Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu (57722 Views)

Convert Your Dollars To Naira Before Dangote Refinery Starts – Omokri To Nigeria / Naira Will Appreciate, Dump Your Dollars To Avoid Tears – Onanuga / Wike Replies Ganduje: Your Dollars Won't Work In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Druss(m): 6:09am On Apr 17
Goodvibes007:

This is sabotaging. No opposition in other developed country would try to sabotage its own economy for political clout. Aishat is only trying to make the job of the CBN more difficult by trying to kill people's confidence in the naira, and guess who suffers..the masses.

See Tinubu in GEJs days for your response. APC did worse than this.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Druss(m): 6:11am On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
What the other typed is near correct. It is for that reason that Nigeria's reserves is stored in dollars and not naira. It is for this reason that dollars are being spent to make the naira look better than it really is. And your politicians continue to spend in dollars to this day even as they tell you all to do away with your own dollars. undecided

Dollar has not moved in value much in all of this time. Rather, it has been the naira struggling even to this day. Government may have poured over $1 billion down the hole in the last 30 days to shore up the naira but what remains missing are infrastructure projects, inproved and increased local production of good, etc. so what happens when Government stops pouring dollars down the drain to raise the Naira? Na only Dangote and NNPC be Nigeria hope, again ? undecided

Kpom! People are using emotions and not knowledge in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Difrent: 6:15am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

Easy way to become a witch

Just swear to whatever not to see the progress of your own country, lobatan.

How can some people do just because their principal loss in a contested election, the person wey come third oo and ever since they never wish the best for the country.

It's time for FG to consider banning any association with the name of Obidients.

We can't continue to be shying away about their bitterness, hatred and their evil wishes towards the progress and development of Nigeria

PBAT That I know can be brutal, he will get their time by the time the economy gets on track, He will definitely do something about them if they haven't stopped by then

He knows how to deal with political opposition and his opponents in Lagos can attest to that. Maybe we go go look the books of NPA tincan island port In 1993 when Ekuke was Chairman.....let's start there
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by predictor1: 6:18am On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim considering the latest dip in the reserves began about the same time that the Government claimed it had begun working on the Naira. And unlike previous dips previous dips on the same account which I assume went to serving debts, import needs, etc., this most recent dip has yet to level out even after almost 30 days. So, I am at a loss here when it comes to exactly what it is you are attempting to blindly argue. grin
Well done. wink
A dip of less than a billion dollars for a major importing country like Nigeria! Thank you for this chart.
Argentina's own right now is at zero foreign reserve while Sri Lanka's own has fallen to $50m. Our own is still above $30bn. Less than $1bn and someone is saying " This deep depletion we keep seeing." You are doing well, carry on. grin
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 6:32am On Apr 17
predictor1:
Well done. wink
A dip of less than a billion dollars for a major importing country like Nigeria! Thank you for this chart.
Argentina's own right now is at zero foreign reserve while Sri Lanka's own has fallen to $50m. Our own is still above $30bn. Less than $1bn and someone is saying " This deep depletion we keep seeing." You are doing well, carry on. grin
You call this a dip of less than a billion dollars when so far what seems like over 2 Billion is gone down the drain so far -- with near no immediate end in sight-- and Nigeria has nothing -in the way of development, industry investment, or even production ramp up of goods to show for it? shocked shocked shocked shocked

You know what, na my fault engaging you. No vex at all! lipsrsealed

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by predictor1: 6:42am On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
You call this a dip of less than a billion dollars when so far what seems like over 2 Billion is gone down the drain so far -- with near no immediate end in sight-- and Nigeria has nothing -in the way of development, industry investment, or even production ramp up of goods to show for it? shocked shocked shocked shocked

You know what, na my fault engaging you. No vex at all! lipsrsealed
About #4tr was used in settling debts a few weeks ago. Where did you think the money came from? From your Kobo kolo? Well done, Ma. wink

No vex, na me dey waste my time engaging someone blinded by ignorance and bitterness.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 6:42am On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
So you admit then that the Government in fact dipped deep into the reserves to shore up the Naira during the last 30 days, right? undecided

No! What makes dollar come down is the policy of CBN Nair is actually under value, CBN block all the loop holes that is affecting dollar then we start seeing the resukt, like binaance, BDC factors, hoarding of dollar by banks, remember the CBN juts clear over $7billion of Fx owe by past administration
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by greatseed: 6:49am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

How can some people do just because their principal loss in a contested election, the person wey come third oo and ever since they never wish the best for the country.

