Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,355 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help (27763 Views)

Please Help, How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure / A Virgin Girl Contracted HIV After Having Her First Sex - Twitter User / How To Prevent HIV After You Have Been Exposed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Matheusmartin: 2:56pm On Apr 29
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by flipdat(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29
Just firm it
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by jeff1993: 2:57pm On Apr 29
Mm
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Stevenbright(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29
Next time don't use condom. At least there will be nothing to burst....

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by ubimagos: 3:00pm On Apr 29
Drink hot water
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by johnog4sure: 3:00pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
Help! I need advice. I was using a CD, but it burst. I know there's a drug that can prevent HIV infection if taken within 24 hours of exposure. To be safe, I sought out the drug, known as Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). However, the ph0armacist didn't have it in stock, so they offered me an alternative called Aurobindo (see image below). I'm not familiar with drugs, but can anyone tell me if Aurobindo can be used as PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV after exposure?

I want t make sure I have the correct drug, as I still have time to go find it if this one isn't the right one.
Abstenance, wetin dey sweet dey kill, even sugar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by jayce232: 3:00pm On Apr 29
NGArmyTerrorist:
I go dey double my CD these days ooh! Till my trusted babe comes back, no more knacking!
I heard double CD is more prone to burst due to friction

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:01pm On Apr 29
hitekk:
See how not up to 5 mins enjoyment com cause sleepless night for you.

Please repeat it for those at the back.

Nothing like peace of mind.

I wonder what they see in all these knacking stuff sef!

Tueh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by qtx(m): 3:02pm On Apr 29
2 badt!
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by kevwemike: 3:03pm On Apr 29
Go to a good pharmacy tell them u want to buy PEP

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Forkthiefnubu: 3:03pm On Apr 29
Post exposure prophylactic medicine at any HIV clinic fast
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by igahdavid(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29
-
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Kaido: 3:05pm On Apr 29
Prettygirl200:
So you knew someone had HIV and you still sleept with her? What kind of risk is that?
He ain't sure, just trying to be safe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SaturnNick(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29
Prettygirl200:
So you knew someone had HIV and you still sleept with her? What kind of risk is that?
He is not sure of the person's status. That's why he is being careful, and finding the right drug

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Thatedoboy98: 3:06pm On Apr 29
NGArmyTerrorist:
I go dey double my CD these days ooh! Till my trusted babe comes back, no more knacking!
you say trusted babe grin grin. Trusted babe de give another guy doggy de play my fans

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Justicemy8(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29
online Skit makers...... Dey play
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Latakia(f): 3:08pm On Apr 29
The Qur'an and the Bible says thy shall not commit adultery/fornication aka unlawful sex except with your legal partner. Your own case is very simple. You came through that hole and it's possible you will go back through that hole with what you are experiencing now.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Mervingreat: 3:09pm On Apr 29
Imagine what this one posted with all problem wey dey nija na bursted condom we go come dey do action and reaction about and do analysis and recommendation ontop ba?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Wesha: 3:09pm On Apr 29
Say NO to fornication. You didn't take heed. Now you are here reaping from your private enterprise.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by onadana: 3:09pm On Apr 29
Go to any Government hospital or private clinics that offer HIV services.You will be placed on PEP treatment for 28days or 30days.The treatment is free.But before then you will be screened to be sure you don't already have the virus.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by ednut1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29
Chances of getting hiv is less 1 in a 2500 chance. Relax

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by spencekat(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29
hitekk:
See how not up to 5 mins enjoyment com cause sleepless night for you.
You na saint?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SmartyPants(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:

That's exactly what I did. Most pharmacists I visited didn't have what I was looking for. However, this particular guy didn't either, but he offered me an alternative that he claimed would serve a similar purpose. Before he gave me Aurobindo, when I researched the drug and its ingredients online. To my surprise, I discovered that it's used to treat HIV infection, not prevent them. What I was actually looking for was a medication that could prevent HIV after potential exposure.

Okay, first of all, you need to understand the difference between pre-exposure prophylaxis and post-exposure prophylaxis. PrEP is what you take when you expect to be exposed to HIV in a few days - it's commonly used by sex workers. PeP is what you take after exposure and PeP medications are simply ARVs. This means the same drugs an infected person takes to suppress HIV are exactly what you should take within the first 72 hours after an exposure, to prevent infection.

To help you understand better, the PeP is simply suppressing HIV in the system of an infected person. When you take it early enough it allows your immune system to wipe off the virus before it can find places to hide and replicate in your body. So you should be good with what you have there.

Still, your best bet is to visit a hospital for direct medical attention. Also, note that the drugs work best the closer you take them to the point of exposure. So even if you have 72 hours, taking it within the first hour is best.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Ifyz0001: 3:09pm On Apr 29
Why you go have sex with a girl wey you know say get HIV??

SSSbuster:
Help! I need advice. I was using a CD, but it burst. I know there's a drug that can prevent HIV infection if taken within 24 hours of exposure. To be safe, I sought out the drug, known as Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). However, the ph0armacist didn't have it in stock, so they offered me an alternative called Aurobindo (see image below). I'm not familiar with drugs, but can anyone tell me if Aurobindo can be used as PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV after exposure?

I want t make sure I have the correct drug, as I still have time to go find it if this one isn't the right one.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by onadana: 3:10pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:

That's exactly what I did. Most pharmacists I visited didn't have what I was looking for. However, this particular guy didn't either, but he offered me an alternative that he claimed would serve a similar purpose. Before he gave me Aurobindo, when I researched the drug and its ingredients online. To my surprise, I discovered that it's used to treat HIV infection, not prevent them. What I was actually looking for was a medication that could prevent HIV after potential exposure.

Go to any Government hospital or private clinics that offer HIV services.You will be placed on PEP treatment for 28days or 30days.The treatment is free.But before then you will be screened to be sure you don't already have the virus.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Lovit(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29
But wait, you knew she has HIV and you still dived in? or you are just taking this for preventive measures?

Abeg o! Look before you leap grin
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Adewale1603(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29
People still dey fvck for this timubulation, no fuel, no electricity, inflation, insecurity e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by usecondom(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29
If you are in Ibadan contact me, I am an HIV Testing Services officer.

SSSbuster:

Thanks, I will visit the hospital first thing in the morning.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Bayaar02(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29
motionarena:

So you knowingly slept with someone with HIV

This is the comment I've been looking for.

Like seriously? You slept with someone knowingly they've got HIV?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Sunkyapogee(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29
SaturnNick:
He is not sure of the person's status. That's why he is being careful, and finding the right drug

Better to tell the gal to carry out test immediately than spending money unnecessarily

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by greatness77: 3:14pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:

how did you know that she is HIV positive?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by labake1(f): 3:15pm On Apr 29
Laughing out loud, e don happen they don catch am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Warning Signs Of Low Blood Sugar / Israeli Technology Can Now Freeze Cancer Cells / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.