Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery (15790 Views)

Lekki Port Has Received 4 Commercial Vessels So Far / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by adamusuleiman1: 6:09am On Apr 29
Lagos-Calabar Road: Gov’t Plans Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Dangote Refinery

The Minister of Works, Engr. David Umahi, has assured that the Lagos-Calabar coastal road project will be constructed to join a parallel alignment with the road connecting to the Lekki Deep Sea Port and Dangote Refinery in a move to bolster economic strength and achieve the gazetted route of the project’s corridors.

The minister hinted that more beachfronts, obstructions and structures along the federal government’s gazetted right-of-way will be demolished.

Umahi, while speaking on the sideline of the project tour around Lagos Free Trade Zone (FTZ) in Lagos, mentioned that Hi-Tech construction company would construct a flyover along the 47km to connect to the Lekki Deep Seaport to Epe and Dangote Refinery.

The Minister noted that properties and obstructions along the gazetted right-of-way of the Lagos-Calabar highway project must be realigned to achieve the goal of the coastal highway project stretching towards Lagos and eight other states in the country.

He said the demolition had commenced after he inspected kilometres 13, 16 and 20 of the coastal road project to ensure that the economic viable route to access the coastal road is without any damage.
Umahi further noted that the federal government reclaimed the right of way of the Lagos-Calabar coastal shorelines to pave way for the realisation of the project.

He said the demolition was necessary as part of the project plan since the structures were located on the Federal Government’s right-of-way. He said a lot of structures would be affected by the demolition, adding that compensation would be provided where necessary.

He affirmed that the demolition of obstructions along the federal government’s right-of-way began with the Mami Chula lifestyle beachfront and Landmark Beach Resort after holding several meetings with stakeholders, property owners and traditional institutions in the state.

The minister said the demolition will go on despite claims of Landmark CEO, citing job loss and business deactivation while he stressed that the owner was making a lot of noise despite knowing that his structure was not affected.

The minister insisted that the coastal project will go on despite the politics being played by Landmark to sway the media that his structure has been destroyed.
The minister stressed that several structures would be affected by the demolition, adding that compensation would be provided.

Umahi said, “with the utmost fear of God, and the commitment to the Renewed Hope prudency agenda of President Bola Tinubu. It’s in a right-of-way within the coastal corridor, which is the legitimate right-of-way of the federal government.

“Before the flag-off of the Landmark’s demolition, I graciously increased the period by another seven days and yet another four days, and here we are because the project stopped because of a lack of demolition.”
The minister acknowledged that some people opposed the project but he insisted that it was necessary for economic development.

He assured those affected by the demolition that they would be adequately compensated and added that documentation would start between May 2 and 3.
Umahi also assured that he would be available throughout the week to address the confirmation or payment issues related to the demolition exercise.

https://leadership.ng/lagos-calabar-road-govt-plans-realignment-flyovers-to-connect-lekki-port-dangote-refinery/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by jjcena(m): 6:19am On Apr 29
One built a railway from his state to Niger Republic, this one is building a coastal road from his state to other coastal states. When it gets to my turn, I'll build a tunnel road from my state to China

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Flame333: 6:26am On Apr 29
Very sad for those affected but Nigeria must grow above primordial backwardness

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by sagitariusbaby(m): 6:26am On Apr 29
Everything about this road is in favour of Lagos state which isn't bad but Tinubu must make sure he sees to the end of the project or else no subsequent government will never go near it as it will be a major abandoned project.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by DMerciful(m): 6:27am On Apr 29
Plan as you go!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Sheuns(m): 6:27am On Apr 29
For this road to come to a reality, it should be completed from start to finish during the current administration regime. Failure to achieve 100% completion may just add this to the long list of abandoned projects littering the country.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by fredoooooo: 6:28am On Apr 29
Good job..

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by AnnaBeljones: 6:28am On Apr 29
What if You Could Land Your Dream Job?

Imagine walking into a room full of top employers in Nigeria (or abroad). Amidst the sea of hopeful candidates, your CV shines bright, attracting attention and piquing interest.

With our CV writing services, that dream can become a reality. We tailor your CV to ensure it not only looks the part but truly showcases your potential and achievements.

Don't just take our word for it. Here's what Nuel C. from Lagos had to say:

"Before using the Paulwelj CV services, I was sending out CVs with little success. After the revamp, I had 5 interview invites in just one week!"

