Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,342 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Family Tithing In The Diaspora - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Family Tithing In The Diaspora (14044 Views)

Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:10pm On May 12
paxonel:
You are simply a stupid Christian, mumu! grin

Whaat? for 5 years of brain washing?
Mehnnnn! grin grin grin grin

Sorry, don't be annoyed that I'm using those terms to describe you. It is simply what it is
Don't apologize, you used the right words. Even if you want to pay you don't have the right to be insisting your wife does same.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by tundebasic(m): 2:11pm On May 12
CorperKola:

Are u saying the levites were not allowed to own property
Yes, you didn't read your Bible no?
Levites are not allowed to own properties.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Lovit(m): 2:12pm On May 12
Women are manipulative bro, don't be a weak man.

Provided you have taken care of the needs of the home and have also set something aside for savings, you are free to spend your money the way you want. You may also find her something from it since she is your spouse

As per the tithing issue, its your private matter, tithe if you want and don't let your wife decide for you.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by tundebasic(m): 2:13pm On May 12
Babatwo2:
Tithing is obaying God's commandments, it is not for the pastors to become rich.
Tithing is obeying God's law through the law of Moses enacted for descendants of Levi and Aaron. Not Jesus Christ and gentiles.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:14pm On May 12
optm:
If you call it a taxation system then it should be payed to the king and not to the temple or priest as seen in the bible
Imagine this feeble argument. Ancient Israel practiced theocracy and even withe coming of Kingship with the enthroning of Saul, priests still played a key role.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by sweetrace(f): 2:18pm On May 12
rexbuton:
Please this topic wants to tear the family apart.

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This is the present sharing agreement, I bring 70%, she brings 30%.
This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

Please be wise and stop bringing your personal issues to Nairaland. If you are a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit and the Bible to guide you. If you are looking for wisdom, then go to the source.
Plus, you’re exposing yourself to nameless and faceless thieves on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:18pm On May 12
Kobojunkie:
That shows you are lying! undecided

Even in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, God of Israel is recorded to have sealed the document as belongings to the nation of Israel which He constituted in the land of Canaan of those who are descendants of the blood like that is Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Meaning no other can pretend to the same. For you to assert that the God of Israel did not mean that which He stated in His Law means you don't believe in Him at all. His name is probably just a means to an end for you as it is for most religious folks out there. undecided
Oga, about every verse you have to quote on tithing is sure to come from the old testament meaning it is just a carryover of the law of Moses into the dispensation of grace. Did you know that the Jews themselves who are the custodians of the law do not tithe? Reason is simple, there are no Levites! No one can claim to be descendants of Aaron! You can't be more Catholic than the pope!
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by tundebasic(m): 2:23pm On May 12
michaelbiz:

The work of God needs finance and you are the one God asked to finance it with TITHE?

Where are you people reading in your Bible, I don't understand. Tithes and Offerings (yes both) have been abolished, you know why?

Nobody has the office to collect tithes and offerings.
Read my lips.
NOBODY.

Offerings is a ritual of the old law for different purposes.
Tithes was a command in the old law of a tenth of all your increase.
Take note OLD LAW.

The High Priest was in the office of collecting tithes and offerings in the old law. The law has been fulfilled by the coming of Jesus Christ, whose blood replaced the need to offer God anything in exchange. Jesus OFFERED himself as the ultimate SACRIFICE. He is now the High Priest FOREVER in the order of Melchizedek (that is, having no beginning of days or end of days). Hebrews 6:20

This means, NO OTHER PERSON can collect TITHE. Your pastors and apostles know it. They don't have the authority to collect both "tithes and offerings" because it is no longer a requirement for blessings, remission of sins, protection and so on. And Jesus Christ who is the NEW High Priest DOES NOT require it. So why should anyone collect it? This is why Creflo Dollar and some other pastors came out openly to say the truth about it because it is not possible for a new testament pastor to be in the office of a High Priest.

