Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,759 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar (12568 Views)

Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital / Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ / Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by smyo(m): 8:54am On May 14
tiswell:
Nigerians should excercise a little patience,cos Peter Obi will rescue the situation come 2027
Which Peter Obi, do you think Bulaba will not rig him self back, you are joking

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Azazyel: 8:55am On May 14
I thought they said cryptocurrency is 9ja's problem. They banned crypto transactions yet naira is having a free fall. Mumu people. Make I go continue my crypto biz jare smiley
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by searchlight: 8:55am On May 14
cjrane:
Nothing we can do now. We have to go through this storm and naira will finally stabilize at some point.

What we are observing are the fruits of mindless borrowing and printing of money that was the hallmark of Buhari's regime. Unfortunately, these things take time to manifest and Tinubu is the unlucky guy in power when the effects of those economic crimes by Buhari are now manifesting.
Was Tinubu aware that Buhari was printing money? When did he condemn it? Tinubu and Buhari failed for 8 years and Tinubu is still failing and will probably failed for another 8 years if he manages to get reelected.

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Everlastingson: 8:56am On May 14
cjrane:
Nothing we can do now. We have to go through this storm and naira will finally stabilize at some point.

What we are observing are the fruits of mindless borrowing and printing of money that was the hallmark of Buhari's regime. Unfortunately, these things take time to manifest and Tinubu is the unlucky guy in power when the effects of those economic crimes by Buhari are now manifesting.

You must be a Bateria to make this sort of nonsense, wishful thinking post. You just think Naira "will stabilize by itself at some point". Buhari's " mindless borrowing and printing of money". Is Tinubu not borrowing and printing money as well? If Tinubu is"continuing from where Buhari stopped", and is even doing worse, how then do you hope Naira "will stabilize by itself"?
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Azazyel: 8:58am On May 14
smyo:

Which Peter Obi, do you think Bulaba will not rig him self back, you are joking

Rig ke? You can only rig successfully when majority of Nigeria is behind you.
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Amayabor1: 9:01am On May 14
cjrane:

Please keep quite. Was Tinubu not encouraging Buhari as president to print more money?
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by zeyt: 9:01am On May 14
cjrane:

Insatiable demand for Dollar( foreign luxury, leisure travels, medical treatment, prestigious school etc) coupled with unproductive money ( proceeds of bribe,corruption,ransom,gambling,hoarding,theft,fraud) getting the Dollar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Smartcitizen: 9:03am On May 14
cjrane:

Sincerely speaking, you are a big FOOL.

Your education is useless with this nonsense you have written here.

I'm sorry if I offended you but one need to tell you the truth at some point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by KanoSeller: 9:12am On May 14
appini:
Those that bought dollars to keep when it crashed to 900 naira are all smiling now. 😃
This is enough to make Naira crash.
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by ZaddyJ: 9:13am On May 14
cjrane:

What if we start producing or our government encourages us to export our produce to grow naira like china did many yrs ago to strengthen the yen

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by abibun: 9:16am On May 14
Who is going to have the last laugh now between FG, their evil supported and the tv station that predicted 1 dollar will be #2000

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Capernum: 9:18am On May 14
cjrane:

Just keep shut baba. Your response is not wise. Almost a year is enough to stabilize the currency. Stop shifting blames backward. Tinubu had failed even never starting. Deal with that! I am not an Obidient but I hate nonsense comments.

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by MT: 9:22am On May 14
Dottore:
What were you expecting. I've always said that whatever that was done to bring down dollar rate last month was a temporary relief. The first thing to be done is for Nigeria to decouple from USD

How do you decouple from USD when Nigeria is not producing.

I will love to hear your perspective though.
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by uncleu01: 9:23am On May 14
Sometimes I wonder if you people have shame at all. The same borrowing you are condemning from Buhari is what Tinubu is doing
quote author=cjrane post=129940497]Nothing we can do now. We have to go through this storm and naira will finally stabilize at some point.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by proxillin(m): 9:26am On May 14
Donaldoni:
With full local production of petroleum products, this won't matter anymore.

Some months ago, the price of diesel was NGN1,700 per liter with similar exchange rate.

Today it has remained NGN1,100 or thereabout.

With CNG usage and local PMS production underway, better days are ahead. smiley

FG does not care about the dollar again.

Piiigggs can continue to grunt in vain wild ecstasy cheesy FG is smarter. cheesy

NO SERIOUSLY.

This is tribe issue to you...are we still doing this as a nation?

So manufacturers importing raw materials from abroad should close down their companies because the government and tribal people don't care about exchange rate again?

so many nigerians should go jobless because of tribe and religion?

what is wrong with us?