It's time for FG to consider banning any association with the name of Obidients.

We can't continue to be shying away about their bitterness, hatred and their evil wishes towards the progress and development of Nigeria c
That Aishot Yosufu on whatever dey call her is the most deluded thief & desperate girl in that 419 syndicate desperate to rule a country this economically vast. Ordinary state dem' no fit, talkless of Country. Delusions are real. To me this Aishot is a desperate she goat
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by greatseed: 6:53am On Apr 17
MrProlific95:
Useless advice
Obviously the stupid bigot can only advise her fellow obidunce bigots as zombies heading in same Rong direction
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 6:56am On Apr 17
Paramount01:
βˆ† No! What makes dollar come down is the policy of CBN Nair is actually under value, CBN block all the loop holes that is affecting dollar then we start seeing the resukt, like binaance, BDC factors, hoarding of dollar by banks, remember the CBN juts clear over $7billion of Fx owe by past administration
1. Dollar never came down. Dollar has not changed in value against the Naira since all of this began last year. lipsrsealed

2. CNN did not just clear $7 Billion in Forex backlogs last month. Instead CNN cleared the last amount of $1.5 Billion as of March 21st of last month, almost 3 weeks ago. Yet the reserves continues to dip down with no end in sight even till today. lipsrsealed

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by greatseed: 6:59am On Apr 17
Wainey:
Seriously this woman does not have brain.
2months ago, if u have a $1000k, u can buy N1.8m worth of goods.
Now that ur 1k dollar can only buy N1m.
If u decide to take this advice, ur 1k dollar may only buy N700k worth of things in the near future.
No wonder Obi decided to take advice from a mad man instead of his supporters
Very aptly said grin grin grin
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 7:00am On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
1. Dollar never came down. Dollar has not changed in value against the Naira since all of this began last year. lipsrsealed

2. CNN did not just clear $7 Billion in Forex backlogs last month. Instead CNN cleared the last amount of $1.5 Billion as of March 21st of last month, almost 3 weeks ago. Yet the reserves continues to dip down with no end in sight even till today. lipsrsealed

So dollar is still #1900
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 7:05am On Apr 17
Paramount01:
βˆ†. So dollar is still #1900
shocked shocked shocked shocked sad shocked shocked

Abeg no vex... Na me make mistake think say na person I dey talk to so. No vex at all. lipsrsealed
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:14am On Apr 17
I can never panic & throw away my $ anyhow cos I trade with it!

Aisha's advice is 4 peeps with dollars.

Pls let the dollar continue crashing down so we can buy more than enuf for our online trading bizness!

Up jagaban!

cool

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Matrix137(m): 7:16am On Apr 17
Wow
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CharleyBright(m): 7:30am On Apr 17
Paramount01:

Pls met me ask you a simple question, IF FG STILL subsidize petrol,where are the getting those huge revenue every month to share, remember, the past administration has sold crude oil till June this year and collected the money

The problem with most of you Tinubu supporters are that u see the truth and you deliberately turn blind eyes.
Have you not heard several APC stalwarts openly saying FG is still paying subsidy?
If you hear opposition saying FG is paying subsidy, I know u will say they say so because they are opposition, by even APC members say so.
Have u not heard El- Rufai recently saying so?
Have you not heard the IMF saying so?
Have you heard the FG denying it?
Can you swear that you will agree Thunder fire you if Tinubu is paying subsidy
If I hear that FG is paying subsidy from sources that I would consider reliable, why should I not believe??

Tinubu promised to used monies saved from subsidy removal to provide infrastructures and palliatives to cushion effects of subsidy removal, why hasn't he done so in almost one year of his tenure?
Make una they fear God with some of the lies you people lie for Tinubu ooo.

