Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,696 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? (15776 Views)

Is This A Career Red Flag? / Job Seekers, Is This A Red Flag? Kidnappers Alert! / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by ebubeson: 1:33pm On May 17
A
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by FaithfulGod2023: 1:35pm On May 17
I remember of my friends went for an interview somewhere in Lagos and they asked them to contribute money for photocopies...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by IPDGP: 1:35pm On May 17
Owing me 4months and boss telling me na because he has a plan for me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Skillsnigeria: 1:35pm On May 17
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by OboOlora(f): 1:38pm On May 17
Na Emzor pharmaceuticals that year
Went for induction and na so so Ndubuisi, Chima, Chukwudi I de see, not one single Yoruba or non-Igbo
Omo, I ran that first week o
Very tribalistic company!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Bongadu: 1:41pm On May 17
If there are indian men in that company , I'll japa away from that shitty company

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by ejire042(m): 1:41pm On May 17
Nazgul:
Companies that are always employing people all year round. If they treat their staffs well by paying them well and giving them bonus welfare packages, they'll hardly have any vacancy cos no one would ever dream of leaving. Any staff who resigns would do so cos he/she is relocating abroad.

My company.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Chachamiliano: 1:45pm On May 17
When you get to any organization, and you do not see cars please run

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by MrTuns: 1:46pm On May 17
I was answering the interviewers' questions. At some point, because of how good I was doing, the interviewer was amazed. He then proceeded to ask me if I was searching for the answer to his questions on google or whether I was using AI. I stopped picking the recruiter's calls after that.

1 Like

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by papyjaypaul: 1:46pm On May 17
If the boss is too bossy, you will have a hard time because that is the person who will determine your future and mental health. You will have constant communication with this person. If you cannot relate with them, as a person, you will have trouble. There must be respect for the position but if they treat you like trash, your life will remain trash while they're there. YOUR only compensation will be salary, the rest will be tom and Jerry. Pay attention to the interview with your line manager, interview that person more than they interview you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by DaddyRochie1642: 1:52pm On May 17
CountinBlessins:
One man business . If you like yourself,no matter if that one man is a billionaire run!!

You are better off as a clerk I'm structured organization than a GM in a one man business.

There is a reason why one man businesses fail eventually.
No matter the salary run far from working for one man businesses

Thank me later

Fúck you and your opinions, fúck your thoughts too.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Enceladus(m): 1:52pm On May 17
"We are like a family here". Run o grin

3 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by tochez24(m): 1:54pm On May 17
helinues:
I never applied for one . Never been a fan of working for anyone

You don't keep what God has done for you bro💙💙

It's only reasonable and to an extent rewarding to work for a white man, but for a black man? Nahhh i will pass!!!

The Black race is NEXT to the devil⚠️

1 Like

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Gbajabiamila1: 1:57pm On May 17
If they use gmail or yahoomail to receive your application.

3 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Meti99(m): 2:04pm On May 17
id4sho:
# one man company
# we are family na
#Job without specific roles, naso pesin go begin wash toilet, mopping, errands, baby sitting.
#Companies that recruit steadily
#Co workers warning you
#salary delay
#Toxic Boss
#No public holiday, annual leave, specified working hours
#illiterate as Boss (Japaaaaa oOoOO)
# we like young agile abled Men ( labourer work loading, taking care of animals)
#Staffs acting like zombies (na beatings you go collect)
#You go and greet CEO in the office during your shift ( sope otilo)
#washing of CEO car
😅
Omo, your eyes don see for this Nigeria o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Whynow(m): 2:04pm On May 17
Wasn't really a declination, but like prelim stage interview

Had a video call interview once. The recruiter appeared to be talking to someone as he kept turning to look back.
I even had to pause, because I kept loosing my trail of thoughts.

After the interview, I enquired about the company values, as they weren't stated on the website. Then he began, highlighting them and mentioned respect as one of them.
I got him there! I told him right away, "You obviously didn't display that."

He started blabbing , no he was this that... I schooled him on core values

I think he realised that this guy clearly had values (2005 grad, worked for many multinationals, currently MD/CEO of a company).
................and I am of the opinion that he tried to save himself from embarrassment, and that was why I didn't hear from the company. I really schooled him !

