Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery (15927 Views)

Lekki Port Has Received 4 Commercial Vessels So Far / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by agabusta: 8:09am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

It's obvious I'm engaging an 1diot, can a state government just wake up one day to build a seaport without the FG approval?

Who is this clown?

Do you have any evidence private/state govt investors wants to build port anywhere similar to the Lekki port and they didn't receive approval??

Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited today in Lagos signed a US$629 million facility agreement with China Development Bank to part-fund the development and completion of the Lekki Deep Sea Port project being constructed in Lagos by project sponsors, Tolaram Group of Singapore and Chinese giant, China Harbour Engineering ...

Is anyone stopping you from bringing your own investors??

The FEC approval for the project was granted on 14th May 2014 vide its Conclusions referenced
EC 15(14)4 and after the closure of negotiations by the Nigerian Ports Authority, a Concession
Agreement dated 12th December 2018 was finally executed for 45 years on a Build, Own,
Operate and Transfer (BOOT) basis commencing from the date of Financial Closure. The Public
– Private – Partnership [PPP] model is based on the following sharing structure:
i. Federal Government represented by NPA – 5%
ii. Lagos State Government where port is located – 20%
iii. Private Investor/manager – 75%

Who was president on the above date??
Is anyone stopping other people from making similar arrangements and taking it to Jona back then to approve??

Continue crying
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by agabusta: 8:11am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

Through FG approval.

Who was president when it was approved??
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by agabusta: 8:16am On Apr 29
udemzyudex:

https://www.punchng.com/aibom-seeks-tinubus-support-for-deep-seaport/%3famp

All this kids on nairaland these days,you lack the capacity to reason well.

Although the Federal Executive Council approved the Outline Business Case for the Public-Private Partnership project in May 2015, it remains uncompleted nearly a decade later.

Buhari or whoever approved. Is it also their headache they couldn't get viable financial partner for the project?? Or you think FG gave Lag money for the Lekki port??

The President has graciously granted that I bring the memo to the request and including MRO. The President is a businessman, he had to also ask, are we making profits running Ibom Air?
So what exactly is Tinubu's crime in all of this??
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by agabusta: 8:20am On Apr 29
Winnin009:

Its very difficult because it will amount to doing the right thing. And doing the right thing goes against their innate nature.

Roads are investments and an anchor for development. Nothing stops the FG from creating new road corridors. Most especially an economically viable one like the coastal road that will connect the biggest refinery.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Basic123: 8:22am On Apr 29
Believeintruth:

You knowbyou are big liar. For one can you show us the yearly data of ships that berth into Onne and compare with the same yearly data of ship berthing in Apapa and Tincan. I hate people who lie a lot and are without scruples
1.shippers determine where to route their goods
2.lets assume its true.what did your sons and daughters GEJ,OKONJO IWEALA ,ROTIMI AMAECHI ,IKE EKWERAMADU,ANYIM PIUS ANYIM,ALDOPHUS WABARA,KEN NNAMANI, etc do about that?...or its just BUHARI,TINUBU,HAUSA and FULANIS as usual
What did PDP you worshipped for 20years do about that?LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT with TOLAREM built LEKKI DEEP SEA PORT,WHAT DID YOUR USELESS OVERHYPED PDP GOVERNORS DO ABOUT IT?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Basic123: 8:23am On Apr 29
Believeintruth:

Do you have some sense at all in this head of yours? What is Obi's link in this argument.
Your intelligence and brain is too rudimentary to connect analogical dots!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 8:23am On Apr 29
Glitcher:
FG should also build functional seaports in the Niger delta. With all the wealth the oil producing communities have contributed to the nation there is still very little the government has given back to them. No good schools, no drinking water, roads or good sources of income.

Blame their leaders. It is hard to get a good bargain for your people without good leadership. So far, only the South West region seems to be getting a good bargain for its people. Leaders from other regions are more interested in retrogressive and frivolous outcomes. Buhari had 8 years and all he did was filled the government with Northern Muslim who became more interested in stealing than any other things that could be of lasting benefit to the region.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by agabusta: 8:25am On Apr 29
Believeintruth:

Road projects that make economic sense. If it was China they would thrash his road project idea because ot makes no economic to spend that huge funds whereas on the course of the road all the ports are there in need of expansion and rehabilitation. They would rather use the funds to modernise the hinterland roads to link all the ports littered all over the south.

You are a joker. China that is building uninhabited cities planned for the future.
Massive road and bridge constructions into places they want to stimulate economic activities.

Only this one here, people are already crying and introducing tribal sentiments. Yet, you are trying to gaslight China into the matter deceitfully.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by agabusta: 8:26am On Apr 29
Believeintruth:

Oga leave 13% derivation who works on ports? Is it not the FG.

But Lagos in partnership with others just built a new airport.

