Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,862 members, 7,838,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Family Tithing In The Diaspora - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Family Tithing In The Diaspora (13980 Views)

Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by CorperKola: 10:51am On May 12
Kobojunkie:
LOL... It was set up by the King— God of Israel— and paid to His Temple to then be used in paying off HIs servants in the Land who served under Him and were given no property by Him. God of Israel was the direct King of Israel until the people began agitating for a human king to sit on earth as His representative. undecided

Read through the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy to learn facts apart from these lies you spew in support of a system that belongs to the AntiChrist abeg! undecided
Are u saying the levites were not allowed to own property
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by DebateNigeria: 10:54am On May 12
InvertedHammer:

/
I think that the fact that you are tithing should be a ground for divorce. As a supposed leader of a household, your wife has more common sense than you. You work. She works. And at the end, you take part of your money to feed another man's family under the guise of giving to God

/

This here nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by PHIPEX(m): 10:54am On May 12
optm:

Well First of, those people paying tithes are not foolish, God instituted tithes as a statue in the old testament in order to make provision for the temple and it's workers the Levites. The work of God here on earth needs finance. If you read the scripture i shared earlier, Jesus said , they should tithe but not neglect important things as love and justice.
God also instituted Saturday worship, why are you deviating since you want to obey old testaments laws? Did you see anywhere Jesus condemned Sabath day worship, infact Jesus Himself worshipped on Saturday? Why are you no longer slaughtering animals for worship, did you see anywhere Jesus condemned it?

Of what use is the "NEW TESTAMENT " if we are still hooked 100% to the old testament? Which of the Disciples of Jesus collected tithe, mention just 1, were they all ignorant of tithe?

When it favours you you remember grace, when you want money you remember the Law, aren't you confused?

"My people perish for lack of knowledge "

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by hammed71(m): 10:57am On May 12
Una still dey give daddy g.o tithe grin
Lol, I know a pastor in mushin that use his church tithe and offering to send his two children to study in UK. When Una go wise, I left church 2011, tithe oh, offering oh, I no give shishi.Continue u hear?

3 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by ednut1(m): 11:01am On May 12
Na mumu dey pay tithe

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by kennie2015(m): 11:05am On May 12
paxonel:
You are simply a stupid Christian, mumu! grin

Whaat? for 5 years of brain washing?
Mehnnnn! grin grin grin grin

Sorry, don't be annoyed that I'm using those terms to describe you. It is simply what it is
You are the Mumu here, castigating and insulting someone that seek an advise, it depict how shallow minded you are, in the midst of multitude there are good and bad counsel.

2 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Porksupplyib: 11:09am On May 12
optm:
let him be. Jesus Christ didn't condemn giving of tithe either ( ‭Luke 11:42 NKJV‬
[42] “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

https://bible.com/bible/114/luk.11.42.NKJV .). If he isn't being blessed in his giving to the church, he can stop but there are people that would willingly give to the Church and promote God's agenda here on earth and God's work will never lack. Some of us have seen and experienced first hand what God is doing through his genuine ministers that some of you criticize. Not all pastors or churches are fake. if you know the fake ones and you have evidence you can go call them out but trying to paint all churches as bad or fraud is pure evil

Jesus needed not to rebuke the paying of tithes by the isrealites in those days. It wasn't neccesary. He hadn't paid the price yet.

But after his death and the birth of Christianity, all our debt were paid. We ceased to be under those laws.

Pick out a point in the new testament, in the early church where tithe paying was mentioned and I will absolutely agree with u that tithe has a place in Christianity.

But if you can't pick out any, then just know you are simply a confused Christian.
Confused in the sense that you don't know who you are. You are like a delivered slave you still chose to be a slave.

Why not kuku complete all the laws in Leviticus ? Slaughter sheep's and oxen and make burnt offerings . U should try them all.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Yelight(m): 11:09am On May 12
rexbuton:

What do you think about dating a partner with different views concerning tithing and giving? Is it enough grounds to discontinue the relationship?

What importance do you place on your tithe and giving? It's advisable to sit him or her down to know this is your stand and you won't change it for anything or anybody. In relationship there are areas we compromise one for another for the success of the relationship but there are also areas that you must stand your ground and if the person can't cope, let him or her leave but don't make him or her your enemy.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by chidan1214: 11:11am On May 12
Armed robber talking

Righteousness2:
You are a wise man and husband.
Continue to obey God , His word and pay your tithe.
Never let anyone not even your wife, cause you to derail from God under any story or grammar.

