Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. (6349 Views)

I Had Sex With My Childhood Crush, Now I Am Confused & Filled With Guilt / Some Ladies That Just Got Married Are Still Sleeping With Their Sugar Daddy / 1997 Vs 2018 Photos Of Kenyan Childhood Friends Who Became Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Bankowner: 9:28pm On May 22
Bro!
Go and work and make money.
Take care of yourself then you'll see how sweet marriage can be.

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:31pm On May 22
idahme:

Ur father should wake up? It seems you were never taught respect in communication by your parents, it seems you don't know how to comprehend. Did I say marriage is easy? I meant it requires team work to make it less difficult.

I didn't insult you in anyway! The "wake up boy" is a pallance usable to either a younger person or a contemporary.

So you decided to go after my father who is long gone from this world? Because you think you're talking to a kid?

And you went mentioning my parents just like that? Who is being disrespectful now?

No problem. Na faceless social media cause this kain disregard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by tyup(m): 9:41pm On May 22
Bankowner:
Bro!

Taking care of himself doesn't determines how sweet marriage is. that to me is delusional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Gerrard59(m): 10:49pm On May 22
Person wey eat fufu and stew dey claim he hobnobs with young girls and looks good.

All these eye checkers and logs of wood.

3 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Georgekyrian(m): 12:09am On May 23
jeromestarks:
We were seven friends growing up. After University, we lost contact due NYSC posting.
Last week, we reunited at the wedding of the daughter of our village head.
To my surprise, the five that are married are not looking good at all. It was so obvious that the lady who served us food (also our close friend) asked one of us if he is sick. This guy use to have swag and clean beards then. But now, his beards look so scattered. His potbelly starts from his chest. His face have become so wide and flat. His hairs are all gone. Like nothing on his head again but skin. Clothes couldn't fit him again. Unlike when we were in the university. This guy was tall and handsome but I don't understand how he now look short, fat with shoulders raised to the neck.

He isn't the only one that looked frustrated. One can't even walk well again. Stroke? He said no. Then what happened?
The painful one is the guy who use to be gentle and happy. We all knew this guy as a jovial person. Omo! When we met at the wedding ceremony, this guy looked so depressed. The pains he goes through daily show on his face.

I thought it was the journey that put so much frustrations on them but all of them came to the wedding by fight!
The had rested in a nearby hotel for two days before the wedding day. So why did the look so bad?
The annoying part is that, as we discussed over drinks, these guys still say dumb shitts like "marriage is good oooo. Do and get married"
And I was like "marriage is good but look at you guys. You're all shadows of yourselves. Is this how you were 9 years ago?"
They all agreed that the are going through hard times caused by marriage.

I and the one who is not married looked so clean, happy and healthy. We don't have problems. We chilled with young girls at the event. We were so attractive. Unlike our married counterparts.

Omo, married men are going through a lot ooo.

You are confuse, if I shows you photo of my group of friends, you go marry next Saturday.. you’re wailing and looking for words of comfort

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by kelvin1191(m): 12:19am On May 23
You Passed Because You Are The One that set The Question And Scored Yourself. Let Another Do The Marking.

3 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Kevineleven(m): 12:53am On May 23
In your friends case marriage is not the problem but the absence of financial stability.
It is easy to buga as a single guy when you are earning a couple of hundreds of thousand of naira , when you get married it will dawn on you , that money is actually small.
Poor people can get married but don't start breeding yet ,the country is overpopulated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by otipoju(m): 1:39am On May 23
franchasofficia:
Their problem isn't marriage, their problem is harsh economy of Nigeria under APC leadership since 2015, and made worst under the known drug trafficking looter since 2023.

Even my small company's revenue/profit have dropped drastically since this year, all thanks to Tinubu's thoughtless economic policies, and I thank God I diversified into various other businesses and still diversifying to maneuver through this Tinubulation period, if not, na so I for don lean pass my current slim fit stature and people like you will start blaming my amazing, super angelic wifey that even brought more joy, success and class into my life grin

So don't blame marriage for their current life struggles, Nigeria under Tinubu's government has not been favorable to most Nigerians into legitimate businesses.

The greatest challenge men experience in marriage that drain them are:

1.) financial problem
2.) inability to have kids

if these two issues are not present in a man's marriage, believe me, the man have no issue at all, every other issue can be taken care of or even overlooked or managed.

Another thing that drain men in marriage is taking care of kids (age 1 to 6yrs) if he and his wife doesnt have relatives to come around and unlucky to find a help/nanny, and this becomes worst if both wifey and hubby are working full time. If you haven't stayed with 2yrs to 5yr old kids alone in the house, you will never know that children are a hard nut even though they are adorable lolz

Omo e no dey easy. I have practically become another person entirely. Every 5 minutes, I dey settle complaint. This one hit me, this one dey repeat wetin I talk, something bite me , i want drink water.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Sapasenator: 4:49am On May 23
Marriage is not the problem, ineffective family planning and having too many kids are usually the culprit for the most part.

