Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,314 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi (13804 Views)

‘Happy Birthday To My Incorruptible GMB’ – Aisha Buhari Calls Husband ‘General’ / Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper / Who Can Point To One Single Beneficiary Of Jonathan's SURE-P Scheme - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:08pm On May 14
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 general election, Mr Peter Obi, said he was the highest beneficiary of the judiciary in the country when there were incorruptible judges.

Obi stated this during Justice Anthony Aniagolu’s Memorial Lecture, organised by the family and hosted by Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu, on Tuesday.

Delivering a lecture on the topic “The Judiciary and the Future of Nigeria,” Obi said he won the election in Anambra State while another candidate was declared the winner and he approached the court for justice.

I spent three years in court and it was given to me, and after a few months, I was impeached but the judiciary restored me to power. After one year in office, they conducted another election and elected another person.

But I went to the Supreme Court, where judges, with respect for the rule of law, reinstated me to complete my tenure.

All these things happened because there were incorruptible and independent judges,” he said.

The former Anambra governor, who noted that such jurists were hard to find in present-day Nigeria, said: “Our judiciary is weak and compromised by the executive and highest bidder.”

According to him: “The future of our society is compromised because the independence of the judiciary has been destroyed.

“We need a strong judiciary to fight criminality. The rule of law is the foundation on which any society survives and develops and the only thing that makes it sacrosanct is the independence of the judiciary. And it is a strong judiciary that makes businesses, investments and democracy thrive.”

He pointed out that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, was not the problem of Nigeria but the judiciary, whom those denied their rights approached but ended up being disappointed.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/14/i-was-the-highest-beneficiary-of-incorruptible-judiciary-peter-obi/

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by LadyExcellency: 8:12pm On May 14
Nigeria is finished. No more real justices with a conscience. Every judgment involving politics is adjudicated on technicalities

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by slivertongue: 8:14pm On May 14
he was the highest beneficiary of the judiciary in the country when there were incorruptible judges.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by PlasmaTV: 8:14pm On May 14
Some people will soon come and CRY. At the mention of Peter Obi, demons will always manifest themselves.

163 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by slivertongue: 8:15pm On May 14
such jurists were hard to find in present-day Nigeria, said: “Our judiciary is weak and compromised by the executive and highest bidder.”

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by givedemwotowoto: 8:22pm On May 14
Before Tinubu happened!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Wainey: 8:23pm On May 14
This man believes he won 2023 electionwith no evidence but only got his source from TrustMe.com

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 8:55pm On May 14
Obi keep pressing the necks of the structures of criminality

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 8:57pm On May 14
He won the election by a wide margin
Wainey:
This man believes he won 2023 electionwith no evidence but only got his source from TrustMe.com

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Wainey: 9:01pm On May 14
DMerciful:
He won the election by a wide margin
I believe he won too but cant present it in court. grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by anonymous1759(m): 9:09pm On May 14
Incorruptible when you win corruptible when you loose. Why is Bitter Obi campaigning in the north if he actually won there. Why is he not campaigning in SE/SW why North ? Only gullible fall for that cheap SCAM.
Gumi was an acclaimed Terrorist until he met PITOBI and turned to a saint .

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by fuckJones(f): 9:22pm On May 14
supreme court governor

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by opamoses1: 9:29pm On May 14
Gbajue master. But you are already frolicking with Atiku, Saraki, and Lamido...same corrupt structure of criminality.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by SoNature(m): 9:42pm On May 14
The most disgusting thing about this good-for-nothing party in power is that their miscreants have made Nigerians believe that what we are currently going through is the best leadership we can get. Nobody cares about performance! They just want to remain in power and destroy the country! Who cursed these people? 🤔

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 9:53pm On May 14
The court was compromised
Wainey:
I believe he won too but cant present it in court. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Wainey: 9:59pm On May 14
DMerciful:
The court was compromised
lolz we all followed the case, Obi couldnt provide one evidence that he won.
Atiku in 2019 had a better chance of winning his court case than Obi does in 2023

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 10:07pm On May 14
Obi was not the only one that went to court. Atiku also went. How did his case go?
Wainey:
lolz we all followed the case, Obi couldnt provide one evidence that he won.
Atiku in 2019 had a better chance of winning his court case than Obi does in 2023

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Dcaliphate(m): 10:09pm On May 14
Unfortunately we don't have that anymore

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by bigdammyj: 10:09pm On May 14
Noted.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Melagros(m): 10:09pm On May 14
COMRADES I agree with Peter Obi on his take on the judiciary
His commendation on the judiciary means that was when the judiciary was fair or independent

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by ClearFlair: 10:10pm On May 14
You just have to love Peter Obi. He is head and shoulders above many people's favourites. That why they can never stop wailing... because he will always be above

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Eriokanmi: 10:10pm On May 14
100%, 100%

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by TylerPerry: 10:10pm On May 14
Before you lash out at him jokers, try and comprehend him o.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:10pm On May 14
Being a Tinubu supporter is a yardstick to identify condemned and irredeemable idiots!!!

15 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:12pm On May 14
Wainey:

Says a cheap stipend collector living in a one room apartment in Oshogbo. Ekperima!!!

17 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Coldspice: 10:12pm On May 14
The same judiciary that his dogs are now insulting.

No wahala

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Coldspice: 10:12pm On May 14
ThiefnubuBandit:

Ekperima

Dan iska

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by tiswell(m): 10:13pm On May 14
I'm a witness,my presidio!

Go Peter!!!

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Was The Highest Beneficiary Of Incorruptible Judiciary’ – Peter Obi by Riosystem: 10:13pm On May 14
It will take a while before we can get it right with our judiciary system.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation / APC Panel Recommends Cancellation Of Ondo Primary Result / Voting APC Is Inviting Killer Herdsmen To Ekiti – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.