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 7:34am On Apr 17
CharleyBright:

The problem with most of you Tinubu supporters are that u see the truth and you deliberately turn blind eyes.
Have you not heard several APC stalwarts openly saying FG is still paying subsidy?
If you hear opposition saying FG is paying subsidy, I know u will say they say so because they are opposition, by even APC members say so.
Have u not heard El- Rufai recently saying so?
Have you not heard the IMF saying so?
Have you heard the FG denying it?
Can you swear that you will agree Thunder fire you if Tinubu is paying subsidy
If I hear that FG is paying subsidy from sources that I would consider reliable, why should I not believe??

Tinubu promised to used monies saved from subsidy removal to provide infrastructures and palliatives to cushion effects of subsidy removal, why hasn't he done so in almost one year of his tenure?
Make una they fear God with some of the lioes you people lie for Tinubu ooo.

I just ask a simple question, if they subsidize as you claimed, where are they getting the hug money they now share. If they subsidize and still have that money I think that subsidy is good
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by 1000Capacity: 7:34am On Apr 17
Latakia:
And this was the person pencil down to become finance minister under Obi government grin

Nigeria doggy a bullet
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CharleyBright(m): 8:01am On Apr 17
Paramount01:

I just ask a simple question, if they subsidize as you claimed, where are they getting the hug money they now share. If they subsidize and still have that money I think that subsidy is good

Dude, how old are you?
There will always be monies to share to states in the feeding bottle federalism Nigeria practice.
Are you aware that Nigeria's Foreign reserve is fast depleting by the day under Tinubu charade govt? Could it be the source of funds to states?
Are you not aware that the FG is borrowing to fund some of their expenditures? The $3.2 billion AFri-Exim Bank loan could be part of the charade.

I have answered your questions. Now answer mine.:

1. If the FG has stopped subsidy payment why is IMF saying they haven't stop? Why are APC members saying the FG is paying subsidy?

2. Why has Tinubu not used monies saved to fulfill his promises to provide subsidy removal palliatives??

3. Can you swear with your life that FG has removed subsidy?

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Hotice085: 8:33am On Apr 17
Racoon:
The lie and propaganda government is simply subsidising the dollar just as they are doing with the fraudulent fuel subsidy case. This is because the price of goods and services are not on a commensurate downward trend as the dollar is allegedly doing. This is why Reno Omokri propaganda of recent is only focused on this issue.

It seems you are among those criminals that submitted fake dollars claim that was rejected by the CBN
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by JUBILEE2000: 9:08am On Apr 17
Dpharisee:
Its just common sense, your $1000 will always buy items worth $1000 but you can not guarantee your N1000 buying the same loaf of bread tomorrow morning

The only person who understood what the woman meant....kudos

1 Like

Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Paramount01(m): 9:33am On Apr 17
CharleyBright:

Dude, how old are you?
There will always be monies to share to states in the feeding bottle federalism Nigeria practice.
Are you aware that Nigeria's Foreign reserve is fast depleting by the day under Tinubu charade govt? Could it be the source of funds to states?
Are you not aware that the FG is borrowing to fund some of their expenditures? The $3.2 billion AFri-Exim Bank loan could be part of the charade.

I have answered your questions. Now answer mine.:

1. If the FG has stopped subsidy payment why is IMF saying they haven't stop? Why are APC members saying the FG is paying subsidy?

2. Why has Tinubu not used monies saved to fulfill his promises to provide subsidy removal palliatives??

3. Can you swear with your life that FG has removed subsidy?

To your qustion,

1) any A. P. C saying that they still subsidize should bring the prove, they are those that are angry that Tinubu did not give them appointments, like El Rufai. If IMF said Nigeria still subsidize let the publish it and let see
2)if yiu have not see the impact of the money removed from subsidy in your state then ask your governor, bacuase now, the Governor collected *3 of what they collect before, and all this money is gotten from subsidy removal given to state. In fact palatives are given to state through their senetors and govenor, If yiu don't see it ask them, we in the north collected our own

When did federal Govt borrowed money, that is the they money they are sharing every month for the past 10months now
That money must be a very huge amount that can never finish
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by garfield1: 10:29am On Apr 17
onuman:

Progress of one's country? What progress did Nigeria make after its ruling APC through the INEC Chairman appointed by APC government, threw away the ultramodern system for collation of voting results, but resorted to PRIMITIVE and NEVER TRANSPARENT manual collation of vote results to produce a loser as president of Nigeria last presidential election? All these after the head of the election umpire swore before the public that no other method except the system of electronic transmission of vote results would be used to conduct the general elections of 2023 in Nigeria.
APC stole the presidential election and didn't border about the credibility problems it created for INEC and democracy in Nigeria.

