Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery (16046 Views)

Lekki Port Has Received 4 Commercial Vessels So Far / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Glitcher: 6:40pm On Apr 30
casualobserver:

What we need are more ports away from Lagos that can handle roro, container vessels and general merchandise.. Warri port is all of these! Is it until a port is on the sea before it can handle containers and roro? Is the point of a port not a point to facilitate imports and exports of goods?
there are certain limitations of an inland port and part of it is a limitation on the size of ships it can berth and ease of access. What this means is that most global import vessels will choose the lagos seaport.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by occfx: 6:58pm On Apr 30
Glitcher:
every tribe has its own issues, the thing with you Igbos is arrogance. Even God said he hates pride, you guys will always be lesser until you repent of your pride and foolishness.

I understand you but the issue here is proud/wise people are not suitable for slavery. Think about it. Repenting won't change anything, it will further reduce igbos to Benue situation.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by casualobserver: 7:38pm On Apr 30
Glitcher:
there are certain limitations of an inland port and part of it is a limitation on the size of ships it can berth and ease of access. What this means is that most global import vessels will choose the lagos seaport.

My friend you are losing me. Money is being spent on Warri and other ports, let Warri and other ports handle MORE of what they can handle, let Lagos handle what it can handle. Your argument sounds like because Warri cannot handle the biggest ships upgrading it and more talraffic even if they are smaller ships won’t bring economic benefits or decongest Lagos? Seriously? Has it also occurred to you that when Warri is upgraded more smaller ships will go to warri because there costs will be lower in Warri?

We want all our ports viable and working, plus warri plus Lagos plus onne plus Calabar plus others plus new ones.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by casualobserver: 7:42pm On Apr 30
Glitcher:

My friend you are losing me. Money is being spent on Warri and other ports, let Warri and other ports handle MORE of what they can handle, let Lagos handle what it can handle. Your argument sounds like because Warri cannot handle the biggest ships upgrading it and more talraffic even if they are smaller ships won’t bring economic benefits or decongest Lagos? Seriously? Has it also occurred to you that when Warri is upgraded more “smaller” ships will go to warri because there costs will be lower in Warri?

We want all our ports viable and working, plus warri plus Lagos plus onne plus Calabar plus others plus new ones. Ports ultimately become specialized in the comparative advantage they offer. In the US for instance, Baltimore I think is the main port for cars, other ports are renowned for oil and gas shipments, some are renown for passenger ferries and cruises like same thing with ports like Hamburg, Rotterdam, felixstowe, Harwich, Ostend etc etc. Not every port must be a sea port my friend.not every port must handle the biggest ships to bring economic benefits.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by PHAYOL81: 7:43pm On Apr 30
Believeintruth:

SEE IF I INSULT YOU DO NOT CRY BLOOD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOW PRETENDING AND SHOWING ME EDITORIALS FROM NAIRALAND FEELING FUNKY WHEREAS IN ALL INDICATIONS YOU DON'T HAVE SENSE. WHICH ONE IS PEOPLE ACROSS THE NIGER ARE YOU STUPID? YOU THINK WE JUST MAKE COMPLAINTS LIKE THAT WITHOUT VALID PROOF. OGA JUST PUT YOUR STUFF AND SHUT UP AND STOP INSULTING IGBOS. THIS IS BECOMING TOO MUCH BECAUSE PEOPLE INDULGE YOUR STUPIDITY AND FOOLISHNESS AND YOU THINK IT IS NORMAL.

If stupidly and foolishness are prizes, YOU'D HAVE WON COUNTLESS WITHOUT STRESS. I guess you don't even understand the words to start with else you wouldn't have projected your traits onto another. WHO IS MORE STVPID THAN HE WHO'S PROGRAMMED TO BELIEVED HIS DEVELOPMENT IS DETTERED BY A FAR AWAY FACTOR EVEN WHEN ALL FACTORS AROUND HIM HASN'T BEEN STRIVING FOR BETTER?
AND who can be more dumb than you who doesn't know an iota of event happening in his backyard only to be enlightened by someone very far away? Anyway, that's because dumb people are largely contented with unverified rumour provided it makes them feel good in stupid idleness (so they can cry to everyone that they're USELESS because someone made them to be).
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Glitcher: 8:47pm On Apr 30
casualobserver:

My friend you are losing me. Money is being spent on Warri and other ports, let Warri and other ports handle MORE of what they can handle, let Lagos handle what it can handle. Your argument sounds like because Warri cannot handle the biggest ships upgrading it and more talraffic even if they are smaller ships won’t bring economic benefits or decongest Lagos? Seriously? Has it also occurred to you that when Warri is upgraded more “smaller” ships will go to warri because there costs will be lower in Warri?

