Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) (17345 Views)

Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Ekiti Governorship Election: Ooni Of Ife Is Sad Over Political Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:20am On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:
[b]There is one thing I dislike about these people!! They never allow us rest. Why always disturbing my Edo state

What concerns is Bini people with Yorubas ? 5hee pandering old men want political help hence this rubbish.

No true Bini man accepts this rubbish Yoruba supremacist origin story .You are 100% Yoruba there is nothing you can do about it

That's how I slapped one stupid Yoruba boy the other day talking rubbish about my oba being under their Yoruba kings.

Yorubas should leave us alone !!!! Leave us alone !! This forced famzing is not funny at all angry

I hate it!! I really really do not like it or these people!!! Why can't you leave us alone ? Do you see Edo indigenes disturbing your southwest?

What can't you leave us alone ? I really dislike these people so much angry

Either you are putting mouth in our politics or you are telling us how our culture was taken from Yoruba culture or how we are servants of Yoruba in the past or how our Oba is less than Yoruba kings what is your problem? angry[/b]

What is wrong with this people? I so much hate them ehn !! angry

If I had my way...... angry

Why can't the Yoruba leave and respect other tribes? Stop telling others who or what to think or believe.

Live in your southwest and leave others alone , seems to be too hard for Yorubas to do why?
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by nams77: 7:24am On Apr 27
Odotech:
A whole 40 million people suffering inferiority complex. The Edo people are 98% igodomigodo blood. But the royalty may have a Yoruba infiltration at a point. Even that infiltration has less than 5% Yoruba DNA today because they always marry pure Benin women just to gain legitimacy among the edos. The Yorubas were unable to set up a world reputable dynasty 100% by themselves hence the fight for control of igodomigodo beginning from the time of oranmiyan just the way itsekiris rather than focus on creating an itsekiri town insist on fighting for recognition as olu of warri ie king of urban urhobo and ijaw towns. The real itsekiri towns are in warri north local govt closer to Edo state by sea and has no geographic connection to urban warri in warri South LG which is 95% urhobo communities. They had to insist on naming itsekiri settlements in urhoboland such as ekurede-itsekiri just to attach to warri by force. Meanwhile, the bigger town where they carved such name from is called ekurede-urhobo community in warri. Ekurede is an urhobo word for family ie family of urhobos (ekurede urhobo). The itsekiri shamelessly, settled in a part of this town and after many years went to court to fight over ownership and renamed their part to ekurede-itsekiri. They didn't even realize ekurede was a pure urhobo word- not itsekiri word. This explains the Yoruba attempted takeover of Edo by mere renaming from igodomigodo to ile binu. That doesn't change the DNA of the pure original inhabitants neither does it change their spoken language. It's just a cosmetic takeover. Nothing to brag
I like your assertions. It looks watertight. Even though I don't know the history of these kingdoms, I think your position seems plausible

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 7:24am On Apr 27
Odotech:
A whole 40 million people suffering inferiority complex. The Edo people are 98% igodomigodo blood. But the royalty may have a Yoruba infiltration at a point. Even that infiltration has less than 5% Yoruba DNA today because they always marry pure Benin women just to gain legitimacy among the edos. The Yorubas were unable to set up a world reputable dynasty 100% by themselves hence the fight for control of igodomigodo beginning from the time of oranmiyan just the way itsekiris rather than focus on creating an itsekiri town insist on fighting for recognition as olu of warri ie king of urban urhobo and ijaw towns. The real itsekiri towns are in warri north local govt closer to Edo state by sea and has no geographic connection to urban warri in warri South LG which is 95% urhobo communities. They had to insist on naming itsekiri settlements in urhoboland such as ekurede-itsekiri just to attach to warri by force. Meanwhile, the bigger town where they carved such name from is called ekurede-urhobo community in warri. Ekurede is an urhobo word for family ie family of urhobos (ekurede urhobo). The itsekiri shamelessly, settled in a part of this town and after many years went to court to fight over ownership and renamed their part to ekurede-itsekiri. They didn't even realize ekurede was a pure urhobo word- not itsekiri word. This explains the Yoruba attempted takeover of Edo by mere renaming from igodomigodo to ile binu. That doesn't change the DNA of the pure original inhabitants neither does it change their spoken language. It's just a cosmetic takeover. Nothing to brag
Wahala ... Me I don't even drag anybody with anybody I be Yoruba .... Anything benin people call themselves na them Sabi even if they say they are igbos na them Sabi

