Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,000 members, 7,841,838 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Family Tithing In The Diaspora - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Family Tithing In The Diaspora (14051 Views)

Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by profmallor: 12:06pm On May 12
Hmm wiseman, and if we lay it out now, we might discover that you not paying your tithe might be financially leprose. Live your life the way you dime fit, its beneficial to him that why he does it. No need to believe you are better.

chatinent:
This person reasons like you Mr OP: sheer unwiseness.

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by paxonel(m): 12:15pm On May 12
BePrepared:

Calling someone stupid on top of his own money

Did he collect ya money to pay d tithe
Some of you here deserve oraimo cord
who cares about his money if he cannot use it do something meaningful for himself?

he should keep the awkward thing he has done to himself and not bring it to the public. Otherwise, he will certainly hear other people's harsh opinion

How can proudly say you make millions over the years only for you to willingly and blindly subject yourself to be defrauded and then you
come out in public to say it without expecting someone not to say that you are a fool?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Babatwo2: 12:17pm On May 12
Tithing is obaying God's commandments, it is not for the pastors to become rich.

2 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by paxonel(m): 12:19pm On May 12
pfadom:
That's your problem! He has never complained of inadequacies, and has never given out of frustration. So why do you take pills over someone else's matter that is no problem to him.

then he should keep his foolishness to himself and not say it in public, other he will hear other people's harsh opinion, it's simple
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by ComeToJesus: 12:25pm On May 12
paxonel:
You are simply a stupid Christian, mumu! grin

Whaat? for 5 years of brain washing?
Mehnnnn! grin grin grin grin

Sorry, don't be annoyed that I'm using those terms to describe you. It is simply what it is

Do you know that you are the ingloriously ignorant one here? The devil has so brainwashed you and given you over to a reprobate and degenerative mindset that you come here to attack someone else's convictions.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by DMechyy: 12:31pm On May 12
rexbuton:
Please this topic wants to tear the family apart.

The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

Won

You meant you won a lottery?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Shikena(m): 12:34pm On May 12
"A fool and his money are soon parted."
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Coolgent(m): 12:34pm On May 12
Your family need that 5% morethan the so called man of God.
Salute to your Wife who shared it to her family instead of PastorEntrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by paxonel(m): 12:36pm On May 12
kennie2015:

You are the Mumu
Bush man were nor get sense like you, do you even have a clue or understand what is happening here?

here, castigating and insulting someone that seek an advise,
That is not advice he is seeking, he came to show up his foolishness and i will tell you why incase you don't know.
1. Tithing is not of Christianity: Someone is reading the old testament(which is not Christianity) to scam him his money and this has been happening for years and will continue to happen.
2. I'm very sure he is an educated person, yet he is falling for this huge scam, he should just go and hide is face
[
it depict how shallow minded you are, in the midst of multitude there are good and bad counsel.
The best you can do is ask, why did i insult him, then i will explain.

You can't judge anything because obviously you too are not aware of the difference.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Shikena(m): 12:36pm On May 12
The wife is definitely not the fool in this saga grin

Coolgent:
Your family need that 5% morethan the so called man of God.
Salute to your Wife who shared it to her family instead of PastorEntrepreneur.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by advanceDNA: 12:39pm On May 12
tremor86:

Your sister is selfish ..that's how she will get married and leave you to her husbands house ....talk more of God she is depriving you of been obedient to.