NLG CNG? Na that we go chop? how has oil helped anyone in this country?

we should abandon our manufacturing capabilities and just focus on oil?

Omasheooo...satan lives in the brain of some of people

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by gigfx: 9:27am On May 14
Jagabanarmy:
Two fatal economic mistakes made by this administration were subsidy remover and floating of the naira. This is the basic truth and it is the hand work of incompetent economic advisers around my president. I have three fast solutions to these problems

Actually it is not a mistake, it is just a lazy way of doing things. They want to be able to qualify for IMF or World bank loans. The loans they will eventually LOOT.

So, any policies dish out by those bodies they are ready to obey like MUMU them be as long as the policies don't affect them and their family.

All aspect of their own live is being subsidies by Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Bwilliam(m): 9:34am On May 14
cjrane:

Arrant nonsense. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are paid to come on here and regurgitate whatever nonsense you've been feeding on

Talking like Tinubu is not from the same party - Arewa people's congress.
Who sold Buhari to the Nigerian populace during the campaign?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Father4all: 9:40am On May 14
Tinubu supporters. Where are you guys

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by KaptainAfrika: 9:45am On May 14
I told you guys hold ya dollarssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Diligence: 9:45am On May 14
Let's bell the cat:

1. Those loans whey una dey collect get conditions!
2. According to Aisha Yesufu: Keep your USDollars close!
3. Wetin una dey produce!
4. Una still dey print money?
5. Trial & error can't be sustained
6. Shebi una still close borders, abi?
7. Shebi even neighbouring countries prefer other currencies to Naira?
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Easybet1(m): 9:47am On May 14
Curious345:
I have not been able to buy a new phone since this dollar slump. Phone I'm using currently, I bought for almost 400k. The upgraded version of this Oppo is now almost ₦1m+..

How can I splash ₦1m on a phone ? How!

This is my longest tenure of using a particular phone . Dec 2022 up until now , and I can't change to another phone 📱
This is the reason to always go for phone that have higher resale value. If this is a phone like iPhone or Samsung, you should be able to sell the phone for 2x price you bought it. But Oppo, nobody will buy second hand for more than 150k to 200k
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Electrochemistry(m): 9:50am On May 14
grin grin grin grin grin
Aremwayne:
If you complain about the dead government you’d be tagged ipob, let’s sit back and watch them suffer for voting in their Messiah.
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Yankee101: 9:57am On May 14
It reached 1900
That’s its new target
If you know the history of Nigerian fx once it gets there it will go there again

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:01am On May 14
Greatday8:

Walai thunder supposed fire u
leave the b@stard

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Bimpe29: 10:04am On May 14
What is happening to our Naira? Your answer is as good as mine.
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Fujiyama: 10:04am On May 14
cjrane:
Unfortunately, these things take time to manifest and Tinubu is the unlucky guy in power when the effects of those economic crimes by Buhari are now manifesting.

^^^
You sound as if BAT is an unfortunate bystander hit by stray bullets during a police - armed robbers shootout. undecided

BAT is not a victim. He was with Buhari from "top to bottom" as they often said during last year's APC campaign rallies. Both men enabled each others worst excesses and they continue to do so till today.

In a serious country there would have been serious repercussions for Buhari in 2019 and the APC should have been kicked out into the cold that year. But Nigerians are not serious people - and so BAT is in the saddle today.

BAT is not some "unlucky guy in power". By God he isn't!

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by teebaxy(m): 10:13am On May 14
Lorddominic:
...and Aisha Yesufu advised us to keep our dollars few months ago while our foolish and useless children of corn like Helinues were busy dishing out threats to her

https://www.nairaland.com/8063636/keep-dollars-closer-aisha-yesufu#129473149
She advise , you and your family have taken her advice seriously.., what next ? Why the yabbing ?
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Omini247: 10:20am On May 14
No be small slump
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Ebeano49(m): 10:38am On May 14
Like play like play the man wey build Lagos don scatter Nigeria o grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Blitzking: 10:38am On May 14
Going to nose dive more..the season whn boiz and babes migrate for studies abroad is approaching come June July August.

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Curious345: 11:14am On May 14
But Oppo is better than iPhone and samsung combined .I can tell this based on experience
Easybet1:
This is the reason to always go for phone that have higher resale value. If this is a phone like iPhone or Samsung, you should be able to sell the phone for 2x price you bought it. But Oppo, nobody will buy second hand for more than 150k to 200k
Re: Naira Slumps, Exchanges At Over ₦‎1,500 Against Dollar by Olichoke: 11:16am On May 14
Who do we blame now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Ways You Can Make Money With A Drone / CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market / How Much Do I Need To Start Up A Beer Parlour Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.