We want all our ports viable and working, plus warri plus Lagos plus onne plus Calabar plus others plus new ones. Ports ultimately become specialized in the comparative advantage they offer. In the US for instance, Baltimore I think is the main port for cars, other ports are renowned for oil and gas shipments, some are renown for passenger ferries and cruises like same thing with ports like Hamburg, Rotterdam, felixstowe, Harwich, Ostend etc etc. Not every port must be a sea port my friend.not every port must handle the biggest ships to bring economic benefits.
if you look at things from a single point of view you will miss the main issue. Things have to be viewed holistically and what I said was because of the nature of my response. Other causes why the niger delta seaports are not used as frequently as the lagos port is the issue of insecurity, cost and efficiency. These are issues that when fixed will encourage importers to use these ports. The bad road network is another issue.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by casualobserver: 9:15pm On Apr 30
Glitcher:
if you look at things from a single point of view you will miss the main issue. Things have to be viewed holistically and what I said was because of the nature of my response. Other causes why the niger delta seaports are not used as frequently as the lagos port is the issue of insecurity, cost and efficiency. These are issues that when fixed will encourage importers to use these ports. The bad road network is another issue.

You started with Inland and sea port, then big ship small ship, now you are talking about insecurity and roads, what next? Insecurity and roads is different if the port is inland or sea port?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 3:07am On May 01
PHAYOL81:

If stupidly and foolishness are prizes, YOU'D HAVE WON COUNTLESS WITHOUT STRESS. I guess you don't even understand the words to start with else you wouldn't have projected your traits onto another. WHO IS MORE STVPID THAN HE WHO'S PROGRAMMED TO BELIEVED HIS DEVELOPMENT IS DETTERED BY A FAR AWAY FACTOR EVEN WHEN ALL FACTORS AROUND HIM HASN'T BEEN STRIVING FOR BETTER?
AND who can be more dumb than you who doesn't know an iota of event happening in his backyard only to be enlightened by someone very far away? Anyway, that's because dumb people are largely contented with unverified rumour provided it makes them feel good in stupid idleness (so they can cry to everyone that they're USELESS because someone made them to be).

Oga this epistle you wrote if I will reply you in brief words. YOU DON'T HAVE SENSE.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Glitcher: 3:26am On May 01
casualobserver:

You started with Inland and sea port, then big ship small ship, now you are talking about insecurity and roads, what next? Insecurity and roads is different if the port is inland or sea port?
You are more interested in arguing than having a reasonable conversation. I don't think there is a need to continue this conversation. Your views are your own
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by PHAYOL81: 7:56am On May 01
Believeintruth:

Oga this epistle you wrote if I will reply you in brief words. YOU DON'T HAVE SENSE.

CONTINUE projecting your senseless and stvpid traits on others OUT OF SHEER SELF-DECEIT. Continue but the problem is it makes you no less senseless and stvpidly dumb.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 7:21pm On May 01
PHAYOL81:

CONTINUE projecting your senseless and stvpid traits on others OUT OF SHEER SELF-DECEIT. Continue but the problem is it makes you no less senseless and stvpidly dumb.

SHUT UP you don't have sense
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by PHAYOL81: 9:54pm On May 01
Believeintruth:

SHUT UP you don't have sense

BETTER MAKE A VOICE NOTE OUT OF IT TO FEEL BETTER. BUT DON'T LET YOUR KIDS DISCOVER YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS MONIKER LEST THEY CHUCKLE AT YOUR STVPIDITY AND DUMBNESS WHENEVER THEY COME TO IT.

!D!OT HAS NO OBJECTIVE CONTRIBUTION BUT HAVE INSULTS TO SHARE. TRAITS OF A RETARD. LEAVE YOU TO YOUR MYSTERY. CONTINUE BARKING!
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 10:56am On May 02
PHAYOL81:

BETTER MAKE A VOICE NOTE OUT OF IT TO FEEL BETTER. BUT DON'T LET YOUR KIDS DISCOVER YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS MONIKER LEST THEY CHUCKLE AT YOUR STVPIDITY AND DUMBNESS WHENEVER THEY COME TO IT.

!D!OT HAS NO OBJECTIVE CONTRIBUTION BUT HAVE INSULTS TO SHARE. TRAITS OF A RETARD. LEAVE YOU TO YOUR MYSTERY. CONTINUE BARKING!

You don't have sense naturally, so don't force it as it doesn't fit you trying to be sensible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Attitudes You Should Have On Lagos Roads If You Are Relocating To Lagos. / Nigerians In Winnipeg Canada / Usa Student Visa Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.