Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery (15829 Views)

Lekki Port Has Received 4 Commercial Vessels So Far / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by udemzyudex(m): 7:12am On Apr 29
Appletek:

There are 4 Ports in Niger Delta. Rivers Port, Onne Port, Delta Port, Calabar Port. Those are the Seaorts in the Niger Delta.

Lagos is not responsible for your misfortune, neither is the SS responsible. Face your ancestors who deprived you of access to the sea.

I repeat are this ports under the supervision of the state government or federal government?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:13am On Apr 29
Floky215:

How can they do anything there when they are happy with guarding pipelines, collecting deve money from anyone they can find and shouting god of egbesu up and down killing and betraying themselves to outsiders...!!

Until they have a common front nothing meaningful would be done there...!!

Jonathan was VP for 2 years and President for 6 years. Ask that guy to mention one single thing small Otueke gained from Jonathan's Presidency.
As if it was not Buhari who even gave them water after Jonathan's presidency.

The SS guys don't know the power they wield.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Glitcher: 7:13am On Apr 29
Appletek:

You don't know anything about the Niger Delta, you just want to open mouth.
Rivers Port, Onne Port, Delta Port, Calabar Port. Those are the Seaorts in the Niger Delta.

Jonathan was President for 6 years and his own community didn't even have drinking water. No be juju be that?

What are the State Governments in Delta and Bayelsa doing? Those two are notoriously stunted in development.
Each Niger delta state with access to the ocean should have a seaport. The onne seaport in an inland port and has been strategically crippled to encourage importers to use the lagos port instead. Yes, the state governments and NDDC have not done enough but that is not my focus now. I am more interested in the role the FG is playing now. One of the problems with the Niger delta is that the federal government appointees who make decisions over the Niger delta region are not indigenous to the niger delta. E.g the down stream, middle stream and upstream oil sectors are being headed by northerners hence no implementation of policies that help the people. Only the government all all level benefit

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Glitcher: 7:14am On Apr 29
Floky215:

How can they do anything there when they are happy with guarding pipelines, collecting deve money from anyone they can find and shouting god of egbesu up and down killing and betraying themselves to outsiders...!!

Until they have a common front nothing meaningful would be done there...!!
I agree
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Basic123: 7:14am On Apr 29
Glitcher:
state governments cannot fund such projects due to the cost in relation to their allocation. In addition it is the role of FG to build seaports and roads linking states. GEJ is the closest Nigeria has had to a non tribalistic president. The Niger deltan's deserve and need more.
Why are you easterners choose to be stupid and Ignorant to push your stupid VICTIM MENTALITY!

THE NEW LEKKI DEEP SEA PORT IS OWNED BY THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT AND TOLERAM NOT FG.

You people will continue to be backwards until you realize YORUBAS and FULANIS are not really your problem but your GOVERNORS AND POLITICAL ELITES.
Bayelsa with just 8LG not up to 11LG in Ibadan city alone receives the highest allocation in the country yet remain very underdeveloped even after their son was the president for 6yrs,are the yorubas and fulani are responsible for that too

WHAT PAINS ME IS THAT SOME MUMU FROM THAT REGION WILL READ YOUR MISCHIEVOUS FALSE CLAIMS AND CHOOSE TO REINFORCE THEIR VICTIM MENTALITY WITH IT.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:15am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

I repeat are this ports under the supervision of the state government or federal government?

No, they are under the supervision of the local government. Keep asking foolish questions. No wonder you people don't have anything to show.

The ports were built by the Lagos State Government and private investors. The FG was brought in to ensure standardisation.