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by aswani(m): 7:28am On Apr 27
Dream25:

No be Yoruba boy you slap, na mumu you slap... cheesy See this fool trying to form what he's not online. I once told a group of people in ugbowo campus that Oba of Benin is a Yoruba. There was a little commotion that day but none dare try slap my face, you won die?.. shocked

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man and yes, Yoruba rule the Benin kingdom.. 💯🩅

You need to be careful talking about the Ọba (gha to kpere baba) in Benin especially if you are a foreigner.

I am really surprised you weren't slapped and you should count your lucky stars that the people around you were restrained. Do not try such outside of Ugbowo or Ekhenhua campuses ever again.

Just to correct you, the Ọba might have Yoruba ancestry way way back up his ancestral tree, he is definitely not a Yoruba man.

People accuse some Ndigbo in Lagos of being less than gracious guests and you are here behaving even worse.

Don't let yourself and your family down like Obidients do.

3 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Christistruth00: 7:43am On Apr 27
grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Christistruth00: 7:44am On Apr 27
cool

FreeStuffsNG:
Lobatan.

The history and its true account have been preserved watertight.

Thank God for the wisdom of the Yoruba forebears and ancestors who built the Orun Oba Ado in Ile Ife to make it the permanent befitting resting place for every departed Oba of Benin descendant of Oranmiyan. By this historical edifice and other oral traditions, one of which was cited by the spokesman in the video, the Yoruba forever preserved the Yoruba link of the Binis and the place of the Benin royalty as direct descendants of an Ile Ife Prince in Ile Ife till date.

JuanDeDios:

I think they mean of the Benin king and his family, not of the Benin people.

slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
We know the the fact

A Benin prince founded ile ife

Oramiyan was the son of a Benin prince

Lobatan O!!

God Almighty is the God of Truth and he honours it

Obagodo of Ile Ife founded Benin and the Ogiso dynasty

Obagodo was a Prince of the Ile Ife Obatala dynasty

That was why when they got into Trouble it was to Ile Ife they returned for a new king

and Prince Oranmiyan then founded the Oba dynasty of Benin.

Cc Gregboy, TAO11

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by siant: 7:54am On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:
There is one thing I dislike about these people!! They never allow us rest. Why always disturbing my Edo state

What concerns is Bini people with Yorubas ? 5hee pandering old men want political help hence this rubbish.

No true Bini man accepts this rubbish Yoruba supremacist origin story .

That's how I slapped one stupid Yoruba boy the other day talking rubbish about my oba being under their Yoruba kings.

Yorubas should leave us alone !!!! Leave us alone !! This forced famzing is not funny at all angry

I hate it!! I really really do not like it or these people!!! Why can't you leave us alone ? Do you see Edo indigenes disturbing your southwest?

Either you are putting mouth in our politics or you are telling us how our culture was taken from Yoruba culture or how we are servants of Yoruba in the past or how our Oba is less than Yoruba kings what is your problem? angry

Why can't the Yoruba leave and respect other tribes? Stop telling others who or what to think or believe.

Live in your southwest and leave others alone , seems to be too hard for Yorubas to do why?
I thought your drunkard oba said oduduwa was from Benin who was banished to Ile Ife. This is what gave birth to all these drama
Until you these inferiority Benin people embrace the truth, you won't be left alone.
No need for hatred

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Honestey: 7:57am On Apr 27
Nooo Benin is Biafraland, Amadioha draw the map that includes Benin. Abi what have we done to Yoruba people naaa? They stole our Mandate and now our Benin land, wuheeen! Wuheeen! Wuheeen!...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by casualobserver: 8:04am On Apr 27
Basic123:

What is this one saying? 😆
What I think he is saying in an unfortunately uncouth manner is that sometime in history Benin was conquered by the yorubas. Therefore the Benin royalty has Yoruba heritage but the people of Benin do not originate from Ife. Just like the royalty of Ilorin are Fulani but the people are Yoruba or the northern Kings are all Fulani the people are Hausa. His version makes a lot of sense , his delivery is unfortunate.

