:41am On Apr 17
HIPROFILE:
This is how it should be. Opposition should always do or say things to keep the ruling party on their feet for the benefit of the nation. It doesnt literally mean they hate their country. Most Nairalanders and supporters of APC dont know this.
This is sabotaging. No opposition in other developed country would try to sabotage its own economy for political clout. Aishat is only trying to make the job of the CBN more difficult by trying to kill people's confidence in the naira, and guess who suffers..the masses.

3 Likes

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Apr 17
McLizbae:
If "outside Nigeria" keep missing in this statement, then it remains a stupid statement. $1000 = 1.8m about a month ago Now it about 1.1m, the 1.8m property about a month ago is likely more than 1.8 now.
But why? What is the value of the property in question pegged on? The dollar or the Naira? Your example is saying that the property now costs way more than $1000 but for exactly what reason? The value of the dollar has not changed at all in all that time. The value of the Naira on the other hand has appreciated. So what is going on? One would expect a stronger Naira to mean lower prices, not the reverse at all. undecided
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by bdon123(m): 12:51am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

Easy way to become a witch

Just swear to whatever not to see the progress of your own country, lobatan.

How can some people do just because their principal loss in a contested election, the person wey come third oo and ever since they never wish the best for the country.

It's time for FG to consider banning any association with the name of Obidients.

We can't continue to be shying away about their bitterness, hatred and their evil wishes towards the progress and development of Nigeria
I hav savings in fx n i wont spend becos i trust ot more than naira
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by 4KNGOATS(m): 1:10am On Apr 17
nlfpmod:

Aisha Yesufu
This masses deserves the right to stone this bitch to death
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Babalegba(m): 1:11am On Apr 17
Nairalander248:

Just created a post for you and I...

Let's come back in 2025
Don't waste your time. What you are saying is statistically possible but improbable.The factors that made naira lose so much value in a short time has been addressed and blocked.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Babalegba(m): 1:16am On Apr 17
HIPROFILE:
Lol. You don't understand how democracy works at all. Anybody trying what she did here abroad will be declared a persona non grata and will never be elected again. Try it in China and you will be shot.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CHAQUR: 1:21am On Apr 17
Whoever that support this call, should not go against anyone that patronises foreign airlines (amidst this price slashes) instead of Air Peace... Simply if it's about us as individuals gains and not about the entity "Nigeria".
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by HeroicMeastro: 1:44am On Apr 17
nlfpmod:

Aisha Yesufu
This smelly woman again?
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by 99persait(m): 1:54am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

How can some people do just because their principal loss in a contested election, the person wey come third oo and ever since they never wish the best for the country.

It's time for FG to consider banning any association with the name of Obidients.

We can't continue to be shying away about their bitterness, hatred and their evil wishes towards the progress and development of Nigeria
these are enemies of progress of Nigeria.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by McLizbae: 2:30am On Apr 17
Bros I don't know why! But we all know that the reality is what I just explain up there. Dealers and realtors will never sell cheaper unless the property is to be sold in distress. Even business men and traders will never return the prices of goods unless the demand for the good drop drastically. So next time if your $1k exchange as high as the price of that property you are eyeing, quick change ur dollar and buy. Else you will regret it when dollar goes down. Remember we don't spend dollar in Nigeria, and the govt can call what ever value in exchange for dollar at anytime!
Kobojunkie:
But why? What is the value of the property in question pegged on? The dollar or the Naira? Your example is saying that the property now costs way more than $1000 but for exactly what reason? The value of the dollar has not changed at all in all that time. The value of the Naira on the other hand has appreciated. So what is going on? One would expect a stronger Naira to mean lower prices, not the reverse at all. undecided
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Apr 17
McLizbae:
■ Bros I don't know why! But we all know that the reality is what I just explain up there. Dealers and realtors will never sell cheaper unless the property is to be sold in distress. Even business men and traders will never return the prices of goods unless the demand for the good drop drastically. So next time if your $1k exchange as high as the price of that property you are eyeing, quick change ur dollar and buy. Else you will regret it when dollar goes down. Remember we don't spend dollar in Nigeria, and the govt can call what ever value in exchange for dollar at anytime!
What you described there does not happen everywhere at all. I have lived in a different country for the past two decades, and the opposite of what you described is the case out here. The naira has been fluctuating against the dollar for a long time now; the Government has artificially caused it to go back down in the last 30 days straight, but where is the assurance it will not go back up again once the Government takes its hands off of it? Where is the guarantee that Naira will continue to appreciate or at least stabilize against the dollar at this point or some other down the road? Where is the increased investment in infrastructure, production, and industry? Nothing to be seen. This problem is not just about whether you have dollars in Naira or not, and turning your dollars into naira will not solve it, at least for the long term as I see this is some sort of endless cycle you folks operate down there. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CharleyBright(m): 3:09am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

Progress and development of a country doesn't entail stupidly telling the nation that "Subsidy is Gone" on Inauguration day, then turn around and be paying billions in subsidy through the backdoor and still have the effrontery to look Nigerians in the face and lie that no subsidy is paid..

