Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) (17583 Views)

Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Ekiti Governorship Election: Ooni Of Ife Is Sad Over Political Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Tflex01: 2:37pm On Apr 27
NaijaPrince18:
Beautiful most of us know we are related only some miscreant non entity Benin people who think we are not.

Na Igbo people carry the thing for head pass self 😂

3 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Kurugu92(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27
Basic123:

What is this one saying? 😆
I beg ask am
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by sultry69(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:
There is one thing I dislike about these people!! They never allow us rest. Why always disturbing my Edo state

What concerns is Bini people with Yorubas ? 5hee pandering old men want political help hence this rubbish.

No true Bini man accepts this rubbish Yoruba supremacist origin story .

That's how I slapped one stupid Yoruba boy the other day talking rubbish about my oba being under their Yoruba kings.

Yorubas should leave us alone !!!! Leave us alone !! This forced famzing is not funny at all angry

I hate it!! I really really do not like it or these people!!! Why can't you leave us alone ? Do you see Edo indigenes disturbing your southwest?

What can't you leave us alone ? I really dislike these people so much angry

Either you are putting mouth in our politics or you are telling us how our culture was taken from Yoruba culture or how we are servants of Yoruba in the past or how our Oba is less than Yoruba kings what is your problem? angry

What is wrong with this people? I so much hate them ehn !! angry

If I had my way...... angry

Why can't the Yoruba leave and respect other tribes? Stop telling others who or what to think or believe.

Live in your southwest and leave others alone , seems to be too hard for Yorubas to do why?
What is this one saying? So Yoruba dragged your chiefs of Ooni palace ko.

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by DOptical: 3:26pm On Apr 27
Iykenuwa:
These people and fake stuff.

Even the Oduduwa is not a yoruba man and none of them can dispute that.

You dey craze. Oduduwa which is a Yoruba name isn't a Yoruba? You dey mad be that.

Even Before the whole existence of Bini and Ekaledehan (a Yoruba name too) who died at Ughoton existed, Oduduwa who was from Oke Ora already existed long ago.

Anyways, the Bini chiefs have always known their histories hence why they came to Ife. Oba of Bini heads were always buried in Ife as a matter of fact because "Ori Ade ko gbodo sun ta".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by BeigJawnson(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
We know the the fact

A Benin prince founded ile ife

Oramiyan was the son of a Benin prince

Did you say what? A Benin prince founded ile ife? Lol go back to history please
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by samuk: 4:01pm On Apr 27
Oba of Benin Palace reply.

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by casualobserver: 5:30pm On Apr 27
fatboyslym007:

It's a pity, you can't string a logical argument and you can't help but insult...
My educated friend, the joke is on you mehn...

If you had any sense, any reasoning faculties, any iota of grey matter, you would be more focused on the damage that has been done to us such that in an exchange between 2 custodians of our culture they feel a need to communicate in English. What culture are they preserving by that?

This should be your focus
the damage to our traditional institutions such that not only do they not know accurately their history, they don’t speak their language. How supposed emissaries from the great Benin Kingdom visit the palace of the OOni of Ife and they are speaking English!

3 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Amaoz: 6:23pm On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:
There is one thing I dislike about these people!! They never allow us rest. Why always disturbing my Edo state

What concerns is Bini people with Yorubas ? 5hee pandering old men want political help hence this rubbish.

That's how I slapped one stupid Yoruba boy the other day talking rubbish about my oba being under their Yoruba kings.

Yorubas should leave us alone !!!! Leave us alone !! This forced famzing is not funny at all angry

I hate it!! I really really do not like it or these people!!! Why can't you leave us alone ? Do you see Edo indigenes disturbing your southwest?

Either you are putting mouth in our politics or you are telling us how our culture was taken from Yoruba culture or how we are servants of Yoruba in the past or how our Oba is less than Yoruba kings what is your problem? angry

Why can't the Yoruba leave and respect other tribes? Stop telling others who or what to think or believe.

Live in your southwest and leave others alone , seems to be too hard for Yorubas to do why?
. Take it easy why can't u attack your brother who said the true
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Christistruth00: 6:38pm On Apr 27
fatboyslym007:

Unfortunately you should read your history well and follow archeological findings...
Apparently we all came from the Niger region...
Yoruba never conquered Igodomigodo. Our kinship alliance may not have been from Oranmiyan or Oduduwa but from a long lost interactions, that allowed a Yoruba prince to establish an Oba dynasty.