Is anyone stopping the other people??
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Eriokanmi: 8:33am On Apr 29
jjcena:
One built a railway from his state to Niger Republic, this one is building a coastal road from his state to other coastal states. When it gets to my turn, I'll build a tunnel road from my state to China
As a yorubaman, I see this as a Greek gift so, don't feel sad yet. It won't take less than 2 decades to complete and by then, we don dey old. Come to lagos and see how long it took to get where they are today on the lagos rail project. 1999 till date is how many years now? 4th mainland bridge tinubu has been using to campaign to steal our votes every 4 years has been talked about several times. As I speak, they're still on masterplan brouhaha.

Lagos-ibadan expressway nko? This is the 3rd administration and it's not yet completed. How many years is that? They wat to use the coastal road project to steal money by inflating the contract 3 times its actual cost. Hitech, which is Tinubu's construction firm will get a lion's share. They will now win gullible souls to vote them in 2027 again by pointing to the road project which will cut across many regions where they have low support as part of their achievement. If you fall for it, na you sabi
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Fearyourcreator: 8:40am On Apr 29
Glitcher:
The rest are benefitting their own wealth. Its like a group of 6 children five eats their own then they all start to also eat the food of the 6th child.
So oil just fly comot from ground cus I no understand... No be one money them take do the whole process before oil comot ni ... And still them dey collect most ... So Wetin them want again?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Winnin009: 8:48am On Apr 29
agabusta:

Roads are investments and an anchor for development. Nothing stops the FG from creating new road corridors. Most especially an economically viable one like the coastal road that will connect the biggest refinery.

Indeed nothing stops the government from building new roads. It’s always a welcomed development.

But let me ask you this; try to be unbiased with your reply and you don’t have to reply me but be honest with yourself: I have six kids. All six are out of school, three are critically ill and the other three, are not ill but severely malnourished. God blesses me and I make some lil money. Next thing you see; my wife is pregnant with a seventh child while I already have six that need urgent attention.

What will you call me?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 8:52am On Apr 29
agabusta:

But Lagos in partnership with others just built a new airport.

Is anyone stopping the other people??

Ibaka deepsea port why is it that FG has refused to approve?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Khyrvxjzy: 8:55am On Apr 29
Trendy247:
All I know is that this road will never get to calabar sad

i see lot of south south happy for this road on Facebook

only igbo hate it
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 8:55am On Apr 29
agabusta:

You are a joker. China that is building uninhabited cities planned for the future.
Massive road and bridge constructions into places they want to stimulate economic activities.

Only this one here, people are already crying and introducing tribal sentiments. Yet, you are trying to gaslight China into the matter deceitfully.

You are the one that doesn't have sense. These guys have done their projections into the future making room for expansion into those uninhabited cities. even Morocco is doing the same. In Nigeria's case no one is crying here due to tribalistic sentiments, it is selfishness of the people in power to still keep people leaning towards Lagos instead of opening up everywhere. We have ports littered all over SS why can't the FG expand them to the capacity of Tincan and Apapa? why not fix or create roads that link from the hinterland to those ports littered all over the south. My friend you are not only a joker but a senseless person.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 8:56am On Apr 29
Basic123:

You intelligence and brain is too rudimentary to connect analogical dots!

Taaa shut up that stinking mouth of yours. You don't have sense naturally
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Khyrvxjzy: 8:56am On Apr 29
Tealcrestmedia:
Why wasn't same realignment solution applied to landmark beach?

not same road

they will build fly over to connect it

shey you understand?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 8:57am On Apr 29
Basic123:

1.shippers determine where to route their goods
2.lets assume its true.what did your sons and daughters GEJ,OKONJO IWEALA ,ROTIMI AMAECHI ,IKE EKWERAMADU,ANYIM PIUS ANYIM,ALDOPHUS WABARA,KEN NNAMANI, etc do about that?...or its just BUHARI,TINUBU,HAUSA and FULANIS as usual
What did PDP you worshipped for 20years do about that?LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT with TOLAREM built LEKKI DEEP SEA PORT,WHAT DID YOUR USELESS OVERHYPED PDP GOVERNORS DO ABOUT IT?

i get am before no be property, the president we have now should do the right thing and ensure that the ports in the south are revamped and expanded so that shippers can route goods to these places. Try and be sensible and stop yapping rubbish.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 8:58am On Apr 29
femicyrus:

The real fool is the one whose campaign strategy is to insult his candidate's potential voters

so who is the one with that campaign strategy? please tell us. Oga go and change your weed supplier, he is clearly supplying you bitterleaf instead of weed.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Riskymarvelous(m): 8:58am On Apr 29
When e reach my own time I will do my own road from Nigeria to India
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 8:59am On Apr 29
Appletek:

Your mother is the foolish one.

As so is your mother.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by casualobserver: 8:59am On Apr 29
Glitcher:
FG should also build functional seaports in the Niger delta. With all the wealth the oil producing communities have contributed to the nation there is still very little the government has given back to them. No good schools, no drinking water, roads or good sources of income.