GOD ALMIGHTY is a God of Principles.
His principles of Struggless living are simple.
Seed time and harvest
Sowing and reaping
Tithings, givings,helping the needy, kingdom investments etc

Life is not by Struggle.
Life is a Gift From GOD.
If GOD does not give you, you cant get . If you get it outside God you end up struggling and destroying yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by pfadom: 11:13am On May 12
That's your problem! He has never complained of inadequacies, and has never given out of frustration. So why do you take pills over someone else's matter that is no problem to him.

paxonel:

Sorry, don't be annoyed that I'm using those terms to describe you. It is simply what it is
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by GboyegaD(m): 11:14am On May 12
rexbuton:
Please this topic wants to tear the family apart.

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This is the present sharing agreement, I bring 70%, she brings 30%.
This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

I would say take a back step and first go settle it with your partner. It is easier when you both agree and work based on your agreement. That way, the blessings are not inhibited due to disagreement.

rexbuton:

She is saying that tithe is supposed to be a personal matter between God and I. So I asked a question that what if I have a 5% voluntary contribution to an overseas fund, and i kept it private, and one day she stumbled on my account statement and found out that I now have 30k in overseas contributions. Would she be happy I didn’t tell her, and she said of course, I would need to let her know.
This answer got me confused, because if tithe should be a private matter, why should my voluntary contributions from my 20% not be a private matter!?

Does she tells you how she doesn't her remaining 70%? If she doesn't, you don't owe her an explanation. I believe in 100% transparency and will do that if only she's willing to do the same.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by 99thEnemy(m): 11:15am On May 12
rexbuton:

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
You don’t have sense. PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Image123(m): 11:15am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

i don't understand. You've been giving 10% of your money and you are progressing and earning better than 90% of Nigerians. You were blessed with a windfall and you want to give 10% and still have 90% of the windfall. What's the problem here exactly, it's hard to see.

2 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by BeigJawnson(m): 11:18am On May 12
Idaytesj29:

That's the best method. Most women are like that greedy, selfish or better put wicked. And she will still not take care of the man with all his money she is chopping if the mall is in dire need of it.

Exactly... You have just nailed it on ...

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Image123(m): 11:18am On May 12
i read so many people here saying that the OP doesn't have sense. Yet, we can verifiably tell that with all their senses, the OP is doing better than them financially. Is it not better to not have sense and be financially stronger and stable than have sense and be wallowing in poverty and complaining?

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by FxMasterz: 11:24am On May 12
rexbuton:

What do you think about dating a partner with different views concerning tithing and giving? Is it enough grounds to discontinue the relationship?

Teach her about Tithing. You know what she does not know. Get relevant tapes on tithing. Let her listen to them. Be the pastor is your own home. Pastor your wife and children.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by profmallor: 11:27am On May 12
No I m raising the fact that he is joined together with someone that does cherish his values, changes the rules according to what suites are her family and this would be story for his married years. He needs to do something about it cause that problem won't go away.

thatigboman:
see them. So u are advising him to divorce his lovely wife due to the fraud called 'tithe'.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by advanceDNA: 11:37am On May 12
Idaytesj29:

And they can't sacrifice a pin for you if you are in their shoes or needs them for survival.

Baba......na so most of them be.....Best thing na to start with being firm about how u wanna spend money, when dealing with them....

.once u give woman too much "allow".. she must turn am to allowance.... Imagine woman dey vex for me untop my own money after i care for you l, care for your family...no be witchcraft be that?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Originalsly: 11:39am On May 12
Is your wife a Christian? ... seems like you enter the marriage unequally yoked ... so this sort of problem in the marriage should've been expected. From your writings she seems to be all about the money and is calling the shots. If she contributes 30% of her income ... what does she do with the rest?... do you have a say in how it should be spent? Are you an orphan? ... if not.... doesn't your family members also request financial assistance like hers? If yes .... and that's the reason for the 30K secret 30K in contributions .... then why keep it a secret instead of letting her know and asking her to contribute 50%? ... shouldn't what applies to you apply to her as well? I'm getting the vibe that you're afraid of your wife.... as a Christian shouldn't you be the head of the family? Being the head is more important than paying tithes. My advice to you is to .focus on being the head of the family.... for five years you elieve you've done well in the sight of God because you faithfully paid your tithes .... but not realizing that your wife has taken over control .... she's making the rules. It is in the DNA of women to follow the guidance of a man .... but should the man fail to be a man ... a leader ... and give her that authority .... it is in her DNA to become dominant ... like a dictator. Allow this to continue by not confronting her.... pretty soon she will treat you like a kid. Can't blame her .... it is the nature of the beast.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by sunsweet33: 11:40am On May 12
I stopped tithing a few years ago..maybe I ought to start it again..hmm..

@topic, your wife only contributes 30% to household outgoings plus you support her on giving to her family. This is a very cosy arrangement for her so I feel it is quite uncharitable for her to complain about measly
10% of your own earnings when she keeps most of her money to herself.

