Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,549 members, 7,847,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? (15603 Views)

Is This A Career Red Flag? / Job Seekers, Is This A Red Flag? Kidnappers Alert! / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by cigaricon(m): 3:01pm On May 17
In job description when I see "ability to work well under pressure" that's a big red flag for me cos why would anyone want an employee to work under pressure? How can one be 100% productive under pressure?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by gigabyte13: 3:09pm On May 17
Delayed/owned salaries
No off days
No weekend
No public holidays
Run oooooooooooo oooooooooooo

8 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by NuCypher: 3:11pm On May 17
For me, it was during an interview. I was interviewing for a role in the company before a panel of like 4 people. One of the persons was a little too aggressive with me. At some point, I went over time in answering a particular technical question, but quickly cut myself off once I realized it. That was towards the end of the interview. As we were saying our goodbyes, the aggressive lady made a very weird face and dropped off the call in the middle of my talking. Omo, it was at that point I realized this is not a place I want to work. At least this one person cannot even try to be professional in the discharge of their interview role and needed to bully a prospective employee. I knew right at that instant that I wasn't interested in the role anymore and wouldn't pursue it. Fortunately or unfortunately, they never reached out for a follow-up. Me sef, I was like, that's even better. Save me the stress. Months later, they sent me an email to say the role has opened up again and asked if I was interested in applying. I didn't even respond to their email. From the outside it looked like a nice place to work, but with my experience during that interview, it's not the place for me.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 3:28pm On May 17
-Create and maintain your own schedule
-Know your limits and enforce them
-Develop your work-life balance
-Invest in the right tools
-Prioritize budget planning
Hoily:

Can you please drop tips on how to be self employed 🙏🏽

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by 77up(m): 3:29pm On May 17
The first thing I always watch out for is other staff appearance. No matter how they try to push it, I will get it and that's it !

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 3:30pm On May 17
wink
tctrills:

If everyone one takes your advice, where will they get the skill, Proficiency and experience to grow?
My first job was for a very bad company, a dying one man business. But it was the experience and exposure I obtained from it that landed me my second job.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 3:31pm On May 17
shocked Did you buy it with your salary?
sunnymighty:

A wrong perception bro.You don't judge a book by its cover. I bought my Car were I am working at present. It is at home because of the bad road and I don't dress to.'kill' because of the nature of my work.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Daviestunech(m): 3:31pm On May 17
Usmanovic95:
If a woman is the boss,jah knows I'm rejecting the offer straight up.Too emotional creatures and too meticulous when handling issues.

My line manager a woman reported to my director ND that mumu self just sack me like that... since then I don learn my lesson ND never to accept any job having a woman as the manager
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 3:31pm On May 17
It keeps you on your toes
cigaricon:
In job description when I see "ability to work well under pressure" that's a big red flag for me cos why would anyone want an employee to work under pressure? How can one be 100% productive under pressure?
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 3:32pm On May 17
Daviestunech:

My line manager a woman reported to my director ND that mumu self just sack me like that... since then I don learn my lesson ND never to accept any job having a woman as the manager
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 3:33pm On May 17
I think I know the company, it is in Ikoyi, right?
NuCypher:
For me, it was during an interview. I was interviewing for a role in the company before a panel of like 4 people. One of the persons was a little too aggressive with me. At some point, I went over time in answering a particular technical question, but quickly cut myself off once I realized it. That was towards the end of the interview. As we were saying our goodbyes, the aggressive lady made a very weird face and dropped off the call in the middle of my talking. Omo, it was at that point I realized this is not a place I want to work. At least this one person cannot even try to be professional in the discharge of their interview role and needed to bully a prospective employee. I knew right at that instant that I wasn't interested in the role anymore and wouldn't pursue it. Fortunately or unfortunately, they never reached out for a follow-up. Me sef, I was like, that's even better. Save me the stress. Months later, they sent me an email to say the role has opened up again and asked if I was interested in applying. I didn't even respond to their email. From the outside it looked like a nice place to work, but with my experience during that interview, it's not the place for me.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Daviestunech(m): 3:38pm On May 17
NuCypher:

I have kind of experience this kind thing...nice edifice building but bad character of people working there

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by PeterObi4LP: 3:40pm On May 17
helinues:
I never applied for one . Never been a fan of working for anyone

You already have a job here on NL. Hence, looking for another job is wickedness when others don't have grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by CountinBlessins(m): 3:47pm On May 17
DaddyRochie1642:

Fúck you and your opinions, fúck your thoughts too.

Fūck you your daddy your mummy your siblings your pastor and your babe.

angry
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by adebowales: 4:05pm On May 17
[url][/url]
CountinBlessins:
One man business . If you like yourself,no matter if that one man is a billionaire run!!