Looked him up on LinkedIn, and saw he studied chemical engineering (2017 grad) and was doing recruiting.

Clearly not a company I would love to work for.

Funny, its a very popular company covering Nigeria, Kenya and Egypt

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Josbreed: 2:12pm On May 17
Ithream:
Whatever you do don’t work for a Nigerian Company
So you mean I should not work with Glo, NASCO, Flour Mill, Dangote, BUA, Olam etc?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Lifemanage: 2:14pm On May 17
Ithream:
Whatever you do don’t work for a Nigerian Company
Bad advice. Some are good

5 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Hoily: 2:16pm On May 17
helinues:
Can you please drop tips on how to be self employed 🙏🏽
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by helinues: 2:22pm On May 17
Hoily:

Education is another form of modern slavery.

Why should one needs to get degree, master, P.hd, Doctorate, NNPC while wasting so many years achieving that and still end up working for those who created the education system. There is no even certainty of jobs after wasted so many years collecting papers all in the name of certificate

The moment you can agree with that concept, your perceptions about things will change.

I wrote something about it like a month ago or so

https://www.nairaland.com/8038722/current-education-system-modern-day

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Malroux: 2:24pm On May 17
helinues:

Why should one needs to get degree, master, P.hd, Doctorate, NNPC while wasting so many years achieving that and still end up working for those who created the education system. There is no even certainty of jobs after wasted so many years collecting papers all in the name of certificate

The moment you can agree with that concept, your perceptions about things will change.
Where do you work at?
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Whynow(m): 2:24pm On May 17
What do you love doing ? Passion ?
What are your strengths ? weaknesses ?
Are you able to learn /explore new ways of doing things ?
Are you people friendly / sales ?

Largely , it starts with you, even before thinking of what and how !

There are a lot of things to do .
- Keeping it simple;
- capital,
- place/ location (market intelligence) ,
- competitive strategy / price (you are not always the first)

Start with these tips

Hoily:

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Malroux: 2:26pm On May 17
helinues:
What do you do for a living?

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by 72virginGATEWAY: 2:26pm On May 17
helinues:

I wrote something about it like a month ago or so

https://www.nairaland.com/8038722/current-education-system-modern-day

Stop stealing from public shops

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Malroux: 2:29pm On May 17
helinues:

True, I remember you are the secretary who attended to me that day
How much were you paid?

3 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Mikefrik(m): 2:30pm On May 17
We are like a team here. You see that word? Run if you hear am.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Alwayshungry: 2:32pm On May 17
Always look at quality of shoes the workers are wearing..

6 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by AgentGoat: 2:32pm On May 17
Twoclans:
We are like a family

Loriro. RUN.

I hate that statement eh.

5 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by tctrills: 2:42pm On May 17
CountinBlessins:
One man business . If you like yourself,no matter if that one man is a billionaire run!!

You are better off as a clerk I'm structured organization than a GM in a one man business.

There is a reason why one man businesses fail eventually.
No matter the salary run far from working for one man businesses

Thank me later
If everyone one takes your advice, where will they get the skill, Proficiency and experience to grow?
My first job was for a very bad company, a dying one man business. But it was the experience and exposure I obtained from it that landed me my second job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Everlastingson: 2:50pm On May 17
OboOlora:
Na Emzor pharmaceuticals that year
Went for induction and na so so Ndubuisi, Chima, Chukwudi I de see, not one single Yoruba or non-Igbo
Omo, I ran that first week o
Very tribalistic company!

No. You're the tribalistic one here. Your tribal mindset is your problem. You're a child. So you went for induction and already know there are only Igbo people there? If they don't employ other tribes how did you make it to the stage of induction? Mtcheew!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by YouAreNobody: 2:56pm On May 17
helinues:
Nobody will employ a professional asslicker nau, it's not something you can put on a CV

5 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by sunnymighty(m): 3:00pm On May 17
Alwayshungry:
Always look at quality of shoes the workers are wearing..

A wrong perception bro.You don't judge a book by its cover. I bought my Car were I am working at present. It is at home because of the bad road and I don't dress to.'kill' because of the nature of my work.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba / Best Hand Work To Learn As A Guy? / Airtel Call Center Vacancies.........anyone With Info Pls,its Really Urgent?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.