God Almighty is the God of Truth and he honours it

obagodo of Ile Ife founded Benin and the Ogiso dynasty

obagodo was a Prince of the Ile Ife Obatala dynasty

That was why when they got into Trouble it was to Ile Ife they returned for a new king

and Prince Oranmiyan then founded the Oba dynasty of Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by fatboyslym007: 6:42pm On Apr 27
casualobserver:

If you had any sense, any reasoning faculties, any iota of grey matter, you would be more focused on the damage that has been done to us such that in an exchange between 2 custodians of our culture they feel a need to communicate in English. What culture are they preserving by that?

This should be your focus
the damage to our traditional institutions such that not only do they not know accurately their history, they don’t speak their language. How supposed emissaries from the great Benin Kingdom visit the palace of the OOni of Ife and they are speaking English!

I will try and keep this conversation civil and educated... I leave you to your character...
You talk about not staying on conversation but now you talking about the Whiteman... Dude a little I used the wrong word would have saved you this post Ali defeated George Foreman's stunt...
Goodbye Dude... Work on your frustrations and depressions mehn...

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Konquest: 6:49pm On Apr 27
opamoses1:

Representatives from the Benin Kingdom, paying a courtesy visit to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, have affirmed Ile-Ife as the ancestral home of the Benin people.

In a now-viral video capturing the exchange, one of the emissaries told the Ooni that despite any contrary narratives circulating online, their collective understanding has always recognised Ile-Ife as their ancestral homeland.

“We have always been told that Ife is our home,” the emissary said.

The remarks made by the emissary has sparked a reaction online.

The emissary continued, “I don’t care about the propaganda on the internet or whatever anybody is saying. “We know our history and as far as we are concerned, when I was coming here, I knew I was coming to meet my father so I was very comfortable.”

The purpose of the visit was to extend an invitation to the Ooni to attend the forthcoming Patriots Award event.

The origin of the Benin Kingdom has been a subject of ongoing discussion and debate. Ile-Ife is widely regarded as the ancestral home of the Yoruba people.

The Benin Kingdom, located in what is now modern-day Edo State, has been said to have historical connections to Ife. However, there have been historical debates and conflicting claims about the precise origins of the Benin people. Some accounts and historical narratives have suggested different origins for the Benin people. This has led to disagreements and tensions regarding their historical lineage, especially on the internet.

https://punchng.com/ile-ife-is-our-home-benin-reps-tell-ooni/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwM6fvdFmM
I watched the long but engaging video of the visit of the Oba of Benin's Royal Palace high chiefs to the Ooni of Ife (Uhe). They reaffirmed their ancestral link to Ife (Uhe) as well.

I wish the young man who came with the Benin high chiefs the best in the organization of his program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Konquest: 6:50pm On Apr 27
FreeStuffsNG:
Lobatan.

The history and its true account have been preserved watertight.

Thank God for the wisdom of the Yoruba forebears and ancestors who built the Orun Oba Ado in Ile Ife to make it the permanent befitting resting place for every departed Oba of Benin descendant of Oranmiyan. By this historical edifice and other oral traditions, one of which was cited by the spokesman in the video, the Yoruba forever preserved the Yoruba link of the Binis and the place of the Benin royalty as direct descendants of an Ile Ife Prince in Ile Ife till date.

The Benin royalty is definitely Yoruba and behind the Ooni of Ife.

https://guardian.ng/features/ogiso-and-ogiamien-are-aborigine-binis-while-oba-of-benin-is-of-yoruba-descent-high-chief-esotericist-monday-wehere/
True that.

=>https://guardian.ng/features/ogiso-and-ogiamien-are-aborigine-binis-while-oba-of-benin-is-of-yoruba-descent-high-chief-esotericist-monday-wehere/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Konquest: 6:51pm On Apr 27
chopnaira:
They are welcome to their home.

Even the Oba of Benin on his coronation called himself the Son of Oranmiyan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-q_F2zch8M?si=e6yfz-uGrRaJbPZE
This video gave me goosebumps just like it did in 2016 during the coronation speech of the current Oba Ewuare II of Benin.

It's a testament to the triumph of the human spirit and the Oba of Benin clearly reaffirmed on the day of his coronation in 2016 that he is a direct descendant of Oranmiyan and that Oranmiyan is the FIRST Oba of Benin though he didn't stay long but had a son called Owo Mika (Eweka) who became the SECOND Oba of Benin kingdom. Oba Ewuare II also affirmed in 2016 that he is the 40th Oba of Benin.

Kudos to the Royal Palace of Ife and the Royal Palace of Benin for preserving secret historical knowledge about the direct ancestral links that bind them together for centuries.