You are better off as a clerk In structured organization than a GM in a one man business.

There is a reason why one man businesses fail eventually.
No matter the salary run far from working for one man businesses

Thank me later
don’t generalize, I run a one man business, my staffs are happy working for me
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Bigboytinz: 4:06pm On May 17
CountinBlessins:
One man business . If you like yourself,no matter if that one man is a billionaire run!!

You are better off as a clerk In structured organization than a GM in a one man business.

There is a reason why one man businesses fail eventually.
No matter the salary run far from working for one man businesses

Thank me later
there are so many is a one man business. What are you talking about??
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Rubyjade: 4:08pm On May 17
grin
PeterObi4LP:

You already have a job here on NL. Hence, looking for another job is wickedness when others don't have grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Xinjin: 4:13pm On May 17
ThiefnubuBandit:
I was once employed by a company. On the first day of work, I discovered that most of the staff were putting on worn-out clothes. The manager's shoes had open mouths. Some of the workers had spent years in the organization with nothing to show for it. Only the owner of the organization was making progress financially. I didn't show up the next day and that was the end.
All these observations in just a day, you wicked o
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Aringon(m): 4:15pm On May 17
Most of you folks searching for a job don't know anything and like you folks generalised, how do you feel the HR department receiving a bad written application and the person searching for a job behaving lackadaisical too.

There are so many one man business doing very well and taking care of their members of staff.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Charly68: 4:17pm On May 17
High staff turnover revealed to me the poor staff package and poor welfare

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by RickyJesus: 4:33pm On May 17
helinues:
You choose joblessness I see.

2 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by mamaafrik(m): 4:43pm On May 17
I remember a company at ijora, na one of the security tell me say them they òwe oooo.
Na him I waka.

Galaxy Television that is always looking for staff all day.
The moment you hear "are you sure you are ready to work ",Ogbeni tear race

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by alt3r3g0: 4:47pm On May 17
In those days, I'll look at the type of cars on the property.

It gives an idea of what their pay package is like.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by lavylilly: 4:51pm On May 17
If I am in the interview panel and someone walk-in and they all stand up, it a huge red flag for me
You are asking me to come along with my cv, cv wey i send give you shocked
Requesting pay slip
Refusing to tell me the JD
Physical Interview is by 2:00pm just know you will be working late

3 Likes

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Alwayshungry: 4:55pm On May 17
sunnymighty:

A wrong perception bro.You don't judge a book by its cover. I bought my Car were I am working at present. It is at home because of the bad road and I don't dress to.'kill' because of the nature of my work.
ur opinion though... If I come to ur office and I see lots of people putting bad shoes., chaffed soles, dirty shoes.... I run.

1 Like

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by YourGFsnatcher: 5:00pm On May 17
[quote author=Meerahbel post=129995278][/quote]
micro management. I hate that.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Kumta: 5:00pm On May 17
helinues:
You have made the nicest choice
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by worldclass68(m): 5:24pm On May 17
They asked me to resume on the supposed physical interview date, even the work prescriptions differs to what I met on ground...the next day from 8am, 10pm I still dey office and no sign of going home, worst was that, they don recruits up to 20 people within a month and all of them don japa...lol very toxic environment, even the supposed supervisor wey dey encourage come drop office items for me the same day ( resigning)...
I no kukuma resume the next day since I never collect offer letter.. cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by sunnymighty(m): 5:29pm On May 17
Rubyjade:
shocked Did you buy it with your salary?

Yes,saved towards it.
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Enianjola82: 5:42pm On May 17
I once went for an interview and we were told the interview was postponed coz the Gm wasnt around. I went for different stages of the interview but all those times, they kept us waiting for over 3hours before attending to us. Anytime l scroll by the job notice on this nairaland, l always swear for them.

I always check shoes too, shoes dont lie, if the shoes of many of the staffs are old and rough or they keep a pair of shoe or jacket that they wear everyday for work in the office.

Staff will always gossip about the boss. If the old staff are mostly abusing or complaining

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by Mjshexy(f): 5:45pm On May 17
worldclass68:
They asked me to resume on the supposed physical interview date, even the work prescriptions differs to what I met on ground...the next day from 8am, 10pm I still dey office and no sign of going home, worst was that, they don recruits up to 20 people within a month and all of them don japa...lol very toxic environment, even the supposed supervisor wey dey encourage come drop office items for me the same day ( resigning)...
I no kukuma resume the next day since I never collect offer letter.. cool
Lol cheesy
Re: What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? by femi4: 5:58pm On May 17
[quote author=Meerahbel post=129995278][/quote]unpaid salary and allowance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-Power Batch C: How To Check The N-Power Category You Applied For / Please Help With Your Candid Opinion / Thread For N-health Applicant, Please Read The Instructions Carefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.