Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) (4439 Views)

What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? / I Betrayed The Brotherhood And Payed Dearly For It. / Can A Man Love His Woman Dearly And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 9:08am On Apr 21
So, a few days back something happened to me that made me understand the saying that "if you think education is expensive, try ignorance"

I've never thought much about this but each time I think about it, I thought about the school fees and the struggles of students in school.

I'm not so sure if ignorance is that expensive.

That was until the day before yesterday.

You see, I build websites for businesses. Websites at a very affordable rate, something like 15k will get the job done.

So, lately, I've been getting a lot of work and managing the hosting payments was becoming a drag.

So, I decided to set up a hosting company on my own.

This way everything is automated for my clients and they could get their invoice when they should.

On my own end, I could easily perform upgrades for them without remembering all their individual passwords.

But while setting this up, I kept getting an error.

I spent the next 3-4 days baffled with the cause and the solution for this error that keeps coming up.

No solution in sight.

This is something that was supposed to run smoothly once I set it up.

But no, it won't.

The thing weak me sha.

With frustration, I decided to ask this my guy who is an expert in the area to help.

This guy charged me 50k o.

Omo.

Anyways, I thought I should give it one last try and see.

And just as I finished setting things up, I changed my php but this time I decided to check my dot ini files.

It was then I realized that while the operation was failing was because no dot ini files were being created.

This is something I could solve with just a click!

Long story short, I clicked on the button to create the ini files and everything ran smoothly.

No 50k sent to anyone. grin

This is the hosting website now fully up and running. [https://pager.com.ng]

This got me thinking, a lot of times we pay greatly for things we don't know.

I know a friend that help people "set up" their new laptops. He charges them anywhere from 15k-20k.

Most times, all he does is to download and install windows for them with Microsoft apps.

All which anyone can do with little effort and for free.

But then again, you'll need to sit down and learn. And to be sincere not everyone have that time.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 9:10am On Apr 21
Since you are here smiley

I design websites for businesses for only 15k

I design investment platforms. I also design e-commerce websites just like jumia or jiji.

I also design real estate websites, blogs and websites for businesses.

All for 15k only.

WhatsApp 070 5582 2849

1 Like

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by DeeNet1: 9:14am On Apr 21
Okay
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Albertone(m): 9:17am On Apr 21
So you created a thread to advertise yourself in disguise, innit?

7 Likes

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 9:21am On Apr 21
Albertone:
So you created a thread to advertise yourself in disguise, innit?
I don't see anything wrong with that.

The whole point of people creating content online is to entertain, give information and then make money from it.

As long as I didn't deceive you there's nothing wrong with it

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Albertone(m): 9:42am On Apr 21
Proudman1:
I don't see anything wrong with that.

The whole point of people creating content online is to entertain, give information and then make money from it.

As long as I didn't deceive you there's nothing wrong with it

Read rule 18 of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by MikeofKd(m): 9:50am On Apr 21
Saved your contact, might give you a contract soon but my own share is inevitable sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by jmoore(m): 9:51am On Apr 21
15k for website? Una don downgrade that stuff with underpricing.

How much be hosting price and domain name sef?

With the epileptic power supply, I go buy petrol for 700 naira per liter, come dey charge 15k. Na akara business?

You dey try oh!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 10:37am On Apr 21
no worries boss
MikeofKd:
Saved your contact, might give you a contract soon but my own share is inevitable sha.
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 10:39am On Apr 21
jmoore:

With the epileptic power supply, I go buy petrol for 700 naira per liter, come dey charge 15k. Na akara business?

You dey try oh!
I think everyone understand their business model. E no make sense to samsung to sell their phones for 70k that no means say infinix no fit sell their own at that price.

Everybody know wetin dem dey do. focus on your lane bro

6 Likes

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 10:40am On Apr 21
Albertone:

Read rule 18 of Nairaland
I don't see your point undecided
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Zombieoppressor(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:

I design investment platforms. I also design e-commerce websites just like jumia or jiji.

All for 15k only.

WhatsApp 070 5582 2849

Are you for real?

What about mobile apps?
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Albertone(m): 1:03pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:
I don't see your point undecided

Adverts should be in the right place i.e the spot on Nairaland for ads.
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by SouthSouth1914: 1:04pm On Apr 21
And you posted this on ROMANCE section? Little mistakes will always give you an error!