The Yoruba town of Usen (Ode Awure) in Ovia South West of Edo State was founded by Oranmiyan's younger brother and Usen played a very important role in the link between Ife and Benin. They primarily speak a dialect of Yoruba and Bini language thereby being bilingual.

=>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usen_people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by AutomaticMotors: 7:08pm On Apr 27
Konquest:

This video gave me goosebumps.

It's a testament to the triumph of the human spirit and the Oba of Benin clearly reaffirmed on the day of his coronation in 2016 that he is a direct descendant of Oranmiyan and that Oranmiyan is the FIRST Oba of Benin though he didn't stay long but had a son called Owo Mika (Eweka) who became the SECOND Oba of Benin kingdom. Oba Ewuare II also affirmed in 2016 that he is the 40th Oba of Benin.

Kudos to the Royal Palace of Ife and the Royal Palace of Benin for preserving secret historical knowledge about the direct ancestral links that bind them together for centuries.

The Yoruba town of Usen (Ode Awure) in Ovia South West of Edo State was founded by Oranmiyan's younger brother also too a very important role in the link between Ife and Benin. They primarily speak a dialect of Yoruba and Bini language thereby being bilingual.

=>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usen_people

You are living in self afflicted delusion!!!!
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by KingPure(m): 7:10pm On Apr 27
Odotech:
A whole 40 million people suffering inferiority complex. The Edo people are 98% igodomigodo blood. But the royalty may have a Yoruba infiltration at a point. Even that infiltration has less than 5% Yoruba DNA today because they always marry pure Benin women just to gain legitimacy among the edos. The Yorubas were unable to set up a world reputable dynasty 100% by themselves hence the fight for control of igodomigodo beginning from the time of oranmiyan just the way itsekiris rather than focus on creating an itsekiri town insist on fighting for recognition as olu of warri ie king of urban urhobo and ijaw towns. The real itsekiri towns are in warri north local govt closer to Edo state by sea and has no geographic connection to urban warri in warri South LG which is 95% urhobo communities. They had to insist on naming itsekiri settlements in urhoboland such as ekurede-itsekiri just to attach to warri by force. Meanwhile, the bigger town where they carved such name from is called ekurede-urhobo community in warri. Ekurede is an urhobo word for family ie family of urhobos (ekurede urhobo). The itsekiri shamelessly, settled in a part of this town and after many years went to court to fight over ownership and renamed their part to ekurede-itsekiri. They didn't even realize ekurede was a pure urhobo word- not itsekiri word. This explains the Yoruba attempted takeover of Edo by mere renaming from igodomigodo to ile binu. That doesn't change the DNA of the pure original inhabitants neither does it change their spoken language. It's just a cosmetic takeover. Nothing to brag

You're such a strange fellow. On the one hand you're talking of what's forever beyond and above your realm of knowledge as if you're under a spell to commit an error.

And on the other hand you're displaying the shallowness of your perceived understanding. Bringing your Urhobo and Itsekiri melodramatic opinion side by side the history of the Yoruba's is the height of your poor sense of judgement and comparison.

Now, I leave you with this; never ever try to use your problems against the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Konquest: 7:20pm On Apr 27
Olumide Osaigbovo Akpata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RTR6QjlcRo?si=MkjG9eXUUgGQR8c9

Ogbebor N'Usen (Uncle).
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by 3exe3: 8:13pm On Apr 27
Just read on the news that the oba and the benin traditional council have suspended the emissaries

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Konquest: 8:21pm On Apr 27
aswani:

You need to be careful talking about the Ọba (gha to kpere baba) in Benin especially if you are a foreigner.

I am really surprised you weren't slapped and you should count your lucky stars that the people around you were restrained. Do not try such outside of Ugbowo or Ekhenhua campuses ever again.

Just to correct you, the Ọba might have Yoruba ancestry way way back up his ancestral tree, he is definitely not a Yoruba man.

People accuse some Ndigbo in Lagos of being less than gracious guests and you are here behaving even worse.

Don't let yourself, your family and your give down like Obidients do.
Let me step into the convo here.
Are you originally a native of Benin City?
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by johnie: 8:25pm On Apr 27
3exe3:
Just read on the news that the oba and the benin traditional council have suspended the emissaries

The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, has suspended six functionaries for allegedly presenting themselves as the palace’s emissaries before the Ooni of Ife in a function.

DAILY POST reports that a statement signed by Chief Sam Igbe, Iyase of Benin kingdom and made available to newsmen in Benin City named the suspended palace functionaries as

Johnbull Igbinosun, Iduhonre (Ihogbe), S.E. Aigbiremwen, Efesieoghoba (Ogbelaka).