What he is saying is that although historically Britain colonized Nigeria and the Queen of a Britain was at one time the Queen of Nigeria the people of Nigeria are not historically from Britain.

8 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Christlike01: 8:05am On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:
There is one thing I dislike about these people!! They never allow us rest. Why always disturbing my Edo state

Either you are putting mouth in our politics or you are telling us how our culture was taken from Yoruba culture or how we are servants of Yoruba in the past or how our Oba is less than Yoruba kings what is your problem? angry

Typical hot-headed Bini man! The Yoruba have never called the Bini a sub-group of Yoruba or anything like that. You're Bini and we are Yoruba;two totally different people. What we are however telling you and which we won't stop telling whoever cares to know is that OBA OF BENIN is of Yoruba descent through Oranmiyan, a Prince from Ile Ife. The fact is that Benin city is a Yoruba city although the land belongs to the Binis.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by fatboyslym007: 8:10am On Apr 27
[quote author=Holluwhakemmy post=129657015][/quote]

Unfortunately, your bitter cannot wash away centuries of peaceful coexistence between the Yorubas and the Binis...

When it comes to kinship alliance, it was so strong between the Yorubas and the Binis of that time...
I don't know why we erode rather than uphold such beautiful kinship alliance... So my brother, in case you are under heavy attack, YOU CAN CALL ON US WE'LL BE THERE ..

3 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by lailo: 8:15am On Apr 27
Odotech:
Omo leave story. Don't mix up things. Yorubas are not claiming relationship with Edo but Benin. Benin is different from Edo. Edo comprises of many trybes in which Benin is part. Benin people are from Yoruba land. They only left Ile Ife to settle in that their new geographical location called Edo State or Benin city to be precise. That is nothing new to human migration. Historical cum cultural ties of Benin and Yoruba are obvious witnesses.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by dealslip(f): 8:15am On Apr 27
TheCeasar:
Do you know that these chiefs has been suspended by the palace and obaseki has been sponsoring them?.

Do you know that obaseki has been rebuilding ogiamen palace and sponsoring him, the same ogiamen having issues with the oba of benin.

Do you know that obaseki has been doing everything possible to disunite Benin kingdom.

The worst part be say, asue ighodalo said he'll continue from where he stopped.

Take that as you will.
I am sure you are Igbo. You are the one sponsoring campaign of disunity. Worry about your history. Leave other people's history alone.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by HBB1(m): 8:17am On Apr 27
Odotech:

Who cares about DNA of the citizenry.

The British royal family have German ancestry, so you know.

That doesn't invalidate their claim to the English throne.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by dealslip(f): 8:18am On Apr 27
bnanny:
Yoruba better stop this nonsense. You're not the birt place of Benin. Facts have proven these times without numbers. Rubbish attaching.

I remember this man saying Yoruba is the birthplace of igbo, must you try to be higher than others? For what? Stop this nonsense already. Edo is Edo not Yoruba sub group.
Benin not Edo. The Ishans aren't Yoruba, until 3 decades ago there was no state called Edo State. Benin is the subject of discussion not the entire Edo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Christistruth00: 8:19am On Apr 27
fatboyslym007:

Unfortunately, your bitter cannot wash away centuries of peaceful coexistence between the Yorubas and the Binis...

When it comes to kinship alliance, it was so strong between the Yorubas and the Binis of that time...
I don't know why we erode rather than uphold such beautiful kinship alliance... So my brother, in case you are under heavy attack, YOU CAN CALL ON US WE'LL BE THERE ..

The bond between Oyo and. Benin both Oramiyan’s Children was so great that to my surprise

In the 15th Century Benin Princes were being sent to the Alaafin of Oyos Palace to Study Kingdom Administration, Politics and Warfare

and the Oyo Princes also were being sent to Oba of Benin Palace to Study the Benin Version of the same thing

When Oyo invaded and took over Dahomey as a vassal State , and when Oyo fought the Ashanti of Ghana
they also brought some Benin Soldiers along on their Military Expedition

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by fatboyslym007: 8:22am On Apr 27
casualobserver:

What I think he is saying in an unfortunately uncouth manner is that sometime in history Benin was conquered by the yorubas. Therefore the Benin royalty has Yoruba heritage but the people of Benin do not originate from Ife. Just like the royalty of Ilorin are Fulani but the people are Yoruba or the northern Kings are all Fulani the people are Hausa. His version makes a lot of sense , his delivery is unfortunate.