They are doing that. Warri port is being expanded and upgraded.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Basic123: 9:02am On Apr 29
Believeintruth:

i get am before no be property, the president we have now should do the right thing and ensure that the ports in the south are revamped and expanded so that shippers can route goods to these places. Try and be sensible and stop yapping rubbish.
Na to dry shift goal post your empty brain fit do!
Those ports and refineries are attracting attentions already but you blind eyes no fit see because of the cheap political points you want to score.

Thank God your realize that your stupid sons and daughters including you are part of you people problems
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Tealcrestmedia(m): 9:03am On Apr 29
Khyrvxjzy:

not same road

they will build fly over to connect it

shey you understand?

Yea, got it.

However for that cost, they could have been more creative with the way the moved through built up areas.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by casualobserver: 9:03am On Apr 29
Dpharisee:
Existing inter state highways across the country in very bad shape causing fatal accidents and incidences of robbery but we should be focused on a coastal road that will not be finished in the next 20 years awarded to cronies without competitive bidding for N15T.
Continue!

Common sense used to be attributed to Igbos on this forum now it has been changed to Obidients, how many fatal accidents use to make FP on Nairaland every week due to bad roads, because E never reach you doesn't mean that all is well, we can start with a national interstate roads emergency worth N15T and after we achieve that we focus on a long-term coastal road, how's that difficult?

It shows how ignorant many of you are. Government is fixing existing roads with government money. At the same time they are building new roads like Lagos Calabar, sokoto Calabar by allowing private capital to build those roads. What the govt is putting down towards the Lagos-Calabar road is only a fraction of the cost. The. Rest of the money will be financed by private capital and they will recoup their money through tolls. That leaves the govt to use. Existing funds to fix existing roads.

It’s not one or the other. It is fixing existing while also constructing new roads.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Believeintruth: 9:04am On Apr 29
Basic123:

Na to dry shift goal post your empty brain fit do!
Those ports and refineries are attracting attentions already but you blind eyes no fit see because of the cheap political points you want to score.

Thank God your realize that your stupid sons and daughters including you are part of you people problems

Oga stop being daft. The issue here is we have not seen any attention drawn to those ports. Calabar port has not lifted cargo in 25 years. stop all these lies. As for the refineries how many times have we heard about PH refinery coming live and all na audio? Please try and have some sense abeg.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by abuhusna1: 9:06am On Apr 29
sagitariusbaby:
Everything about this road is in favour of Lagos state which isn't bad but Tinubu must make sure he sees to the end of the project or else no subsequent government will ever go near it as it will be a major abandoned project.
Nigeria started and ended in Lagos
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Khyrvxjzy: 9:11am On Apr 29
Tealcrestmedia:

Yea, got it.

However for that cost, they could have been more creative with the way the moved through built up areas.

actually that destruction about landmark pain me, those people saying the hotel is still there na, they dont know that people like that hotel because of the beach so in essence the whole business is gone, my sympathy to landmark, but if landmark have patience that road after fully construction will be good for real estate and hotel

now back to dangote, let ask questions if its that area that dangote built his refinery, will government demolish it, the truth is no. they will realign... dangote is big.... that is why you have to be big or be on the side of the law and give 250meters to government initially
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by Everlastingson: 9:11am On Apr 29
Fraudsters and misplaced priority. They're adept at devising crooked means to loot. The existing road network in Nigeria are terrible and you're here talking about over #20Trillion to build an unnecessary and fraudulent coastal highway. Onitsha to Lagos by road takes about 14 hours due to terrible state of the road . You've not made that road accessible and you want to start a new coastal highway.

They're now even talking about Sokoto to Badagry "Coastal" Highway. In all their dealings they work hard to sideline the East. Till today they're blind to the fact that without the East they're going no wither. Nigeria can never move forward as long as there is a calculated effort to undermine the East. The Igbo has not ruled since 1967. But how has Nigeria fared since then? Worse.The only time Nigeria made little advancement was when the Igbo, though they didn't rule, were involved in key areas of government. That was during OBJ and Jonathan's administrations.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by occfx: 9:12am On Apr 29
jjcena:
One built a railway from his state to Niger Republic, this one is building a coastal road from his state to other coastal states. When it gets to my turn, I'll build a tunnel road from my state to China

I dey tell you... Nigeria na cruise
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by firearcher: 9:15am On Apr 29
Believeintruth:

Once again understand that it is FG's responsibility to build roads and seaports not state governments.

Why should a State wait for the FG to come and do this first? They cannot partner with the FG to do this? Who eventually benefits the most, the state or the FG?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Realignment, Flyovers To Connect Lekki Port, Refinery by occfx: 9:16am On Apr 29
Glitcher:

This coastal road is to make it easy to syphon the oil and make them Lagos dependent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas / Cape Varde Tourist Info, / Airport Expansion: FG To Demolish Lagos Private Jet Terminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.