Go and study the entire Book of Hebrews.

There are only two commands that Jesus Christ gave which fulfils ALL OF THE COMMANDMENTS

Matthew 22:36-40
Galatians 5:14
1. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God....
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

The rest will sort itself out in those two commands because you will give willingly to help others, not grudgingly. And Christ Himself said, in Matthew 25:40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

May the Holy Spirit grant you understanding.
Wow? You got it.
In fact, I got a new insight about tithe, and it's in Hebrews. I was wondering why pastors keep asking for tithes. It's like they deliberately don't teach the truth about it since it involves money.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by CorperKola: 2:25pm On May 12
tundebasic:

Yes, you didn't read your Bible no?
Levites are not allowed to own properties.
Wow
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by banku: 2:27pm On May 12
Why don't you thank God that your wife is smar?

You have no shame to bring such mumurism to social media. Tell us the part of your village Jesus or Mohamed lived or where your Bible and Koran was written to sponsor pastors and imams.

Africans and their religious, political and economic Salvation may never end as they get poorer.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by 2Radii: 2:28pm On May 12
advanceDNA:

Baba...u dey para.. grin grin
Why a no go para

Women are Kings if manipulations and when u don't play to it they still use manipulation to back up their already faltering manipulation...rubbish.

The highest mistake a man will make in life us to try to please a woman who doesn't care much about him.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by true4dtruth: 2:29pm On May 12
DON'T FULFILL ONLY THE MALACHI VERSES, HAVE YOU ALSO FULFILLED THOSE TITHING PRINCIPLES IN DEUTERONOMY? THEY ARE BOTH OLD TESTAMENT AND COMMANDED BY GOD.
READ BELOW

DEUTERONOMY 26:12
When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

DEUTRONOMY 14: 22-26
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

24And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:

25Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:

26And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by true4dtruth: 2:31pm On May 12
rexbuton:

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
DON'T FULFILL ONLY THE MALACHI VERSES, HAVE YOU ALSO FULFILLED THOSE TITHING PRINCIPLES IN DEUTERONOMY? THEY ARE BOTH OLD TESTAMENT AND COMMANDED BY GOD.
READ BELOW

DEUTERONOMY 26:12
When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

DEUTRONOMY 14: 22-26
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

24And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, [b][/b]which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:

25Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:

26And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by MasterTeeUSA: 3:17pm On May 12
You won money from your savings...I will believe that when you can make a bridge from North to South Nigeria...lol

rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by oluwaahmed: 3:25pm On May 12
Honestly man you do only person I know doing 70-30 every other person I know is doing 50/50.. with the man paying extra tins like internet bill, insurance & gasoline for the cars and minor repairs. How you go dey run 70/30 for the same salary? Some guys no just wise at all. She be like if you can give 8k as tithe annually you can as well handle all the bills since you no wise and have nothing useful to do with your funds. I 100% support your wife
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by oluwaahmed: 3:32pm On May 12
2Radii:

Don't tell him

I will like to see somebody's son gnashing his teeth decades from now...

Imagine the rubbish, and if u look well, they are splitting the housechores oh

Imagine me spliting the house chores with my wife and I still contribute more than 100% of what she has to offer the home fronts...

I will never be a mumu in Jesus Name Amen.
If you notice they were paying 50/50 untill he started tithing. I am sure d wife must have looked at it as foolishness then discovered her man is not actually smart so she changed the game. The only people that share bills 70/30 or 80%20 are guys doing 2 jobs, raking in over 200k. That way their wives does minor work but handles d chores and children responsibilities. I support his wife on this. Let him keep on helping his pastor pay mortgage.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by greypencils: 3:39pm On May 12
Nairaland can't settle this matter. The woman is the defacto head of the house as soon as you step foot into US, Canada or any European country. It's for you to be patient like you've been and consult with your wife in all your doings.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by drnoel: 3:55pm On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

Lol, I see lots of loopholes in your arrangement.
And I agree with the ideology that tithing is a personal thing. If I might add, the correct way to have paid it was a percentage of the family's total income. Which would mean that your family is not paying enough. I won't add anymore there, but to say it's your decision. And to add that as an adult your tithe doesn't cover her.
That out of the way, then my critic below.