Why wait? Seize the opportunity and elevate your CV game. Our Whatsapp contact is in the flyer below. Chat us NOW!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Glitcher: 6:28am On Apr 29
FG should also build functional seaports in the Niger delta. With all the wealth the oil producing communities have contributed to the nation there is still very little the government has given back to them. No good schools, no drinking water, roads or good sources of income.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Ndleabilli: 6:28am On Apr 29
Waste of recourse

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Biodun556(m): 6:28am On Apr 29
😊 good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Trendy247: 6:28am On Apr 29
All I know is that this road will never get to calabar sad

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:28am On Apr 29
Where this road go pass for ibeju exactly Will they construct bridges to connect ogun state true epe or i don't understand?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by mejetov422: 6:29am On Apr 29
Always planning with No visible action, let just hope this one work out. To ease the traffic congestion.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Dpharisee: 6:31am On Apr 29
Existing inter state highways across the country in very bad shape causing fatal accidents and incidences of robbery but we should be focused on a coastal road that will not be finished in the next 20 years awarded to cronies without competitive bidding for N15T.
Continue!
Afromalaika:

Obedient, present Sir.
Common sense used to be attributed to Igbos on this forum now it has been changed to Obidients, how many fatal accidents use to make FP on Nairaland every week due to bad roads, because E never reach you doesn't mean that all is well, we can start with a national interstate roads emergency worth N15T and after we achieve that we focus on a long-term coastal road, how's that difficult?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Tealcrestmedia(m): 6:31am On Apr 29
Why wasn't same realignment solution applied to landmark beach?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by baretalk: 6:33am On Apr 29
Always bloating project figures. Are you people taking this money to the afterlife?

I don't know how people will be stealing hundreds of billions, just to consume.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by kenny714433(m): 6:34am On Apr 29
Why does my instincts keep telling me that this road will end in Ondo?

Well, let's watch out.

It will however make sense if it's completed

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by aikyg(m): 6:35am On Apr 29
Cool! We also need to focus on old roads that are in dire need of rehabilitation. Those ones are also as important, if not more important than the new ones.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by sonnie10: 6:35am On Apr 29
If you have never driven to Calabar, you won’t understand how insensitive and wasteful this project is.
There is an existing road from calabar to Ikot ekpene which is a death trap now. It takes almost 3-4 hour to drive the whole distance. A journey that used to be 45 mins maximum. In fact, In the early 80s that road , a federal road was well maintained and nick named “uyo by Air” because of how cars were speeding on that road. Why do they need another expensive road when the old one cannot even be repaired.
From the Ikot ekpene end to Aba was another 20 mins., Then to Owerri before you drive straight to Onitsha. In all it took just 3- 4 hours then. Onitsha to Lagos through Benin express is less than 6 hour
We have not forgotten about the much awaited super highway from Benue through Ogoja to Calabar which is yet to see the light of the day . This was Buharis campaign promise to the people of Cross River State. Till today nothing.
And here we go again. If they serious about this coastal highway, why not start it from the Calabar end? Or even from both ends to be fair,

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by jumper524(m): 6:35am On Apr 29
jjcena:
One built a railway from his state to Niger Republic, this one is building a coastal road from his state to other coastal states. When it gets to my turn, I'll build a tunnel road from my state to China
hes building from a state whete refinery is to another statevwhere fuel depot is to bolster economic trade.

learn to see things positively not like village people with small literacy.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by unitysheart(m): 6:35am On Apr 29
Trendy247:

Bad belle wisher

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by lanre9ja(m): 6:35am On Apr 29
Trendy247:
They are starting from other end too... according to the minister

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:35am On Apr 29
Tinubu get sense I swear. He is doing everything to ensure Lagos State remains the Infrastructural powerhouse of Nigeria in the next 500 years.

GEJ you see?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by unitysheart(m): 6:36am On Apr 29
jumper524:
hes building from a state whete refinery is to another statevwhere fuel depot is to bolster economic trade.

learn to see things positively not like village people with small literacy.

Many of us are myopic in nature. They don’t calm down to see the economic viability of a project. Na unnecessary criticism dem dey do

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by femicyrus(m): 6:38am On Apr 29
Right of way demolition is okay with compensation.
Seyi makinde of Oyo state should come and learn from this instead of grabbing 1km from the poor masses against 60m right of way gazetted for state roads
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Tadeeeee: 6:40am On Apr 29
Okay
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Afromalaika(m): 6:42am On Apr 29
Dpharisee:
Existing inter state highways across the country in very bad shape causing fatal accidents and incidences of robbery but we should be focused on a coastal road that will not be finished in the next 20 years awarded to cronies without competitive bidding for N15T.
Continue!

Obedient, present Sir.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by waldigit: 6:43am On Apr 29
mejetov422:
Always planning with No visible action, let just hope this one work out. To ease the traffic congestion.
The truth is they don't plan at all. I am a town planner and I can tell you public work is mainly political in Nigeria. In town planning there what we call "planning process" This procedure if followed can make a single public project turn around the fortune of any country, but because politicians would not allow it because of their corruption motives they resort to mere speculation in conception and execution of public projects, hence the country gains little or nothing from such project. You can imagine the minister talking about amendment to the public instead of the public determining the project based on planners interaction with them. That's an abuse of planning process.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Quest7777: 6:43am On Apr 29
Why didn't they start from the Calabar end?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by abimbola74(m): 6:44am On Apr 29
jjcena:
His state 😂😂😂😂is he from cross river ? Haba Oga small small nah

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Fadddd(m): 6:44am On Apr 29
Trendy247:
Shame on you

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos / Mojor Towns In Northern Nigeria(arewa) / Trailer Falls At Ikate Bus Stop (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.