Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help (27754 Views)

Please Help, How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure / A Virgin Girl Contracted HIV After Having Her First Sex - Twitter User / How To Prevent HIV After You Have Been Exposed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Enemyofpeace: 7:24pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
I got it for N18,500. When I visited the hospital today and showed it to the doctor, she advised against taking it.

She explained that when they use it, they usually monitor patients organs like liver and kidney, because the medicine can damage them. In short, it's a dangerous drug that should only be used under a doctor's prescription.
I had already taken three pills - two yesterday and one today. I have decided to discard the remaining pills.
death is knocking on your door. No open door for am o grin
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by abdsamad(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29
Love800:
U mean to say clinics instead of general hospital?

No, a primary health care center.

Where do you live?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Love800(m): 7:36pm On Apr 29
I stay in warri.

To my understanding, clinics are primary hospitals, general or fmc are secondary hospitals and teaching hospitals are the highest ones.
abdsamad:

No, a primary health care center.

Where do you live?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by kYjelly2: 7:38pm On Apr 29
meum:
It’s usually 72 hours after exposure. You should visit an HIV clinic/hospital check online for approved hospitals where you can get such drugs. If you take the right drug following the prescription you should be fine.

If you make up your mind to go to the hospital(which you should) let them know what drug you are currently on. Be open about it.

THIS IS WRONG INFORMATION

YOU HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 72 HOURS TO START TAKING PEP AND EVERY HOUR COUNTS, SO THE SOONER YOU START THE COURSE THE BETTER

EVERY HOUR COUNTS
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by meum: 7:46pm On Apr 29
kYjelly2:

THIS IS WRONG INFORMATION

YOU HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 72 HOURS TO START TAKING PEP AND EVERY HOUR COUNTS, SO THE SOONER YOU START THE COURSE THE BETTER

EVERY HOUR COUNTS
I guess I omitted a word: within. My bad
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by hansomb: 7:48pm On Apr 29
See wetin enjoyment of 10 minutes has cost you days of restlessness. Say no to adultery. It absolutely not worth it.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by LeonardPeters: 7:50pm On Apr 29
First of all, ensure you check your status to be sure you were not positive before now. Secondly, if you have all the time and the consent of your partner get her tested to ascertain her status. If she's Non Reactive then there's nothing to worry about. But if she turns out to be Reactive then you'll have to go to any hospital that offers HCT (HIV Counselling and Testing) for PEP and all of these must be within 72hrs after the incidence.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by kYjelly2: 7:50pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
Help! I need advice. I was using a CD, but it burst. I know there's a drug that can prevent HIV infection if taken within 24 hours of exposure. To be safe, I sought out the drug, known as Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). However, the ph0armacist didn't have it in stock, so they offered me an alternative called Aurobindo (see image below). I'm not familiar with drugs, but can anyone tell me if Aurobindo can be used as PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV after exposure?

I want t make sure I have the correct drug, as I still have time to go find it if this one isn't the right one.

EVERY HOUR COUNTS

SO IT'S BEST TO START THE PROPER P.E.P COURSE AS SOON AS YOU CAN

ALSO, PLEASE GO A REPUTABLE PHARMACY LIKE MEDPLUS, THOUGH THE PILLS MAY BE EXPENSIVE, STILL IT'S GOOD TO GO TO A REPUTABLE PHARMACY
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Diamondvono: 7:57pm On Apr 29
I am a health practitioner under Neolife company... If you are really serious about this... I can introduce one of our best products for you that has 99.9% immunodefence.

Call/chat via 09010262627
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Steveagro: 8:01pm On Apr 29
Go to a government hospital, HIV centre or or any big Laboratory emphasis on big in your area
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Hydroxide(m): 8:10pm On Apr 29
Why are you so worried, Na olosho you carry?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by shogsman(m): 8:43pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
Help! I need advice. I was using a CD, but it burst. I know there's a drug that can prevent HIV infection if taken within 24 hours of exposure. To be safe, I sought out the drug, known as Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). However, the ph0armacist didn't have it in stock, so they offered me an alternative called Aurobindo (see image below). I'm not familiar with drugs, but can anyone tell me if Aurobindo can be used as PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV after exposure?