Dey there dey cry. No one even pays attention to you guys anymore.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by vicfajeze: 7:16am On Apr 29
jjcena:
One built a railway from his state to Niger Republic, this one is building a coastal road from his state to other coastal states. When it gets to my turn, I'll build a tunnel road from my state to China
CHINA?U BE BAD GUY BROS!!!!!
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by YouAreNobody: 7:16am On Apr 29
sonnie10:
If you have never driven to Calabar, you won’t understand how insensitive and wasteful this project is.
There is an existing road from calabar to Ikot ekpene which is a death trap now. It takes almost 3-4 hour to drive the whole distance. A journey that used to be 45 mins maximum. In fact, In the early 80s that road , a federal road was well maintained and nick named “uyo by Air” because of how cars were speeding on that road. Why do they need another expensive road when the old one cannot even be repaired.
From the Ikot ekpene end to Aba was another 20 mins., Then to Owerri before you drive straight to Onitsha. In all it took just 3- 4 hours then. Onitsha to Lagos through Benin express is less than 6 hour
We have not forgotten about the much awaited super highway from Benue through Ogoja to Calabar which is yet to see the light of the day . This was Buharis campaign promise to the people of Cross River State. Till today nothing.
And here we go again. If they serious about this coastal highway, why not start it from the Calabar end? Or even from both ends to be fair,

This road is only for Lagos and the SW, it wont get past Ondo state before the end of this administration and the next one will abandon it. that's why you see yoruba monikers seem to be the only ones supporting it. They know what they're doing. The last time I travelled to Calabar, I wept for the state of that Ikot Ekpene to Calabar road. We had to follow the roads inside farms because the main roads were so bad.
What happened to them maintaining the existing roads, and using this 15 trillion to fix the power infrastructure of this country?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by udemzyudex(m): 7:17am On Apr 29
baretalk:

State governors earn enough and has enough capacity to attract investors to build ports, but their lazy criminal heads rather think of how to steal public funds.

Calculate how much state government loot you will know that they can build 4 ports within 4 years if they want. Building ports is not rocket science.

Till date Akwa ibom is still seeking the support of the FG for the full implementation of the ibom deep seaport.

Without the FG approval and every other documentations there's nothing the state government can do when it comes to seaports, it's under the exclusive list

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by udemzyudex(m): 7:18am On Apr 29
Appletek:

No, they are under the supervision of the local government. Keep asking foolish questions. No wonder you people don't have anything to show.

The ports were built by the Lagos State Government and private investors. The FG was brought in to ensure standardisation.

Dey there dey cry. No one even pays attention to you guys anymore.

It's obvious I'm engaging an 1diot, can a state government just wake up one day to build a seaport without the FG approval?

Who is this clown?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:18am On Apr 29
Glitcher:
Each Niger delta state with access to the ocean should have a seaport. The onne seaport in an inland port and has been strategically crippled to encourage importers to use the lagos port instead. Yes, the state governments and NDDC have not done enough but that is not my focus now. I am more interested in the role the FG is playing now. One of the problems with the Niger delta is that the federal government appointees who make decisions over the Niger delta region are not indigenous to the niger delta. E.g the down stream, middle stream and upstream oil sectors are being headed by northerners hence no implementation of policies that help the people. Only the government all all level benefit

Look at this shameless liar @ the Bolded.

Jonathan who is the biggest federal figure from Niger Delta is not indigenous to the Niger Delta, abi?
You lack knowledge of what you are talking about. You are just regurgitating the nonsense your parents fed you with.

Each Niger Delta State should build a seaport. Lagos did it, why can't they?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by DesChyko: 7:18am On Apr 29
Firstly,

The minister said the demolition will go on despite claims of Landmark CEO, citing job loss and business deactivation while he stressed that the owner was making a lot of noise despite knowing that his structure was not affected.

Then,

Before the flag-off of the Landmark’s demolition, I graciously increased the period by another seven days and yet another four days, and here we are because the project stopped because of a lack of demolition.”

Who be the thief and who be the owner??
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Basic123: 7:19am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

It's so functional to the extent that some people will prefer to use Lagos seaport to import their goods and transport it to the east than using the onne port.