Sam Igbe, who signed the statement on behalf of the Benin Traditional Council, BTC, also listed Ogbeide Osagie and Osamudiame Edo among the suspended functionaries.

He said they were suspended for allegedly engaging themselves in a sacrilegious show of shame and falsehood against the Benin Custom.

According to him, these individuals not only declared themselves subjects of the Ooni, but also rendered an inaccurate and disjointed account of the connection between the Benin Royal Dynasty and the Ooni-ship of Ife.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/27/oba-of-benin-suspends-six-officials-for-posing-as-palace-emissaries-to-ooni-of-ife/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by 3exe3: 8:29pm On Apr 27
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by aswani(m): 8:43pm On Apr 27
Konquest:

Let me step into the convo here.
Are you originally a native of Benin City?

If you let me know why you need that information, I will be happy to divulge it if I am happy about the reason you stated.

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by yemex04(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27
CountinBlessins:

Yoruba people should leave you alone how? A group of Benin Chiefs came to Ooni's palace paying a rightful homage & I wonder who is forcing attachment? be calming down o

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by aswani(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27
yemex04:

Yoruba people should leave you alone how? A group of Benin Chiefs came to Ooni's palace paying a rightful homage & I wonder who is forcing attachment? be calming down o

You are responding to an Ndigbo poster from Enugu, go and check their posting history.

Not a Benin person, just here to cause problems.
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Zool6: 9:20pm On Apr 27
Baba is realy recruiting
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by poiu44: 9:56pm On Apr 27
ThĂŹsGlobe.com
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Zool6: 10:27pm On Apr 27
U be mumu I swear
If Osaro who slept as Benin wake up as yoruba how is that other person business??So Adam Oshomole is now yoruba man grin

Maybe Igbo sent Oba to suspend the same group,

quote author=aswani post=129669314]

You are responding to an Ndigbo poster from Enugu, go and check their posting history.

Not a Benin person, just here to cause problems. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by LARAFAT1960: 6:27am On Apr 28
TheCeasar:
Do you know that these chiefs has been suspended by the palace and obaseki has been sponsoring them?.

Do you know that obaseki has been rebuilding ogiamen palace and sponsoring him, the same ogiamen having issues with the oba of benin.

Do you know that obaseki has been doing everything possible to disunite Benin kingdom.

The worst part be say, asue ighodalo said he'll continue from where he stopped.

Take that as you will.
do you know that the obaseki families has been curse by oba of Benin in 17th century.
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Ray369: 7:58am On Apr 28
Una wan carry political propaganda enter Tradition? Una no dey tire or ashamed of yourself ? Lies lies and lies ...just to gain sympathy votes ... PDP owns Edo State...just go and relax
TheCeasar:
Do you know that these chiefs has been suspended by the palace and obaseki has been sponsoring them?.

Do you know that obaseki has been rebuilding ogiamen palace and sponsoring him, the same ogiamen having issues with the oba of benin.

Do you know that obaseki has been doing everything possible to disunite Benin kingdom.

The worst part be say, asue ighodalo said he'll continue from where he stopped.

Take that as you will.
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by Obiedun(m): 8:22am On Apr 28
aswani:

The poster is Ndigbo most likely from Enugu, go and check his posting history.

You should know uncouth Obidients and how they behave by now.
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by thebar: 6:33pm On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

Shinedu how are you ?
Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by YouAreNobody: 8:53pm On Apr 28
Tflex01:

Benin kingdom precedes Igbo, Fact!
Yoruba kingdom precedes Benin, Fact!

When Binis and Yorubas already have kingdoms and empires, Igbos were still jumping from one tree to the other, naked.

Say only what you know. cool

Benin kingdom precedes Yoruba and Igbo, everyting else you said here is jargon. Just imagine a vagabond from a tribe who still believe rituals is the only source of wealth speaking nonsense.
Gettout abeg. Attache by force, always afraid of standing on their own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) by YouAreNobody: 8:54pm On Apr 28
beyondPen:

Because Igbos do that too.

They disguise to be Yorubas to get favour

Same way Yorubas disguise to be Hausa or Igbos to gain favour too, but in this case this is between you and Bini so settle your fight and not drag Igbos into it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Highlighting The Ethno-linguistic Groups that Make Up Akoko Ondo / Crazy But True Facts About Culture / Awujale At 90: Tinubu Confers GCON Award On Oba Sikiru Adetona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.