Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,834 members, 7,844,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar (12555 Views)

Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital / Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ / Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by fitinwell: 8:29am On May 14
cjrane:
Nothing we can do now. We have to go through this storm and naira will finally stabilize at some point.

What we are observing are the fruits of mindless borrowing and printing of money that was the hallmark of Buhari's regime. Unfortunately, these things take time to manifest and Tinubu is the unlucky guy in power when the effects of those economic crimes by Buhari are now manifesting.

No dey bobo .. us with your excessive excuses for these government errors...

We are damn tired...

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Jagabanarmy: 8:29am On May 14
Bobloco:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/13/naira-slumps-exchanges-at-over-n1500-against-dollar/
Two fatal economic mistakes made by this administration were subsidy remover and floating of the naira. This is the basic truth and it is the hand work of incompetent economic advisers around my president. I have three fast solutions to these problems

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Eriokanmi: 8:29am On May 14
Joey4321:
You guys need to apologize to madam Aisha Yesufu
Their arrogance won't let them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by tiswell(m): 8:29am On May 14
Nigerians should excercise a little patience,cos Peter Obi will rescue the situation come 2027

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Xox1945(m): 8:30am On May 14
Tinubu will be the worst president in the history of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by udemzyudex(m): 8:30am On May 14
Omo see wetin crypto P2P guys dey cause now. grin

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Eriokanmi: 8:30am On May 14
cjrane:
Nothing we can do now. We have to go through this storm and naira will finally stabilize at some point.

What we are observing are the fruits of mindless borrowing and printing of money that was the hallmark of Buhari's regime. Unfortunately, these things take time to manifest and Tinubu is the unlucky guy in power when the effects of those economic crimes by Buhari are now manifesting.
Stop spreading fake information. Tinubu's policies caused it. Despite Buhari's borrowing, he still met it at 702/1usd at the black market. Tinubu should fix the mess he caused. If you don't have anything sensible to say, just stop.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:30am On May 14
cjrane:

Yen yen yen ......you that went believing a man that brought BUHARI into power is more gullible than Buhari himself....

Buhari is not to be blamed , he tried as a President with his character and the character of his tribe....

The people to be blamed are these same people that joined hands to support him to be President, when they know he has nothing to offer but just for him to make way for them to be President....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Kingray10: 8:31am On May 14
I remember when someone said, the dollar being down, won't last long, bc of the approach that was used to bring it down.
Now here we are again, at the Bermuda triangle.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Flame333: 8:31am On May 14
Joey4321:

I need more words of encouragement from His supporters..

Five stars for the Chicago President

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by ahmedio2017(m): 8:31am On May 14
cjrane:

Oga what exactly is your problem ?
Is buhari that is still ruling us? Or was he the one that is ruling since Nigeria got her independent? Is buhari that floated naira? I pity your condition. You are as gulible as your clueless presido

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by nonhuman(m): 8:32am On May 14
cjrane:

you sound very foolish, let t umbu come and tell us this himself, he knew all buhari did which he supported by proxy and went ahead to rig election to be president when he knows he don't have it takes to lead and every sane Nigerian knows he is brain dead

4 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Omenapounds: 8:32am On May 14
Interesting
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by TheBillyonaire: 8:34am On May 14
Ban BDC eternally and see the National Economy improve.

Or Keep feeding tribal economic machines and see your legacy erode before your eyes, Mr. Tinubu
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Omenapounds: 8:34am On May 14
If dollar hits 1900 like it did last time, with this increase in the price of fuel, then inflation rate as never seen before will stare Nigerians in the face

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Curious345: 8:34am On May 14
I have not been able to buy a new phone since this dollar slump. Phone I'm using currently, I bought for almost 400k. The upgraded version of this Oppo is now almost ₦1m+..

How can I splash ₦1m on a phone ? How!

