Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help (27797 Views)

Please Help, How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure / A Virgin Girl Contracted HIV After Having Her First Sex - Twitter User / How To Prevent HIV After You Have Been Exposed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Supersaiyanlord: 4:49pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
Help! I need advice. I was using a CD, but it burst. I know there's a drug that can prevent HIV infection if taken within 24 hours of exposure. To be safe, I sought out the drug, known as Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). However, the ph0armacist didn't have it in stock, so they offered me an alternative called Aurobindo (see image below). I'm not familiar with drugs, but can anyone tell me if Aurobindo can be used as PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV after exposure?

I want t make sure I have the correct drug, as I still have time to go find it if this one isn't the right one.
I had same experience last night I just went to collect the prep drug to be used for 28 days.. Its free at govt hospitals. In phc you can get it free in less than 30 mins
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Oghene86: 4:51pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
I got it for N18,500. When I visited the hospital today and showed it to the doctor, she advised against taking it.

She explained that when they use it, they usually monitor patients organs like liver and kidney, because the medicine can damage them. In short, it's a dangerous drug that should only be used under a doctor's prescription.
I had already taken three pills - two yesterday and one today. I have decided to discard the remaining pills.

Just keep it, you may need it in future 😉
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by melow666: 4:52pm On Apr 29
Why are you asking people on Nairaland for something that can be life altering for you. You have no business with a pharmacy. Go to a hospital before 72 hours
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by imagrg(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29
Trusted my foot.

You never know with women!

Trusted like a fox. grin
NGArmyTerrorist:
I go dey double my CD these days ooh! Till my trusted babe comes back, no more knacking!
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SmartyPants(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29
Love800:
Can you explain dis PrEP more? I dont seem to understand.

Well, it works almost the same way as PeP but to understand the difference, you first need to understand how HIV enters the body. HIV enters the body through mucous membranes like the vaginal lining or the urethra of the penis. So while PeP drugs circulate within the body to fight HIV after it has entered the body, PrEP drugs are designed to enter these mucous membranes i mentioned above so they can fight the HIV before it even has a chance to enter the body.

So in Summary, PrEP fights HIV on the frontlines but you have to take it a few days before the expected exposure so that it can build up in your system and be present in the mucous membranes before the HIV arrives. In other words PeP is like calling police after thieves enter your compound. PrEP is like having police waiting at the gate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SSSbuster: 4:56pm On Apr 29
Supersaiyanlord:

I had same experience last night I just went to collect the prep drug to be used for 28 days.. Its free at govt hospitals. In phc you can get it free in less than 30 mins
at which hospital and how
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by imagrg(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29
My Darling,
Una toto dey sweet when entered raw...I swear!
ferhyntorlah:

Please repeat it for those at the back.

Nothing like peace of mind.

I wonder what they see in all these knacking stuff sef!

Tueh!
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Tomorrow28: 5:01pm On Apr 29
imagrg:
Trusted my foot.

You never know with women!

Trusted like a fox. grin

Bros just stop. Giving me goosebumps already. I was a fan. Read all JHC series. Believe this you believe anything
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by JustPowerApps(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29
WoW shocked
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by imagrg(m): 5:03pm On Apr 29
If the condom had not burst, we wouldn't have known that you fvcked a street girl.
You for chop clean mouth.

Show us the video of how it went or we would regard the story as fake.

Na only toto wen e get moustache dey burst condom. grin
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Tomorrow28: 5:05pm On Apr 29
SmartyPants:

Well, it works almost the same way as PeP but to understand the difference, you first need to understand how HIV enters the body. HIV enters the body through mucous membranes like the vaginal lining or the urethra of the penis. So while PeP drugs circulate within the body to fight HIV after it has entered the body, PrEP drugs are designed to enter these mucous membranes i mentioned above so they can fight the HIV before it even has a chance to enter the body.

So in Summary, PrEP fights HIV on the frontlines but you have to take it a few days before the expected exposure so that it can build up in your system and be present in the mucous membranes before the HIV arrives. In other words PeP is like calling police after thieves enter your compound. PrEP is like having police waiting at the gate.

Succinct. Boss if all our teachers were like you we no go de cram 4school that year and
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Allisgud: 5:11pm On Apr 29
If u are not married and u can't keep ur gbola one place,na to help urself sure pass,so many contaminated pussies out their,oyinbo should invent quick test kit to detect each order before match

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by imagrg(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29
Na your big preek burst the condom.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Artzdanielsz(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29
MrCork:

YES. ..NAIRALAND ROMANCE SECTION STRIÃŒCTLY FOR CHASSSSIN WOMEN...PIRRRRIOD!!!

