Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,666 members, 7,862,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. (6335 Views)

I Had Sex With My Childhood Crush, Now I Am Confused & Filled With Guilt / Some Ladies That Just Got Married Are Still Sleeping With Their Sugar Daddy / 1997 Vs 2018 Photos Of Kenyan Childhood Friends Who Became Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by jeromestarks: 6:54pm On May 22
We were seven friends growing up. After University, we lost contact due NYSC posting.
Last week, we reunited at the wedding of the daughter of our village head.
To my surprise, the five that are married are not looking good at all. It was so obvious that the lady who served us food (also our close friend) asked one of us if he is sick. This guy use to have swag and clean beards then. But now, his beards look so scattered. His potbelly starts from his chest. His face have become so wide and flat. His hairs are all gone. Like, nothing on his head but skin. Clothes couldn't fit him again. Unlike when we were in the university. This guy was tall and handsome but I don't understand how he now look short, fat with shoulders raised to the neck.

He isn't the only one that looked frustrated. One can't even walk well again. Stroke? He said no. Then what happened?
The painful one is the guy who use to be gentle and happy. We all knew this guy as a jovial person. Omo! When we met at the wedding ceremony, this guy looked so depressed. The pains he goes through daily show on his face.

I thought it was the journey that put so much frustrations on them but all of them came to the wedding by fight!
The had rested in a nearby hotel for two days before the wedding day. So why did the look so bad?
The annoying part is that, as we discussed over drinks, these guys still say dumb shitts like "marriage is good oooo. Do and get married"
And I was like "marriage is good but look at you guys. You're all shadows of yourselves. Is this how you were 9 years ago?"
They all agreed that the are going through hard times caused by marriage.

I and the one who is not married looked so clean, happy and healthy. We don't have problems. We chilled with young girls at the event. We were so attractive. Unlike our married counterparts.

Omo, married men are going through a lot ooo.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by squash47(m): 6:58pm On May 22
You have quite a handful of unfortunate friends. Come here and see how married men are looking sharp. Those your friends are bad examples.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Natbrowny: 7:02pm On May 22
Its like saying. U'll be like them when you get married

Change ur mindset

Marriage is not someone having a girlfriend. Its you having another person living with you.

So many things will happen. Ur ability to stand and withstand things, compromising things etc.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by immortalcrown(m): 7:02pm On May 22
As you make your bed, so you lie on it.

Marriage is not the problem. Irrationality towards marriage is the problem.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by jeromestarks: 7:02pm On May 22
squash47:
You have quite a handful of unfortunate friends. Come here and see how married men are looking sharp. Those your friends are bad examples.
Are you married?

1 Like

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by silvoclaira: 7:05pm On May 22
Just wait for the virgin of your kind

3 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by jeromestarks: 7:06pm On May 22
Natbrowny:
Its like saying. U'll be like them when you get married

Change ur mindset

Marriage is not someone having a girlfriend. Its you having another person living with you.

So many things will happen. Ur ability to stand and withstand things, compromising things etc.

If you are married, pick up your photos of "before and after" tell me what you see.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by jeromestarks: 7:07pm On May 22
silvoclaira:
Just wait for the virgin of your kind
Nice one. I forgot to ask them if they married a virgin woman.
Maybe is the public tools the married that drained their essence.

5 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by squash47(m): 7:09pm On May 22
jeromestarks:

Are you married?
yes

1 Like

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by HopeNeverDies: 7:09pm On May 22
Damnnnn

So bad đź’”
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by jeromestarks: 7:10pm On May 22
squash47:
yes
Take a look at the pictures you took 10 years before the marriage and look at yourself now.
You will almost cry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by jeromestarks: 7:11pm On May 22
HopeNeverDies:
Damnnnn

So bad đź’”
Very very sad man.
Women drain the life force of men that marry them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Myrepublic(m): 7:35pm On May 22
Marriage drains men..but if you are rich it won't be easily noticed.. Na side chick,and bottles some dey use kill sorrow. Those deep rooted in the things of the kingdom uses the word of God. If not en, married men for no dey last reach as them dey last reach so...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:41pm On May 22
jeromestarks:
We were seven friends growing up. After University, we lost contact due NYSC posting.
To my surprise, the five that are married are not looking good at all. It was so obvious that the lady who served us food (also our close friend) asked one of us if he is sick. This guy use to have swag and clean beards then. But now, his beards look so scattered. His potbelly starts from his chest. His face have become so wide and flat. His hairs are all gone. Like nothing on his head again but skin. Clothes couldn't fit him again. Unlike when we were in the university. This guy was tall and handsome but I don't understand how he now look short, fat with shoulders raised to the neck.