Dude, I love my country, I want the progress of my country, but to tell you the truth... No country can move forward when the leaders are full of lies and deceits.
Tinubu govt is full of deceits.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by ogawisdom(m): 3:17am On Apr 17
Mumu idiot

Enemy of Nigeria, politics should have limits.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by seunlayi(m): 3:55am On Apr 17
CharleyBright:

Progress and development of a country doesn't entail stupidly telling the nation that "Subsidy is Gone" on Inauguration day, then turn around and be paying billions in subsidy through the backdoor and still have the effrontery to look Nigerians in the face and lie that no subsidy is paid..

Dude, I love my country, I want the progress of my country, but to tell you the truth... No country can move forward when the leaders are full of lies and deceits.

Thank you.
This is why I like reading the later pages in nairaland because you won't find better comments on the early pages of threads like this. What Yesufu said was unpatriotic but it's the fact. Even our politicians are still holding their personal dollars. Only the wise will know this
Kobojunkie:
What you described there does not happen everywhere at all. I have lived in a different country for the past two decades, and the opposite of what you described is the case out here. The naira has been fluctuating against the dollar for a long time now; the Government has artificially caused it to go back down in the last 30 days straight, but where is the assurance it will not go back up again once the Government takes its hands off of it? Where is the guarantee that Naira will continue to appreciate or at least stabilize against the dollar at this point or some other down the road? Where is the increased investment in infrastructure, production, and industry? Nothing to be seen. This problem is not just about whether you have dollars in Naira or not, and turning your dollars into naira will not solve it, at least for the long term as I see this is some sort of endless cycle you folks operate down there. lipsrsealed
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 4:03am On Apr 17
[quote author=HIPROFILE post=129478193]This is how it should be. Opposition should always do or say things to keep the ruling party on their feet for the benefit of the nation. It doesnt literally mean they hate their country. Most Nairalanders and supporters of APC dont know this.[/quoteo]

They hate their country bro, the were praying dollar should not come down so that they can say they told us

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 4:06am On Apr 17
CharleyBright:

Pls met me ask you a simple question, IF FG STILL subsidize petrol,where are the getting those huge revenue every month to share, remember, the past administration has sold crude oil till June this year and collected the money
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 4:09am On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:

Flow of income from Dangote and NNPC with crude oil will make it come down the more, Naira was under value due to bad policy of emefele
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Apr 17
Paramount01:
∆ Flow of income from Dangote and NNPC with crude oil will make it come down the more, Naira was under value due to bad policy of emefele
So you admit then that the Government in fact dipped deep into the reserves to shore up the Naira during the last 30 days, right? undecided
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Max24: 4:56am On Apr 17
emmydee:

I had contributed my part. My friends also made their own contributions yet ours were not appreciated. Mark my words “ Nigeria will never work”.
As long as your leaders will not stop stealing public funds, it’s not gonna work. Even in the next 50 years, e no go work.
No matter how hard you work, if you keep pouring water inside a basket, it’s never gonna get filled.
While I understand where you are coming from I really do not share your sentiments. I somehow believe Nigeria will be great under this administration. This administration has something we have never had before and that is what will make a difference. With respect to stealing there is no country where there is no corruption. So long it is human society but this government will be the best the country had had, mark my words. This administration will achieve more than any other administration in the country 's history. I have my own reasons and I have dissected this govt, the cankerworms eating this country are those in the backgrounds and not those in public view and I believe something is positively different about current Nigeria govt.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by DJInfluence: 4:59am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

No need to quarrel. You can exchange your dollars to naira if or when you have it and keep it. Then in a few months try to buy something tangible with it let's see the value then.
She is merely advising people. So those wey get ears let them hear.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by HIPROFILE(m): 5:09am On Apr 17
Goodvibes007:

This is sabotaging. No opposition in other developed country would try to sabotage its own economy for political clout. Aishat is only trying to make the job of the CBN more difficult by trying to kill people's confidence in the naira, and guess who suffers..the masses.

Bro havent you realized that we in this country most esp. our politicians do things differently? even though most of our laws and policies are copied from the developed countries but unfortunately we execute and implement those laws and or policies with some sprinkle of corruption.
Now coming to what most of you see as libel against the government in place and the nation may I ask all of you! Where you all not in this same country when these same people in the present government criticized, slandered and dished many propaganda in a bid to discredit and malign the GEJ administration? why should anyone in their right senses decry of any criticism against the Tinubu led FGN when he Tinubu at some point staged a nationwide protest with his friends occupying Nigeria!

