Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (143218 Views)

Making & Finishing Of Interior Painting/design / The Finishing Of A 6 Bedrooms Duplex At Enelka In Portharcourt / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^^ which suggests that you have 4 flats on each floor as you said its one storey?
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by TBrownAuto(m): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
@spyderman yes four flat each room is 12 by 10 the parlour has dinning too has two step all with 2 balcony each flat
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2011
TBrownAuto:

@spyderman yes four flat each room is 12 by 10 the parlour has dinning too has two step all with 2 balcony each flat

Hmmmm!!! Man, why not let us have a feel of you house?

Any pictures??
If you can add the cost so far to it
I'm sure it will help a whole lot of people around here manh!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by kikeige: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
@ Am Alone,
I must say a big kudos to you on your taste and passion for quality.I fall into the same category.
The biggest problem with building in 9ja is finishings.One can spend millions on the carcass and still end up with a house not looking as nice as half the actual cost.
Can you send some pictures and contact info of the person who did your windows(with the specifications in terms of wether the windows come with engine opener or manual, powder coated etc) and the tiles (floor and walls) to my address at   shawlar_0@yahoo.com (pls note it is zero after shawlar not alphabet).
I am seriously looking for a professional tile laying person.I am yet to see one that meets my standard.A lot of them don't  use the right material and technique for grouting and that is very important in the outcome of the tile laying job.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2011
@kikeiye, you are right on target, the biggest problem about our naija houses is finishing, i am currently trying to change things, I have it in me to change things as much as I can, to be innovative, creative and artistic all at once, while watching my budget with one eye at the same time.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by TBrownAuto(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2011
@Am alone will upload some pics soonest with per level total cost cos have forgetten some figures to be sincere but remember 80%
@spyderman finishing well mine is for let little finishing but at least grade A material to aviod high maintainace but for the window at least tower is okay
that of am alone is expensive and the guage for the roofing is standard too 0.55 am planning 0.50 step tiles

how u finish your house depend on your pocket and the purpose of the house light finishing is okay because of maintance and for big sieze house

@am alone can you tell me the price for the alumi per square meter
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2011
kikeige:

@ Am Alone,
I must say a big kudos to you on your taste and passion for quality.I fall into the same category.
The biggest problem with building in 9ja is finishings.One can spend millions on the carcass and still end up with a house not looking as nice as half the actual cost.
Can you send some pictures and contact info of the person who did your windows(with the specifications in terms of wether the windows come with engine opener or manual, powder coated etc) and the tiles (floor and walls) to my address at   shawlar_0@yahoo.com (pls note it is zero after shawlar not alphabet).
I am seriously looking for a professional tile laying person.I am yet to see one that meets my standard.A lot of them don't  use the right material and technique for grouting and that is very important in the outcome of the tile laying job.

My man, I am yet to get a perfect tiler o!!!! Tiler doing my work now for my standard I think I can give him 7
The work he did for my master bedroom for me is 9 over 10 and I really applaud him on that one.
The other guy he came with that did the visitors toilet, get another 9 for work done so far!!!!!
Another guy he came with deserve jus 4 (THANK GOD HE DIDN'T DO MUCH WORK).
But for another toilet inside the house, the main tiler score 7 for my standard!!!!!!!!
Lastly, he started the kitchen today(Main tiler).
I went there this evening to see the work done so far!!!!!
For the kitchen work, I give him 1 over 10.
He was apologetic. What can I say
LOL!!!!!!!
You won't believe he has to remove the WHOLE TILES on the kitchen wall
When I complained(The guy is humble I must say and don't want to displease me because they know I pay upfront without dept). . .

So for now, I don't think I can give you his number as I am still verifying him.
But for the Window guy, check you mail!!!!!

Lastly @ TBrownAuto My aluminium roof is 0.55 Guage and goes for 1400 per square meter
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by kikeige: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
@spider880

That makes the two of us.I am actually looking at going for training, while in USA, about laying tiles and custom carpentry.Pls, let me know how you intend to go about this without being extravagant yet not compromising on quality. We can work together, but if you know of any one for now to recommend that does a good tile job, I will like to have the contact info.I am about to start the finishings of my 4-bedroom twin duplex  and I am very particular about the end product.
@Am Alone
Thanks for your response, but I still need the tiler's info.Not to worry, I won't engage him until he finishes your project satisfactorily.Of course, there is no better reference for him than you regarding the work he did for you. I dey wait for you to e-mail me asap.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by ganny1: 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
@ am alone my email address is kotgan2k3@yahoo.com
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2011
You are Alone, answer my question now abi me and you dey fight?