He isn't the only one that looked frustrated. One can't even walk well again. Stroke? He said no. Then what happened?
The painful one is the guy who use to be gentle and happy. We all knew this guy as a jovial person. Omo! When we met at the wedding ceremony, this guy looked so depressed. The pains he goes through daily show on his face.

I thought it was the journey that put so much frustrations on them but all of them came to the wedding by fight!
The had rested in a nearby hotel for two days before the wedding day. So why did the look so bad?
The annoying part is that, as we discussed over drinks, these guys still say dumb shitts like "marriage is good oooo. Do and get married"
And I was like "marriage is good but look at you guys. You're all shadows of yourselves. Is this how you were 9 years ago?"

I and the one who is not married looked so clean, happy and healthy. We don't have problems. We chilled with young girls at the event. We were so attractive. Unlike our married counterparts.

There's nothing wrong with marriage if you're married to the right person. You people should stop making the unmarried people scared of marriage.

Your boys didn't take good care of themselves, it's that simple.

A man is a provider, it's very difficult to do that these days - providing for your wife and kids.

But there are times you need to think about yourself also,

... buy better clothes, do a little skincare, use nice bathing soap, body cream, sunscreen, roll-on, oil perfume etc.

... Do your grooming weekly, haircut and beards!

... Exercise if you're getting too big, cut down on excessive alcohol and stay healthy!

Not everything is until you have big money!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by SenecaTheYonger: 7:54pm On May 22
lol you are the one hyping yourself while putting down your married friends. Obviously that’s a biased write up. You’re desperately trying to project misery on your friends so you’ll feel better about being at your age, unmarried.

The lies we tell ourselves. Sad

25 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by squash47(m): 7:56pm On May 22
jeromestarks:

Take a look at the pictures you took 10 years before the marriage and look at yourself now.
You will almost cry.
rubbish talk.

4 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by idahme(m): 8:10pm On May 22
squash47:

If you take a stats of today Nigeria you will understand that a large chunk are going through what the dude narrated.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by idahme(m): 8:14pm On May 22
GlorifiedTunde:

There's nothing wrong with marriage if you're married to the right person. You people should stop making the unmarried people scared of marriage.

A man is a provider, it's very difficult to do that these days - providing for your wife and kids.

... buy better clothes, do a little skincare, use nice bathing soap, body cream, sunscreen, roll-on, oil perfume etc.

... Exercise if you're getting too big, cut down on excessive alcohol and stay healthy!

All the things you enumerated is a stress in itself..It's not easy for any married man that's why I pity any man who marries a woman with the ideology of my money is my money and your money our money. Selfish and self centered women are to be left in their fathers house

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Divoc19(f): 8:17pm On May 22
That scam of an institution or whatever they call it is not for everyone. Know this and know peace

7 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by CrossRhodes: 8:21pm On May 22
jeromestarks:
To my surprise, the five that are married are not looking good at all. It was so obvious that the lady who served us food (also our close friend) asked one of us if he is sick. This guy use to have swag and clean beards then. But now, his beards look so scattered. His potbelly starts from his chest. His face have become so wide and flat. His hairs are all gone. Like nothing on his head again but skin. Clothes couldn't fit him again. Unlike when we were in the university. This guy was tall and handsome but I don't understand how he now look short, fat with shoulders raised to the neck.

Okwu nkasi obi

Go and marry,
Pray for Gods guidance.
Vet your girl and marry her if she passes.

Lots of married folks are doing well and living good and blessed in their marriage but you focus on a small percentage because you are looking for excuses.

Look at your parents, are they not doing well?
Start from there..

7 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by CrossRhodes: 8:25pm On May 22
SenecaTheYonger:
lol you are the one hyping yourself while putting down your married friends. Obviously that’s a biased write up. You’re desperately trying to project misery on your friends so you’ll feel better about being at your age, unmarried.

The lies we tell ourselves. Sad
Very sad

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Kobicove(m): 8:29pm On May 22
squash47:

grin

1 Like

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by franchasofficia: 8:34pm On May 22
jeromestarks:

Their problem isn't marriage, their problem is harsh economy of Nigeria under APC leadership since 2015, and made worst under the known drug trafficking looter since 2023.

Even my small company's revenue/profit have dropped drastically since this year, all thanks to Tinubu's thoughtless economic policies, and I thank God I diversified into various other businesses and still diversifying to maneuver through this Tinubulation period, if not, na so I for don lean pass my current slim fit stature and people like you will start blaming my amazing, super angelic wifey that even brought more joy, success and class into my life grin

So don't blame marriage for their current life struggles, Nigeria under Tinubu's government has not been favorable to most Nigerians into legitimate businesses.

The greatest challenge men experience in marriage that drain them are:

1.) financial problem
2.) inability to have kids

if these two issues are not present in a man's marriage, believe me, the man have no issue at all, every other issue can be taken care of or even overlooked or managed.