What he is saying is that although historically Britain colonized Nigeria and the Queen of a Britain was at one time the Queen of Nigeria the people of Nigeria are not historically from Britain.

Unfortunately you should read your history well and follow archeological findings...
Apparently we all came from the Niger region...
Yoruba never conquered Igodomigodo. Our kinship alliance may not have been from Oranmiyan or Oduduwa but from a long lost interactions, that allowed a Yoruba prince to establish an Oba dynasty.

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Tetraozonaitera: 8:23am On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:

A British man whose forefathers migrated to Nigeria since the 50s and had live all his life in Kano speaking Hausa fluently and chewing goro like no man's business despite the color of his skin can claim anything he likes. Everyone knows his origin. If he likes let him say Alau Akbar from January 1st till December 31st nonstop.

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by casualobserver: 8:25am On Apr 27
fatboyslym007:

Unfortunately you should read your history well and follow archeological findings...
Apparently we all came from the Niger region...
Yoruba never conquered Igodomigodo. Our kinship alliance may not have been from Oranmiyan or Oduduwa but from a long lost interactions, that allowed a Yoruba prince to establish an Oba dynasty.

Can you read? If so do you understand English? What did you write what did I write? How does a Yoruba prince establish an Oba dynasty in Benin land if not by conquest? How did the British establish a kingdom in Nigeria. Oga not all conquests are by swords or barrel of the gun. The minute a foreigner sets up a kingdom over the natives, they have been conquered. Whether by sword, by war, by gun or by signing a treaty or or the people voluntarily saying come and be our King. All conquest and conquest.

You don’t don’t know what conquer means. Conquer means to “gain control of”. The means by which that happens is irrelevant to the definition.

This account makes a lot of sense and possibly accounts for the disparity in history of the linkage between the Beni people and the yorubas. The Royalty have linkage somewhere in history but the people are different.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by HBB1(m): 8:26am On Apr 27
infofta:
A Bini Prince that fleed Benin kingdom and became a king in Ile Ife then later sent his own son to become an Oba in Benin. There is no other connection and narrative than this.

...and yet the heads of Benin Kings was being buried in Ile-Ife?

4 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Obiedun(m): 8:26am On Apr 27
Odotech:
Yoruba owns Benin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Obiedun(m): 8:29am On Apr 27
bnanny:
Yoruba better stop this nonsense. You're not the birt place of Benin. Facts have proven these times without numbers. Rubbish attaching.

I remember this man saying Yoruba is the birthplace of igbo, must you try to be higher than others? For what? Stop this nonsense already. Edo is Edo not Yoruba sub group.
Trash. They themselves claimed that they came from Ife. They were not forced to say so.

11 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Obiedun(m): 8:31am On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:

They came to Yoruba land on their on volition. They were not forced to say it. They know better than you

10 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Tetraozonaitera: 8:36am On Apr 27
Obiedun:
Yoruba owns Benin

The funny people even bear Yoruba names o.
They bear Yoruba names and Yorubas don't bear Benin names.

Bunch of bastards denying their source because of pride.

They are wailing because their own people attest to the fact that they are from Ile Ife . if they've had the opportunity to change their King's Title From OBA they would have done it.

Ask them the meaning of their Yoruba names and they'd tell you exactly what it means in proper Yoruba. So, who is fooling who?

They are the only Yoruba descendants who proudly deny their source. Other Yoruba descendants all over the world are quick to tell you they are Yorubas even when they no more speak the language.

The Akus in Gambia will tell you "we are from Oyo in Nigeria". They bear Yoruba names like Babatunde, Iyabo Ojo etc.
The Oje tribe of Serra Leone the same thing.
The ones in Cuba, Brazil etc.

Only Benin Bastards deny their source. And does that take away the pride of other Yorubas throughout the world?
Never!

THEY CAN REWRITE THEIR OWN HISTORY. WHO CARES?
ITS THEIR OWN CUP OF NESCAFE .