Stole from who? Why are you so bitter? Was obi going to win
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by garfield1: 10:52am On Apr 17
onuman:

Opposition is the oil for democracy. Too many other saner people still see Tinubu as an illegitimate president judging from the most deceptive and most bastardized election process which brought Tinubu to power. The Judicial process is not something saner country's judiciary can touch even with a long spoon.
How many 3rd world countries still use manual collation of votes results?
Which other country's court would not ask the INEC Chairman: if your transmission system developed a problem, why didn't you suspend the transmission/collation process momentarily, and restore the system, thereafter, continue the transmission/collation process?

Oga,if electronic transmission fails,you simply deploy manual
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by CharleyBright(m): 10:52am On Apr 17
Paramount01:

To your qustion,

1) any A. P. C saying that they still subsidize should bring the prove, they are those that are angry that Tinubu did not give them appointments, like El Rufai. If IMF said Nigeria still subsidize let the publish it and let see
2)if yiu have not see the impact of the money removed from subsidy in your state then ask your governor, bacuase now, the Governor collected *3 of what they collect before, and all this money is gotten from subsidy removal given to state. In fact palatives are given to state through their senetors and govenor, If yiu don't see it ask them, we in the north collected our own

When did federal Govt borrowed money, that is the they money they are sharing every month for the past 10months now
That money must be a very huge amount that can never finish

You are a learner.
Did Tinubu tell Nigerians he was going to remove subsidy and share the monies to state governors
What is my concern with monies he gives to Governors. Has the monies not been given to them before subsidy removal?
He said he would remove subsidy and provide palliatives and infrastructures, he didn't say he will share the monies to governors to loot.
Dude, get serious and hold your leaders Accountable.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:58am On Apr 17
Difrent:

PBAT That I know can be brutal, he will get their time by the time the economy gets on track, He will definitely do something about them if they haven't stopped by then

He knows how to deal with political opposition and his opponents in Lagos can attest to that. Maybe we go go look the books of NPA tincan island port In 1993 when Ekuke was Chairman.....let's start there
wat happened in 1993?
were u born then?
wat was emilokans influence over Lagos talk less of NPA in 1993?
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Kingspin(m): 10:59am On Apr 17
Babalegba:
Until the reforms kick in. Naira has been severely undervalued for some time, Cbn intervenes to nudge the market in the right direction. It will find its value when the refineries start working, the economic reforms kick in and there is liquidity in the market. Dollar hoarders are going to cry very soon.
This is not the first time, Nigeria is defending her currency. As I said we will wait to see how far.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Adegbem02: 11:17am On Apr 17
helinues:
grin

We can't continue to be shying away about their bitterness, hatred and their evil wishes towards the progress and development of Nigeria
What you don't understand is plenty, ignorance is no. 1 people in Nigeria
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by currentbrands(m): 11:48am On Apr 17
Let's leave party sentiments aside and focus on the individual. Tinubu's government is working, and there are visible evidences of improvements. Let's imbibe a supportive spirit.
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Lacash: 11:52am On Apr 17
nlfpmod:

Aisha Yesufu
And if dem carry her Papa now, the Obituary go talk say na Witch hunting πŸ˜„
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by seunowa(f): 11:55am On Apr 17
Owutuotuo:

Hopefully, you understand that the dollar is being subsidized from using our FX reserves. Second, the direct sales to BDC has cut off that fraud by commercial banks reselling at higher prices. Our oil production level has remained low, of which this forms almost 90% of our FX income. So the reality is, we’re not making enough USD to cater for the demand, but robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Please can you explain to me why there's convergence between parallel market and official market. Because I don't seem to understand,Parallel market is lower than official market.. please I need your explanation to check something
Re: Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu by Shokoloko(f): 12:10pm On Apr 17
MrProlific95:
Useless advice
It's not useless. She us right.
I was a banker for almost 2 decades and saved my money in USD. Moved to Canada and even here, a large chunk of my savings is in USD not CAD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Obedient" Seen On Advert Of APC's Candidate (Pix) / Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vows To Set Nigeria On Fire / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.