Marry an individual who has a career or business and have only ONE child.

The couple must be contributing financially into the marriage and you will see marriage in itself is not the problem.

No matter what, have only ONE child.

OP, you need a paradigm shift in your mentalities towards marriage and stop hanging out with illiterate village people.

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by NwaliE01: 5:19am On May 23
squash47:
You have quite a handful of unfortunate friends. Come here and see how married men are looking sharp. Those your friends are bad examples.
I agree with you 💯%

The OP is quite unfortunate 😕

1 Like

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 5:48am On May 23
His potbelly starts from his chest grin grin

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Bankowner: 6:18am On May 23
Good thing you pointed out that your delusional comment is your opinion.
tyup:

Taking care of himself doesn't determines how sweet marriage is. that to me is delusional
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by ruggedtimi(m): 6:19am On May 23
So chilling with young girls is the happiness here. Dey there by the time 30yrs come go and you have no child ur eye go clear
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Matheusmartin: 6:41am On May 23
Bankowner:
Bro!
Like say e easy to get the money...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:06am On May 23
jeromestarks:
We were seven friends growing up. After University, we lost contact due NYSC posting.
To my surprise, the five that are married are not looking good at all. It was so obvious that the lady who served us food (also our close friend) asked one of us if he is sick. This guy use to have swag and clean beards then. But now, his beards look so scattered. His potbelly starts from his chest. His face have become so wide and flat. His hairs are all gone. Like nothing on his head again but skin. Clothes couldn't fit him again. Unlike when we were in the university. This guy was tall and handsome but I don't understand how he now look short, fat with shoulders raised to the neck.

He isn't the only one that looked frustrated. One can't even walk well again. Stroke? He said no. Then what happened?
The painful one is the guy who use to be gentle and happy. We all knew this guy as a jovial person. Omo! When we met at the wedding ceremony, this guy looked so depressed. The pains he goes through daily show on his face.

I thought it was the journey that put so much frustrations on them but all of them came to the wedding by fight!
The had rested in a nearby hotel for two days before the wedding day. So why did the look so bad?
The annoying part is that, as we discussed over drinks, these guys still say dumb shitts like "marriage is good oooo. Do and get married"
And I was like "marriage is good but look at you guys. You're all shadows of yourselves. Is this how you were 9 years ago?"

I and the one who is not married looked so clean, happy and healthy. We don't have problems. We chilled with young girls at the event. We were so attractive. Unlike our married counterparts.

you are a terrible lier, I've told you to be backing up your lies with photos to atleast look real, now where is your friends looking in bad shape and you looking clean

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by SocialJustice: 7:31am On May 23
squash47:
You have quite a handful of unfortunate friends. Come here and see how married men are looking sharp. Those your friends are bad examples.
Thank you jare. Very unfortunate crew.

3 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:41am On May 23
jeromestarks:

You are a pure saddist. They were never your friends but your enemies. If you don't envy their marriage, you won't be posting this here.

For someone not to be happy on his wedding ceremony and he's your friend and you didn't even bother to ask

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by PrinceofSarcasm: 9:07am On May 23
jeromestarks:

I read your message, and I can understand why you were taken aback by the changes you saw in your friends at the wedding. It's tough to see people you care about going through hard times, especially when you remember them in their prime.

Life after university has taken different paths for all of us, and it seems like marriage has been challenging for some of your friends. It's important to remember that everyone’s journey is unique, and what we see on the outside doesn't always reflect the full picture of their experiences.

Marriage, like any major life commitment, can come with its own set of stresses and responsibilities. The physical and emotional toll it can take might be more visible in some than in others. It’s disheartening to see your friends struggling, but it’s also a reminder of the importance of offering support and understanding.

It might be helpful to reach out to them individually, not just as a group, to see how they're really doing. Sometimes, people don’t open up in a group setting but might be more honest one-on-one.Try to be there for them and maybe suggest ways you can all support each other better.

As for your own situation, it's great to hear that you and the other unmarried friend are doing well and feeling good about where you are in life. Everyone's timeline and experiences with marriage and life’s other big commitments are different. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer, and what works for one person might not work for another.

Try and keep the lines of communication open and support each other as best you can. Life is full of ups and downs, and it's our friendships that can help us navigate through them.

Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by COOL10(m): 11:16am On May 23
It's no surprise to see the current and prospective slaves defending the marriage plantation. Misery loves company and that's why they want other men to become like them.

They love marriage so much, but are too scared to do DNA tests on their children.

They love marriage so much, but are too stupid to notice that their lovely wives are getting pounded morning, afternoon and night by the same men they love to castigate for being single.