NONSENSE AND PLENTY of INGREDIENTS

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Padipadi(m): 8:37am On Apr 27
Odotech:
A whole 40 million people suffering inferiority complex. The Edo people are 98% igodomigodo blood. Nothing to brag
It's Benins suffering that inferiority complex. Secondly, Yorubas aren't 40 million but 80 million. Secondly, Igodomigodo are part of old Ife settlers. So Una be Yoruba pikins.
TheCeasar:
they are not oo, they are suspended chiefs from the palace been sponsored by obaseki
Did you suspend your kings that said similar things too?
Una ogisos are from Ile-Ife too. All these propaganda on Facebook is annoying. And you all better stop before it create issues that are needless. You all ll need Yorubas when Nigeria breaks up. Mark my words.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Holyfic: 8:40am On Apr 27
Odotech:
u be this kres man ekurede urhobo name This re writing of history that is mainly on false hood na be my problem with urhobo, una de claim warri and una dynasty and kingdom is not up to hundred years , what about okere na urhobo name too abii , my guy go meet your papa make e tell you truth and fact you just de make me laugh grin grin grin grin 4ck head

4 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by 2Radii: 8:42am On Apr 27
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
We know the the fact

A Benin prince founded ile ife

Oramiyan was the son of a Benin prince

And what is the name of the Benin Prince that birthed oranmiyan??

Cus the last I knew, oranmiyan was the son of Okanbi and Okanbi was a son to Oduduwa. And don't tell me oduduwa founded ileife cus ile-ife had bn in existence before the arrival of oduduwa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by fatboyslym007: 8:46am On Apr 27
casualobserver:

Can you read? If so do you understand English? What did you write what did I write? How does a Yoruba prince establish an Oba dynasty in Benin land if not by conquest? How did the British establish a kingdom in Nigeria. Oga not all conquests are by swords or barrel of the gun. The minute a foreigner sets up a kingdom over the natives, they have been conquered. Whether by sword, by war, by gun or by signing a treaty or or the people voluntarily saying come and be our King. All conquest and conquest.

You don’t don’t know what conquer means. Conquer means to “gain control of”. The means by which that happens is irrelevant to the definition.

This account makes a lot of sense and possibly accounts for the disparity in history of the linkage between the Beni people and the yorubas. The Royalty have linkage somewhere in history but the people are different.

Dictionary Conquer: overcome and take control of (a place or people) by military force.

The Yorubas never waged war to conquer Igodomigodo... So the term conquer was wrong or wrongly used...
My educated friend...

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by sammyj: 8:51am On Apr 27
grin
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by casualobserver: 8:55am On Apr 27
fatboyslym007:

Dictionary Conquer: overcome and take control of (a place or people) by military force.

The Yorubas never waged war to conquer Igodomigodo... So the term conquer was wrong or wrongly used...
My educated friend...

You chose one convenient definition. In addition to you deficiencies in English or possibly contributing to your deficiencies you do not know how to use a dictionary. That was just one definition, these are others.

With your own hands, with your own brain, in your own words, you concede the yorubas set up an oba dynasty in Benin that continues till today. That’s is all that is relevant. I get it, you are sentimental, you are petty, You don’t like the word conquest even though you admit a foreigner set up a kingdom and a foreigner ruling over a foreign people is definition of a conquest. A foreigner becomes king in your land and you say you were not conquered
what is a foreigner doing as king? Not all history is flattering but history is history
.Fulanis are kings in ilorin whether a Yoruba man likes it or not they were conquered, Britain conquered Nigeria and established an extension of their kingdom, they did not wage a war to do it, the Hausas are ruled by Fulani “foreigners”. History is about facts not convenience.I am not here to argue with nincompoops over semantics. Those reading with a brain have understood the point. Foreigners from Yoruba land clearly ruled and continue to rule over Benin even though the people of Benin are not from Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by ADSP116(m): 8:56am On Apr 27
Pele ooo Omo Igodomigodomi
CountinBlessins:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Kicks Off In Onitsha (Pictures & Video) / Which Igbo Dialect Do You Like The Most / Isese Day: Osun declares Tuesday public holiday for traditional worshippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.