The PH and warri have been under repair for how long?
Who is the clown blabbing everywhere, you think we are all fools here?
You are actually fools!
If you are so stupid enough not to know that your son GEJ was president for 6yrs,PDP your slave master was in power for 16years,OKONJO UWEALA was a two time finance minister. DIEZANI MADUEKE was super petroleum minister,IKE EKWEREMADU was a 12years deputy senate president etc .If after all that you still claim marginalization of your economic treasure base and failed to call them out but call YORUBAS AND FULANIS,then no marginalization any were,all na childish stupid victim playing/propaganda/persecutors delusion to attract pity supporters to you political elite and resentment against the FG

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:20am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

It's obvious I'm engaging an 1diot, can a state government just wake up one day to build a seaport without the FG approval?
Who is this clown?

Lagos built a seaport, you are building excuses and insulting those better than your parents and your entire lineage.

Why didn't your own State government approach the FG just how Lagos state did?

Continue. Your children will slave in those seaports.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by YouAreNobody: 7:20am On Apr 29
unitysheart:

Many of us are myopic in nature. They don’t calm down to see the economic viability of a project. Na unnecessary criticism dem dey do
jumper524:
hes building from a state whete refinery is to another statevwhere fuel depot is to bolster economic trade. learn to see things positively not like village people with small literacy.

There's an already-existing road from Lagos to Calabar. What prevents your government from fixing that road instead of wasting billions of dollars on a new road? These monies would've been put to better use fixing the power infrastructure of this country, and I'm sure you know power is one of the crucial factors necessary for industrialization of any country
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by udemzyudex(m): 7:21am On Apr 29
Appletek:

Seaport is under Exclusive list but Lagos State Government just built one in Lekki and want to build another in Badagry.
What are your brain--dead leaders waiting for?

Or you applied that you want to build a seaport and the FG denied you?

Your games don cast. People just laugh at you people when you say this nonsense.
https://www.punchng.com/aibom-seeks-tinubus-support-for-deep-seaport/%3famp

All this kids on nairaland these days,you lack the capacity to reason well.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Winnin009: 7:23am On Apr 29
Dpharisee:
Existing inter state highways across the country in very bad shape causing fatal accidents and incidences of robbery but we should be focused on a coastal road that will not be finished in the next 20 years awarded to cronies without competitive bidding for N15T.
Continue!

Common sense used to be attributed to Igbos on this forum now it has been changed to Obidients, how many fatal accidents use to make FP on Nairaland every week due to bad roads, because E never reach you doesn't mean that all is well, we can start with a national interstate roads emergency worth N15T and after we achieve that we focus on a long-term coastal road, how's that difficult?

Its very difficult because it will amount to doing the right thing. And doing the right thing goes against their innate nature.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by udemzyudex(m): 7:23am On Apr 29
Appletek:

Lagos built a seaport, you are building excuses and insulting those better than your parents and your entire lineage.

Why didn't your own State government approach the FG just how Lagos state did?

Continue. Your children will slave in those seaports.

Your generation and the ones yet unborn will be slaves in those seaports.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Menclothing1: 7:25am On Apr 29
There is no development a state can’t achieve Abia is doing light lagos state port and train

Don’t give excuse for your lazy gov

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:26am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

Your generation and the ones yet unborn will be slaves in those seaports.

I am building seaports for my generations, you are building excuses for your own generations. You have zero plans, just insults and excuses for failure.
There is no how your children won't be servants to other people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:26am On Apr 29
jumper524:
hes building from a state whete refinery is to another statevwhere fuel depot is to bolster economic trade.

learn to see things positively not like village people with small literacy.

How? For 700km one would drive from a refinery to a stare where there is a depot. Do you see how senseless this thing is. A state with a depot and a port that has not received cargo in 25 years that is in need to rehabilitation and expansion. Do you see the deceit here by the FG?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:26am On Apr 29
lanre9ja:

They are starting from other end too... according to the minister

They are not bro
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by YouAreNobody: 7:27am On Apr 29
Glitcher:
The onne port is an inland port with all its limitations. Check the map of ports in west Africa, you will notice how the frequency of ports stops at Lagos. The NDDC and state government do not have the capacity to carry out some kind of projects due to the difference in cost and allocation. In addition it is the responsibility of the FG to build interstate roads and seaports. The Niger delta states have benefitted less than 1% of the wealth they have given the nation. Their underdevelopment may be a strategy to keep the place uninhabited due to pollution by the oil companies. The issue of destroying the natural environment is another issue. They have found oil in the north but they are not pumping the oil out, you know why? Because they know how it can damage their environment. So much is given by the Oil producing companies and little is given back. The oil producing communities are just foolish.