It just seems we forget so quick.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CrossRhodes: 5:16am On Apr 17
albert2512:

See, let me tell you something, you can't use the current price not dropping to judge d economy at all. The stuff might be artificial but when you see a fast dropping currency, always expect a reverse, it is simple in currency trading. What we witnessed last year was largely triggered by dollar hoarding cos everybody wants their money saved in dollar and this pushed against naira. I have a lot to say but I can't type. This her statement is like trying to make people hoard the dollar and cos more havoc for the naira which I totally condemn.

To bring d price down, people need to emulate Allen Oyeama by bringing their prices down. They should sell at prices they buy now and not what it use to be cos they make more protif now.
You do realize import duties are still very high?

What has FG and customs done to help importers pay less, if truly FG and customs want a working Nigeria?

If as a baker you pay very high import duties on your flour and other condiments, you will sell bread for 450?
Remember price of diesel is still high, fuel is still high, electricity tariff is high without light....

What do you expect these business men to make profit?
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CrossRhodes: 5:20am On Apr 17
DJInfluence:
No need to quarrel. You can exchange your dollars to naira if or when you have it and keep it. Then in a few months try to buy something tangible with it let's see the value then.
She is merely advising people. So those wey get ears let them hear.
They are being emotional.

Many of them crying here don't even have dollars to hold , politicians, house of reps, senators are already hoarding dollars, even tinubu has plenty foreign currency but na aisha dem dey para for grin cheesy

If you know how hope uzodimma rolls, na dollar man...E full for envelopes na so e dey pull am dey dash people.
But dem dey cry because Aisha talk true

Clowns

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by plumcomm: 5:24am On Apr 17
HIPROFILE:
until opposition plunge your life into penury,so you do opposition with investment?
Someone advised you on how to make your 1800 turn to 1000 in few weeks and you applaud that in the name of opposition?,something must be wrong with your sanity.
Mixing politics with business…what a life,God will punish the generation of those who wish this country to fail because they lost election.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Acidosis(m): 5:32am On Apr 17
What Aisha said in that tweet is common sense even though I wouldn't tweet such as most Nigerians are allergic to brutal truths. It's better to allow people learn from their own experiences. And will they ever learn?? I mean, these are people who voted Buhari twice with their full chest. The only reason they think Buhari was a disaster today is because their Lord and Master gave them that idea to run along with.

The Samsung Galaxy S24 is still $799. The dollar price hasn't changed since the phone was released. The dollar prices of electronics haven't changed either. The only thing that is changing every week is your Naira prices.

More importantly, before you allow emotions to ruin you, remember that Bat's son allegedly bought a $10.8 million house in London. One of your favourite Ministers reportedly paid over $300,000 for a house in the US. These people chose the foreign part without anyone gaslighting or advising them to buy or sell their dollars. LOL.

Economic decisions would have to be taken behind closed doors. If you play politics with your money, you will bear the consequences, good or bad, alone (with your family).

3 Likes

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by LagosFc: 5:39am On Apr 17
cucumbar:
zombie. You know more than the people in the corridors of power and foreign medias that have been saying subsidy is back abi?

The way you agbadorians think need to be studied, because it’s perplexing, strange and abnormal .
hahaha the known zombies are the obidients, they never fail to display there bitterness and hatred, no wonder you are on my mention crying and wailing. 90% of them are from a certain cursed tribe😂
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Abaziaka: 5:55am On Apr 17
Dpharisee:
Its just common sense, your $1000 will always buy items worth $1000 but you can not guarantee your N1000 buying the same loaf of bread tomorrow morning
Just recheck what you type.
Indeed common sense is not common
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Druss(m): 6:06am On Apr 17
As long as we don't start ramping up production of items we can export, she is right. Nigeria must fight insecurity leading to poor access to food and farms. Nigeria must also improve its manufacturing ability and performance. Anything else and the Naira will resume freefall.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Apr 17
Abaziaka:

Just recheck what you type.
Indeed common sense is not common
What the other typed is near correct. It is for that reason that Nigeria's reserves is stored in dollars and not naira. It is for this reason that dollars are being spent to make the naira look better than it really is. And your politicians continue to spend in dollars to this day even as they tell you all to do away with your own dollars. undecided

Dollar has not moved in value much in all of this time. Rather, it has been the naira struggling even to this day. Government may have poured over $1 billion down the hole in the last 30 days to shore up the naira but what remains missing are infrastructure projects, inproved and increased local production of good, etc. so what happens when Government stops pouring dollars down the drain to raise the Naira? Na only Dangote and NNPC be Nigeria hope, again ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by virginchaser(m): 6:09am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

Many countries won't tolerate one tenth of these distraction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Osinbajo Viewing Election Results In APC Situation Room / Imagine The Dino Melaye That Tried To Troll Peter Obi (Pictures) / GEJ Militarizes Abuja For His Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.