Sigh.....see me see wahala
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by paxonel(m): 12:41pm On May 12
jahsharon:

Don't spoil other people's businesses nah. If Maga no dey, how Guy man go chop. He thinks God needs money to pay for HIS children's school fees, I mean God's children who are going to private school in Heaven, so this Maga gives God money to pay HIS children's school fees
grin grin

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by paxonel(m): 12:45pm On May 12
emmabest2000:

One man's food is another man's poison

Insults is not necessarily
Ok, Tithe is the mans poison but food for pastors grin cheesy

Very good
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Lewiseze1988(m): 12:46pm On May 12
pls listen to ur wife.religion is a scam.u r being brain washed by ur clergy man.stop being primitive.dont follow everything u hear in church

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by paxonel(m): 12:48pm On May 12
BeigJawnson:

Try to be civil, must you insults before sharing opinions? And you called your self Christian? Be well mannered, a Christian who insults people... HOW CHRISTIAN IS THAT?
Leaves Christian out of this, the guy and many other Christians worldwide who are falling for this tithe scam are all fools.
Their delusion is so deep inside their souls that they will not possibly emancipate themselves unless it is through God's miracle.
It will take another 1000 years for them to understand that
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Rushna27(f): 12:52pm On May 12
rexbuton:

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This is the present sharing agreement, I bring 70%, she brings 30%.
This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
Bro,pls do as you've planned cos truth be told paying tithe has its blessings and you will never regret it and also investing into ur professional development is very wonderful cos it will still be to the benefit of the family.... Never compromise ur tithing... Thanks!!

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by 2Radii: 12:53pm On May 12
advanceDNA:
U already contribute more than her......when her family needs money, she still drags money from ur pocket..
Ur wife is a bit insensitive..... .she shouldn't harass u any further on how u choose to spend ur money developing urself...

Guy...try to dey send some of ur money to a nigeria domiciliary account, like this money u won......look out for urself man.....there is no crime in that...

Its nauseating when a woman thinks she entitled over everything I have just because we fvcking each other.... Spits..!!!!

Don't tell him

I will like to see somebody's son gnashing his teeth decades from now...

Imagine the rubbish, and if u look well, they are splitting the housechores oh

Imagine me spliting the house chores with my wife and I still contribute more than 100% of what she has to offer the home fronts...

I will never be a mumu in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by CodeTemplar: 12:55pm On May 12
rexbuton:

She is saying that tithe is supposed to be a personal matter between God and I. So I asked a question that what if I have a 5% voluntary contribution to an overseas fund, and i kept it private, and one day she stumbled on my account statement and found out that I now have 30k in overseas contributions. Would she be happy I didn’t tell her, and she said of course, I would need to let her know.
This answer got me confused, because if tithe should be a private matter, why should my voluntary contributions from my 20% not be a private matter!?
Oga her money is suppose to go towards you and her 100% and not 30%. What is she doing with 70% privately?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:02pm On May 12
OP is suffering from lack of real problems. Thank God for your life rexbuton

God doesn’t need your money bro, take care of your needs, if you don’t have immediate needs, save the money or help the needy with that 10%; rather than fund the lavish lifestyle of a preacher with it. Anyways, God knows best this is just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Omoawoke: 1:06pm On May 12
rexbuton:

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

In my opinion, the world must have foolish people like yourself to be balance. There must be con artists and their must be gullible followers to make the game balance
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Porksupplyib: 1:08pm On May 12
PHIPEX:
God also instituted Saturday worship, why are you deviating since you want to obey old testaments laws? Did you see anywhere Jesus condemned Sabath day worship, infact Jesus Himself worshipped on Saturday? Why are you no longer slaughtering animals for worship, did you see anywhere Jesus condemned it?

Of what use is the "NEW TESTAMENT " if we are still hooked 100% to the old testament? Which of the Disciples of Jesus collected tithe, mention just 1, were they all ignorant of tithe?

When it favours you you remember grace, when you want money you remember the Law, aren't you confused?

"My people perish for lack of knowledge "

My brother, God will bless you.

We really shouldn't blame the sheep. It is the fault of the shepherds who preach these erroneous teachings just to keep enriching themselves.

The truth is staring at us in the face, yet we will use every bit of manipulations to evade it. Just because of our personal greed. That is Man for you. And your pastor is a MAN. The flesh is actively involved.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Porksupplyib: 1:10pm On May 12
Rushna27:

Bro,pls do as you've planned cos truth be told paying tithe has its blessings and you will never regret it and also investing into ur professional development is very wonderful cos it will still be to the benefit of the family.... Never compromise ur tithing... Thanks!!