1 Like

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by CR777: 2:10pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:
So, a few days back something happened to me that made me understand the saying that "if you think education is expensive, try ignorance"

I've never thought much about this but each time I think about it, I thought about the school fees and the struggles of students in school.

You see, I build websites for businesses. Websites at a very affordable rate, something like 15k will get the job done.

So, lately, I've been getting a lot of work and managing the hosting payments was becoming a drag.

This way everything is automated for my clients and they could get their invoice when they should.

On my own end, I could easily perform upgrades for them without remembering all their individual passwords.

I spent the next 3-4 days baffled with the cause and the solution for this error that keeps coming up.

No solution in sight.

But no, it won't.

The thing weak me sha.

With frustration, I decided to ask this my guy who is an expert in the area to help.

Omo.

And just as I finished setting things up, I changed my php but this time I decided to check my dot ini files.

It was then I realized that while the operation was failing was because no dot ini files were being created.

Long story short, I clicked on the button to create the ini files and everything ran smoothly.

I know a friend that help people "set up" their new laptops. He charges them anywhere from 15k-20k.

Most times, all he does is to download and install windows for them with Microsoft apps.

But then again, you'll need to sit down and learn. And to be sincere not everyone have that time.

Send me your number, let's talk

1 Like

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by WeirdAlien: 2:17pm On Apr 21
So you want to design an e-commerce website for 15k!
It is the likes of you that makes this profession not to develop, because there's always one newbie who thinks he could do 100 websites in a few months and make 1.5m. Fact is, it never happens.
No serious business man will pay 15k to one guy for this kind of job. They'd doubt you know what you're doing!
I don't do websites again, but 10 years ago I'd charge not less than 50k for a simple website unless you're close to me. E-commerce not less than 150k. And that was 10 years ago!

If you really know your stuff, price yourself well and stop spoiling things for others.
- 100k Laptop back then is now 500k
- Fuel price over N600 now was N87
- Electricity tariff was N15, now going to N225
- Rent has gone up.
- The price of everything else has gone up, web developers too need to survive by growing their prices.

I'm no longer a player in your market, but I'm speaking for those gurus whom clients will tell "But one guy said 15k, why are you charging 200k? That's ridiculous!"

Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 3:29pm On Apr 21
CR777:

Send me your number, let's talk
070 5582 2849
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 3:30pm On Apr 21
Zombieoppressor:

Are you for real?

What about mobile apps?
yes boss. 15k for website development
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 3:31pm On Apr 21
WeirdAlien:
So you want to design an e-commerce website for 15k!
It is the likes of you that makes this profession not to develop, because there's always one newbie who thinks he could do 100 websites in a few months and make 1.5m. Fact is, it never happens.
No serious business man will pay 15k to one guy for this kind of job. They'd doubt you know what you're doing!
I don't do websites again, but 10 years ago I'd charge not less than 50k for a simple website unless you're close to me. E-commerce not less than 150k. And that was 10 years ago!

If you really know your stuff, price yourself well and stop spoiling things for others.
- 100k Laptop back then is now 500k
- Fuel price over N600 now was N87
- Electricity tariff was N15, now going to N225
- Rent has gone up.
- The price of everything else has gone up, web developers too need to survive by growing their prices.

I'm no longer a player in your market, but I'm speaking for those gurus whom clients will tell "But one guy said 15k, why are you charging 200k? That's ridiculous!"

Thank you.
what's your point exactly?
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Tombrown3(m): 4:28pm On Apr 21
jmoore:

You dey try oh!

I've switched to mobile app development cause of them.

Hosting alone is over 35k naira, no domain yet oo.

These guys think it's by building landing page. When you build a web app like I do with, you'll understand why.

Imagine 15k, how? Even if you are hosting in free platform, what about domain. Or na only . com.ng you they buy?

3 Likes

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 4:45pm On Apr 21
Tombrown3:

I've switched to mobile app development cause of them.

Hosting alone is over 35k naira, no domain yet oo.

These guys think it's by building landing page. When you build a web app like I do with, you'll understand why.

Imagine 15k, how? Even if you are hosting in free platform, what about domain. Or na only . com.ng you they buy?
why all these explanations?