As a married man, when last did your wife suck your diick? When last did she ride you with so much force and passion till your dick couldn't take it anymore? Of course, you can't remember, because it rarely happens or has probably never even happened.

But she'll gladly go on her knees and suck the hell out of your mechanic's dick. She'll even swallow his cum and then kiss you goodnight with those same lips. Your electrician already knows the in-and-out of your wife's pussy. Within seconds of seeing your driver, her pussy is already wet for him.

Embrace that scam of an institution called marriage all you want, but don't you dare criticize those who've chosen to remain free, lest you end up looking like a fool.

7 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Macmilla(m): 11:29am On May 23
jeromestarks:

Let us face facts and stop deceiving ourselves.
What exactly do men gain from marriage?
Tell me one thing you are getting as a married man that you couldn't get as an unmarried man. Just one thing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by AkhereOkaka(m): 12:02pm On May 23
GlorifiedTunde:

There's nothing wrong with marriage if you're married to the right person. You people should stop making the unmarried people scared of marriage.

Your boys didn't take good care of themselves, it's that simple.

A man is a provider, it's very difficult to do that these days - providing for your wife and kids.

But there are times you need to think about yourself also,

... buy better clothes, do a little skincare, use nice bathing soap, body cream, sunscreen, roll-on, oil perfume etc.

... Do your grooming weekly, haircut and beards!

... Exercise if you're getting too big, cut down on excessive alcohol and stay healthy!

Not everything is until you have big money!

You've said it all, God bless you for this.

I'm a married man, I look more better in terms of look when I was single. The current cream I use was prescribed by my wife, including supplements.
Pray to get married to the right person.

We rise by lifting others

2 Likes

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Obierika(m): 1:37pm On May 23
You need to change your circle of friends
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Sibrah: 2:27pm On May 23
Marriages now are unbalanced. The demands too are unreal. The expectations are unjustly high one side. To cope in a country where everything just went up by 3 or 4 fold is no joke. Which employer will give you increase? If any, it is minimal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by postigar(m): 5:03pm On May 23
squash47:
thank you for schooling the young man

1 Like

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by kestolove95(m): 5:45pm On May 23
Oga goan marry
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Bankowner: 6:03am On May 24
Matheusmartin:
Like say e easy to get the money...
Even God did not make it easy for man to till the soil.
Go and work, work was never designed to be easy.
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by okoroemeka(m): 6:24am On May 24
jeromestarks:
To my surprise, the five that are married are not looking good at all. It was so obvious that the lady who served us food (also our close friend) asked one of us if he is sick. This guy use to have swag and clean beards then. But now, his beards look so scattered. His potbelly starts from his chest. His face have become so wide and flat. His hairs are all gone. Like, nothing on his head but skin. Clothes couldn't fit him again. Unlike when we were in the university. This guy was tall and handsome but I don't understand how he now look short, fat with shoulders raised to the neck.

don't use and magnify the condition of your married friends to justify you not be married,this is one of the reasons i don't keep friends, there must be competitive jealousy,I am sorry for your friends because they don't even know the type of friend they have,a narcissist that will not hesitate to gloat over the condition of others
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Dyfynezz12(m): 6:47am On May 24
Marriage is one of the sweetest thing if u married the right person.
Will never be an advocate of baby mama stuff.

There's nothing as raising ur kids together with ur legally married wife
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by diogo23: 7:23am On May 24
jeromestarks:

Take a look at the pictures you took 10 years before the marriage and look at yourself now.
You will almost cry.
Oga people grow everyday, even you that has not married check your before pictures and now then compare them
Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by Macmilla(m): 1:25pm On May 24
Sibrah:
Marriages now are unbalanced. The demands too are unreal. The expectations are unjustly high one side. To cope in a country where everything just went up by 3 or 4 fold is no joke. Which employer will give you increase? If any, it is minimal.
And despite all these, some silly women will still insist on "his money is our money, but my money is my money". Bunch of parasites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by techgen(m): 5:48pm On May 24
The writer is not far from the truth…make we not they hype these days marriage.

Most folks are going through hell…I have two close pals who say dem nor wan do again…WOMEN are great manipulators…couple with the fact that if you nor use your head for marriage, there’s nothing in stock for you.

No doubt, marriage is adorable…but the genesis of all mental stress, still remains the fact that most men or women don’t marry who Dey sole desire…A women will always marry who is available, men in old age will just want to fulfill all righteousness.

#las las na God Dey help mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. by techgen(m): 5:52pm On May 24
Macmilla:

Let us face facts and stop deceiving ourselves.
What exactly do men gain from marriage?
Tell me one thing you are getting as a married man that you couldn't get as an unmarried man. Just one thing.

Off the mic…nor loud am😏

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Even If My Wife Earns Ten Times D Amount I Do, I Wil Never Let Her Pay D Bills!. / The five love languages -what is your love language / How Often Should A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Have Sex Weekly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.