Caseymoney:
Can you provide the cost of the new roof, quoins(corner stone), window hood, and pillar?
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
^^^^^

Man, I have answered that question several times!!! Check my pervious qoute!!!!
The pillar is around 8k each
The window hood is 3k
the quoins I negotiated it with the other work as it is not very long!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by ganny1: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ am alone, pls am stil waitn 4 d numbers u promise 2 send. i mean d number from d pop man, the aluminium company nd d window aluminium man
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Sorry I will do that tomoro

So the POP is it the exterior POP man??
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by ganny1: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2011
thanks 4 d respond. both d interior nd exterior
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
Am Alone, are your interior and exterior doors local made or imported? Can you provide the cost of your double entrance door and interior doors. I'm looking at shipping some tiles for my house. However, I'm being skeptical, based on the feedback i'm getting in regards to a good tiler. I'm willing to buy all materials needed which includes tile, thinset and grout for the installation of the tiles.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
Am alone, pls don't keep us in the dark again oooo.

We are expecting pictures and more words from you.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
caseymoney:

Am Alone, are your interior and exterior doors local made or imported? Can you provide the cost of your double entrance door and interior doors. I'm looking at shipping some tiles for my house. However, I'm being skeptical, based on the feedback i'm getting in regards to a good tiler. I'm willing to buy all materials needed which includes tile, thinset and grout for the installation of the tiles.

My interior door are the imported china doors. And its of 2 types
One sells for 14k5 and the other sells for 17k5
installation is 2k5 per door and the fixing of the handle
But for the main entrance door
It is turkey and sells for 120k

Then I have another 4 feet door like that on inside the house
It was used for the lobby
I got that one 32k.
Note all my doors are the roof surface onces(it is a little bit more expensive and doesn't change color)
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
atasteve:

Am alone, pls don't keep us in the dark again oooo.

We are expecting pictures and more words from you.

Okay more words:

The tilers all through with my 3 toilets and now inside my Kitchen sorry; Madam's Office - LOL!!!!!!

And for the POP man, he's almost through with the Masters bedroom
but he's working inside another bedroom.

The phone I'm using to take this pictures isn't so cool.
Hope to use my other phone that has a beta camera!!!!

Also, for my POP, I am paying 2700 per square meter(Any Design I want)

Then for the tiler, I'm paying 270 per square meter for the tiles and 350 per square meter for my marble tiles. . . . .
Hope I'm not missing anything

Attached is the Master bedroom POP

More pictures of my house to follow by tomorrow sha!!!!

Anymore thing, please ask

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:01am On Nov 24, 2011
The above picture is not painted yet ooo. . . .

Sometimes knowing what you want can help alot!!!!
Especially when you've got good and obedient workmen

You won't believe how many tiles my tiler have to remove and replace
just to satisfy me. Wasting time and energy!!!!

I love him for that!!!!

I will post more pictures tomoro or the next tomoro
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:23am On Nov 24, 2011
SOmE tIl3s YOu mAY LiK3

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:25am On Nov 24, 2011
SOmE M0r3 tIl3s YOu mAY LiK3

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2011
Note I don't have any of those in my house o lol
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 12:40am On Nov 24, 2011
My guy, ask the man if he can do these styles for same N2,700, I have a friend in Lagos asking prices.

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:44am On Nov 24, 2011
hahahah!!!!!

I wil ask him
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:48am On Nov 24, 2011
The picture you posted above is very nice. . .
But the problems with those kind of POP work(with too much designs)
Is that in the future, if it eventually have any problem, it will be very difficult to repair
as designs extint overtime!!!!!!

That is more of the reason why I am using plain pop!!!!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 2:00am On Nov 24, 2011
Am Alone:

My interior door are the imported china doors. And its of 2 types
One sells for 14k5 and the other sells for 17k5
installation is 2k5 per door and the fixing of the handle
But for the main entrance door
It is turkey and sells for 120k

Then I have another 4 feet door like that on inside the house
It was used for the lobby
I got that one 32k.
Where is your source for the doors?
Note all my doors are the roof surface onces(it is a little bit more expensive and doesn't change color) (Noted)
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by cinzo: 7:56am On Nov 24, 2011
@Amalone, Could you pls give me the number of the man that did your step tiles roofing for you pls. I might need to contact him. Thanks and keep the pictures coming.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2011
Sorry, I mean rough surface not roof surface.

Source of doors is Mushin
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2011
Nice tiles up there
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by drills: 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
Pleaase can you inbox me the place you got the china doors kevoawani@yahoo.com
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
drills:

Pleaase can you inbox me the place you got the china doors kevoawani@yahoo.com

Mushin is a popular place in Lagos. When you get to Mushin ask Okada people where to get building material, they will take you there.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2011
Am Alone:

Okay more words:

The tilers all through with my 3 toilets and now inside my Kitchen sorry; Madam's Office - LOL!!!!!!

And for the POP man, he's almost through with the Masters bedroom
but he's working inside another bedroom.

The phone I'm using to take this pictures isn't so cool.
Hope to use my other phone that has a beta camera!!!!

Also, for my POP, I am paying 2700 per square meter(Any Design I want)

Then for the tiler, I'm paying 270 per square meter for the tiles and 350 per square meter for my marble tiles. . . . .
Hope I'm not missing anything

Attached is the Master bedroom POP

More pictures of my house to follow by tomorrow sha!!!!

Anymore thing, please ask

This is cool as usual, typical of am alone smiley Well done.

We will be expecting more pictures o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution / How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.