@ the bolded, they're the most foolish people in this country. My uncle has an oil servicing company in port harcort and, back then when I used to follow him to field work, I cry for those people. Their lands and waters are rendered useless due to spills and the oil companies settle a few top members of the community, and employ their other people on manual labor, security or cleaning jobs, and these people just go with that.
Absolutely disgusting

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by udemzyudex(m): 7:27am On Apr 29
Appletek:

I am building seaports for my generations, you are building excuses for your own generations. You have zero plans, just insults and excuses for failure.
There is no how your children won't be servants to other people.

You're building seaports for your generation?

Who is this clown, who are you in the first place? A miscreants with smartphone claiming what he is not
grin

You're a clown.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Jomonix: 7:28am On Apr 29
kenny714433:
Why does my instincts keep telling me that this road will end in Ondo?

Well, let's watch out.

It will however make sense if it's completed

I share the same thoughts. Why didn't they start from Calabar or open it up in two fronts.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:28am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

https://www.punchng.com/aibom-seeks-tinubus-support-for-deep-seaport/%3famp
All this kids on nairaland these days,you lack the capacity to reason well.

Udemezue, you are an Igbo man from the South East, Akwa Ibom is in the South South. Stop hiding under the South South. Be a man and not a useless coward.

Show us the one any Governor from your South East has requested for considering your noisemakers from the landlocked region cry most about seaports.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:28am On Apr 29
unitysheart:

Many of us are myopic in nature. They don’t calm down to see the economic viability of a project. Na unnecessary criticism dem dey do

It is not viable. Does it make sense to link a state with a refinery to a state with a depot that is 700km away? That state with a depot has a port that has not received cargo in 25 years that is in need of expansion and rehabilitation. It is even more economical yo move those products from the refinery via the sea to calabar in less that 2 hours that through the so called coastal road.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Johnson5258: 7:29am On Apr 29
Had it been one president had done this, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway wouldn't have been a death trap by now, ordinary international airport no dey despite having a good number companies and tertiary institutions in it if not the highest.

If you know, you know, only a bustard describes his father's house with a left hand, charity begins at home.

jjcena:
One built a railway from his state to Niger Republic, this one is building a coastal road from his state to other coastal states. When it gets to my turn, I'll build a tunnel road from my state to China
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Appletek: 7:29am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

You're building seaports for your generation?

Who is this clown, who are you in the first place? A miscreants with smartphone claiming what he is not
grin

You're a clown.

That's now your fathers were shining teeth when the SW was developing. Today, we can see who is crying marginalisation and begging for freedom.
Don't worry, your children will continue from where you stop.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:31am On Apr 29
Fadddd:
How did china achieve this unprecedented growth, asked a journalist.

The growth is all connected to road-building. To grow a country, one must first connect every nook and cranny of the nation.

Road projects that make economic sense. If it was China they would thrash his road project idea because ot makes no economic to spend that huge funds whereas on the course of the road all the ports are there in need of expansion and rehabilitation. They would rather use the funds to modernise the hinterland roads to link all the ports littered all over the south.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:32am On Apr 29
femicyrus:

You don't want tinubu to win a new road construction challenge like obi without a new school constructed?
Rehabilitation of old roads are far better than new ones.

Try and have sense. Must you bring Obi into this.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:32am On Apr 29
Fearyourcreator:

The rest for die for them na... The allocation is for what ?

Who controls the ports? Fg or the state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Flood Destroys 150 Houses In Jos, Plateau State / Tbilisi, Georgia / Transport Crisis: LASG Is Looking Into The Demands Of The JDWAN - Sola Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.