One can see that though you are trying your damnedest, but you still seem to be financially irresponsible.
You place yourself in a scenery where you are almost out of cash at months end without much savings for a rainer day. That would prove catastrophic if your better half is not one to spring to action if you are financially incapable to do somethings. You are setting yourself up for a dangerous predicament. Women regardless of how in love they are or family orientated are not built like men. When push comes to shove many of them tend to start cracking at the seams.

My advice:
Set up a family account where funds from both earners go into this account. This account would be responsible for running the family and all other family accrued expenditure. This account should cover schooling for the children, clothes and holidays. Everything you do as a family. The rent too, everything.
My suggestion wouldn't have been 70/30 sharing but 50/50. Reason being that you also have to pay 50/50 to her family.
I mean, why would madam expect you to pay 70/30 for family and then 50/50 for financial aid? Why won't she take up the heavy lifting when it come to help her family?
She is being selfish, am sorry to have to state this, but it's clear in your writing.
Once you are able to clear areas where you are leaking funds, you will see that you will have more funds in your arsenal.
The excess funds you can direct as the spirit directs and to upgrade yourself.
As your personal funds are right now you don't have any right to complain or fight your wife about it. You set that up yourself, on your own. You need to change that. Make all payments equal and also the decision making. If your intent for paying more was due to your wanting to be the man. Then make it more reasonable like for example 55/45 as 70/30 for people earning almost similar is too irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On May 12
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
■ Oga, about every verse you have to quote on tithing is sure to come from the old testament meaning it is just a carryover of the law of Moses into the dispensation of grace. Did you know that the Jews themselves who are the custodians of the law do not tithe? Reason is simple, there are no Levites! No one can claim to be descendants of Aaron! You can't be more Catholic than the pope!
You haven't read my signature, have you? Anyone Israelite who pretend still according to the customs of the Old Law only compounds the effects of God's curse on himself - Leviticus 26 & Deuteronomy 28 vs 15-57. God activated that curse across every one of the bloodlines of Jacob about 1900 years ago at the time of the end-time. Redemption from the curse can only be obtained in Jesus Christ who explained in His Parable of Wheat and Tares that the Harvest of the Kingdom of God began at that very same time— the end time. undecided
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by spiceadole: 4:05pm On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
Some people are so fool .ish that living in the diaspora does not make them have common sense

Which one is tithe?

Your wife is right ..
That's your personal problem.

If my husband decides to start paying tithes anytime,he is in his own.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by BePrepared: 4:17pm On May 12
paxonel:
who cares about his money if he cannot use it do something meaningful for himself?

he should keep the awkward thing he has done to himself and not bring it to the public. Otherwise, he will certainly hear other people's harsh opinion

How can proudly say you make millions over the years only for you to willingly and blindly subject yourself to be defrauded and then you
come out in public to say it without expecting someone not to say that you are a fool?

Can u prove that he was defrauded before a court of law.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by advanceDNA: 4:22pm On May 12
spiceadole:

Some people are so fool .ish that living in the diaspora does not make them have common sense

Which one is tithe?

Your wife is right ..
That's your personal problem.

If my husband decides to start paying tithes anytime,he is in his own.

Why is it even a problem....his posting of tithe ddnt stop him from doing more than her....so why is this even an issue saying "it's his problem"
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by MrPresident1: 4:23pm On May 12
Na mumu dey pay tithe.