I have been building websites for my clients and they are all happy. why una come dey shalaye for wetin no concern una?

You bill your client 100k i bill mine 15k. they are happy, you are happy, i am happy.

I dont attack you but you are here attacking me? what's your point exactly? cry
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by ComputerOperato: 4:46pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:

No solution in sight.

But no, it won't.

The thing weak me sha.

Omo.

You are selling to Nigerians and charging in dollars?
Mba.
Make I go front.
I host my websites using a Nigerian host and they charge me in naira and its far cheaper than yours.

Wait... your hosting is expensive but your web design is cheap?
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 4:49pm On Apr 21
ComputerOperato:

You are selling to Nigerians and charging in dollars?
Mba.
Make I go front.
I host my websites using a Nigerian host and they charge me in naira and its far cheaper than yours.

Wait... your hosting is expensive but your web design is cheap?
where do you see dollar on the website? Its in naira.

If you understand the importance of hosting, then 1k or 2k per month is not expensive especially for a good one. No be hosting wey NEPA go dey switch on and off your website be that.

This is where i host all my client's websites. so e dey solid

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by bullabong(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:

All for 15k only.

WhatsApp 070 5582 2849
Great!
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Badmashiii: 5:58pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:
why all these explanations?

I have been building websites for my clients and they are all happy. why una come dey shalaye for wetin no concern una?

You bill your client 100k i bill mine 15k. they are happy, you are happy, i am happy.

I dont attack you but you are here attacking me? what's your point exactly? cry

You're messing up the market by charging below your peers.

In as much as I'm not a player in your field,it still pains me so much when i see something like this.

How can you charge a website for 15k? Which kind of "yoruba" website can you build with such amoun?

Folks that are planning to get into IT better stay clear of web dev or anything related to it. Dumb people like the OP have already destroy the field with their greed and short-sightedness.

5 Likes

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by AcadaWriter: 6:18pm On Apr 21
Okay
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by ComputerOperato: 6:19pm On Apr 21
Proudman1:
where do you see dollar on the website? Its in naira.

If you understand the importance of hosting, then 1k or 2k per month is not expensive especially for a good one. No be hosting wey NEPA go dey switch on and off your website be that.

This is where i host all my client's websites. so e dey solid

How many words I dey speak per day wey I go dey tell lies?

Click on pricing on main menu .

Accept and correct your mistake.

Screenshots attached.

@ the bolded, I have forgotten more than you think you know about hosting.

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by austinleo78(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21
jmoore:

You dey try oh!

Walahi. It's frustrating.. I charge nothing less than 250k which is even the minimum.

That's why them go build website, the client will come to me to redesign and fix bugs ..
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by austinleo78(m): 7:28pm On Apr 21
Badmashiii:

You're messing up the market by charging below your peers.

In as much as I'm not a player in your field,it still pains me so much when i see something like this.

How can you charge a website for 15k? Which kind of "yoruba" website can you build with such amoun?

Folks that are planning to get into IT better stay clear of web dev or anything related to it. Dumb people like the OP have already destroy the field with their greed and short-sightedness.

Seems the OP isn't a web dev , but rather either a script user, ( from his post, he doesn't even know how to properly configure a server for php ), or he is a no code developer using free online ai to generate landing pages ..

5 Likes

Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 7:29pm On Apr 21
ComputerOperato:

How many words I dey speak per day wey I go dey tell lies?

1. Click on pricing on main menu .

Accept and correct your mistake.

Screenshots attached. That's a different page. The pricing was clear on the homepage

2. @ the bolded, I have forgotten more than you think you know about hosting.
1. that's a different page under development.

The pricing was clear on the homepage.

2. Alright, you know everything there's to know about hosting. Good for you.
Re: You'll Pay Dearly For Things You Don't Know (Pic) by Proudman1: 7:30pm On Apr 21
austinleo78:

Walahi. It's frustrating.. I charge nothing less than 250k which is even the minimum.

That's why them go build website, the client will come to me to redesign and fix bugs ..
you do what you do. I do what I do. Why my own dey vex you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys: Would You Marry A Girl That You Impregnated? / I've Had My Share Of Igbo Men,but This Yoruba Boy Speaks Depths To Me... / Top 3 Most Urgly Girls In Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.