GO TO PHARMACISTS.....PLEASE!!! ((no oofencsece))) angry
I didn't know romance section Na to chase women ooo
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SmartyPants(m): 5:20pm On Apr 29
Tomorrow28:

Succinct. Boss if all our teachers were like you we no go de cram 4school that year and

cheesy
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by noskcid(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29
Na here abidoshaker come outside
Odumeje don dey exposed finally 😂

As for you, go buy augmentin drink first as you dey find the main drugs

Wahala for enjoyment 😂
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
Help! I need advice. I was using a CD, but it burst. I know there's a drug that can prevent HIV infection if taken within 24 hours of exposure. To be safe, I sought out the drug, known as Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). However, the ph0armacist didn't have it in stock, so they offered me an alternative called Aurobindo (see image below). I'm not familiar with drugs, but can anyone tell me if Aurobindo can be used as PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV after exposure?

I want t make sure I have the correct drug, as I still have time to go find it if this one isn't the right one.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to track down your sex partner and request for a test. The reactions you will get with those drugs are extreme. You might need to be hospitalised .
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by brainhgeek(m): 5:34pm On Apr 29
Go to state hospitals or any of the FMCs . They will give you.
...but, why expose yourself in the first place when you can be legally married and remain faithful partners
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Love800(m): 5:36pm On Apr 29
Okay.
So PrEP means taking the drug before you go to have sex?

Does it actually work? Taking PrEP before sex, does it really prevent HIV/AIDs?
SmartyPants:

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Elidrisy20: 5:52pm On Apr 29
Very funny, you are not familiar with drugs,
But you are familiar with T@T@ abi?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by ellizy(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29
But you get mind sha, you dey sex person wey dey give you fear of hiv...
You na the biggest risk taker
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Blissbath(f): 6:01pm On Apr 29
Go to any federal hospital and get it.It is free.I was exposed yesterday though through occupational hazard.Got prEP today.
HIV is very dangerous.A patient l cared for died yesterday , very young woman.

If you see the numbers of young girls with the virus,sex go tire you.
SSSbuster:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by chinchum(m): 6:06pm On Apr 29
ednut1:
Chances of getting hiv is less 1 in a 2500 chance. Relax
some people can never have hiv self. Although it is more common with European ancestry men

If a man does not have a CCR5 receptor, which is a mutation in some people, they can not be infected with HIV.

AS genotype is an example of mutation of blood type to reduce chances of getting malaria disease
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Blissbath(f): 6:07pm On Apr 29
imagrg:
My Darling,
Una toto dey sweet when entered raw...I swear!
Continue... people are dying everyday from the virus.Stigmatization is real.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by CaptainFM1: 6:07pm On Apr 29
Have you tried any of the Odumeje's powers? That Abidoshaker works perfectly.

But wait.....who did you straff a woman that's not yours?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Blissbath(f): 6:12pm On Apr 29
Waste of money.PrEp is free in any federal hospital.One tablet daily for 30days n avoid alcohol
SSSbuster:
I got it for N18,500. When I visited the hospital today and showed it to the doctor, she advised against taking it.

She explained that when they use it, they usually monitor patients organs like liver and kidney, because the medicine can damage them. In short, it's a dangerous drug that should only be used under a doctor's prescription.
I had already taken three pills - two yesterday and one today. I have decided to discard the remaining pills.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by abdsamad(m): 6:15pm On Apr 29
Love800:
What do you mean by primary health care centre?

Umm, government hospitals that provide care to people in that community.
Like general hospitals do but at a much smaller scale.
Ask about the nearest phc centre
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SonofGod231: 6:28pm On Apr 29
It's actually within 72hrs after xposure.
Go to any health center or govt hospital
and it's free.
Pharmacy sales reps can be funny,they can give you HIV drugs for PEP.
The tabs have totally different colors and are taken for straight 31days.
I'm talking from experience as I have also had sex with a lady that was confirmed positive.Only for her to open up the next morning after a night of marathon.
God will help you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SmartyPants(m): 6:45pm On Apr 29
Love800:
Okay.
So PrEP means taking the drug before you go to have sex?

Does it actually work? Taking PrEP before sex, does it really prevent HIV/AIDs?

If you take it correctly, yes it is effective. But these things tend to have dangerous side effects over time.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Love800(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29
Okay.
Thanks so much.

But u did not answer my first paragraph.
SmartyPants:

If you take it correctly, yes it is effective. But these things tend to have dangerous side effects over time.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Love800(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29
U mean to say clinics instead of general hospital?
abdsamad:

Umm, government hospitals that provide care to people in that community.
Like general hospitals do but at a much smaller scale.
Ask about the nearest phc centre
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Enemyofpeace: 7:21pm On Apr 29
This is one of the reasons I stopped using my prick to fok Nigerian girls. I now use my tongue and fingers. It is safer and cheaper. No infections, no pregnancy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Of These Have You Used To Clean Your Ear? / LSDPC Staff, Akinlolu Ajayi Tried Jumping Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge / Coronavirus: US Confirms First Death, More Cases Likely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.