This is my longest tenure of using a particular phone . Dec 2022 up until now , and I can't change to another phone 📱

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by ShootThemAll(m): 8:35am On May 14
Where is Reno Omokri? Please come and give your gibberish stomach infrastructure analysis 🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:35am On May 14
Where is Ndaboski, I thought he is back to use his powers to make the Naira appreciate?

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by phorget(m): 8:35am On May 14
Donaldoni:
With full local production of petroleum products, this won't matter anymore.

Some months ago, the price of diesel was NGN1,700 per liter with similar exchange rate.

Today it has remained NGN1,100 or thereabout.

With CNG usage and local PMS production underway, better days are ahead. smiley

FG does not care about the dollar again.

Piiigggs can continue to grunt in vain wild ecstasy cheesy FG is smarter. cheesy

So at 1,100naira per liter of diesel is still reasonable to you. Una just too mumu for this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by AdisaOwala: 8:36am On May 14
Curious345:
I have not been able to buy a new phone since this dollar slump. Phone I sure currently I bought for almost 400k. The upgraded version of this Oppo is now almost 1m..

How can I spapah 1m on a phone ? How

Which language is this?

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 8:36am On May 14
Donaldoni:

Some months ago, the price of diesel was NGN1,700 per liter with similar exchange rate.

Piiigggs can continue to grunt in vain wild ecstasy cheesy FG is smarter. cheesy

Na so Manna take delude himself for eight years that time.

Day just dey break.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Mosdiii(m): 8:36am On May 14
Naira just dey rinse and fall like Bitcoin....
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Curious345: 8:37am On May 14
AdisaOwala:

Which language is this?
typos have been corrected
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by sammirano2: 8:37am On May 14
I told people to buy at 1k
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by appini: 8:40am On May 14
Those that bought dollars to keep when it crashed to 900 naira are all smiling now. 😃

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by ClearFlair: 8:41am On May 14
cjrane:

Like Buhari and Tinubu are not APC leaders

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Angelfrost(m): 8:41am On May 14
The forces of demand and supply... Since lots of subsidy are no longer paid to prop it, it will collapse without high demands.

Without industrialization, diminished imports, and enhanced exportation, this demand for Naira will never happen.
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by SSpeter(m): 8:47am On May 14
Donaldoni:

Dullardo

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Zeebuy: 8:51am On May 14
cjrane:

Yet when Buhari (who was foisted on us by tinubu) was in power and we shouted over his borrowings, you clowns called us haters.

Same tinubu is following in his footway now, and lots are trying your best to exonerate him.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by clusay(m): 8:52am On May 14

What we are observing are the fruits of mindless borrowing and printing of money that was the hallmark of Buhari's regime. Unfortunately, these things take time to manifest and Tinubu is the unlucky guy in power when the effects of those economic crimes by Buhari are now manifesting. [/b][/quote]

Please what are you saying. Now na to dey blame buhari. Haba make una dey get shame abeg

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Akwaokukuo: 8:52am On May 14
Curious345:
I have not been able to buy a new phone since this dollar slump. Phone I'm using currently, I bought for almost 400k. The upgraded version of this Oppo is now almost ₦1m+..

How can I splash ₦1m on a phone ? How!

This is my longest tenure of using a particular phone . Dec 2022 up until now , and I can't change to another phone 📱
You guys just dey worry unaself unnecessarily. Why do you want to buy a new phone when the one you are using is still serving you well?
You bought your phone in December 2022 and you are already planning to change it in May 2024 when the Samsung S9 I bought since December 2019 is what I am still using till now and don't even hope to change it anytime soon unless it spoils.
It still looks like brand new, doesn't hang and serves all functions. Why should I change it?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by bizzibodi(m): 8:53am On May 14
They way buari government depleted our foreign reserve with nothing to show for it, with mounting foriegn & domestic d foreign debts,d foreign debt OBJ cleared to zero.
Now a blind bat took us to point of no return.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Young Entrepreneur Punch Newspaper Interview. / How To Start Up A Tutorial Centre And Start Making Millions Of Naira / Cash-Less Economy: How Will It Affect You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.