If I were her I would keep shut but hey, human beings must always find something to complain about.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by advanceDNA: 11:41am On May 12
Image123:

i don't understand. You've been giving 10% of your money and you are progressing and earning better than 90% of Nigerians. You were blessed with a windfall and you want to give 10% and still have 90% of the windfall. What's the problem here exactly, it's hard to see.

The problem is that he married an insensitive and unfair woman who doesn't see he's doing enough making her see the 10% he gives as tithe as something that should technically come to her......

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by bablon20(m): 11:45am On May 12
There's this popular belief that the best way to hide something from a blackman is to write it in a book. We Africans hardly read and that's why we will forever be subjected to holy servitude. It's clearly stated in Deuteronomy 14: 22-26 that we and our family are to eat our tithes by ourselves and God also instructed us on how to eat it.

I find it so difficult to believe that even great men of God that I look up to as model don't even know this truth exist in d bible. Many know, but for d fact that malachi 3:9-11 and Gen. 14:18-20 (Abraham & Melchizedek the priest) are money-making quotes for them they find it difficult to expose their congregations to d truth and 99% of the congregations are not ready to study their Bible.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Hezzyluv: 11:47am On May 12
Righteousness2:
You are a wise man and husband.
Continue to obey God , His word and pay your tithe.
Never let anyone not even your wife, cause you to derail from God under any story or grammar.

GOD ALMIGHTY is a God of Principles.
His principles of Struggless living are simple.
Seed time and harvest
Sowing and reaping
Tithings, givings,helping the needy, kingdom investments etc

Life is not by Struggle.
Life is a Gift From GOD.
If GOD does not give you, you cant get . If you get it outside God you end up struggling and destroying yourself.

If u drop the massage like this, he might not bother to come back and open the thread i.e, might not get this great advice from you. You should have quote him so he could see your mention. And I know he would open to see it.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by tremor86: 11:47am On May 12
advanceDNA:

U are shocked kee?? .....thats women for u..... they decide not to be logical and unfair when they want to cheat or manipulate u for their gain ....na their way.........na u go give ur self brain....

Baba...Don't be weak ooo...why will u be asking her such hypothetical question.....u don dey lose guard be that...u are dealing with an insensitive and unfair person....be on guard make Dem no take ur house pursue u comot

don't make anyone entitled to more than they should, in the name of love no matter who they are....(u can never fully know the mind of a person)

Bottom line is....u contribute more than her......what u do with ur remaining money is left to u...dont apologize for saving it secretly, buying a Ferrari, or using it to develop urself..

Nonsense!!!

Your sister is selfish ..that's how she will get married and leave you to her husbands house ....talk more of God she is depriving you of been obedient to.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by bigtt76(f): 11:52am On May 12
Nice ....erm what do you mean by
I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars
...na dat wan interest me pass cheesy

rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by sunsweet33: 11:54am On May 12
profmallor:
No I m raising the fact that he is joined together with someone that does cherish his values, changes the rules according to what suites are her family and this would be story for his married years. He needs to do something about it cause that problem won't go away.

Yeah. Keeping almost all her money to herself yet still chook eye for 10% tithe…this guy must be a very nice man cos most would just tell her to shut up
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by soccerlite: 11:55am On May 12
Lolzzzzz 🤣

You are doing something for God and it's giving you headache

Cos of another person

O ga o
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by gohf: 11:57am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
God blessed you so that you can PAY him back or so that you can be a blessing.

You're carrying a burden Jesus did not give you, the question is where do you think you are aheading with that load.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by bigtt76(f): 12:00pm On May 12
She's right though ...if anything happens to you without her knowing about the oversea contribution, its all lost. Share info dear cheesy

rexbuton:

She is saying that tithe is supposed to be a personal matter between God and I. So I asked a question that what if I have a 5% voluntary contribution to an overseas fund, and i kept it private, and one day she stumbled on my account statement and found out that I now have 30k in overseas contributions. Would she be happy I didn’t tell her, and she said of course, I would need to let her know.
This answer got me confused, because if tithe should be a private matter, why should my voluntary contributions from my 20% not be a private matter!?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by zed7: 12:03pm On May 12
rexbuton:

She's wise. If you don't tell her and you die, the money is lost forever. Oga, if you believe in tithing, do it and stop worrying about what others think.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by BePrepared: 12:03pm On May 12
paxonel:

Calling someone stupid on top of his own money

Did he collect ya money to pay d tithe
Some of you here deserve oraimo cord
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by bigtt76(f): 12:03pm On May 12
Yes it is ...salary sacrifice or charity donations are exempted from your taxable amount

rexbuton:

Is is possible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Today Message @ Dunamis International Gospel Centre / Men And Their Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.