Feed your family, friends and neighbours, and secure this life and heaven for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by otokx(m): 4:53pm On May 12
optm:

Well First of, those people paying tithes are not foolish, God instituted tithes as a statue in the old testament in order to make provision for the temple and it's workers the Levites. The work of God here on earth needs finance. If you read the scripture i shared earlier, Jesus said , they should tithe but not neglect important things as love and justice.
qq

Did the Levites get a share of land as the other tribes?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On May 12
CorperKola:
■ Are u saying the levites were not allowed to own property
Huh? The history of the levitic system that was used by God of Israel —YHWH — in His Nation of Israel which He set up in the Land of Canaan, is contained in Scripture for all who have eyes to read. Please make an effort to read the book for yourself so you would not continue to have your brain screwed over by the lies of religious mongrels whose only goal is to steal, kill and destroy by using the name of a God who does not know them as His. lipsrsealed
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Iamzik: 5:03pm On May 12
optm:

Well First of, those people paying tithes are not foolish, God instituted tithes as a statue in the old testament in order to make provision for the temple and it's workers the Levites. The work of God here on earth needs finance. If you read the scripture i shared earlier, Jesus said , they should tithe but not neglect important things as love and justice.

But tithe is not money. Where is your biblical basis for giving money as tithe? Please quote from the Bible
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Iamzik: 5:22pm On May 12
ComeToJesus:

Do you know that you are the ingloriously ignorant one here? The devil has so brainwashed you and given you over to a reprobate and degenerative mindset that you come here to attack someone else's convictions.

Show me one place where Jesus gave or commanded the apostles to pay tithe

Show me one place where the apostles preached tithing or collected tithe

If there are none then do you think that the apostle missed heaven because they did not pay tithe?

Why do we choose to major on minor thing? Even Jesus Christ himself regarded tithe as Minor compared to showing justice and mercy

And why do your pastors preach only Malachi 8 only and avoid other areas that talk about tithing?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by obinoral1179(m): 5:28pm On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
You are not taking charge of your family.... Stop accepting the 30% from her and take responsibility of your home and continue paying the tithe after a year come back and see the difference...
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by daygee12: 5:29pm On May 12
Righteousness2:

Anyone who you perceive will hinder or limit your walk with GOD and is not willing to change is a BIG RED FLAG!!
RUN AWAY!!

Tithe hinder ur way with God? @Righteousness2 u are becoming annoying with the false beliefs these days.

Maybe u should check Deuteronomy 14:22-29, u will understand tithing more
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by obinoral1179(m): 5:30pm On May 12
rexbuton:

What do you think about dating a partner with different views concerning tithing and giving? Is it enough grounds to discontinue the relationship?
Yes it's a Very good ground to stop it.......
I don't force my wife to pay her tithes and she doesn't force me to do same..... Marry a woman they will encourage you to do the things of God not one that will derail you...

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by michaelbiz: 5:39pm On May 12
tundebasic:

Wow? You got it.
In fact, I got a new insight about tithe, and it's in Hebrews. I was wondering why pastors keep asking for tithes. It's like they deliberately don't teach the truth about it since it involves money.

God bless you brother.
Live in this truth.
There is nothing more powerful than a child of God that has the Holy Spirit - the Teacher of the Undiluted Word of God.

It will always set free. Congratulations!
Love and light.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by BeigJawnson(m): 5:56pm On May 12
paxonel:

Leaves Christian out of this, the guy and many other Christians worldwide who are falling for this tithe scam are all fools.
Their delusion is so deep inside their souls that they will not possibly emancipate themselves unless it is through God's miracle.
It will take another 1000 years for them to understand that

Okay apart from being a Christian and much more morals are taught in Christianity .... By the way, you lack manners, you are here calling some group of people fools ... Are you not morally taught from your home?

Well, you that you haven't be giving tithe, how far about you? Can you brag about yourself a bit... So we giving tithes can stop giving... Convince us. One thing is, when we give tithes, we believe it is given to God, and He will reward us. But people like you, when you are asked to bring human flesh for sacrifice, to have money, you will rush and look for who to kill. So we giving tithes, that is the sacrifice we pay to also have God's blessings in one way or the other...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. / Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.