I want t make sure I have the correct drug, as I still have time to go find it if this one isn't the right one.
I'm 98% sure you've not being exposed to HIV, however use those drugs though cos it works exactly as the pharmacy prescribed, it's basically the same set of drugs HIV patients uses , so you're fine, stop panicking

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by MrCaesar: 10:27pm On Apr 29
Why should you have séx with someone you are at risk of having HIV from?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by DND069: 10:39pm On Apr 29
SonofGod231:
It's actually within 72hrs after xposure.
Go to any health center or govt hospital
and it's free.
Pharmacy sales reps can be funny,they can give you HIV drugs for PEP.
The tabs have totally different colors and are taken for straight 31days.
I'm talking from experience as I have also had sex with a lady that was confirmed positive.Only for her to open up the next morning after a night of marathon.

God will help you.

Omo 💔 this is scary. She purposely wanted to infect you. I hope you discharge her permanently.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:12pm On Apr 29
No1,, how you take know say the lady get HIV?
No2,why you go allow the condom to burst?
No3, when you dey enjoy your smelling kpekus I dey there
No4,,try boil small water and pour one sachet of hypo on it drink it
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29
SSSbuster:
I got it for N18,500. When I visited the hospital today and showed it to the doctor, she advised against taking it.

She explained that when they use it, they usually monitor patients organs like liver and kidney, because the medicine can damage them. In short, it's a dangerous drug that should only be used under a doctor's prescription.
I had already taken three pills - two yesterday and one today. I have decided to discard the remaining pills.
e be like say you too don go knack smelling kpekus grin grin grin eee ni bo n be
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:48pm On Apr 29
So this kind drugs dey exist😳 let me write it down incase of emergency
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by quiteboy(m): 12:24am On Apr 30
PEP Postexposure prophylaxis
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by dc23(m): 12:26am On Apr 30
Even after you get the drug you are looking for, there is no telling if it isn't counterfeit.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Iykeslim: 5:27am On Apr 30
My brother, this cannot suffice. What you need is post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) cos you are already exposed and not PrEP.
What you need is Dolutegravir (DTG) or Effavirez (EFV).
Kindly visit an health facility that is supposed by the HIV program.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by highchief1: 5:41am On Apr 30
SSSbuster:

lol no be so then Dey catch hiv bro.as e burst u rush out u can’t catch it.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SonofGod231: 6:02am On Apr 30
DND069:

Omo 💔 this is scary. She purposely wanted to infect you. I hope you discharge her permanently.
She said it wasn't transmittable due to the fact that her viral load was low because she has been on medications but I wasn't buying that bullshit at the time. I gradually discarded her but it wasn't immediately so she doesn't feel she was being stigmatized
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Supersaiyanlord: 6:37am On Apr 30
SSSbuster:
at which hospital and how
At any federal hospital...got it yesterday at health of the sick hospital nkpogu
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by delishpot: 8:23am On Apr 30
SSSbuster:

Is that the only pharmacy in your state?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by SaturnNick(m): 10:30am On Apr 30
Justicemy8:

u think ur making sense but ur not... IF he doesnt know the status then why assume the worst... they are other STDs that are treatable right..
He's probably more scared about the hiv I guess
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Nonywendy(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30
SSSbuster:

Aurobindo shaker grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by DND069: 4:15pm On Apr 30
SonofGod231:

She said it wasn't transmittable due to the fact that her viral load was low because she has been on medications but I wasn't buying that bullshit at the time. I gradually discarded her but it wasn't immediately so she doesn't feel she was being stigmatized

Her response was funny. Who would know someone is an infection carrier and still feels it isn't transmittable whether the virus is low or high.

I bet her next victim, she wouldn't say anything.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by ebchuks(m): 6:49pm On Apr 30
SSSbuster:

So, after misbehaving, u come here for help. Sense, where art thou?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Prettygirl200(f): 7:03pm On May 01
ReacherSaidNoth:
Common sense should tell you he slept with a stranger whose status is unknown to him.
And that common sense did not tell him he was suppose to use condom on this same stranger? A fool defending another fool.
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Prettygirl200(f): 7:05pm On May 01
Kaido:

He ain't sure, just trying to be safe
He isn't sure yet he's looking for drugs to prevent HIV? Do you guys even think? If he isn't sure why is he looking for HIV drug's instead of going to take infection drugs if truely he's trying to keep safe?
Re: How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help by Kaido: 7:43pm On May 01
Prettygirl200:
He isn't sure yet he's looking for drugs to prevent HIV? Do you guys even think? If he isn't sure why is he looking for HIV drug's instead of going to take infection drugs if truely he's trying to keep safe?
A man and a woman are different animals and the way we think is totally different too.

You are scared of infections, but he got a bigger fear called HIV.

Goodnight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Warning Signs Of Low Blood Sugar / Israeli Technology Can Now Freeze Cancer Cells / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.