Another thing that drain men in marriage is taking care of kids (age 1 to 6yrs) if he and his wife doesnt have relatives to come around and unlucky to find a help/nanny, and this becomes worst if both wifey and hubby are working full time. If you haven't stayed with 2yrs to 5yr old kids alone in the house, you will never know that children are a hard nut even though they are adorable lolz

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:34pm On May 22
idahme:

All the things you enumerated is a stress in itself..It's not easy for any married man that's why I pity any man who marries a woman with the ideology of my money is my money and your money our money. Selfish and self centered women are to be left in their fathers house

What isn't stress?
Growing older isn't stressful?
Going to school isn't stressful?
Getting a job/career isn't stressful?
Building a home/family isn't stressful?

If you don't want stress at all, you can never achieve your dreams in life!

Wake up boy!
Nothing comes easy!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by 1Sharon(f): 8:42pm On May 22
Out of all seven friends, you're the only one doing well?

The common denominator is you, you're bad luck.

4 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by franchasofficia: 8:43pm On May 22
GlorifiedTunde:

Honestly the way they paint marriage on Nairaland can even scare the devil from nearing Eve if given a second chance cheesy

The only challenge Nigerian men living in Nigeria have in marriage is money. So long as you are earning good income monthly as a Nigerian man, forget it, your problem in marriage is 60 - 70% solved.

And then if you married a respectful lady with great understanding, then your problem is 90% solved as a Nigerian married guy living in Nigeria.

Most of the challenges Nigerian married men are facing in their marriage has to do with finances. APC have destroyed Nigeria's economy and this is affecting a lot of men and marriages in Nigeria.

Nigerians need to collectively come together and shun tribe and send APC packing at all cost because if not, I see more troubles for Nigerians should APC continue after 2027

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by NPFLADMIN(m): 8:44pm On May 22
Ever considered that their problem might be the HARSH economy?

4 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by 4ward4: 8:55pm On May 22
it takes nothing maintaining a Bachelor, but it takes alot of cash maintaining a married home. That actually isn't an excuse for their odd looks tho, but they all know where their majority of their funds are going too.

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Gadafii: 9:11pm On May 22
Marriage no favor man, na trap, eternal prison

If you must marry, marry someone who loves you more than you love her, committed to the union than you do, respect and accept your decisions, be obedient to your rules and most importantly treat her well as deserving, otherwise stay single and enjoy it.

If you marry a woman who sees you as a competition, you are done for

That's what probably happened to your married friends, their wives shoe then shege but they decide to believe in illusions, your wife should be your support system, pillar, manager and home maker otherwise you go nearly wan die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by tyup(m): 9:12pm On May 22
GlorifiedTunde:

If you talk bout getting married to the right person, I guess you mean women that help you grow in most areas esp Financially. but then, how many of them help you grow financially esp in this Nigeria??

With the current situ in Nigeria, do you have an idea bout how much better clothes cost?? I priced a vintage shirt recently, I intended to get 3 at least but the price I was given (12k each) made me settle for just 2 which he sold for me at 22k

Imagine you as a married man earning probably 150k monthly, do you mean it'd be easy to let go of 22k for just 2 shirts?? No. instead what will be on ur mind is how to use that same money to feed the family and take care of the Kids needs.

This isn't bout making unmarried men scared, but let's spill the white truth. Bro, Marriage in Nigeria doesn't favor men at all, it takes a whole lot from you and leaves you with little or absolutely nothing and if you're not careful, it'll shorten ur life's span even bfr time or leaves you utterly broken.

For any Guy that loves his life or wants the best for his future, Marriage should be the least of his plans and it'd be good if he never enters it at all even

I agree with Gadafii Marriage is a trap no guy should be entrapped in easily

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by VinnyBaba: 9:18pm On May 22
The Funny Thing about this OP is that he is an APC/Tinibu supporter. undecided

From 2010 Upwards, A Married Man in Nigeria could Cater for his Family with 50K Salary. smiley

But from 2015 till now when the Twin DISASTERS of Buhari and Ebola tinibu came onboard, even 120k Salary can't sustain a Man, his wife and 2 Children. embarassed sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by idahme(m): 9:18pm On May 22
GlorifiedTunde:

What isn't stress?
Growing older isn't stressful?
Going to school isn't stressful?
Getting a job/career isn't stressful?
Building a home/family isn't stressful?

If you don't want stress at all, you can never achieve your dreams in life!

Wake up boy!
Nothing comes easy!

Ur father should wake up? It seems you were never taught respect in communication by your parents, it seems you don't know how to comprehend. Did I say marriage is easy? I meant it requires team work to make it less difficult.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Had Sex In A First Date. / Some Naughty But True Facts / Top Five Most Handsome Guys Ever In The History Of Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.