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/NbmNrBrNNfhPxMX3/?mibextid=D5vuiz
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by henryadex(m): 1:25pm On May 12
So many responses have been generated over this issue. One thing gullible Christians failed to understand about tithing is that it has been done away with in Christ, in Christ all of us are king's and priests, secondly the pronouncements of Christ on tithe was because He had not yet made atonement for sin after His death all legalities were abolished, grace and faith took over. The fault of the old testament made a way for the new which cancelled every curse
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Tendd: 1:25pm On May 12
You have been paying tithes for the last five years and never missed...Chai what did l just read? You are very exposed to understand that you are being scammed by your fellow human.l only hope that this write up isn't true.After all the endless stories of pastors fleecing their members and living large from tithes,offerings, donations etc , you went ahead still by giving them your hard earned money in the name of heavenly rewards.I have always thought those who give tithes often were the poor,less knowledgeable etc.Please,go make peace with your wife and stop giving your money for tithes.lt's a complete waste.Also learn some financial lessons on how to invest your money.Did you even say you are into IT?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Chetas81(m): 1:26pm On May 12
Righteousness2:
You are a wise man and husband.
Continue to obey God , His word and pay your tithe.
Never let anyone not even your wife, cause you to derail from God under any story or grammar.

GOD ALMIGHTY is a God of Principles.
His principles of Struggless living are simple.
Seed time and harvest
Sowing and reaping
Tithings, givings,helping the needy, kingdom investments etc

Life is not by Struggle.
Life is a Gift From GOD.
If GOD does not give you, you cant get . If you get it outside God you end up struggling and destroying yourself.

ZIONIST TOLD YOU THAT GOD NEED MONEY, ZIONIST TOLD YOU THAT, THEY WERE NOT DIFFERENT FROM THEIR GOD, ZIONIST TOLD YOU THAT YOU BLACK AFRICAN ARE DEVIL BY CALLING SATAN BLACK WHILE GOD IS WHITE,WE ARE GOING TO REMAIN LIKE THIS TILL SENSE LOCATE THE BLACK AFRICAN CITIZEN
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by advanceDNA: 1:28pm On May 12
2Radii:

Don't tell him

I will like to see somebody's son gnashing his teeth decades from now...

Imagine the rubbish, and if u look well, they are splitting the housechores oh

Imagine me spliting the house chores with my wife and I still contribute more than 100% of what she has to offer the home fronts...

I will never be a mumu in Jesus Name Amen.

Baba...u dey para.. grin grin
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Zinpat: 1:33pm On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

Please keep doing what u r doing. Never allow anyone convince you to stop paying tithe.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by tundebasic(m): 2:00pm On May 12
rexbuton:

Not gambling. A bank reward for people with deposits, like a lottery system
There is nothing wrong with your family. Your wife is also not a bad person. She asks you to contribute 50% of whatever she wants to send to her parents.

You can tell her you only have 40% at that point in time. You nor wan send money to your in-laws ni?

About tithing, she's also right. What is family tithing? Even as a family your tithe is 10% of your income, her's is also 10% of her income. If you're tithing it doesn't concern her.

But for your winnings, you can just buy something for her as a gift, but you can use everything for your own projects, or for family project as you like.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by tundebasic(m): 2:09pm On May 12
ttmax09:
You are so wrong, I understand that tithing is not compulsory and cannot take from me or give me salvation, but if I'm been blessed in my local church and I know my pastor is into the ministry full time, why shouldn't I pay my tithe? After all giving is an integral part of our faith.
If tithing is your way of giving, then, it is okay, but you also mentioned that it is not compulsory. So why are pastors hellbent on it? Some even argue that Jesus Christ will not recognize one who does not pay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. / Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely / Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.